S Nijalingappa Medical College HSK Hospital and Research Centre Bagalkot was established in 2002 and is one of the state’s fastest growing educational institutions. The college was founded with the goal of providing high-quality education in the field of medical sciences. It has a relationship with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). The course is approved by the Medical Council of India. The institute provides UG and PG courses in medicine and surgery. The medical college is run by the Shri B.V.V Sangha, which was founded in 1906 with the goal of providing academic excellence in a variety of fields.
The college is named after Shri S. Nijalingappa, who granted 250 acres of land on lease for 30 years when he was Karnataka’s chief minister, which was later regularised and granted by Late Shri J. H. Patel when he was Chief Minister.
The late Dr. S. J. Nagalotimath, the international B.C. Roy awardee, was appointed as the first medical director and was tasked with planning and establishing the medical college. Dr. T.M. Chandrashekhar, the first and most beloved principal and now dean of SNMC, has made significant contributions. Dr. S. J. Nagalotimath and Dr. T. M. Chandrashekhar have both given SNMC and the hospital a great start.
The institution is located on an elevated stretch of land of over 114 acres and has a 700-bed hospital with well-equipped laboratories, M.R.I, CT scan, blood bank, hostels, library, highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty, class rooms, a play ground, and other student amenities. The college and hospital are spreading the word about excellent medical care and health services.
|Name of Institute||S Nijalingappa Medical College HSK Hospital and Research Centre Bagalkot|
|Popular Name||SNMC, Bagalkot|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Karnataka NEET Counseling Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Navanagar Bagalkot- 587 102 Karnataka India|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Buildings: SNMC would have dedicated academic buildings where classrooms, lecture halls, and laboratories for various medical and healthcare disciplines are located. These spaces are used for teaching and conducting practical sessions.
- Library: A well-equipped medical library with a vast collection of books, medical journals, and digital resources to support the academic and research needs of students and faculty.
- Hospital: HSK Hospital is a teaching hospital associated with the medical college. It would typically have various departments, including general medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, and more, to provide clinical training to medical students.
- Medical Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories for pathology, microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy, and other disciplines where students can conduct experiments and research.
- Hostel Facilities: Accommodation facilities for students, both male and female, often within the campus or nearby, to provide a convenient and secure place for students to stay.
- Auditorium and Conference Halls: These spaces are used for academic conferences, seminars, workshops, and other events.
- Research Centers: Specialized research centers for medical research in areas such as oncology, cardiology, neurology, and more, equipped with the necessary instruments and technology.
- Medical Museum: A medical museum may house anatomical specimens, historical medical equipment, and exhibits related to the history of medicine.
- Cafeteria and Food Services: On-campus dining facilities where students and staff can have meals and refreshments.
- Sports and Recreational Facilities: Facilities for physical fitness, sports, and recreational activities to promote a healthy lifestyle among students.
- Transportation: Transportation services for students and staff commuting to and from the campus.
- Pharmacy: An on-campus pharmacy or dispensaries where students can get medications and medical supplies.
- Student Common Areas: Common areas and lounges for students to relax, socialize, and study.
- Computer Labs: Computer facilities with internet access for research, coursework, and data analysis.
- Security and Safety Measures: Measures to ensure the safety and security of students and staff, including security personnel, surveillance systems, and emergency response protocols.
- Clinical Skills Labs: Specialized labs where medical students practice clinical skills on mannequins and simulators.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Campus-wide Wi-Fi connectivity to facilitate research, online learning, and communication.
Faculty and Staff
S. Nijalingappa Medical College, HSK Hospital, and Research Centre, located in Bagalkot, Karnataka, India, is a renowned institution in the field of medical education and healthcare. The institution boasts a dedicated and highly qualified faculty and staff who play a pivotal role in nurturing the future generation of healthcare professionals and providing exceptional medical services to the community.
- Professors and Associate Professors: The college’s faculty includes accomplished professors and associate professors in various medical disciplines such as medicine, surgery, gynecology, pediatrics, and more. These experts not only possess vast knowledge and experience but are also committed to imparting their wisdom to the aspiring medical students.
- Assistant Professors: The assistant professors at S. Nijalingappa Medical College are the backbone of the institution’s academic programs. They engage in teaching, research, and clinical work, ensuring that students receive a well-rounded medical education.
- Clinical Instructors: Clinical instructors play a crucial role in helping students apply theoretical knowledge to practical situations. They guide students during their clinical rotations, ensuring that they develop essential clinical skills and competencies.
- Research Scholars: The institution encourages research and innovation in the medical field. Research scholars, under the guidance of senior faculty members, are involved in cutting-edge research projects, contributing to advancements in healthcare.
- Visiting Faculty: To provide students with exposure to the latest developments in the medical field, the college often invites renowned experts and guest lecturers to deliver special lectures and workshops.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff at S. Nijalingappa Medical College plays a pivotal role in the smooth operation of the institution. They handle admissions, scheduling, finances, and other administrative tasks to ensure that the college functions efficiently.
- Nursing and Paramedical Staff: HSK Hospital, affiliated with the college, has a dedicated team of nurses and paramedical staff who provide compassionate care to patients. They assist in surgeries, manage wards, and offer essential healthcare services.
- Laboratory Technicians: The college’s laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for research and diagnostics. Laboratory technicians ensure that these facilities are well-maintained and assist faculty and students in conducting experiments and tests.
- Librarians: A well-stocked library is a valuable resource for medical students and faculty. Librarians manage the library, curate medical journals and books, and help students with research inquiries.
- Support Staff: Housekeeping, security, and maintenance staff contribute to the overall cleanliness, safety, and upkeep of the college and hospital premises.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||250||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,41,196/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 9,94,406/-|
|NRI Quota||Rs. 42,12,450/-|
For PG Courses
|MBBS||Will be Notified Soon|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:NEET PG Exam AgeNo age restrictionsInternshipMandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS courseQualificationCandidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|CategoriesCut off percentile 2023Cutoff marks 2023General50th275SC/ST/OBC40th245General-PH45th260SC/ST/OBC-PH40th245|
S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre
- Address: Navanagar Bagalkot- 587 102 Karnataka India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: http://www.snmcbgk.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre Bagalkot|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the official website for S. Nijalingappa Medical College?
A. The official website of S. Nijalingappa Medical College is https://www.snmcbgk.in/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at SNMC Bagalkot?
A. There are 250 seats available for MBBS students at SNMC Bagalkot.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in S. Nijalingappa Medical College?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the S. Nijalingappa Medical College.
Q. Is S. Nijalingappa Medical College a govt. or private medical college?
A. S. Nijalingappa Medical College is a private medical college.
Q. What is the location of S. Nijalingappa Medical College?
A. The address of S. Nijalingappa Medical College is Navanagar Bagalkot- 587 102 Karnataka India.
Q. When was SNMC Bagalkot established ?
A. SNMC Bagalkot was Estabished in the year of 2002.
Q. Which university is affiliated with SNMC Bagalkot?
A. SNMC Bagalkot is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).