Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Jorhat, has emerged as a notable institution in the field of medical education and healthcare. Established in 2010, this institution has quickly gained recognition for its dedication to excellence in medical training, research, and healthcare services. It is affiliated with Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences, further bolstering its credentials in the medical education landscape.
This modern institution holds recognition from the National Medical Commission, underscoring its commitment to adhering to national standards and regulations governing medical colleges and hospitals. Jorhat Medical College and Hospital plays a vital role in addressing the healthcare needs of the local community and contributing to the broader medical community’s knowledge base.
With its mission to nurture the next generation of healthcare professionals and provide top-quality healthcare services, Jorhat Medical College and Hospital is making significant strides in shaping the future of healthcare in the region and beyond. Its impact on the field of medicine continues to grow, making it a noteworthy presence in the healthcare landscape.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty & Staff
- 5 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 6 Courses Offered for PG Course
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 MBBS Internship
- 9 MBBS Course Fees Structure
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 13 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 16 Assam NEET Counselling Process
- 17 Documents Required
- 18 Documents Required for PG Course
- 19 Counselling Fee
- 20 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 21 Contact Details
- 22 Ranking & Reputation
- 23 NEET College Predictors
- 24 NEET Rank Predictors
- 25 Expert Admission Consultants
- 26 FAQ’s
- 26.1 Q. How many seats are there in Jorhat Medical College?
- 26.2 Q. Jorhat Medical College is affiliated with which university?
- 26.3 Q. What is the official website of Jorhat Medical College?
- 26.4 Q. Is Jorhat Medical College Government?
- 26.5 Where is Jorhat Medical College located?
- 26.6 What is the fees of MBBS in Jorhat Medical College?
|Name of Institute||Jorhat Medical College And Hospital Jorhat|
|Popular Name||JMCH, Jorhat|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliation||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Courses||UG – MBBS & PG – MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Assam|
|Contact||Address: Kushal Konwar Path, BarbhetaO. Jorhat-785001, Assam, India |
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
Aid Status: Government
- Blood Bank
- Anti Ragging Facility
- Seminar Hall
- Student Union
- Computer Labs
Faculty & Staff
This college has a high proportion of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides enough non-technical staff to foster a self-learning environment for the students. Jorhat Medical College And Hospital Jorhat faculty members who are responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All campus faculty adhere to the policies listed below.
- Reduce inconsistency in value-based practises.
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasing emphasis on continuing education.
- To encourage the effective use of available resources.
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To identify shortcomings in existing literature and make recommendations for future research.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4.6 Years & 1 Yr Internship||125|
Courses Offered for PG Course
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years||2|
|MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||2|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||5|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||10|
|MS – ENT||3 years||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||6|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||10|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||8|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||5|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years||4|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||8|
|MD – Physiology||3 years||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years||3|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||3 years||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine||3 years||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years||2|
|MD – Microbiology||3 years||3|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
|Course||State Quota Fee||AIQ Quota|
|UG – MBBS||Rs. 29,000/-||Rs. 32,400/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31).|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an equivalent degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round|
Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray – 1|
Assam NEET Counselling Process
- Visit the official website of Assam NEET Counselling: dme.assam.gov.in.
- Select the “MBBS/BDS Counselling” option.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in all the required information, including personal, academic, and address details.
- Upload a scanned image of your signature and a photograph. Ensure that the image size for both the signature and photograph is between 35 to 20 kilobytes and 30 to 15 kilobytes, respectively. These files should be in either .jpeg or .jpg format.
- Double-check the information you’ve entered, and when everything is accurate, click the “Submit” button.
- After successfully submitting the online application form, print the e-challan.
- Deposit the required fee of INR 1240 (plus bank charges of INR 60) at any State Bank of India branch on the second working day following the submission of your application. You will receive a copy of the challan as proof of payment.
- It’s advisable to print the Assam MBBS/BDS application form for future reference.
|Counseling Fees (Non-refundable)||INR 500/-|
- During the choice declaration process, indicate your college and course preferences. You can choose as many colleges and courses as you desire. You can access the previous year’s allotment list to help you make your selections.
- After each round of counseling, the seat allotment results will be announced. These results will be available in the form of a seat allotment list and a seat allotment letter. You can check your name, roll number, allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is a crucial document that you will need to submit when reporting to the allotted college, along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College:
- Candidates must report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At this time, you should submit the original copies of the mandatory documents required for admission.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- OMR Sheet of NEET UG
- 12th Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 10th Admit Card, Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Residence Certificate
- PH Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs
Documents Required for PG Course
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NMC.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat
- Address: Kushal Konwar Path, Barbheta P.O Jorhat-785001, Assam, India
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
- Website: https://jorhatmedicalcollege.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. How many seats are there in Jorhat Medical College?
A. Jorhat Medical College offers MBBS & MD/MS course with an intake capacity of 125 seats.
Q. Jorhat Medical College is affiliated with which university?
A. Jorhat Medical College is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences.
Q. What is the official website of Jorhat Medical College?
A. The official website of Jorhat Medical College is https://jorhatmedicalcollege.in/
Q. Is Jorhat Medical College Government?
A. Yes, Jorhat Medical College is a government college which is approved by National Medical Commission.
Where is Jorhat Medical College located?
Jorhat Medical College is located at Kushal Konwar Path, Barbheta P.O Jorhat-785001, Assam, India.
What is the fees of MBBS in Jorhat Medical College?
MBBS Course fees in Jorhat Medical College is Rs. 32,400/-.