Mysore Medical College & Research Institute Mysore also known as Government Medical College, Mysore, is one of India’s oldest medical schools. It is situated in the heart of Mysore, close to the railway station. Sri Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV founded it in 1924, making it the first medical college in Karnataka and the seventh in India. The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Jayanagar, Bangalore, is affiliated with the college.
Mysore Medical College was founded by Sri Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV. Because there were no medical institutions in the former state of Mysore, a scheme for medical education was launched in 1881, in which carefully selected students were given scholarships and sent to places like Madras and Bombay to undergo training before returning to work as “Hospital Assistants.”
Following the Madras Presidency’s refusal to admit Mysore State students, the Government of Mysore sanctioned another scheme in April 1917, including the establishment of a “Mysore Medical School” in Bangalore to train “Sub Assistant Surgeons.” To become a Licensed Medical Practitioner, trainees had to complete a four-year programme (LMP). The “Mysore Medical School” was renamed “Mysore Medical College” in 1924.
The college became affiliated with the University of Mysore, and the trainees received medical degrees. Mysore Medical College was the state’s first medical school and only the 7th in India at the time. In 1930, the College was relocated from Bangalore to Mysore at the request and insistence of Sri Krishnadevaraja Wodiyar.
Sri Krishnadevaraja Wodiyar laid the foundation stone in 1930, and the main building was built by Boraiah Basavaiah & Sons, a well-known Mysore contractor. It was expanded further in 1940.
|Name of Institute||Mysore Medical College & Research Institute Mysore|
|Popular Name||MMC, Mysore, Mysore Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||1924|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Karnataka Education Authority|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Irwin Road, Mysore, Karnataka|
Email: Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Govt.
Facilities and Infrastructure
Mysore Medical College & Research Institute Mysore is a prestigious medical institution in Mysore, Karnataka, known for its commitment to delivering high-quality healthcare education and services. The institution boasts an impressive infrastructure and a wide range of facilities that are pivotal in shaping the educational and healthcare experiences of its students, faculty, and patients. Here’s an overview of the facilities and infrastructure at MMC&RI:
- Lecture Halls: MMC&RI offers modern lecture halls equipped with advanced audio-visual aids to enhance teaching and learning.
- Library: The institution’s library is a valuable resource, housing a vast collection of medical literature, journals, and research materials. It provides a conducive environment for students and researchers to study and access essential medical resources.
- Laboratories: MMC&RI provides well-maintained and fully equipped laboratories for various medical disciplines, including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and more. These labs enable students to gain practical experience and conduct research.
- Auditorium: The institution has a spacious auditorium used for conferences, seminars, and cultural events, offering a platform for academic and extracurricular activities.
- Teaching Hospital: MMC&RI operates a teaching hospital that offers comprehensive healthcare services to the community. The hospital encompasses various departments such as General Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and more.
- Specialized Units: The hospital is equipped with specialized units, including Intensive Care Units (ICUs), Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU), and Cardiac Care Units (CCU), ensuring the provision of critical care services.
- Diagnostic Services: MMC&RI provides modern diagnostic facilities, including radiology, pathology, and imaging services, ensuring precise diagnosis and treatment.
Infrastructure and Campus Facilities:
- Hostel Accommodations: MMC&RI offers separate hostel facilities for both male and female students. These hostels are equipped with essential amenities, providing a comfortable living environment.
- Cafeteria: The institution features a cafeteria that serves a variety of nutritious meals and snacks, catering to the dietary needs of students, staff, and patients.
- Sports and Recreation: The campus includes sports grounds and a gymnasium, promoting physical fitness and well-being among students and staff.
- Transportation Services: MMC&RI provides transportation services for the convenience of students and staff, ensuring easy access to the campus and hospital.
- Security Measures: The campus is secured with round-the-clock security personnel and surveillance systems to ensure the safety of all occupants.
- Research Facilities: MMC&RI encourages medical research and provides dedicated research facilities to support faculty and student research.
Faculty and Staff
- Professors: Esteemed and highly qualified educators who serve as academic department heads. They are responsible for the direction of research initiatives, overseeing academic programs, and providing guidance to students.
- Associate Professors and Assistant Professors: Faculty members who complement the professorial ranks, specializing in various medical disciplines. They play a pivotal role in imparting knowledge, conducting research, and offering mentorship to students.
- Clinical Instructors: Skilled educators tasked with the critical responsibility of delivering practical training to medical students during their clinical rotations. Their role ensures that students gain valuable hands-on experience in patient care.
- Administrative Staff: Diligent administrative professionals who manage a diverse array of institutional tasks. This includes overseeing admissions, maintaining meticulous records, managing scheduling, and ensuring the seamless operation of day-to-day institutional functions.
- Hospital Staff: A proficient and diverse healthcare team consisting of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, and support staff. They work collaboratively to provide exemplary healthcare services to patients.
- Librarians: Knowledgeable and dedicated librarians entrusted with the responsibility of curating and maintaining the institution’s medical library. They assist both students and faculty in accessing vital medical resources and managing a comprehensive collection of medical literature.
- Technical Staff: Expert technicians responsible for facilitating laboratory and research activities. They ensure that equipment is well-maintained, assist with experiments, and enforce rigorous safety protocols.
- Security Personnel: Vigilant security personnel tasked with the paramount duty of safeguarding the well-being and security of all individuals within the campus and hospital premises.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping: Devoted staff members committed to upholding cleanliness and safety standards across the campus, hostels, and hospital facilities.
- Counselors: Experienced counselors who provide both emotional and academic support to students. They assist in navigating the challenges inherent in medical education.
- Career Advisors: Advisors who provide strategic guidance to students, aiding them in making informed decisions regarding their medical specialties and offering insights into future career prospects.
- Research Coordinators: Proficient professionals who facilitate faculty and student research endeavors by assisting in research project planning and execution.
- IT and Technical Support: Technologically adept IT personnel who ensure the institution’s technical infrastructure remains current and operational. This support is integral for both online learning and administrative tasks.
Course Offered And Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
|For State Quota||Rs.59,850/-|
|For Management Quota||Rs. 67,050/-|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Mysore Medical College & Research Institute, Mysore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Mysore Medical College & Research Institute, Mysore Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Mysore Medical College & Research Institute Mysore
- Address: Irwin Road, Mysore, Karnataka
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: https://mmcri.karnataka.gov.in/english
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Mysore Medical College Mysore (MMC Mysore)|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the official website for Mysore Medical College?
A. The official website of Mysore Medical College is https://mmcri.karnataka.gov.in/english
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Mysore Medical College?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Mysore Medical College.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Mysore Medical College?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Mysore Medical College.
Q. Is Mysore Medical College a govt. or private medical college?
A. Mysore Medical College is a govt./ public medical college.
Q. What is the location of Mysore Medical College?
A. The address of Mysore Medical College is Irwin Road, Mysore, Karnataka.