Medical Colleges in Delhi attract students from all over India, as well as from abroad, who aspire to pursue a career in medicine and healthcare. Delhi has both government-funded and private medical colleges, which cater to the diverse needs of students. The medical colleges in Delhi are affiliated with renowned universities and are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Delhi, the capital city of India, is home to some of the most prestigious medical colleges in the country. These medical colleges have a rich history of producing some of the best doctors and medical professionals in the world. The colleges offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields of medicine, including MBBS, MD, MS, and many more.
The medical colleges in Delhi have state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities that provide students with a conducive learning environment. The colleges have well-equipped labs, libraries, and classrooms that aid in the learning process. The colleges also have well-trained faculty members who are experts in their respective fields.
The medical colleges in Delhi also offer various opportunities for research and innovation. The colleges have tie-ups with some of the best hospitals in the city, where students get to work on live projects and gain practical experience. The colleges also have research centers where students can pursue their research interests.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Delhi is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Registration Fees
- 9 Counselling Process
- 10 Documents Required
- 11 Counselling Fee
- 12 Eligibility Criteria
- 13 NEET UG Cut-off 2023
- 14 NEET College Predictors
- 15 NEET Rank Predictors
- 16 Expert Admission Consultants
- 17 Participating Medical Colleges
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
- 19 How many medical colleges are there in Delhi?
- 20 Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
- 21 Q. What are the popular specializations offered in MD/MS courses in Delhi?
- 22 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course in Delhi?
- 23 Q. What is the approximate fee structure for medical colleges in Delhi?
- 24 Q. Are there any reservation criteria for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
- 25 Q. Can international students apply for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
- 26 Q. Are there any reserved seats for students from economically weaker sections in medical colleges in Delhi?
- 27 Q. Are there any scholarships available for students studying in medical colleges in Delhi?
- 28 Q. What are the job opportunities available after completing a medical course from a college in Delhi?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET UG Exam||NEET PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Delhi||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC)Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC)||University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS)Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS)Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
Why Delhi is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Delhi is a popular destination for medical aspirants due to the presence of some of the top medical colleges in India. These colleges provide world-class education and training to students, making them competent medical professionals. The city also has state-of-the-art hospitals and research centers that offer excellent opportunities for students to gain practical experience.
- Delhi has a rich history of medical education, with institutions such as the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) having been established several decades ago. These colleges have produced some of the most eminent doctors and researchers in the country.
- Apart from the quality of education, Delhi offers a diverse cultural experience to students, with a mix of modernity and tradition. The city has a rich heritage and is home to several historical monuments, museums, and art galleries. The vibrant food and entertainment scene of Delhi also attracts students from all over the country.
- Delhi has excellent connectivity to other parts of the country, making it a convenient location for students who come from different regions. The city has a well-developed public transport system, including the metro, buses, and taxis, which make commuting easy for students.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
- Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
Step 1: Access the Registration Portal
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Medical Sciences: www.fmsc.ac.in.
- Look for the “UG (MBBS/BDS) Admission” section under “Course Updates” and click on the online registration link (which will be provided later).
Step 2: Create Login Details
- If you are a first-time user, create your login details.
- On the “Confirm your Information” page, provide your NEET-UG-2023 Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Click “View” to verify your details. If correct, click “Confirm” to proceed.
Step 3: Provide Contact Information
- Enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID for future communication regarding admission.
Step 4: Set a Password
- Create a password (maximum six characters) for online registration (not your email account password).
- This password will be used to access your account throughout the admission process.
Step 5: Log In and Fill the Registration Form
- Log in using your registered email ID and the created password.
- Fill out the online registration form with accurate details. Be careful as no changes can be made later.
Step 6: Upload Documents
- Upload the following documents where required:
- Passport size photograph (120×130, jpg format, size up to 150KB)
- Scanned signature (200×50, jpg format, size up to 100KB)
- Self-attested copy of NEET-UG-2023 Admit Card (PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Person with Disability (PwBd) certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of OBC Certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for the financial year 2023-2024, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of EWS certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Allotment Letter issued by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Step 7: Make Payment
- Once all required documents are uploaded, proceed to make the online registration fee payment.
Step 10: Complete Registration
- After successful payment, your registration process is complete.
- No changes, additions, or deletions can be made after payment, so double-check your details.
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Online Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)|
|SC/ST and Person with Disabilities (PwBD)||Rs. 1000|
|All other categories (Unreserved, OBC/EWS etc.)||Rs. 1500|
Step 2: Online Registration
- Visit the official counseling website.
- Create a login ID and password if you are a first-time user.
- Log in to the portal using your credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses.
- Arrange them in your order of preference.
- Save and lock your choices when satisfied.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Present all required original documents and photocopies.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on your choices and merit, you’ll be allotted a seat.
- Check your allotment status on the official website.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
- Pay the required admission fees within the specified timeframe.
- Verify the payment status on the portal.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Visit the college where you’ve been allotted a seat.
- Complete the admission formalities and submit necessary documents.
Step 8: Upgradation (if applicable)
- If you wish to upgrade your allotted seat, follow the prescribed procedure.
- Check the updated seat allotment.
Step 9: Final Admission
- After seat upgradation, if any, complete the admission process at the newly allotted college.
- Pay the remaining fees if applicable.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Attend the commencement of classes at your allotted college.
- Start your academic journey in the chosen course
- NEET result 2023
- NEET 2023 admit card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs 1,000
- Self-attested copies of:
- Aadhaar card
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
- Father’s SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Character certificate issued by the principal of the school last attended
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate, if applicable
- OCI Card for Overseas Citizens of India
- The following certificates from the school will be required:
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- School is recognised by CBSE/COISC/Jamia Millia Islamia
- School is conducting regular classes
- A candidate who has conducted regular classes for Class 11 and Class 12
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Residence Requirement in Delhi (State Quota Seats)||Candidates should be bonafide residents of Delhi.|
The candidate or their parents must produce a Delhi Residence Certificate as per government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV, or any modifications issued by the competent authority from time to time.
|Eligibility for Management Category (All India)||For Management Category seats, candidates from all over India are eligible, irrespective of their state of domicile and place of study.|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria for All Categories||All candidates, including General/SC/SC(Deprived)/BC-A/BC-B/Benchmark disabilities/EWS/ESM/FF, must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, qualifications, and qualifying criteria as prescribed in the information bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) issued by NTA for the Academic year 2023-24.|
Candidates must score at least the minimum eligibility marks specified in the NEET UG-2023 Information Bulletin to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET UG Cut-off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Medical Colleges
Government Medical College
Private Medical Colleges
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||tuition Fees|
|1.||Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi||University of Jamia Hamdard (Hamdard University)||Society||2012||150||Rs. 17,75,000/-|
|2.||Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Trust||2008||100||Rs. 3,27,625/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many medical colleges are there in Delhi?
A: Delhi has a total of 10 medical colleges, including both government and private institutions.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
A: The eligibility criteria vary depending on the course and the institution. However, generally, candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects, and they must also clear the NEET entrance exam.
Q. What are the popular specializations offered in MD/MS courses in Delhi?
A: Some of the popular specializations in MD/MS courses offered in Delhi include Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, and Anesthesiology.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course in Delhi?
A: The MBBS course in Delhi is typically of 5.5 years, which includes a one-year internship.
Q. What is the approximate fee structure for medical colleges in Delhi?
A: The fee structure for medical colleges in Delhi varies depending on the institution and course. For government medical colleges, the fee is relatively lower, while for private colleges, the fee is higher. The approximate fee for the MBBS course in Delhi ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 20 lakhs per annum.
Q. Are there any reservation criteria for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
A: Yes, there are reservation criteria for admission into medical colleges in Delhi as per the government norms. A certain percentage of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, and Persons with Disabilities.
Q. Can international students apply for admission into medical colleges in Delhi?
A: Yes, international students can apply for admission into medical colleges in Delhi. However, they must clear the NEET entrance exam and meet the eligibility criteria set by the institution and the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Q. Are there any reserved seats for students from economically weaker sections in medical colleges in Delhi?
Ans: Yes, the Government of India has introduced a 10% reservation for students from economically weaker sections (EWS) in all government and private medical colleges in India, including those in Delhi.
Q. Are there any scholarships available for students studying in medical colleges in Delhi?
Ans: Yes, there are various scholarships available for meritorious and economically weaker students studying in medical colleges in Delhi. Some of the popular scholarships include the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students, the Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Minority Students, and the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship.
Q. What are the job opportunities available after completing a medical course from a college in Delhi?
Ans: There are several job opportunities available for medical graduates in Delhi. They can work as doctors in government or private hospitals, set up their own clinics, work in research institutions, or pursue higher education in medical specializations.