Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital is located in Ambegaon, Narhe, Pune. It was founded by President Prof. M. N. Navale and is named after Prof. M. N. Navale’s mother. This institution has established a reputation for academic excellence and patient care not only in Pune, but throughout Maharashtra.
In September 2007, the medical college began with an intake of 100 students for the MBBS course. The student intake capacity has now been increased to 150. MBBS degree is recognised by the Medical Council of India as well as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India in New Delhi. Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik, is affiliated with the college.
Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital aspires to be recognised as a centre of excellence in medical education and research, with a teaching hospital of global standards, to serve the people of Pune and neighbouring districts with advanced and modern medical facilities at an affordable cost, with a special focus on rural populations, and to be renowned for curriculum innovations, science-based patient care, and need-based community service.
Let us take a summarize facts about Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College
|Name of Institute||Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital|
|Popular Name||Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College Pune|
|Year of Establishment||2007|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: S.No. 49/1, Westerly Bypass Road, Narhe (Ambegaon), Pune, Maharashtra|
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Private
Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College offers Medical course as:
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|State Quota||Other Reservation|
PG Course (MD/ MS) – 3 Years Duration.
|MD Comm. Medicine||4|
|MD Demeterlogy, Venereology, & Leprosy||1|
|MD General Medicine||4|
|MS General Surgery||2|
|MD Obst. & Gynec.||3|
|MD Radio Diagnosis||3|
|MD Resp. Medicine||2|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%).
c) Entrance Test: NEET-U.G. (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST). Admission will be granted based on the results of the entrance examination.
Admission Criteria: All seats are assigned based on the results of the PG-NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST. (PG-NEET)
The candidate must have completed an MBBS from a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi, and completion of internship (12 months) on or before March 31st.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET-PG is required, while for reserved category candidates, a minimum of 40 percentile is required.
The state of Maharashtra has the most seats in India, and the students also take the most exams each year. The special thing about admission to all private medical colleges is that candidates whose family income is less than Rs.8 lakh get scholarships, which means the government pays half of their tuition fees, which increases the enthusiasm for these private medical colleges. As a result, there is a significant difference in the cutoff for Government Medical College and Private Medical College at the state level.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
To begin, students must submit their NEET scores.
Students must attend an open counseling session after submitting their NEET scorecard. The NEET score and counseling scores are used to determine who is accepted into college after the counseling process. If chosen, the necessary documents are submitted to UG/PG Admission, Admin Building.
For NRI: There is 15% Institutional quota in private colleges, in which NRI or other state candidates can take admission, but seat is allotted to NRI candidates. Its fees are very high, the vehicle has NRI fees.
For UG – MBBS:
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- In addition, aspirants must attend the MBBS Counseling process.
- Participation in the counseling process and payment of fees will determine final admission.
For PG – MD/MS:
- Admission to the post graduate courses is through NEET-PG conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- The authorities will prepare a merit list for shortlisting candidates.
- In addition, aspirants must participate in the College’s counseling process.
- Final admission will be determined by the marks obtained, participation in the counseling process, and payment of fees.
Note :- Disqualification From Admission
The candidate who was allotted a seat in any course at MUHS Nashik in the previous year(s) and vacates / abandons it after availing the said seat has completed such a period of course that the said seat has lapsed.
Bond: These bonds will be filled at the time of admission.
1) After completing their internship, all candidates must serve for one year in the Maharashtra government, or pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only) if they obtained admission through the All India quota.
2) They will not stay in India for 5 years after receiving their degree, or they will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only).
Note: Any candidate responsible for the lapse of an MBBS seat will be fined Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakh only) for non-refunding. This penalty applies to all candidates who do not join after receiving a seat allotment during the final round of admission or who cancel the allotted seat after the final round of admission. This penalty also applies to any candidate who resigns from their seat after the MBBS course cut-off date, even if the candidate fails to complete any course regardless of admission quota.
|District||Tuition Fee||Develop Fee||Total Fee||NRI Fee P.A|
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College
|Course||1st Year Fees|
NEET Counseling process
After the NEET 2023 result is announced, the state common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai, will issue a prospectus and schedule for admission to the state quota of MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses. Its website address is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/, where candidate can fill out the online application form and upload the respective documents.
This state has the majority of the top medical colleges. Candidates from all states are given preference for admission to the top medical colleges in their respective states through the All India Quota system.
The application fee for the state quota is Rs. 1000/-, and the fee for the institutional quota is Rs. 5,000/-, both of which are non-refundable. If you want to participate in both the state and institutional quotas, you must pay an application fee of Rs. 6000/-. This Rs. 5,000/- can also be deposited during the institutional round. Candidates who wish to participate in the institutional round must pay an application form fee of Rs. 5000/-; however, fresh registration is not permitted during the institutional round. The application fee for the institutional round of registered candidates is Rs. 5000/-.The merit list will be created based on the registered candidate’s NEET 2022 score. The State common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai provided counseling for all rounds (up to Mop Up round 6) in 2021 by allotting seats online. In Maharashtra state counseling, all rounds (up to institutional/stay vacancy round) have a one-time registration and choice filling. Registration for MBBS/BDS and AYUSH occurs concurrently, but counseling dates differ, and admission is based on merit in the NEET 2022 score.
1) Registration or choice filling begins with the first round.
2) If a candidate is assigned a seat in any round and does not accept it or resigns from it after accepting it, it will be assumed that the candidate is uninterested in the admissions process. If it is maintained, the candidate will not be given a seat in the subsequent rounds.
3) Candidates may upgrade their previous round seat to the next round.
First Stage Counseling :-
This counseling is done online, and seat allotment is done on the vacant seats of all government/private colleges of state quota according to the provisional merit list by computer. If participants get seat allotment, they must go to the allotted college to have all their documents verified. Formalities must be completed.
In the second round, candidate seat will be upgraded based on the higher option they selected during choice filling. If they are satisfied with this allotment and do not want to upgrade this seat further, they must fill out a status retention form in the college at the time of admission; otherwise, he/she will not be considered for upgrade in subsequent rounds. If they do not receive a seat allotment in the first round, he/she will have to wait until the second round.
Second Stage Counseling :-
Following the first round of counseling, the second round of MCC is held to fill the vacant seats and the seats transferred to the state. This counseling is also available online. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. If he/she joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they will be unable to participate in the second round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Counseling for Mop Up round 1,2 :-
This counseling is done after the second round to fill the vacant seats. This counseling is available online. Mop up round 2 is held for all vacant seats in government and private colleges from Mop up round 1. This is the final round for private medical colleges. Following this round, all vacant Private MBBS seats are transferred to the concerned college, and these seats are filled by the college through the Institutional round. Following this round, these seats are filled by the counseling authority conducting Mop up round 3,4, 5,6,7……… to fill the vacant seats of MBBS in government colleges.
Eligible candidates for Mop up round counseling:-
1) All candidates who participated in the first and second rounds but did not complete the status retention form are eligible for an upgrade in this round.
2) All candidates who did not receive a seat in the first or second round and are still waiting are eligible.
Not eligible candidates for mop up round counseling:-
1) Candidates who did not join or resigned after receiving a seat allotment in the first and second rounds are ineligible.
2) Candidates who participated in the first and second rounds and completed the status retention form are ineligible.
Institutional round counseling :-
Private Medical colleges conduct these rounds. Following the Mop Up round, all vacant seats of Private MBBS are transferred to the concerned college, which fills these seats through an Institutional round. A 15% institutional quota will be filled on an all-India basis, with NRI/OCI/other than Maharashtra state candidates included.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
1) Online downloaded Application form of State NEET-UG 2022.
2) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 Admit Card.
3) Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Pass port)
4) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 result/Marksheet.
5) Nationality Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issuing such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’
6) Domicile Certificate issued by a District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority.
7) SSC i.e. 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate (for DOB).
8) HSC i.e. 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
9) Medical fitness certificate (Annexure-H)
10) Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
11) Aadhar Card
12) Orphan Certificate from appropriate authority. If applicable
13) Religions Minority certificate / reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
14) Caste Certificate.
15) Caste Validity Certificate.
16) Non Creamy layer Certificate valid upto 31/03/2020
(For VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3, SEBC & OBC including SBC)
17) D1/D2/D3 : Ex-servicemen Certificate /actual service certificate
18) D1/D2 : Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate of Defence person.
19) D3 : Transfer certificate
20) Eligibility Certificate for EWS category issued by Competent Authority.
21) MKB : Disputed area certificate, Mother tongue certificate, SSC/HSC from MKB area.
22) HA : Parent Domicile certificate, SSC/HSC of candidate from hilly area
22) Person with disability (PWD) Candidates – Medical Fitness Certificate of Authorized Medical Board.
23) For Orphan – respective certificate from appropriate authority
24) Bond Release Certificate (if applicable).
- 10th Passing Certificate/Birth Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Statement of Mark Sheet of I, II, III MBBS Examination
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
- Central Library
- Lecture Halls
- Common Room & Labs
- Hostel & Mess Facility
- Sports And Recreation Facilities
- Blood bank
- Emergency services
Hospital of Smt. Kashibai navale Medical College
The hospital began with 300 beds in 2006 and has since grown to 1094 beds, with 840 teaching beds, 80 ICU beds, 40 Casualty beds, 20 beds for Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, 64 Day Care beds, 2 Pain Clinics, and 48 Recovery beds in O.T.
The hospital is divided into four buildings. The OPD blocks are on the ground floor, and the wards are on the first and second floors. They provide all of the hospital’s facilities, as well as two square meals per day.
Every year, the number of patients using the OPD and IPD grows. In 2016, they examined 570592 patients in the OPD and 38806 patients were hospitalised, with an average daily bed occupancy of 84 percent.
With an increase in patient numbers, all departments have updated their infrastructure to provide better care to the sick and needy.
The college offers placements, but most students try to get an internship where they can treat patients inside hospitals and help them. The percentage of placements ranges between 40% and 50%. At placement, the highest salary package offered is 10 LPA, and the average salary package offered ranges from 3.5 LPA to 4 LPA, which is very good.
The college provides all MBBS students with an unpaid one-year internship. It provides excellent clinical exposure in all departments. During their internship, they will gain experience in all departments, which will help them choose their postgraduate specialisation.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Kashibai Navale Medical College Pune|
Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital Pune
Location: S.No. 49/1, Westerly Bypass Road, Narhe (Ambegaon), Pune, Maharashtra
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Official Website: https://www.sknmcgh.org/
The official website of Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College is https://sknmcgh.org/
There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College .
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College
Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College is a private medical college.
The address of Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College is S.No. 49/1, Westerly Bypass Road, Narhe (Ambegaon), Pune, Maharashtra
Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College was launched in the year of 2007
Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik