Medical Colleges in Manipur medical colleges is regarded as of high quality. The state has a number of government and private medical colleges that provide courses in a variety of medical fields, including MBBS, MD, and MS. Manipur’s medical colleges are affiliated with Manipur University and have been recognised by the National Medical Commission.
The curriculum is created to provide students both theoretical and practical knowledge, with a focus on real-world clinical experience. The academic staff at Manipur’s medical colleges is very skilled and knowledgeable. The colleges also provide a variety of research opportunities for students to expand their knowledge and gain real-world experience. In general, Manipur’s medical colleges are thought to offer an equal level of medical instruction to those in other Indian states.
Medical education in Manipur is gradually improving as new medical colleges are established and existing ones’ infrastructure and facilities are upgraded. Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) are the state’s two medical colleges. Both of these institutions provide undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in a variety of specialisations.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Manipur is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents Required
- 10 MCC Counselling Process
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET College Predictors
- 13 NEET Rank Predictors
- 14 Expert Admission Consultants
- 15 Frequently asked questions
- 16 Q:What is the duration of MBBS course in Manipur?
- 18 Q:Are there any postgraduate medical courses offered in Manipur?
- 19 Q:What is the medium of instruction in medical colleges in Manipur?
- 20 Q:Are there any extra-curricular activities available for medical students in Manipur?
- 21 Q:What are the popular medical colleges in Manipur?
- 22 Q:What are the courses offered at medical colleges in Manipur?
- 23 Q:What are the job prospects after completing medical education from Manipur?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Manipur||Shija Academy of Health SciencesRegional Institute of Medical Sciences, ImphalJawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences,Porompet,Imphal||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, ImphalJawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences,Porompet,Imphal|
Why Manipur is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Manipur is a popular destination for medical students due to the presence of reputable medical colleges that provide quality education and training in a variety of medical disciplines. Manipur’s medical colleges are outfitted with cutting-edge infrastructure, cutting-edge facilities, and experienced faculty members dedicated to providing the best education possible to their students.
- Manipur has a rich culture and history, making it an appealing destination for students looking to immerse themselves in a new and unique way of life while pursuing their medical education.
- Manipur is an affordable option for students who want to pursue their medical studies without going over their budget due to the low cost of living there. Manipur is a great choice for students aspiring to become medical professionals because of its excellent education system, cutting-edge amenities, and vibrant culture.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Go to the official website designated for Manipur NEET Counseling 2023 (Click Here). You can search for it online.
Step 2: Registration
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Candidate Registration” link on the website’s homepage and click on it.
Step 3: Enter Details
- Fill in the required information accurately. This typically includes your NEET roll number, name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and other details as requested.
Step 4: Create a Password
- Create a strong password for your account, following the specified criteria (usually a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters).
Step 5: Verify Information
- Double-check all the details you’ve entered to ensure accuracy.
Step 6: Submit
- Once you’re confident that the information is correct, click the “Submit” or “Register” button.
Step 7: Confirmation
- After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation message or email. This confirmation may include a unique registration ID or reference number.
Step 1: Log In
- Visit the official website for Manipur NEET Counseling (Click Here) and log in using your NEET roll number and the password you created during registration.
Step 2: Personal Details Verification
- Verify your personal information displayed on the dashboard. Ensure it’s accurate.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select and prioritize your preferred medical and dental colleges and courses from the available options based on your NEET rank.
Step 4: Lock Choices
- After making your selections, lock your choices within the specified deadline. Once locked, you can’t change them.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Wait for the counseling authority to announce the seat allotment results. You’ll be informed about the college and course allocated to you.
Step 6: Accept or Reject Allotment
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you can choose to accept it. If not, you may reject it and participate in subsequent counseling rounds.
Step 7: Reporting
- If you accept the allotted seat, follow the instructions provided to report to the allocated college within the given timeframe. You may need to pay admission fees and provide necessary documents.
Step 8: Subsequent Rounds (Optional)
- If you reject the initial seat allotment or wish to participate in further rounds, you can do so. Repeat the choice filling and seat allotment process for subsequent rounds.
Step 9: Final Reporting
- Once you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, complete the final reporting process at the allocated college to confirm your admission.
- 3 recent passport size photographs (including one 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size)
- Age proof Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- SC / ST Certificate
- Ex-Serviceman / Armed Forces Personnel Certificate
- Meritorious Sportsperson Certificate
- Banker’s Cheque / Demand Draft / By Cash
- Domicile / Residential / Employment Certificate (as per enclosed formats)
- Mark sheets of 10 + 2 / B.Sc. & earlier qualifying exam. (For B.Sc.Candidates)
- Admit Card of the qualifying exam. (pending declaration of result)
- Disability Certificate (To obtain from the Medical Board, Medical Directorate, Lamphel).
- OBC Certificate
- NEET Score Card
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:ROUND-1:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Domicile||For Manipur NEET admission , the candidate must be a genuine resident of the state. However, applicants from all North-East states, including Sikkim, are eligible to apply for admission to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences.|
NEET UG Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges in Manipur
Participating Medical Colleges in Manipur
Government Medical College
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Strcuture|
|1.||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||Manipur University||Govt.||1972||125||Rs. 11,500/-|
|2.||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences,Porompet,Imphal||Manipur University||Govt.||2010||150||Rs. 11,500/-|
|3.||Government Medical College, Churachandpur||Manipur University||Govt.||2022||100||Rs. 45,700/-|
Private Medical Colleges
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|1.||Shija Academy of Health Sciences||Manipur University||Private||2021||150||Rs. 19,00,000/-|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently asked questions
Q:What is the duration of MBBS course in Manipur?
A:The duration of the MBBS course in Manipur is 4.5 years followed by a one-year internship.
A:The medical college in Manipur offers various facilities such as a library, laboratories, lecture halls, hostel accommodation, sports facilities, and a hospital with modern medical equipment.
Q:Are there any postgraduate medical courses offered in Manipur?
Yes, JNIMS and RIMS offers postgraduate medical courses such as MD and MS in various specialties.
Q:What is the medium of instruction in medical colleges in Manipur?
A:The medium of instruction in medical colleges in Manipur is English.
Q:Are there any extra-curricular activities available for medical students in Manipur?
A:Yes, medical colleges in Manipur offer various extra-curricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and social service programs. Students can also participate in various clubs and societies related to their interests.
Q:What are the popular medical colleges in Manipur?
A:The popular medical colleges in Manipur are Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
Q:What are the courses offered at medical colleges in Manipur?
A:The medical colleges in Manipur offer undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) courses.
Q:What are the job prospects after completing medical education from Manipur?
A:After completing medical education from Manipur, one can work as a doctor in government or private hospitals, clinics, or can pursue higher studies in medical specializations