Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Wardha is a premier medical institution located in Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha, Maharashtra. Established in 1990 to impart quality medical education and train students to become competent medical professionals and encourage research in various disciplines of medicine, and contribute to the scientific community. The college is affiliated with the Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education & Research (Declared as Deemed to be University and also has received recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The university provides undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programs in a number of medical specialties. The college has a number of departments, including those for psychiatry, forensic medicine, community medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, surgery, medicine, radiology, anesthesia, dermatology, ophthalmology, and ENT.
Research and development are prioritized at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, and both faculty members and students are encouraged to participate in research activities. The college has several research projects underway in various medical specialties and has collaborations with national and international institutions to promote knowledge sharing and research excellence.
JNMC’s vision is to be a center of excellence in medical education, research, and healthcare delivery. The college aims to provide quality medical education that is in line with global standards, conduct innovative research that benefits society, and deliver patient care that is compassionate and ethical. The college also promotes community outreach programs to create awareness about healthcare issues and provide healthcare services to the underserved communities.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty And Staff
- 6 Courses and Syllabus
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Contact Details
- 11 Ranking & Reputation
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 13 Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 14 NEET College Predictors
- 15 NEET Rank Predictors
- 16 Expert Admission Consultants
- 17 MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
- 18 Documents Required
- 19 Frequently Asked Questions
- 19.1 Q. What is the admission process for MBBS at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- 19.2 Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- 19.3 Q. What are the facilities available for students at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- 19.4 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS program at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- 19.5 Q. What are the job prospects after completing the MBBS program at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- 19.6 Q. Does Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College provide internship opportunities for medical students?
- 19.7 Q. What are the research facilities available at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha?
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Wardha|
|Popular Name||JNMC, Wardha|
|Year of Establishment||1990|
|Institute Category||Deemed University|
|Affiliated to||Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education & Research (Declared as Deemed to be University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha-442107 (Maharashtra) Wardha|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education & Research (Declared as Deemed to be University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
A variety of facilities are available at Jawarharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC), Sawangi (Meghe), and Wardha, to meet the academic and extracurricular requirements of the students. The following are a few of the facilities at JNMC:
- Library: The college has a sizable collection of books, journals, and online resources in a variety of medical specialties.
- Laboratories: JNMC has state-of-the-art laboratories to support the hands-on instruction of students in a range of disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, and pharmacology.
- Hospital: The college is home to a high-quality hospital with 1300 beds that serves the local population. Modern facilities are available at the hospital, which also has a number of departments including those for medicine, surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, ophthalmology, ENT, and dermatology.
- Hostels: JNMC has separate dorms for boys and girls, each with Wi-Fi, a dining hall, a recreation area, and security.
- Sports: The college has a complex for both indoor and outdoor games like cricket, badminton, basketball, volleyball, and table tennis.
- Auditorium: JNMC has an auditorium with a 1000-person seating capacity and audiovisual amenities for holding seminars, workshops, and cultural events.
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria where students, faculty, and staff can get clean, wholesome food.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
Faculty And Staff
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC) in Wardha, Maharashtra, is one of the premier medical institutions in India. It is affiliated with Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University). JNMC boasts a distinguished faculty and dedicated staff who play a vital role in shaping the institution’s academic excellence and providing quality healthcare services.
The faculty at JNMC comprises highly qualified and experienced professionals who are experts in their respective medical fields. They are committed to imparting comprehensive medical education and research guidance to the students. The faculty includes professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers in various medical disciplines.
- Professors: Professors are senior faculty members who have extensive experience and expertise in their specialties. They play a crucial role in developing the curriculum, conducting research, and providing mentorship to students.
- Associate Professors: Associate professors are experienced faculty members who actively engage in teaching, research, and clinical practice. They assist the professors in academic and administrative responsibilities.
- Assistant Professors: Assistant professors are early-career academics who contribute to teaching, research, and patient care. They play a pivotal role in guiding and supervising students.
- Lecturers: Lecturers are faculty members responsible for conducting lectures, laboratory sessions, and tutorials for the students. They provide essential support to the department’s academic activities.
The faculty at JNMC is known for its research contributions, and many professors and associate professors are involved in research projects and publications in reputed medical journals.
In addition to the teaching faculty, JNMC has a dedicated team of administrative and support staff who ensure the smooth functioning of the college. The staff members handle various administrative tasks, manage student affairs, assist in admissions and examinations, and maintain the campus facilities.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff oversees the day-to-day operations of the college, including managing records, coordinating events, and handling correspondence.
- Clinical Staff: The clinical staff includes doctors, nurses, and technicians who work in the associated teaching hospital. They provide medical care to patients, support medical education, and assist in research activities.
- Non-Teaching Staff: Non-teaching staff members are essential for various support services, including library management, maintenance, security, and more.
The combined efforts of the faculty and staff at JNMC contribute to creating a conducive learning environment and maintaining the high standards of education and healthcare services for which the institution is renowned.
Since information may change over time, it is always recommended to visit the official website of JNMC or contact the college authorities directly for the most up-to-date information about the faculty and staff at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha.
Courses and Syllabus
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Post-graduate Courses
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||24|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||13|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||24|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||18|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||12|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||5|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||2|
|MD Community Medicine||3 Years||5|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||6|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||6|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||1|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||4|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||5|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||15|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||12|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||15|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||8|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases||3 Years||5|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||3 Years||3|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
For PG Courses
|MS – General Surgery||Rs. 31,70,000/-|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||Rs. 37,85,000/-|
|MD – General Medicine||Rs. 31,70,000/-|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||Rs. 19,50,000/-|
|MD – Paediatrics||Rs. 31,70,000/-|
|MD – Psychiatry||Rs. 22,75,000/-|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MD Community Medicine||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MD – Microbiology||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MD – Pharmacology||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MD – Physiology||Rs. 2,25,000/-|
|MS – ENT||Rs. 19,50,000/-|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Rs. 34,85,000/-|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||Rs. 37,85,000/-|
|MS – Orthopaedics||Rs. 34,85,000/-|
|MD – Pathology||Rs. 13,50,000/-|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||Rs. 29,35,000/-|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases||Rs. 29,35,000/-|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||Rs. 13,50,000/-|
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha
- Address: Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha-442107 (Maharashtra) Wardha
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
- Website: https://www.dmiher.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha|
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we’ve have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can make a difference in your medical education journey;
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
- for All India Quota
- For admission to AIIMS
- For DU & IP Internal Quota
- For Armed Forces Medical College Pune
- Central University
- For ESI Quota
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be conducting the counseling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges, and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER, Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and an additional Round known as the Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl: district magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the candidate’s name (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the admission process for MBBS at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. Admission to the MBBS program is based on the NEET-UG examination. Candidates must score a minimum of 50th percentile to be eligible for admission.
Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. The college has a well-equipped research center and offers research opportunities for students and faculty members in various fields of medical sciences. There are also various research projects funded by government agencies and private organizations.
Q. What are the facilities available for students at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. The college provides various facilities such as hostel accommodation, sports facilities, library, laboratory, medical facilities, and recreational facilities for the students.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS program at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. The duration of the MBBS program is 5.5 years, including a compulsory one-year internship.
Q. What are the job prospects after completing the MBBS program at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. After completing the MBBS program, students can pursue further studies or take up various job opportunities in government or private hospitals, research institutes, NGOs, or start their own practice as a medical professional.
Q. Does Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College provide internship opportunities for medical students?
Ans: Yes, the college provides a one-year compulsory rotating internship for MBBS students, during which they gain practical experience in various clinical departments.
Q. What are the research facilities available at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College has a research and development department with facilities for research in various medical fields. The college also has collaborations with various national and international institutions for research and academic exchange programs.