Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad, established in 1984, has adapted to new technologies, innovated teaching methods, provided dedicated community service, and had an experienced faculty that have contributed to its long tradition of excellence. The institution is affiliated with the Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth (deemed to be a university) and also has recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
Through its constituent colleges, which include those for medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, nursing, and allied sciences, the College has broadened its horizons to investigate the various areas of medicine. Over the years, the college has grown on its tranquil, sprawling campus. The college was founded on the idea of “social responsibility,” and it is equipped with the most cutting-edge technology.
The college’s mission is to prepare knowledgeable and caring professionals with solid knowledge and excellent skill through quality education based on a common core of values. The college’s vision is to become a center of excellence using an interdisciplinary, innovative, and quality-centric approach that incorporates the best evidence-based higher education, generates refutative and translational research, and offers affordable healthcare access for the benefit of mankind.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Contact Details
- 10 Ranking & Reputation
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 13 MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
- 14 Documents Required
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions
- 15.1 Q. What are the courses offered by Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
- 15.2 Q. Is Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 15.3 Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities to its students?
- 15.4 Q. What is the admission process for MBBS at Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
- 15.5 Q. How are the faculty and teaching facilities at the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
- 15.6 Q. When Was the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, established?
- 15.7 Q. What is the location of the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
- 15.8 Q. What is the official website of Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
- 15.9 Q. Is Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad affiliated to any university?
|Name of Institute||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad|
|Popular Name||KIMS, Karad|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Institute Category||Deemed University|
|Affiliated to||Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth (deemed to be a university)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Malkapur, Karad (Dist.Satara), Maharashtra, India. PIN – 415539|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth (deemed to be a university)
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
- Spacious Hostels
- Extensive Library
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Fully Equipped Sports Complex
- Lecture Halls
Faculty and Staff
KIMS typically have a diverse and experienced faculty and staff team to provide quality education and healthcare services. Here are the general categories of faculty and staff commonly found in such institutions:
- Professors: Senior faculty members with extensive expertise and experience in various medical specialties. They are involved in teaching, research, and academic administration.
- Associate Professors: Faculty members with significant experience who assist professors in academic and research activities.
- Assistant Professors: Junior faculty members responsible for teaching, clinical training, and research.
- Lecturers: Faculty members who deliver lectures and conduct academic activities.
- Clinical Instructors: Medical practitioners who provide practical training and guidance to medical students during clinical postings.
- Medical Practitioners: Doctors working at the associated teaching hospital, involved in clinical training, patient care, and supervision of students.
- Non-Teaching Staff: Administrative and support staff who assist in managing the college’s operations, admissions, accounts, and other related tasks.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Anatomy||3 Years||3|
|MD Physiology||3 Years||1|
|MD Pathology||3 Years||8|
|MD Microbiology||3 Years||1|
|MD Pharmacology||3 Years||4|
|MD Community Medicine (PSM)||3 Years||2|
|MD General Medicine||3 Years||16|
|MD Pediatrics||3 Years||8|
|MS General Surgery||3 Years||21|
|M.D. Radio Diagnosis||3 Years||9|
|MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||9|
|MD Anesthesia||3 Years||10|
|M.S. Orthopedics||3 Years||12|
|MS E.N.T.||3 Years||2|
|M.S. Ophthalmology||3 Years||6|
|M.D. Dermatology||3 Years||3|
|MD Biochemistry||3 Years||2|
|M.D. Psychiatry||3 Years||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
For PG Courses
|MD Anatomy||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|MD Physiology||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|MD Biochemistry||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|MD Microbiology||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|MD Pharmacology||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|MD PSM||Rs. 4,00,000/|
|MD Pathology||Rs. 14,00,000/-|
|MD Anaesthesia||Rs. 17,00,000/-|
|MD ENT||Rs. 17,00,000/|
|MS Obs./Gyn||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
|MD Paediatrics||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
|MD General Medicine||Rs. 24,00,000/|
|MD Radiodiagnosis||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
|MD Dermatology||Rs. 24,00,000/|
|MS Ophthalmology||Rs. 24,00,000/|
|MS Orthopaedics||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
|MS General Surgery||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad
- Address: Malkapur, Karad (Dist.Satara), Maharashtra, India. PIN – 415539
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://kimskarad.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad|
For Undergraduate Courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
For Post-Graduate Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be conducting the counseling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges, and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER, Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and an additional Round known as the Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl: district magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the candidate’s name (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
For Postgraduate courses
- For PG Documents
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NMC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the courses offered by Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
A. The Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs in medicine as well as related fields. MBBS, MD, MS, Diploma in Anesthesia,, Diploma in Clinical Pathology, and many other courses are available at the college.
Q. Is Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
A. Yes, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has approved the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad
Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities to its students?
A. Yes, the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad has separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostels are well-equipped with all of the necessary amenities and provide students with a comfortable stay.
Q. What is the admission process for MBBS at Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
A. The National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET) is required for admission to the MBBS program at Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad. Candidates must have completed the 10+2 program with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their core subjects and a minimum of 50% in their overall grade point average. Candidates must take part in the college’s counseling process after passing the NEET exam.
Q. How are the faculty and teaching facilities at the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
A. The faculty at the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, is made up of a group of individuals with excellent credentials and extensive teaching experience. The institute has state-of-the-art teaching facilities, including labs, lecture halls, and classrooms with multimedia.
Q. When Was the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, established?
A. The Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad, was established in 1982
Q. What is the location of the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
A. The location of the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad is Malkapur, Karad (Dist.Satara), Maharashtra, India. PIN – 415539
Q. What is the official website of Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad?
A. The official website for the Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad is https://kimskarad.in/
Q. Is Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad affiliated to any university?
A. Yes, Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad is affiliated with Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth (deemed to be a university) , a University Grants Commission-(UGC) recognized the deemed universit .