Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Nellimarla, Vizianagaram established in 2002 is one of the prime and reputed colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The college is first and only Teaching Hospital of its kind in Vizianagaram region, and is located in the pristine surroundings of Nellimarla in the Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh. The college is affiliated with Dr. YSR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and also has the recognition from the National Medical Commission.
With the vision of promoting medical education and healthcare, as well as providing relief and assistance to victims of natural disasters; The college has taken on the mission of being able to diagnose and manage common health problems of individuals and communities at the primary and secondary levels, as well as being aware of and implementing National Health Programs.
|Name of Institute||Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Nellimarla, Vizianagaram|
|Popular Name||MIMS, Nelimarla|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Dr YSR University of Health Sciences in Vijayawada.|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission.|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh|
|Contact||Address: Near MDO Office, Nellimarla, Andhra Pradesh 535217 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition And Aid Status
Affiliated with: Dr YSR University of Health Sciences in Vijayawada.
Approved by: National Medical Commission.
Aid Status: Private
- Para-clinical departments
- Lecture Halls
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Nellimarla, Vizianagaram. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For UG Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For PG courses
|4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For UG course (MBBS):
|Pre Clinical||Semester 1 – 2||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para Clinical||Semester 3 – 5||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs|
|Clinical||Semester 6 – 9||Community medicine and allied subjects (psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Clinical postings|
MBBS Internship Structure
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For MD/MS courses
|Pre Clinical||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology||Rs. 1,32,000/-|
|Para Clinical||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs||Rs. 1,32,000/-|
|Clinical||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Clinical postings||Rs. 4,32,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||The Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor|
The Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor
- Address : Murukambattu, Chittoor Andhra Pradesh, India- 517127.
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.aimsrchittoor.edu.in/
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analysis analyzes the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s NEET counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference. Students are advised on NEET counseling and top medical college criteria by MBBS Admission Consultants.
MBBS Admission Consultant
To know better MBBS Admission Consultants have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals and provide assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Andhra Pradesh applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to Andhra Pradesh. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling.|
|For Kerala Candidates||all Andhra Pradesh applicants who are residents of the state of Kerala. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers deputed in Kerala would also be considered in this category; however, such candidates will be ineligible to claim any reservation.A candidate who has completed class 12 at a Kerala institute and whose parent(s) works for the Government of India (currently posted in Kerala)|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST candidates, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For PG courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
The online application form for determining merit position for Competent Authority quota seats using NEET scores will be available on the website https://ugcq.ntruhsadmissions.com.
Before filling out the online application form, candidates should print the prospectus and instructions from the website http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in or https://ugcq.ntruhsadmissions.com. and verify their eligibility under the Local/Non-local category.
The candidate should fill out the online application form on the website with the required information and upload the scanned certificates and documents in support of their claim via the internet. Any computer with an internet connection can complete the online application form.
The candidate must provide accurate information in the online application form and submit scanned original certificates with their application. Applications containing incorrect information or invisible documents will be automatically rejected. If it is discovered that the candidate provided incorrect information or uploaded fake or forged documents, the university takes appropriate action against the candidate, including the cancellation of a seat or admission without notice.
Application and Processing Fees
|OC/BC||Rs.2950/- (Rs.2500/- + Rs.450/- (GST @ 18 %) Bank charges extra|
|SC/ST||Rs.2360/- (Rs.2000 + Rs.360/- (GST @ 18 %) Bank charges extra|
The candidate must sign at the declaration area on the printout of the online application form and submit it at the time of enrollment at the designated college. Candidates are not required to send a printout of their application to the University by post or hand.
Candidates must register for Andhra Pradesh NEET counselling to be considered for admission to 85% of state quota seats in MBBS and BDS. Andhra Pradesh NEET MBBS Admissions application forms will be available on the official website. Candidates can apply for Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling by following these simple steps.
- Visit the Dr YSR official website, (Click Here)
- Click on the Online Registration link and enter information such as your NEET roll number, NEET rank, DOB, mobile number, and so on.
- Click the “Validate” tab to submit.
- Log in with the Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling registration number you created in the previous step.
- Fill out the Application form with your personal and educational information.
- Fill out the application form and click the submit button.
- Make a note of your registration ID and password for future use.
- Candidates must log in to the website using the previously generated ID and password to fill out their course and college preferences.
- There is no set number of courses and colleges that can be chosen from the obtainable list of options.
- It should be noted that MBBS/BDS seats will be assigned based on the options selected by the candidates.
- It is mandatory to lock the choices for the final submission of preferences in NEET UG counseling.
- The choices can be modified until they are locked. If in case, candidates do not lock the choices then the filled choices will be considered final and will automatically get locked on the notified date.
- It is advisable to take a printout of the filled choices as it could be beneficial for candidates in the further NEET UG counseling process.
- DSYSRUHS will publish a state merit list on its official website for candidates who have successfully completed the document verification process.
- The merit list will include the names of Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling registered candidates, as well as their state and category rankings.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copy of the mandatory documents.
Counselling Fee Structure
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Fee|
|All Categories||INR 5,000|
Refundable Tuition Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities|
|All Categories||INR 2,00,000|
For UG courses
- Shortlisted candidates must report to the counseling centers with three sets of authenticated copies of relevant documents.
- Candidates must also submit a printout of their Andhra Pradesh application during the document verification process.
- Candidates must include a passport-sized photocopy of the Andhra Pradesh application form in the printed copy.
- NEET Admit Card/ Rank Card
- SSC or equivalent examinations (for showing the date of birth)
- Transfer certificate
- Study certificate(s) from 6th class to intermediate
- Qualifying Exam Certificate
- Residence certificate of the candidate or either parent issued by MRO / Tahasildar of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh for a period of ten -years (Period to be specified with exact month and year) excluding the period of study/employment outside the state.
- Candidates claiming quota eligibility under Special Categories must provide the required certificate in support of their claim Permanent Caste Certificate (Integrated Community Certificate) seeking reservation under BC/SC/ST Categories issued by an Officer mandated.
- In order to be eligible for fee exemption, the parent’s most recent income certificate issued by MRO/Tahsildar or white ration card
- Aadhar Card
- Minority certificate issued by Minorities Welfare Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh
For PG Courses
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which University is affiliated with The Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor?
A. The Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor is affiliated with Dr. YSR University of Health Sciences
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor, is 150 seats
Q. What is the address of the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor?
A. The address of the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor, is Murukambattu, Chittoor Andhra Pradesh, India- 517127.
Q. What is the official website for the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor?
A. The Official website for Apollo Institute of Medical & Research, Chittoor is https://www.aimsrchittoor.edu.in/
Q. When was the Apollo Institute of Medical & Research, Chittoor established?
A. The Apollo Institute of Medical & Research, Chittoor was established in 2015
Q. What are the fees for the MBBS course at the Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor?
A. MBBS course fees at Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor are Rs. 12,00,00/- per annum