Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Kochi was founded in 2002, with the goal of providing students with the best learning environment possible. The college has received high academic recognition from students, the community, and the educational fraternity as an institution that provides not only world-class training but also a positive outlook on life. The college is affiliated with Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham and has recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college integrates cutting-edge educational facilities that adhere to international standards, fusing modern technology with fundamental human values. The college building houses a central library with excellent furnishings and a superb collection of the most recent editions of international and Indian medical books and journals, along with laboratories, lecture halls, and other classrooms. Additionally, it offers electronic access to numerous databases for science and medicine, both domestically and abroad. An anatomy museum has been established, equipped with the most up-to-date teaching tools and intricate models illustrating the various body parts.
The college has taken on the mission of providing education for life, with a focus on compassion-driven research, with the vision of becoming an exceptional institution that flourishes on its dedication to the pivotal role of value-based education, offering the encouragement to create the vastness to harmonize both scientific knowledges as well as spiritual understanding, so as to utilize knowledge for the benefit to society and make a contribution to a prosperous and sustainable future for everyone.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 5 Internship Structure
- 6 MBBS Course Fees Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 9 NEET UG Cut Off
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
- 11 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 12 Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences– Cut Off 2022 for Deemed Univeristy (State Quota)
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 NEET College Predictors
- 19 NEET Rank Predictors
- 20 Expert Admission Consultants
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22 Q. What courses are offered at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 23 Q. Is Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 24 Q. Does the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences have a hostel facility for students?
- 25 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 26 Q. How are the faculty and teaching facilities at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 27 Q. Does the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences provide placement assistance to students?
- 28 Q. What amenities are offered by the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 29 Q. When Was the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences established?
- 30 . What is the location of the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 31 . What is official website of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
|Name of Institute||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Kochi|
|Popular Name||AIMS, Kerala|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in kerala|
|Contact||Address: Amrita Vishwa VidyapeethamAIMS Ponekkara P. O., Kochi, Kerala – 682 041, India|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Private
- Examination Hall
- Lecture Theatres
- Common Room for Boys & Girls
- Residential Quarters
- Recreational Facilities
- Laboratories and demonstration rooms
- Teaching Hospital
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD ANATOMY||3 years||2|
|MD PHYSIOLOGY||3 years||2|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||3 years||2|
|MD PHARMACOLOGY||3 years||2|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||3 years||2|
|MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE||3 years||5|
|MD MICROBIOLOGY||3 years||2|
|MD PATHOLOGY||3 years||8|
|MD EMERGENCY MEDICINE||3 years||5|
|MD PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION||3 years||2|
|MD ANAESTHESIOLOGY||3 years||16|
|MD PSYCHIATRY||3 years||4|
|MD GERIATRICS||3 years||1|
|MD RADIATION ONCOLOGY||3 years||3|
|MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE||3 years||3|
|MD NUCLEAR MEDICINE||3 years||2|
|MD PAEDIATRICS||3 years||4|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||3 years||5|
|MD DERMATOLOGY||3 years||2|
|MD PALLIATIVE MEDICINE||3 years||2|
|MS OPTHALMOLOGY||3 years||5|
|MS OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY (ENT)||3 years||4|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||3 years||5|
|MS OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||3 years||4|
|MS ORTHOPAEDICS||3 years||4|
|MD RADIO DIAGNOSIS||3 years||6|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
|General Category Tuition Fees per year (in INR)||NRI Category Tuition Fees per year (in USD)||First Year Other Fees General and NRI (in INR)||First Year Hostel & Mess Fee|
|General Category (in INR)||NRI Category (in USD)|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|COURSE||NRI SEATS||ANNUAL TUITION FEES||ANNUAL NRI TUITION FEES||FIRST YEAR OTHER FEES||HOSTEL FEES|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||–||6,60,000||–|
|MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE||–||8,00,000||–|
|MD EMERGENCY MEDICINE||–||16,00,000||–|
|MD PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION||–||16,00,000||–|
|MD RADIATION ONCOLOGY||–||20,00,000||–|
|MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE||–||20,00,000||–|
|MD NUCLEAR MEDICINE||–||21,00,000||–|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||3||30,00,000||80,000|
|MD PALLIATIVE MEDICINE||–||14,00,000||–|
|MS OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY (ENT)||–||25,00,000||–||1,40,600|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||1||27,00,000||75,000||1,10,600|
|MS OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||1||27,00,000||80,000|
|MD RADIO DIAGNOSIS||4||35,00,000||80,000|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Entrance Exam||NEET Exam|
|Nativity||Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. OCI cardholders can apply for Non-Resident Indian or supernumerary seats, but not for seats reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.|
|Keralite||Candidates of Kerala origin are categorized as Keralite.|
Children of AIS officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are also considered Keralites but are not eligible for reservations or fee concessions.
|Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)||A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfills any one of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ (NK I):|
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Is not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of his/her study.
Is not of Kerala origin but has undergone school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
|Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)||Candidates who do not fall under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II).|
NK II candidates are not eligible for admission to Medical/Dental courses in Government colleges.
|Special Cases||Fifteen percent of the seats for MBBS & BDS Courses in Self-Financing colleges in Kerala are set apart for candidates irrespective of their domicile based on the NEET-UG 2023 rank list prepared by the Commissioner for the Entrance Examinations.|
NK II candidates are not eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
|Nominees and All India Quota||Special provisions apply to candidates nominated by the Government of India, candidates from the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Administration, Jammu & Kashmir, and candidates selected through All India quota seats for MBBS/BDS courses.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Academic Qualification||Applicants should possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by NMC (MCI).|
|The MBBS qualification must be registered permanently or provisionally with NMC (MCI) or State Medical Council.|
|Candidates should have completed one year of internship or be likely to complete it on or before 11/08/2023.|
|Admission is granted after obtaining registration with the T.C. Medical Council.|
|Nativity||Indian Citizens of Kerala Origin|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for NRI seats (not eligible for general merit seats or other reservations other than NRI quota)|
|Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents with an MBBS degree from a Kerala Medical College (not eligible for Communal/Special/PD reservation benefits)|
|All candidates should execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year as per clause 11 of the prospectus.|
|Age||No upper age limit for admission to PG Medical Courses-2023 (with exceptions specified below).|
|Medical Education Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 49 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Health Service Quota and Insurance Medical Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 47 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Qualifying Criteria||All candidates must qualify the NEET PG-2023 conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi.|
|Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50th percentile in the NEET PG Medical 2023.|
|For SC, ST, SEBC, SC-PwD (PD), ST-PwD (PD), and SEBC-PwD (PD), and service quota candidates under these categories, the minimum marks are at the 40th percentile.|
|For General (UR) – PwD (PD) and EWS (EW)–PwD (PD) candidates, the minimum marks are at the 45th percentile.|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences– Cut Off 2022 for Deemed Univeristy (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Address: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, AIMS Ponekkara P. O., Kochi, Kerala – 682 041, India
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.amrita.edu/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Undergraduate and Post-graduate medical courses are offered by the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. The programs covered in the courses include programs in medical technology, nursing administration, and MBBS.
Q. Is Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
A. Yes, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has approved the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.
Q. Does the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences have a hostel facility for students?
A. Yes, both boys and girls can stay in hostels at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. The hostels come with all the amenities required, such as kitchens, exercise rooms, and 24-hour security.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Candidates can apply for MBBS admission at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences if they have completed the 10+2 program with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as required subjects and a minimum of 50% overall. Students also need to meet NEET-UG requirements.
Q. How are the faculty and teaching facilities at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The faculty at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is made up of a group of individuals with excellent credentials and extensive teaching experience. The institute has state-of-the-art teaching facilities, including labs, lecture halls, and classrooms with multimedia.
Q. Does the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences provide placement assistance to students?
A. The Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences helps students find employment. A dedicated placement cell at the college assists students in finding employment opportunities at reputable hospitals and medical facilities across the nation.
Q. What amenities are offered by the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Modern facilities at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences include fully functional labs, lecture halls, auditoriums, libraries, digital classrooms, and hostel facilities for both boys and girls. In addition, the institute has a gym, a canteen, and a sports complex.
Q. When Was the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences established?
A. The Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 2002.
. What is the location of the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The location of the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham AIMS Ponekkara P. O., Kochi, Kerala – 682 041, India
. What is official website of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The official website for the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is https://mmimsr.mmumullana.org/