KS Hedge Medical Academy Mangalore, which was founded in 1999, was admitted as a constituent college of Nitte (Deemed to be University) in 2009. The institution bears the name of its visionary founder, Late Justice K. S. Hegde, a former speaker of the Lok Sabha and judge of the Supreme Court of India.
The institution has advanced quickly towards being acknowledged as a medical school with high academic standards, providing top-notch healthcare with a focus on encouraging social responsibility in its students. In keeping with the goals and objectives of Nitte (Deemed to be University), K.S. Hegde Medical Academy works to develop knowledgeable, compassionate, and ethical professionals who are equipped to handle challenges in the future.
KSHEMA has been proactive in developing and implementing teaching-learning activities that provide the best opportunities for hands-on training for its students. The highlights of the Institution’s academic programmes include initiatives such as mentorship programmes, skill laboratories, integrated learning, e-learning resources, and objective assessment practices.
The institution is proud of its dedicated faculty and non-teaching staff who work hard to create an environment in which students can grow into competent professionals.
With the development of a state-of-the-art Central Research Laboratory, the Institution has demonstrated a commitment to developing an active research programme and has successfully garnered substantial support from external funding agencies.
The institution has collaborations and research links with international and national organisations such as Wake Forest University in the United States, the University of Toronto in Canada, the BARC Research Centre at Mangalore University in India, and the St. John’s Research Institute in India. Undergraduate and postgraduate students are both encouraged to participate in research activities.
|Name of Institute||KS Hedge Medical Academy Mangalore|
|Popular Name||KSHMA, Mangalore|
|Year of Establishment||1999|
|Affiliated to||NITTE (Deemed to be University)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Exam||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS,|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: P.O Deralakatte, Mangaluru – 575018|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: NITTE (Deemed to be University)
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Deemed
Course Offered and Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||9|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||16|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||9|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||8|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||6|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||8|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||6|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||12|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||17|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicinea||3 Years||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||5|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||5|
|MD Anatomy||3 Years||4|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||3|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years||5|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||5|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||5|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|nstallment||1st Installment (Rs.)||2nd Installment (Rs.)||3rd Installment (Rs.)||4th Installment (Rs.)||5th Installment (Rs.)||Total Course Fees (Rs.)|
|Amount||Rs. 16,80,000/-||Rs. 16,80,000/-||Rs. 16,80,000/-||Rs. 16,80,000/-||Rs. 8,40,000/-||Rs. 75,60,000/-|
For PG courses
|Program||Tuition Fee (I Year)||Univ Fee (I Year)||Exam Fee (I Year)||Total Fee (I Year)||Tuition Fee (II Year)||Exam Fee (II Year)||Tuition Fee (III Year)||Exam Fee (III Year)|
|MD (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)||10,000||8,000||—||18,000||10,000||—||10,000||19,000|
|MD (Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Microbiology)||1,90,000||8,000||—||1,98,000||1,90,000||—||1,90,000||19,000|
|MD (Psychiatry, Anaesthesiology)||19,80,000||8,000||—||19,88,000||19,80,000||—||19,80,000||19,000|
|MD (General Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine)||25,80,000||8,000||—||25,88,000||25,80,000||—||25,80,000||19,000|
|MD (Radiodiagnosis, Paediatrics, Dermatology)||29,80,000||8,000||—||29,88,000||29,80,000||—||29,80,000||19,000|
|MS (Ophthalmology, ENT, OB&G, General Surgery)||25,80,000||8,000||—||25,88,000||25,80,000||—||25,80,000||19,000|
|MSc (Clinical Embryology)||3,00,000||6,000||15,000||3,21,000||3,00,000||15,000||—||—|
|MDS (Orthodontics, Endodontics, Pedodontics, Prosthodontics, Oral Surgery)||10,00,000||8,000||7,000||10,15,000||10,00,000||7,000||10,00,000||7,000|
|MDS (Oral Medicine)||3,00,000||8,000||7,000||3,15,000||3,00,000||7,000||3,00,000||7,000|
|MDS (Oral Pathology)||2,00,000||8,000||7,000||2,15,000||2,00,000||7,000||2,00,000||7,000|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy Round|
KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
- Address: P.O Deralakatte, Mangaluru – 575018 Karnataka, India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: www.kshema.nitte.edu.in
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore|
|All India Ranking||07|
|Karnataka State Ranking||26|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the official website for KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore?
A. The official website of KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore is https://kshema.nitte.edu.in/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore.
Q. Is KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore a govt. or private medical college?
A. KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore is a deemed medical college.
Q. What is the location of KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore?
A. The address of KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore is P.O Deralakatte, Mangaluru – 575018 Karnataka, India.
Q. When was KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore Established ?
A. KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore was established in the year of 1999.
Q. Which university is affiliated with KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore?
A. KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore is affiliated with NITTE (Deemed to be University).