Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal, Imphal established in 2010 with the goal of providing the general population of Manipur region with the best education and healthcare facilities with utmost care and compassion toward needy and underprivileged aspects of the community. The college is affiliated with Manipur University, and the college has recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college has provided students with a serene and healthy learning environment, which contributes to the best world-class infrastructure accessible to students to help them excel professionally and personally. Over the past decade of years, the college has gained quite a reputation and popularity in the North East region of the country.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 Course Syllabus
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
- 10 Counselling Registration
- 11 Counselling Process
- 12 Documents Required
- 13 Counselling Fee
- 14 MCC Counselling Process
- 15 Eligibility Criteria
- 16 Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal Cut-Off (MCC)
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Question
- 22.1 Q. When was the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, established?
- 22.2 Q. What Are the Fees for UG Courses at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
- 22.3 Q. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, is affiliated with which university?
- 22.4 Q. What is the location of the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
- 22.5 Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
- 22.6 Q. Does the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, have a hostel?
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal|
|Popular Name||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal|
|Year of Establishment||1972|
|Affiliated to||Manipur University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Manipur|
|Contact||Address: Porompat, Imphal, Manipur 795004 |
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Manipur University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Government
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD- Anaesthesiology||3 Years||6|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||2|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||4|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||2|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||3 Years||2|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years||4|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||9|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||4|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||10|
|MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||4|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||4|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Undergraduate courses
A) ADMISSION FEES:
|Admission Fees||Rs. 500/-|
|Blazer Coat Charge (Subject to Market Price)||Rs. 2,500/-|
|Security Money (Refundable)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Hostel Mess Caution (Refundable)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Hostel Caution Money (Refundable)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Laboratory Caution (Refundable)||Rs. 1,000/-|
B) ANNUAL FEES:
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 500/-|
|Library Fees||Rs. 250/-|
|Laboratory Fees||Rs. 250/-|
|Hostel Establishment Fees||Nil|
|Magazine Fees||Rs. 500/-|
|JNIMS Games Fees||Rs. 200/-|
|University Games Fees||Rs. 100/-|
|University Cultural Fees||Rs. 100/-|
|College Examination Fees||Rs. 1,000/-|
|College Culture Fees||Rs. 200/-|
|University Enrollment Fees||Rs. 100/-|
C) UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION FEES:
|First Professional MBBS Examination||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Second Professional MBBS Examination||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Third Professional Part-I MBBS Examination||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Third Professional Part-II MBBS Examination||Rs. 3,500/-|
D) UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION FEES:
|University Registration Fees||Rs. 4000/-|
E) ADVANCE MESS FEES (REFUNDABLE):
|Advance Mess Fees (Refundable)||4,000|
For Post graduate courses
|Particular||Amount (in Rs.)|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 5000/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 5000/-|
|Library Fee||Rs. 4800/-|
|Laboratory Fee||Rs. 600/-|
|Hostel Fee||Rs. 7200/-|
|University Enrollment Fee||Rs.100/-|
|University Sport Fee||Rs.200/-|
|University Cultural Fee||Rs. 100/-|
|Magazine Fee||Rs. 500/-|
|Annual Meet||Rs. 1000/-|
|Health Care||Rs. 1000/-|
|Games Fee (Institute)||Rs. 1000/-|
|Union Fee (Institute)||Rs 300/-|
|Security Deposit||Rs. 6000/-|
|Apron (2 nos.)||Rs. 1640/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Go to the official website designated for Manipur NEET Counseling 2023 (Click Here). You can search for it online.
Step 2: Registration
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Candidate Registration” link on the website’s homepage and click on it.
Step 3: Enter Details
- Fill in the required information accurately. This typically includes your NEET roll number, name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and other details as requested.
Step 4: Create a Password
- Create a strong password for your account, following the specified criteria (usually a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters).
Step 5: Verify Information
- Double-check all the details you’ve entered to ensure accuracy.
Step 6: Submit
- Once you’re confident that the information is correct, click the “Submit” or “Register” button.
Step 7: Confirmation
- After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation message or email. This confirmation may include a unique registration ID or reference number.
Step 1: Log In
- Visit the official website for Manipur NEET Counseling (Click Here) and log in using your NEET roll number and the password you created during registration.
Step 2: Personal Details Verification
- Verify your personal information displayed on the dashboard. Ensure it’s accurate.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select and prioritize your preferred medical and dental colleges and courses from the available options based on your NEET rank.
Step 4: Lock Choices
- After making your selections, lock your choices within the specified deadline. Once locked, you can’t change them.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Wait for the counseling authority to announce the seat allotment results. You’ll be informed about the college and course allocated to you.
Step 6: Accept or Reject Allotment
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you can choose to accept it. If not, you may reject it and participate in subsequent counseling rounds.
Step 7: Reporting
- If you accept the allotted seat, follow the instructions provided to report to the allocated college within the given timeframe. You may need to pay admission fees and provide necessary documents.
Step 8: Subsequent Rounds (Optional)
- If you reject the initial seat allotment or wish to participate in further rounds, you can do so. Repeat the choice filling and seat allotment process for subsequent rounds.
Step 9: Final Reporting
- Once you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, complete the final reporting process at the allocated college to confirm your admission.
- 3 recent passport size photographs (including one 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size)
- Age proof Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- SC / ST Certificate
- Ex-Serviceman / Armed Forces Personnel Certificate
- Meritorious Sportsperson Certificate
- Banker’s Cheque / Demand Draft / By Cash
- Domicile / Residential / Employment Certificate (as per enclosed formats)
- Mark sheets of 10 + 2 / B.Sc. & earlier qualifying exam. (For B.Sc.Candidates)
- Admit Card of the qualifying exam. (pending declaration of result)
- Disability Certificate (To obtain from the Medical Board, Medical Directorate, Lamphel).
- OBC Certificate
- NEET Score Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:ROUND-1:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Domicile||For Manipur NEET admission , the candidate must be a genuine resident of the state. However, applicants from all North-East states, including Sikkim, are eligible to apply for admission to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences.|
NEET UG Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal Cut-Off (MCC)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal
- Address : Porompat, Imphal, Manipur 795004
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. When was the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, established?
A. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, was established in 2010
Q. What Are the Fees for UG Courses at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
A. The fees for UG courses at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, are Rs. 59,000/-
Q. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, is affiliated with which university?
A.Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, is affiliated with Manipur University
Q. What is the location of the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
A. The location of the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal is at Porompat, Imphal, Manipur 795004
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal ?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal , is 100.
Q. Does the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal, have a hostel?
A. Yes, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal does provide a hostel facility for both males and females