Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh are well-known for their outstanding academic programmes and sophisticated facilities. These colleges provide a variety of courses, such as MBBS, MD, and MS, to name a few. Indira Gandhi Medical College in Shimla, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College in Kangra, and Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital in Solan are among the best medical schools in the state. These colleges offer devoted and experienced faculty who provide the best education available to students.
Himachal Pradesh is a beautiful Indian state noted for its breathtaking natural scenery and tranquil atmosphere. Many excellent medical colleges have been established in the state in recent years. These colleges feature excellent facilities and competent teachers who educate students aspiring to be doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with a high-quality education. They give undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are aimed to provide students with the knowledge and abilities needed to excel in the medical sector.
Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh provide an excellent platform for students to pursue their medical education. With modern infrastructure, experienced faculty, and serene surroundings, these colleges offer a holistic learning experience that prepares students for successful careers in the healthcare sector.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Himachal Pradesh is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Himachal Pradesh NEET Counseling Registration
- 7 Himachal Pradesh NEET Counseling Process
- 8 Himachal Pradesh Medical College Fees Structure
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 Participating Medical Colleges
- 11 NEET College Predictors
- 12 NEET Rank Predictors
- 13 Expert Admission Consultants
- 14 FAQs
- 14.1 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.2 What is the admission process for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.3 Q. Are the medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 14.4 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.5 Q. What are the popular specializations offered in MD/MS courses in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.6 Q. Are there any scholarships available for medical students in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.7 Q. What is the fee structure for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.8 Q. What are the facilities provided by medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
- 14.9 Q. Are there any job opportunities for medical graduates in Himachal Pradesh?
Medical Course Facts
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh University, ShimlaShri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College, MandiIndira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College (RPGMC), KangraMaharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital, Solan|
Why Himachal Pradesh is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Himachal Pradesh is a popular destination for medical students for a variety of reasons. The state offers several prestigious medical colleges that provide students with high-quality education and training. These colleges have cutting-edge infrastructure, including well-equipped labs, libraries, and dormitories, to give students with the finest learning experience possible.
- Himachal Pradesh’s quiet environment and serene surroundings make it an ideal site for students to pursue their medical degree. The state is noted for its natural beauty, which includes snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, and peaceful rivers, creating a serene and peaceful environment that allows students to concentrate on their studies.
- Himachal Pradesh has a rich cultural heritage, and the state’s medical institutions give numerous opportunity for students to learn about and explore the region’s history and culture. Furthermore, the state has a diverse population, including people of various ethnic and linguistic backgrounds, which exposes students to a wide range of medical conditions and diseases.
- Himachal Pradesh medical colleges provide low tuition and living costs, making it an appealing option for individuals seeking to further their medical studies without incurring a substantial financial burden. Finally, Himachal Pradesh is a popular destination for medical students due to its high-quality education, peaceful environment, diverse population, and low living costs.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counseling Registration
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the university: www.amruhp.ac.in.
- Download the prospectus and replica of the online application form to review eligibility criteria and requirements.
- Create an email account if you don’t have one.
- Click on “Apply for MBBS/BDS Counselling” on the homepage or navigate to Admission > Apply for Admission > MBBS/BDS.
- Fill in the required fields, including Admission Quota, Category, Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, NEET Roll No., Email id, and Mobile number. Make sure these details match your NEET 2023 information.
- Click “Verify Email” and “Verify” after entering your mobile number to complete the verification process using the OTP sent to your email and mobile.
- Enter the captcha code to complete the registration.
Step 2: Preparing Documents
Before you begin the online application process, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Scanned passport-sized photograph (maximum size: 100 KB, format: .jpg or .jpeg).
- Scanned copy of your signature (maximum size: 100 KB, format: .jpg or .jpeg).
- Scanned copies of relevant documents as per eligibility requirements (maximum size: 1024 KB, format: PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG).
- Valid email address and mobile number.
Step 3: Application Form Submission
- Use your registered mobile number and email for future logins.
- Once registered, you can’t edit the application form after final submission.
The application form will have several steps:
- a) Guideline and Online Payment.
- b) Filling Personal Details along with uploading Photo and Signature.
- c) Filling Address details.
- d) Filling Eligibility and Category Details (Choose your reserved category if applicable).
- e) Filling Qualification Details.
- f) NEET UG 2023 Entrance Details (Ensure details match your NEET UG 2023 data).
- g) Uploading relevant Documents.
- h) Download PDF of the application form.
- Complete each step carefully, ensuring accuracy and correctness.
- The system will validate your details with NEET UG 2023 data.
- After filling and submitting all details, take a printout of the admission form.
Step 4: Counseling Fee Payment
- Pay the application fee online through the integrated Easy Pay Payment Gateway using Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, or UPI.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General/NRI/OBC & Others||Rs.2,000/-|
Step 5: Final Confirmation
- a) After successful fee payment, the system will generate a confirmation page of the online application form.
- b) This confirmation page, along with other relevant certificates/documents, must be submitted in person on the day of reporting at the allocated college.
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counseling Process
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the University website www.amruhp.ac.in.
- Register and create an account.
- Provide personal details, including NEET Roll No., email, and mobile number.
- Verify your email and mobile through OTP.
- Complete registration with a captcha code.
Step 2: Online Choice Filling
- After registration, you can log in to your account.
- Fill in your choices/preferences for courses, colleges, and quotas based on merit.
- Carefully choose your preferences as allocation will be based on these choices.
Step 3: Provisional Allocation
- The University will allocate seats provisionally based on merit and your preferences.
- You can download the Provisional Allotment Letter from the University website.
- Report to the allocated college with original documents and a printout of the online application form for verification.
Step 4: Fee Payment and Admission
- Admission will be finalized after document verification, medical fitness, and fee deposition.
- Candidates not completing this process within the stipulated time will lose their allocated seat.
Step 5: Second Round of Counselling (If Required)
- If not satisfied with your seat or if you want to upgrade, participate in the second round of counselling.
- Pay the token fee as required and choose your preferences again.
- Shifting/up-gradation between colleges and courses is allowed during this round.
Step 6: Third Round of Counselling (If Required)
- If needed, participate in the third round of counselling following the same procedure as the second round.
- Pay the token fee and choose preferences.
Step 7: Stray Vacancy Round
- If you haven’t secured admission yet, participate in the Stray Vacancy Round as per the University’s schedule.
- Pay the token fee as required and select preferences.
- No inter-se-shifting from one Government Medical College to another is allowed during this round.
Step 8: Final Eligibility Determination
- The final eligibility of candidates will be determined after verification of all original documents by the Admission Committee.
Step 9: Admission Letters and Reporting
- Download the Provisional Allotment Letters and report to the allocated college within the stipulated period.
- Ensure you download all necessary documents and maintain communication with the University website for updates.
Step 10: Refund of Token Amount (If Applicable)
- If you were not allocated any seat, your token amount will be refunded.
- If you deposited token amounts more than once, refunds will be processed accordingly.
Himachal Pradesh Medical College Fees Structure
|College Type||Category||Fee Amount|
|Government Medical Colleges||General/NRI/OBC||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Government Dental College||General/NRI/OBC||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Private Dental Colleges||State & Management||Rs. 50,000/-|
|MMMC Kumarhatti, Solan||State & Management||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|NRI Quota Seats||NRI||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Participating Medical Colleges
Government Medical College
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College, Mandi, HP||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||2017||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College, Chamba||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||2017||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||1966||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|Government Medical College, Nahan, Sirmour H.P.||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||2016||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|Dr. Rajendar Prasad Government Medical College, Tanda, H.P||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||1996||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|Dr. Radhakrishnan Government Medical College, Hamirpur, H.P||Himachal Pradesh University||Govt.||2018||120||Rs.60,000/-|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur||Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS (Bilaspur)||Govt.||2020||50||Will Be Notified Soon|
Private Medical Colleges
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College & Hospital, Solan||Maharishi Marakandeshwar University, Kumarhatti, Solan||Trust||2013||150||Rs. Rs. 9,31,700/-( State Quota)|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS colleges in Himachal Pradesh is that the candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects and obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
What is the admission process for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The admission process for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh is based on the NEET-UG examination score for undergraduate courses and NEET-PG examination score for postgraduate courses.
Q. Are the medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Ans: Yes, all medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh are recognized by the National Medical Commission and are affiliated with the Himachal Pradesh University.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The duration of the MBBS course in Himachal Pradesh is five and a half years, including one year of mandatory internship.
Q. What are the popular specializations offered in MD/MS courses in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The popular specializations offered in MD/MS courses in Himachal Pradesh include General Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, and more.
Q. Are there any scholarships available for medical students in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Yes, various scholarships and financial assistance schemes are available for medical students in Himachal Pradesh, including state and central government scholarships, merit-cum-means scholarships, and more.
Q. What is the fee structure for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The fee structure for medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh varies from college to college. However, most colleges charge a fee of around Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1.5 lakhs per year for undergraduate courses and Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs per year for postgraduate courses.
Q. What are the facilities provided by medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh provide students with state-of-the-art infrastructure, including well-equipped labs, libraries, hostels, and medical facilities. Additionally, they also provide students with opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities, such as sports, cultural events, and social service activities.
Q. Are there any job opportunities for medical graduates in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Yes, there are various job opportunities for medical graduates in Himachal Pradesh. They can work in hospitals, clinics, private practice, and government organizations. Additionally, medical graduates can also pursue higher education or research in their respective fields.
Q. Are medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh only for Himachali students?
Ans: No, medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh are open to students from all over India, provided they meet the eligibility criteria for admission. However, the state government reserves a certain percentage of seats for Himachali students, as per the state government policy.