St. Johns Medical College Bangalore is a well-known institute in Karnataka. The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India established the college in 1963 with the goal of training healthcare practitioners devoted to assisting the needy of community around region. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and also has recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The college provides courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and super-specialty levels in a range of medical and allied health areas. Courses include MBBS, MD, and MS. The college’s campus is well-equipped with modern amenities and cutting-edge architecture.
St. John’s Medical College encourages students to do research in a range of medical sciences fields by providing opportunities for them to do so. The institution’s specialised research centre, the St. John’s Research Institute, carries out research in a number of areas related to medicine and allied health sciences.
The institution provides sporting facilities as well as chances for students to participate in various sports. Research is conducted in a range of areas related to medicine and allied health sciences at the institution’s specialised research centre, the St. John’s Research Institute.
|Name of Institute||St. Johns Medical College Bangalore|
|Popular Name||SJMC, Bangalore|
|Year of Establishment||1963|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Sarjapur – Marathahalli Rd, beside Bank Of Baroda, John Nagar, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Private
St. John’s Medical College boasts cutting-edge facilities that enable students and staff members with a comfortable and conducive learning and working environment. Some of the facilities offered by the college are:
- Library: The college library is well-stocked, with a large variety of books, periodicals, and online resources available to students and faculty members. There is also a reading area in the library where students may study and connect to the internet.
- Hostel: The college has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with all necessary amenities, including 24-hour security, Wi-Fi, mess, and recreation facilities.
- Hospital: St. John’s Medical College has a hospital attached to it, St. John’s Medical College Hospital, which provides medical services to patients.The hospital’s departments include General Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, and Radiology.
- Sports facilities: The college has a well-equipped sports center with facilities for various indoor and outdoor games like basketball, volleyball, cricket, and badminton. The college encourages students to participate in various sports activities.
- Research center: St. John’s Medical College has a dedicated research center, the St. John’s Research Institute, which conducts research in various fields of medical and allied health sciences.
- Lecture halls and classrooms: The college has spacious lecture halls and classrooms with modern audio-visual aids for effective teaching and learning.
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria that serves healthy and nutritious food to students and faculty members.
- Transportation: The college provides transportation facilities for students and faculty members to commute to and from the campus.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Emergency Medicine
Faculty and Staff
- The professors and staff at St. John’s Medical College are highly trained and experienced professionals who are committed to providing high-quality education, training, and healthcare services. The college’s faculty members are specialists in their professions and are actively involved in research and publishing. Professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers are among the faculty members.
- The college also includes a dedicated team of non-teaching professionals, including administrative, technical, nursing, and support employees, who work together to ensure the college and hospital run well.
- St. John’s Medical College’s teachers and staff are dedicated to providing students with a complete education that stresses academic success, ethical values, and social responsibility. They also deliver high-quality treatment to patients while showing compassion and understanding.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||5|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||15|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||5|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||4|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||3|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||5|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||4|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||6|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine||3 Years||8|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||8|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||14|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||8|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||10|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||9|
|MD – Radiotherapy||3 Years||2|
|MD – Family Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MD – Transfusion Medicine||3 Years||1|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||3|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||3 Years||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 Years||1|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,11,953/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 6,16,220/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 11,950/-|
For PG courses
|MD – Psychiatry||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Physiology||Rs. 2,80,020/-|
|MD – Pharmacology||Rs. 5,78,020/-|
|MD – Microbiology||Rs. 4,28,020/-|
|MD – General Medicine||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||Rs. 12,10,020/-|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||Rs. 2,80,020/-|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MS – General Surgery||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||Rs. 2,80,020/-|
|MS – Orthopaedics||Rs. 12,10,020/-|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine||Rs. 7,79,670/-|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Rs. 5,78,020/-|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Pathology||Rs. 7,79,670/-|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||Rs. 12,10,020/-|
|MD – Paediatrics||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Radiotherapy||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Family Medicine||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Transfusion Medicine||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MS – ENT||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||Rs. 5,78,020/-|
|MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||Rs. 10,60,020/-|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||Rs. 2,80,020/-|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Address: Sarjapur – Marathahalli Rd, beside Bank Of Baroda, John Nagar, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://www.stjohns.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is St. Johns Medical College located?
A: St. Johns Medical College is located in Bangalore, India. The exact address is Sarjapur Road, John Nagar, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034.
Q: What courses does St. Johns Medical College offer?
A: St. Johns Medical College offers undergraduate (MBBS), postgraduate (MD/MS), and super-specialty courses (DM/M.Ch.) in various medical disciplines. It also offers diploma courses in nursing, medical laboratory technology, and other allied health sciences.
Q: Is St. Johns Medical College affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, St. Johns Medical College is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore.
Q: What is the admission process for MBBS at St. Johns Medical College?
A: The admission process for MBBS at St. Johns Medical College is based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology (taken together) and have qualified in NEET.
Q: What is the admission process for MD/MS at St. Johns Medical College?
A: The admission process for MD/MS at St. Johns Medical College is based on the NEET-PG entrance exam conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). Candidates must have a recognized MBBS degree and have qualified in NEET-PG.
Q: Does St. Johns Medical College have a hostel facility?
A: Yes, St. Johns Medical College has separate hostel facilities for men and women. The hostel rooms are well-furnished and have all basic amenities. The hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food.
Q: What are the research facilities available at St. Johns Medical College?
A: St. Johns Medical College has state-of-the-art research facilities, including research laboratories, animal house, imaging facilities, and a clinical research center. The college also encourages and supports research activities of its faculty and students.
Q: Does St. Johns Medical College have a hospital attached to it?
A: Yes, St. Johns Medical College has a 1200-bedded hospital attached to it, known as St. Johns Medical College Hospital. The hospital is a tertiary care center that provides medical care in various specialties, including cardiology, neurology, nephrology, oncology, gastroenterology, and many others. The hospital is equipped with modern facilities and technology and has a team of experienced doctors and healthcare professionals.
Q: What are the extracurricular activities available at St. Johns Medical College?
A: St. Johns Medical College has a vibrant campus life and offers various extracurricular activities to its students. These activities include sports, cultural events, music and dance competitions, literary clubs, and social service initiatives. The college has several student clubs and organizations that provide opportunities for students to showcase their talents and skills.