S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai is a Maharashtra state medical institution located in Ambajogai, district Beed. It is Asia’s first rural medical college. It is also known as the SRTR GMC Ambajogai. The first dean was Dr. V.K. Dawale, FRCS. The first class of 50 students began in July 1975 and graduated in 1979.
Post-graduate courses in a variety of subjects were also launched with the approval of the Maharashtra government and the Medical Council of India. The first post-graduates were published in 1981. The hospital’s bed capacity was increased to 500 in 1998.
Almost all disciplines now offer post-graduate courses that are approved by the Medical Council of India. On the occasion of the institution’s 25th anniversary, a large-scale Silver Jubilee Year Celebration was held in the year 2000.
The new college building was completed in 2008, and the Dean’s Office, Pre and Para-Clinical Departments were relocated there.
The new Residents Hostel, with a capacity of 124 rooms, was completed in 2009 and began housing Resident Doctors in January 2010.
Let us take a summarize facts about S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai
|Name of Institute||Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Govt. Medical College, Ambajogai|
|Popular Name||S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai, SRTR GMC Ambajogai|
|Year of Establishment||1975|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG/ SS Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS, DM/MCh|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: SRT Medical College, Ambajogai, Maharashtra 431517|
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Govt.
S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai offers Medical course as:
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|Total Seats||AIQ 15%||GOI||Category||State Quota||Other Reservation|
|MD (12 Courses)|
|MS (5 Courses)||18|
|PG Diploma (7 Courses)||2 years||10|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%).
c) Entrance Test: NEET-U.G. (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST). Admission will be granted based on the results of the entrance examination.
Admission Criteria: All seats are assigned based on the results of the PG-NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST. (PG-NEET)
The candidate must have completed an MBBS from a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi, and completion of internship (12 months) on or before March 31st.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET-PG is required, while for reserved category candidates, a minimum of 40 percentile is required.
The state of Maharashtra has the most seats in India, and the students also take the most exams each year. Because there are more government medical colleges, the state quota cutoff is much lower.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
To begin, students must submit their NEET scores.
Students must attend an open counseling session after submitting their NEET scorecard. The NEET score and counseling scores are used to determine who is accepted into college after the counseling process. If chosen, the necessary documents are submitted to UG/PG Admission, Admin Building.
Admission goes by two criteria:
Maharashtra State Quota – Maharashtra Government after MHT-CET examination &
All India Quota – Government of India after AIPMT examination
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- In addition, aspirants must attend the MBBS Counseling process.
- Participation in the counseling process and payment of fees will determine final admission.
- Admission to the post graduate courses is through NEET-PG conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- The authorities will prepare a merit list for shortlisting candidates.
- In addition, aspirants must participate in the College’s counseling process.
- Final admission will be determined by the marks obtained, participation in the counseling process, and payment of fees.
Note :- Disqualification From Admission
The candidate who was allotted a seat in any course at MUHS Nashik in the previous year(s) and vacates / abandons it after availing the said seat has completed such a period of course that the said seat has lapsed.
Bond: These bonds will be filled at the time of admission.
1) After completing their internship, all candidates must serve for one year in the Maharashtra government, or pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only) if they obtained admission through the All India quota.
2) They will not stay in India for 5 years after receiving their degree, or they will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only).
Note: Any candidate responsible for the lapse of an MBBS seat will be fined Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakh only) for non-refunding. This penalty applies to all candidates who do not join after receiving a seat allotment during the final round of admission or who cancel the allotted seat after the final round of admission. This penalty also applies to any candidate who resigns from their seat after the MBBS course cut-off date, even if the candidate fails to complete any course regardless of admission quota.
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai
|Course||Tuition FeesPer Annum||DevelopmentFees Per Annum||Total Fees Per Annum|
|MBBS||Rs. 94,400/-||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 99,400/-|
|1||Admission Fee||1500||at the time of admission|
|2||Gymkhana Fee||500||per annum|
|3||Hostel Fee||4000||per annum|
|4||Library Fee||2000||Deposit -once -At the time of admission|
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai
|MD/MS||INR 3.09 L|
|PG Diploma||INR 1.41 L|
NEET Counseling process
After the NEET 2023 result is announced, the state common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai, will issue a prospectus and schedule for admission to the state quota of MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses. Its website address is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/, where candidate can fill out the online application form and upload the respective documents.
This state has the majority of the top medical colleges. Candidates from all states are given preference for admission to the top medical colleges in their respective states through the All India Quota system.
The application fee for the state quota is Rs. 1000/-, and the fee for the institutional quota is Rs. 5,000/-, both of which are non-refundable. If you want to participate in both the state and institutional quotas, you must pay an application fee of Rs. 6000/-. This Rs. 5,000/- can also be deposited during the institutional round. Candidates who wish to participate in the institutional round must pay an application form fee of Rs. 5000/-; however, fresh registration is not permitted during the institutional round. The application fee for the institutional round of registered candidates is Rs. 5000/-.The merit list will be created based on the registered candidate’s NEET 2022 score. The State common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai provided counseling for all rounds (up to Mop Up round 6) in 2021 by allotting seats online. In Maharashtra state counseling, all rounds (up to institutional/stay vacancy round) have a one-time registration and choice filling. Registration for MBBS/BDS and AYUSH occurs concurrently, but counseling dates differ, and admission is based on merit in the NEET 2022 score.
1) Registration or choice filling begins with the first round.
2) If a candidate is assigned a seat in any round and does not accept it or resigns from it after accepting it, it will be assumed that the candidate is uninterested in the admissions process. If it is maintained, the candidate will not be given a seat in the subsequent rounds.
3) Candidates may upgrade their previous round seat to the next round.
First Stage Counseling :-
This counseling is done online, and seat allotment is done on the vacant seats of all government/private colleges of state quota according to the provisional merit list by computer. If participants get seat allotment, they must go to the allotted college to have all their documents verified. Formalities must be completed.
In the second round, candidate seat will be upgraded based on the higher option they selected during choice filling. If they are satisfied with this allotment and do not want to upgrade this seat further, they must fill out a status retention form in the college at the time of admission; otherwise, he/she will not be considered for upgrade in subsequent rounds. If they do not receive a seat allotment in the first round, he/she will have to wait until the second round.
Second Stage Counseling :-
Following the first round of counseling, the second round of MCC is held to fill the vacant seats and the seats transferred to the state. This counseling is also available online. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. If he/she joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they will be unable to participate in the second round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Counseling for Mop Up round 1,2 :-
This counseling is done after the second round to fill the vacant seats. This counseling is available online. Mop up round 2 is held for all vacant seats in government and private colleges from Mop up round 1. This is the final round for private medical colleges. Following this round, all vacant Private MBBS seats are transferred to the concerned college, and these seats are filled by the college through the Institutional round. Following this round, these seats are filled by the counseling authority conducting Mop up round 3,4, 5,6,7……… to fill the vacant seats of MBBS in government colleges.
Eligible candidates for Mop up round counseling:-
1) All candidates who participated in the first and second rounds but did not complete the status retention form are eligible for an upgrade in this round.
2) All candidates who did not receive a seat in the first or second round and are still waiting are eligible.
Not eligible candidates for mop up round counseling:-
1) Candidates who did not join or resigned after receiving a seat allotment in the first and second rounds are ineligible.
2) Candidates who participated in the first and second rounds and completed the status retention form are ineligible.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
1) Online downloaded Application form of State NEET-UG 2022.
2) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 Admit Card.
3) Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Pass port)
4) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 result/Marksheet.
5) Nationality Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issuing such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’
6) Domicile Certificate issued by a District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority.
7) SSC i.e. 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate (for DOB).
8) HSC i.e. 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
9) Medical fitness certificate (Annexure-H)
10) Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
11) Aadhar Card
12) Orphan Certificate from appropriate authority. If applicable
13) Religions Minority certificate / reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
14) Caste Certificate.
15) Caste Validity Certificate.
16) Non Creamy layer Certificate valid upto 31/03/2020
(For VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3, SEBC & OBC including SBC)
17) D1/D2/D3 : Ex-servicemen Certificate /actual service certificate
18) D1/D2 : Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate of Defence person.
19) D3 : Transfer certificate
20) Eligibility Certificate for EWS category issued by Competent Authority.
21) MKB : Disputed area certificate, Mother tongue certificate, SSC/HSC from MKB area.
22) HA : Parent Domicile certificate, SSC/HSC of candidate from hilly area
22) Person with disability (PWD) Candidates – Medical Fitness Certificate of Authorized Medical Board.
23) 4 passport size photographs.
24) Bond Release Certificate (if applicable).
- 10th Passing Certificate/Birth Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Statement of Mark Sheet of I, II, III MBBS Examination
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
- Lecture Theaters
- Demo rooms
- Common rooms
- Residential facilities
- Recreation facilities (Sports, Gymnasium)
- Blood bank
Hospital of S.R.T.R. Medical College Ambajogai
The hospital offers a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients in a variety of medical and surgical specialities. The hospital has an FDA-approved blood bank, an ART unit, an ICTC unit, a physiotherapy unit, and other services.
In 2007, a new hospital building (Medicine Unit) was completed, and the Department of Paediatrics, ICU unit, and Medicine Unit were relocated there.
The new 230-bed hospital (Surgical Unit) is under construction and will be completed in the near future.
The hospital on campus exists to provide knowledge about the practical day-to-day problems faced by doctors and other staff members, allowing students to learn about the management and administration skills that they will need once they are certified medical practitioners.
The college provides a pleasant environment as well as excellent guidance. After completing their MBBS, all students must complete a year of mandatory rotatory internship. Following that, students typically apply for post-graduate studies.
MBBS always has good job opportunities; all students get internships, and they graduated with many MOS and surgeons. Many hospitals will hire them as a doctor, or they can apply abroad for advanced medical studies, with USMLE providing jobs in the United States.
Placed based on NEET UG scores, with a salary range of $60-90K. Following UG, PG can be pursued by passing the NEET PG. After completing theirr MBBS, they can work in a private hospital or open their own clinic.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SRTR GMC Ambajogai|
Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College
SRT Medical College, Ambajogai, Maharashtra 431517
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Official Website: http://www.srtrmca.org/
What is the official website for Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College?
The official website of Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College is http://www.srtrmca.org/
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at SRTR Medical college?
There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at SRTR Medical college.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in SRTR Medical college?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the SRTR Medical college.
Who is the founder dean of this medical college?
The first-founder dean of this medical college was Dr. V.K. Dawale, FRCS.
Is SRTR Medical college a govt. or private medical college?
SRTR Medical college is a government medical college. It is a first rural med college in Asia.
What is the location of SRTR Medical college?
The address of SRTR Medical college is SRT Medical College, Ambajogai, Maharashtra pincode 431517.
When was SRTR Medical college launched?
SRTR Medical college was launched in the year of July 1975.
Which university is affiliated with SRTR Medical college?
SRTR Medical college is affiliated with MUHS.
Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
NEET-PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes at various universities and institutions across the country. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical schools in India must take the NEET-PG exam.