Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Delhi (VMMC) was founded in 2001 by the Government of India at Safdarjung Hospital. VMMC is part of the Central Government’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and has Medical Council of India recognition.
The university provides MBBS, MS/MD, and Super Speciality Courses. With an overall score of 56.2 out of 100, the institute was ranked 18th in the Medical category in the NIRF 2021 Ranking.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi is located in Ansari Nagar, near AIIMS Hospital. It is approximately 10 kilometres from New Delhi Railway Station and 16 kilometres from Indira Gandhi International Airport. It is 2 kilometres from the S.N. Bus Depot.
|Name of Institute||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Delhi|
|Popular Name||VMMC Delhi, VMMC and Safdarjang Hospital, Safdarjung Medical College Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Delhi|
|Contact||Address: VMMC & Safdarjang Hospital Ministry of Health & F.W., Govt. of India New Delhi – 110 029 |
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastrcture
- Academic Facilities:
- Lecture Halls: VMMC has well-equipped lecture halls where students attend classes and lectures.
- Library: The institution has a comprehensive library with a vast collection of medical books, journals, and online resources to support research and learning.
- Laboratories: VMMC has modern laboratories for various medical and scientific research purposes.
- Auditorium: An auditorium is available for seminars, conferences, and cultural events.
- Medical Facilities:
- Safdarjung Hospital: VMMC is closely associated with Safdarjung Hospital, which provides a wide range of medical services to the public. The hospital is a major teaching hospital for the college.
- Hostel and Accommodation:
- VMMC provides hostel facilities for its students. These hostels offer a safe and convenient place for students to stay while pursuing their medical education.
- Recreation and Sports:
- The college campus may have recreational facilities like sports grounds and a gymnasium to promote physical well-being among students.
- Cafeteria and Dining:
- There are usually cafeteria and dining facilities on campus where students and staff can have meals and refreshments.
- Medical Research and Laboratories:
- The college may have state-of-the-art research facilities and laboratories for students and faculty to engage in medical research and experimentation.
- Medical Equipment and Technology:
- VMMC is expected to have access to modern medical equipment and technology to support teaching, research, and patient care.
- Clinical Departments:
- Various clinical departments are part of the institution, including Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radiology, and more. These departments are equipped with the necessary infrastructure to provide clinical training to medical students.
- Student Services:
- VMMC typically offers student services such as counseling, career guidance, and academic support to ensure the well-being and success of its students.
Faculty And Staff
- Teaching Faculty:
- Professors: These are senior faculty members who hold significant expertise in their respective medical fields. They often lead departments and contribute to research and teaching.
- Associate Professors: Faculty members at this level have substantial teaching and research experience. They assist in various academic and administrative responsibilities.
- Assistant Professors: Junior faculty members who contribute to teaching and research activities under the guidance of senior professors.
- Clinical Faculty:
- Medical Practitioners: Many clinical departments at VMMC have medical practitioners who actively engage in patient care, clinical teaching, and medical research.
- Specialists: The faculty may include specialists in various medical disciplines, such as surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and more.
- Non-Teaching Staff:
- Administrative Staff: Individuals responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative operations of the institution, including admissions, financial matters, and general administration.
- Support Staff: These staff members provide essential services such as maintenance, security, and clerical support.
- Research Scholars and Fellows:
- Research scholars pursuing postgraduate and doctoral studies often contribute to ongoing research projects under the guidance of faculty members.
- Technical and Laboratory Staff:
- Professionals who manage and maintain the laboratories and equipment necessary for medical research and experimentation.
- Clinical Support Staff:
- Nurses, technicians, and other healthcare professionals who assist in patient care and clinical training.
- Experts who manage the medical library and provide research assistance to students and faculty.
- Counselors and Career Advisors:
- Professionals who offer guidance and counseling services to students on academic and career-related matters.
- Guest Lecturers and Visiting Faculty:
- Experts from various fields of medicine and allied sciences may be invited as guest lecturers or visiting faculty members to enrich the educational experience.
- Hospital Staff:
- Safdarjung Hospital, closely associated with VMMC, employs a significant number of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, and administrative staff.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
For UG Courses
|MBBS||4 .6 years + 1 year compulsory internships||170|
For PG Courses
|MD ANATOMY||3 Years||6|
|MD PHYSIOLOGY||3 Years||7|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||3 Years||4|
|MD PATHOLOGY||3 Years||10|
|MD MICROBIOLOGY||3 Years||5|
|MD PHARMACOLOGY||3 Years||4|
|MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE||3 Years||9|
|MD PHARMACOLOGY||3 Years||4|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||3 Years||4|
|MD RADIODIAGNOSIS||3 Years||21|
|MD PAEDIATRICS||3 Years||16|
|MD DERMATOLOGY||3 Years||5|
|MD SPORTS MEDICINE||3 Years||5|
|MD ANAESTHESIOLOGY||3 Years||65|
|MD PSYCHIATRY||3 Years||5|
|MD PHYSICAL MEDICINE||3 Years||5|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||3 Years||24|
|MD RADIOTHERAPY||3 Years||6|
|MS OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||3 Years||31|
|MS ENT||3 Years||8|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||3 Years||21|
|MS OPHTHALMOLOGY||3 Years||7|
|MS ORTHOPAEDICS||3 Years||15|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 38,000/- (For State Quota)|
Rs. 57,000/- (For AIQ Quota)
For PG Courses
|MD/MS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
Step 1: Access the Registration Portal
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Medical Sciences: www.fmsc.ac.in.
- Look for the “UG (MBBS/BDS) Admission” section under “Course Updates” and click on the online registration link (which will be provided later).
Step 2: Create Login Details
- If you are a first-time user, create your login details.
- On the “Confirm your Information” page, provide your NEET-UG-2023 Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Click “View” to verify your details. If correct, click “Confirm” to proceed.
Step 3: Provide Contact Information
- Enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID for future communication regarding admission.
Step 4: Set a Password
- Create a password (maximum six characters) for online registration (not your email account password).
- This password will be used to access your account throughout the admission process.
Step 5: Log In and Fill the Registration Form
- Log in using your registered email ID and the created password.
- Fill out the online registration form with accurate details. Be careful as no changes can be made later.
Step 6: Upload Documents
- Upload the following documents where required:
- Passport size photograph (120×130, jpg format, size up to 150KB)
- Scanned signature (200×50, jpg format, size up to 100KB)
- Self-attested copy of NEET-UG-2023 Admit Card (PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Person with Disability (PwBd) certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of OBC Certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for the financial year 2023-2024, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of EWS certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Allotment Letter issued by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Step 7: Make Payment
- Once all required documents are uploaded, proceed to make the online registration fee payment.
Step 10: Complete Registration
- After successful payment, your registration process is complete.
- No changes, additions, or deletions can be made after payment, so double-check your details.
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Online Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)|
|SC/ST and Person with Disabilities (PwBD)||Rs. 1000|
|All other categories (Unreserved, OBC/EWS etc.)||Rs. 1500|
Step 2: Online Registration
- Visit the official counseling website.
- Create a login ID and password if you are a first-time user.
- Log in to the portal using your credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses.
- Arrange them in your order of preference.
- Save and lock your choices when satisfied.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Present all required original documents and photocopies.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on your choices and merit, you’ll be allotted a seat.
- Check your allotment status on the official website.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
- Pay the required admission fees within the specified timeframe.
- Verify the payment status on the portal.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Visit the college where you’ve been allotted a seat.
- Complete the admission formalities and submit necessary documents.
Step 8: Upgradation (if applicable)
- If you wish to upgrade your allotted seat, follow the prescribed procedure.
- Check the updated seat allotment.
Step 9: Final Admission
- After seat upgradation, if any, complete the admission process at the newly allotted college.
- Pay the remaining fees if applicable.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Attend the commencement of classes at your allotted college.
- Start your academic journey in the chosen course
- NEET result 2023
- NEET 2023 admit card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs 1,000
- Self-attested copies of:
- Aadhaar card
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
- Father’s SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Character certificate issued by the principal of the school last attended
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate, if applicable
- OCI Card for Overseas Citizens of India
- The following certificates from the school will be required:
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- School is recognised by CBSE/COISC/Jamia Millia Islamia
- School is conducting regular classes
- A candidate who has conducted regular classes for Class 11 and Class 12
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Residence Requirement in Delhi (State Quota Seats)||Candidates should be bonafide residents of Delhi.|
The candidate or their parents must produce a Delhi Residence Certificate as per government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV, or any modifications issued by the competent authority from time to time.
|Eligibility for Management Category (All India)||For Management Category seats, candidates from all over India are eligible, irrespective of their state of domicile and place of study.|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria for All Categories||All candidates, including General/SC/SC(Deprived)/BC-A/BC-B/Benchmark disabilities/EWS/ESM/FF, must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, qualifications, and qualifying criteria as prescribed in the information bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) issued by NTA for the Academic year 2023-24.|
Candidates must score at least the minimum eligibility marks specified in the NEET UG-2023 Information Bulletin to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET UG Cut-off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Delhi Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- VMMC Delhi Address: VMMC & Safdarjang Hospital Ministry of Health & F.W., Govt. of India New Delhi – 110 029
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: http://www.vmmc-sjh.nic.in
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Delhi|
|All India Rank||18|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the official website for Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi?
The official website for the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi http://www.vmmc-sjh.nic.in
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi?
There are 170 seats available as 63 AIQ seats, 107 State quota seats for MBBS students at Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
When was Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi launched?
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi was launched in the year of 2002
Which university is affiliated with Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi?
The college is affiliated with the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
A candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to be eligible for NEET PG 2022. At the time of admission, such candidates must have an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.
Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
NEET-PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes at various universities and institutions across the country. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical schools in India must take the NEET-PG exam