University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) is a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi (DU) that was founded in 1971. It is also affiliated with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, which offers a variety of medical and paramedical courses and serves as a teaching hospital. The college is also has recognition from the National Medical Commission.
Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, which has over 1000 beds, is the affiliated teaching hospital. Known for its high-quality research; ranks seventh in the country in terms of the number of publications in PubMed-indexed journals.
Meritorious/Eminent Faculty on UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, ICMR, NACO, DST, and CSIR expert groups.
Provide health-care services to the East Delhi community and surrounding border areas. Students excel in curricular and extracurricular activities at this college.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Faculty And Staff
- 5 Course Offered and Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
- 10 Counselling Registration
- 11 Counselling Registration Fees
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Documents Required
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Eligibility Criteria
- 16 NEET UG Cut-off 2023
- 17 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 18 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 19 University College of Medical Sciences Cut-off 2023 (AIQ Quota)
- 20 Contact Details
- 21 Ranking & Reputation
- 22 NEET College Predictors
- 23 NEET Rank Predictors
- 24 Expert Admission Consultants
- 25 FAQ
- 25.1 What is the official website for University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
- 25.2 Is Ucms Delhi a good med college?
- 25.3 How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
- 25.4 What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
- 25.5 Which university is affiliated with University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
- 25.6 Is University College Of Medical Science Delhi a govt. or private medical college?
- 25.7 When was University College Of Medical Science Delhi launched?
- 25.8 Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
|Name of Institute||University College of Medical Sciences|
|Popular Name||UCMS Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1971|
|Affiliated to||University Of Delhi|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Courses||NEET PG Exam 2023|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Delhi|
|Contact||Address: Dilshad Garden Delhi – 110095|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: University Of Delhi
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Facilities:
- Lecture Halls: UCMS has well-equipped lecture halls where students attend classes and lectures.
- Library: The institution has a comprehensive library with a vast collection of medical books, journals, and online resources to support research and learning.
- Laboratories: UCMS has modern laboratories for various medical and scientific research purposes.
- Auditorium: An auditorium is available for seminars, conferences, and cultural events.
- Medical Facilities:
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital: UCMS is closely associated with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, which provides a wide range of medical services to the public. The hospital serves as a major teaching hospital for the college.
- Hostel and Accommodation:
- UCMS provides hostel facilities for its students. These hostels offer a safe and convenient place for students to stay while pursuing their medical education.
- Recreation and Sports:
- The college campus may have recreational facilities like sports grounds and a gymnasium to promote physical well-being among students.
- Cafeteria and Dining:
- There are usually cafeteria and dining facilities on campus where students and staff can have meals and refreshments.
- Medical Research and Laboratories:
- The college may have state-of-the-art research facilities and laboratories for students and faculty to engage in medical research and experimentation.
- Medical Equipment and Technology:
- UCMS is expected to have access to modern medical equipment and technology to support teaching, research, and patient care.
- Clinical Departments:
- Various clinical departments are part of the institution, including Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radiology, and more. These departments are equipped with the necessary infrastructure to provide clinical training to medical students.
- Student Services:
- UCMS typically offers student services such as counseling, career guidance, and academic support to ensure the well-being and success of its students.
Faculty And Staff
- Teaching Faculty:
- Professors: Senior faculty members with extensive expertise in their respective medical fields. They often lead departments, contribute to research, and engage in teaching.
- Associate Professors: Faculty members with substantial teaching and research experience, assisting in academic and administrative responsibilities.
- Assistant Professors: Junior faculty members who contribute to teaching and research activities under the guidance of senior professors.
- Clinical Faculty:
- Medical Practitioners: Clinical departments at UCMS often have medical practitioners who actively participate in patient care, clinical teaching, and medical research.
- Specialists: Faculty members who specialize in various medical disciplines, such as surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and more.
- Non-Teaching Staff:
- Administrative Staff: Professionals responsible for managing the college’s day-to-day administrative operations, including admissions, financial matters, and general administration.
- Support Staff: Individuals who provide essential services such as maintenance, security, and clerical support.
- Research Scholars and Fellows:
- Research scholars pursuing postgraduate and doctoral studies often contribute to ongoing research projects under the guidance of faculty members.
- Technical and Laboratory Staff:
- Professionals who manage and maintain the laboratories and equipment necessary for medical research and experimentation.
- Clinical Support Staff:
- Nurses, technicians, and other healthcare professionals who assist in patient care and clinical training.
- Experts who manage the medical library and provide research assistance to students and faculty.
- Counselors and Career Advisors:
- Professionals who offer guidance and counseling services to students on academic and career-related matters.
- Guest Lecturers and Visiting Faculty:
- Experts from various fields of medicine and allied sciences may be invited as guest lecturers or visiting faculty members to enhance the educational experience.
- Hospital Staff:
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, closely associated with UCMS, employs a significant number of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, and administrative staff.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
University College of Medical Sciences offers Medical course as:
|MBBS||4 .6 years + 1 year compulsory internships||170|
|MD in Anatomy||3 years||7|
|MD PHYSIOLOGY||3 years||7|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||3 years||2|
|MD PHARMACOLOGY||3 years||8|
|MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE||3 years||9|
|MD PATHOLOGY||3 years||14|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||3 years||7|
|MD MICROBIOLOGY||3 years||7|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||3 years||15|
|MD RADIODIAGNOSIS||3 years||11|
|MD PAEDIATRICS||3 years||15|
|MD ANAESTHESIOLOGY||3 years||23|
|MD DERMATOLOGY||3 years||4|
|MS ENT||3 years||4|
|MS ORTHOPAEDICS||3 years||9|
|MS OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||3 years||12|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||3 years||`6|
|MS OPHTHALMOLOGY||3 years||5|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Year / Duration||Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Internship Fee|
|Year 1 (Including Admission)||Rs. 30,750||Rs. 25,000|
|Year 2 and Subsequent Years||Rs. 25,750||–|
|Total (Including Internship)||–||Rs. 25,000 (One-time)|
For PG Courses
|MD/MS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
Step 1: Access the Registration Portal
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Medical Sciences: www.fmsc.ac.in.
- Look for the “UG (MBBS/BDS) Admission” section under “Course Updates” and click on the online registration link (which will be provided later).
Step 2: Create Login Details
- If you are a first-time user, create your login details.
- On the “Confirm your Information” page, provide your NEET-UG-2023 Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Click “View” to verify your details. If correct, click “Confirm” to proceed.
Step 3: Provide Contact Information
- Enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID for future communication regarding admission.
Step 4: Set a Password
- Create a password (maximum six characters) for online registration (not your email account password).
- This password will be used to access your account throughout the admission process.
Step 5: Log In and Fill the Registration Form
- Log in using your registered email ID and the created password.
- Fill out the online registration form with accurate details. Be careful as no changes can be made later.
Step 6: Upload Documents
- Upload the following documents where required:
- Passport size photograph (120×130, jpg format, size up to 150KB)
- Scanned signature (200×50, jpg format, size up to 100KB)
- Self-attested copy of NEET-UG-2023 Admit Card (PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Person with Disability (PwBd) certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of OBC Certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for the financial year 2023-2024, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of EWS certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Allotment Letter issued by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Step 7: Make Payment
- Once all required documents are uploaded, proceed to make the online registration fee payment.
Step 10: Complete Registration
- After successful payment, your registration process is complete.
- No changes, additions, or deletions can be made after payment, so double-check your details.
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Online Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)|
|SC/ST and Person with Disabilities (PwBD)||Rs. 1000|
|All other categories (Unreserved, OBC/EWS etc.)||Rs. 1500|
Step 2: Online Registration
- Visit the official counseling website.
- Create a login ID and password if you are a first-time user.
- Log in to the portal using your credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses.
- Arrange them in your order of preference.
- Save and lock your choices when satisfied.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Present all required original documents and photocopies.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on your choices and merit, you’ll be allotted a seat.
- Check your allotment status on the official website.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
- Pay the required admission fees within the specified timeframe.
- Verify the payment status on the portal.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Visit the college where you’ve been allotted a seat.
- Complete the admission formalities and submit necessary documents.
Step 8: Upgradation (if applicable)
- If you wish to upgrade your allotted seat, follow the prescribed procedure.
- Check the updated seat allotment.
Step 9: Final Admission
- After seat upgradation, if any, complete the admission process at the newly allotted college.
- Pay the remaining fees if applicable.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Attend the commencement of classes at your allotted college.
- Start your academic journey in the chosen course
- NEET result 2023
- NEET 2023 admit card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs 1,000
- Self-attested copies of:
- Aadhaar card
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
- Father’s SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Character certificate issued by the principal of the school last attended
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate, if applicable
- OCI Card for Overseas Citizens of India
- The following certificates from the school will be required:
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- School is recognised by CBSE/COISC/Jamia Millia Islamia
- School is conducting regular classes
- A candidate who has conducted regular classes for Class 11 and Class 12
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Residence Requirement in Delhi (State Quota Seats)||Candidates should be bonafide residents of Delhi.|
The candidate or their parents must produce a Delhi Residence Certificate as per government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV, or any modifications issued by the competent authority from time to time.
|Eligibility for Management Category (All India)||For Management Category seats, candidates from all over India are eligible, irrespective of their state of domicile and place of study.|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria for All Categories||All candidates, including General/SC/SC(Deprived)/BC-A/BC-B/Benchmark disabilities/EWS/ESM/FF, must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, qualifications, and qualifying criteria as prescribed in the information bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) issued by NTA for the Academic year 2023-24.|
Candidates must score at least the minimum eligibility marks specified in the NEET UG-2023 Information Bulletin to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET UG Cut-off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
University College of Medical Sciences Cut-off 2023 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
University College Of Medical Science Delhi
- Address: Dilshad Garden Delhi – 110095
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: https://www.ucms.ac.in
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||University College Of medical science Delhi (UCMS Delhi)|
|All India Rank||30|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
What is the official website for University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
The official website for University College Of Medical Science Delhi https://www.ucms.ac.in
Is Ucms Delhi a good med college?
By India today, UCMS was ranked 10th among medical colleges in India in 2020. In 2020, the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it 19th among med colleges.
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
There are 170 seats available in which 22 seats (AIQ), 144 seats (State quota) & 4 seats (Central pool quota) for MBBS students at University College Of Medical Science Delhi.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the University College Of Medical Science Delhi
Which university is affiliated with University College Of Medical Science Delhi?
The college is affiliated with University of Delhi.
Is University College Of Medical Science Delhi a govt. or private medical college?
University College Of Medical Science Delhi is a government medical college .
When was University College Of Medical Science Delhi launched?
University College Of Medical Science Delhi was launched in the year of 1971
Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
NEET-PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes at various universities and institutions across the country. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical schools in India must take the NEET-PG exam.