Government Medical College Jammu is a premier medical college located in the city of Jammu in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, India. The college is one of Jammu and Kashmir’s oldest medical schools, having been founded in 1972. The college provides quality education and training in the field of medicine and surgery. It is known for its excellent infrastructure, experienced faculty, and a wide range of courses. The college is affiliated with the Jammu University and also has recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The College offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and super-specialty courses in medicine, surgery, and allied specialties. The admission to the MBBS course at GMC Jammu is based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates have to clear the NEET and then participate in the counseling process conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE).
In the past two decades, Government Medical College Jammu and affiliated Hospitals have doubled their bed capacity and can now boast of cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic equipment in addition to knowledgeable and well-trained faculty. Many of its postgraduates and grads are working for prestigious national and international organizations and have demonstrated their mettle.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 Course Syllabus
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Government Medical College Jammu Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota)
- 10 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- 11 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
- 12 Counselling Fee
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 15 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 16 NEET PG Cut-off 2023
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22.1 Q. What courses are offered by Government Medical College, Jammu?
- 22.2 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
- 22.3 Q. What is the admission process for the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
- 22.4 Q. Does GMC Jammu have hostel facilities for students?
- 22.5 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
- 22.6 Q. What is the annual fee for the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
- 22.7 Q. Does GMC Jammu provide internships to MBBS students?
- 22.8 Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at GMC Jammu?
- 22.9 Q. Does GMC Jammu have a hospital attached to the college?
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Jammu|
|Popular Name||GMC, Jammu|
|Year of Establishment||1972|
|Affiliated to||Jammu University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling Conducting authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir|
|Contact||Address: Maheshpura Chowk, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu and Kashmir 180001 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Jammu University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
At the Government Medical College in Jammu, students have access to a range of facilities that enable them to receive excellent instruction and training in a relaxing environment. The following amenities are available at Jammu’s Government Medical College:
- Library: The college has a large collection of books in the medical sciences and other important fields, and the library is well-stocked.
- Laboratories: For practical instruction and research, the college is equipped with a variety of contemporary labs, including those for anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, etc.
- Hostel: Student housing is offered by the college, with separate residence halls for male and female students. The hostels are furnished with the bare necessities, including a mess room and a play area.
- Lecture Halls: There are huge, well-equipped lecture rooms at the college that can hold a lot of pupils. For efficient instruction, audio-visual aids are provided in the lecture halls.
- Sports facilities: To support extracurricular activities and the overall development of students, the institution has facilities for a variety of indoor and outdoor sports, such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, and table tennis.
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria where students and staff can get clean, wholesome cuisine at reasonable pricing.
- Wi-Fi: The college’s campus is Wi-Fi connected, allowing students to access internet resources and carry out research.
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty at Government Medical College, Jammu is highly skilled and experienced, and includes doctors, professors, and other healthcare professionals. Faculty members are committed to conducting top-notch research while also actively engaged in educating and training students.
- Besides from the teaching faculty, GMC Jammu has a dedicated team of non-teaching professionals that includes administrative personnel, technical personnel, lab assistants, and other support personnel. The non-teaching staff is critical to the effective operation of the institution and hospital.
- GMC Jammu faculty members are encouraged to attend conferences, seminars, and workshops to upgrade their knowledge and abilities and stay up to current on the newest advances in their respective professions. To assist faculty members in enhancing their teaching and research abilities, the university also regularly conducts training and development programmes.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||180|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Medicine||3 Years||13|
|MS Anaesthesia||3 Years||5|
|MD Radio-Diagnosis||3 Years||3|
|MD Pathology||3 Years||7|
|MD Obst. & Gynae||3 Years||9|
|MD Paediatrics||3 Years||3|
|MS Community Medicine||3 Years||5|
|MS Dermatology||3 Years||3|
|MD Physiology||3 Years||8|
|MD Pharmacology||3 Years||5|
|MD Blood Transfusion Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MS Surgery||3 Years||16|
|MS Orthopaedics||3 Years||10|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 Years||10|
|MS ENT||3 Years||6|
|MS Anatomy||3 Years||8|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Undergraduate courses
|Course||Fees for 1 st Year||Fees For 2nd Year||Fees For 3rd Year||Final year|
|MBBS||Rs. 26250/-||Rs. 9,375/-||Rs. 6,250/-||Rs. 6,250/-|
For Post courses
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Government Medical College Jammu Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota)
|OM – PWD Category||–||–||505862||213|
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- Step 1: Visit the BOPEE website at www.jkbopee.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on “Click to Apply” under “Online Applications” and choose “NEET–UG.”
- Step 3: On the NEET-UG page, review important information, including registration dates and instructions for document upload.
- Step 4: Check the document size requirements (100-200 KB) and ensure you have scanned copies of the following documents:
- Domicile Certificate,
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate/Marks Card,
- 10+2 Marks Card,
- Category Certificate (if applicable, NEET Score Card 2023)
- Step 5: Click “Click here to apply.”
- Step 6: Read the instructions and check the “I have read the instructions” box, then click “Apply.”
- Step 7: Fill in your registration details and enter the verification code (captcha). Click “Submit.”
- Step 8: Review your submitted details. If incorrect, click “Click Here to edit your registration details” to make changes.
- Step 9: If details are correct, click “Click Here.” Activate your account by following the link sent to your email, set a password, and remember not to share your login details.
- Step 10: Log in using your NEET Roll No. as the username and your password.
- Step 11: On the logged-in page, you can access options like personal profile, document upload, application edit, password change, and logout.
- Step 12: To upload documents, click “Upload Document,” select the relevant PDFs, and follow instructions.
- Step 13: After uploading, a message will confirm. Click “click here to print form if uploaded” to print your registration form.
- Step 14: Verify that the correct documents were uploaded and close the window.
- Step 15: If you’ve previously registered, click “Click here to login if already registered” and access your personal details, uploaded documents, edit your registration, or change your password.
- Step 16: Always log out or close the browser for security.
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
Step 1: Registration and Document Submission
- Make sure you have qualified for NEET UG examination and have the required documents.
- Register and submit your documents online through the BOPEE website within the specified time.
- Pay the online fee as prescribed by the Board.
Step 2: Seat Allotment Rounds
- Check the seat matrix and vacant seats on the BOPEE website.
- Eligible candidates will be called for counseling based on their NEET UG scores and preferences.
- Participate in the counseling process in person.
- Choose a seat from the available options based on your merit and preference.
- Once allotted a seat, complete the necessary formalities in the allotted college.
Round 2 (Upgradation/Allotment Round):
- Seats that become available due to non-joining, resignation, or vacancies are notified by the Board.
- Candidates who have already been allotted seats in Round 1 can participate.
- Candidates who couldn’t get a seat due to SNA or CNA in Round 1 can also participate.
- Depending on seat availability, additional eligible candidates may be allowed to participate.
- Indicate fresh preferences for the available seats.
- Preferences from Round 1 will be canceled for this round.
- Seats left by OM candidates will be allotted to OM candidates during this round.
- No fee is required for those who paid during Round 1.
Round 3 (Third Round of Counseling):
- Board may conduct a 3rd round of counseling if needed.
- Candidates who did not join after previous rounds are eligible to participate.
- Preferences from earlier rounds are not applicable.
- Candidates upgraded during Round 2 are not eligible.
- Seats left vacant due to non-joining or resignation are filled.
- Follow the same counseling process as in Round 1.
Final Round by Personal Counseling (Mop-Up Round):
- If necessary, a final round is conducted by personal counseling.
- Vacant seats are filled to ensure no new vacancies are created.
- Eligible candidates who did not join earlier rounds can participate.
- Allotment is based on merit and preference.
- Once allotted, complete the formalities in the allotted college.
- Board may allow candidates who were not allowed to participate earlier due to non-joining to participate in the last round, depending on seat availability.
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria.
- Failure to join an allotted institution may lead to admission cancellation.
- Date of Birth Certificate as per matriculation certificate.
- 10+2 or equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Domicile Certificate of candidates belonging to UTs of J&K/ Ladakh (for the candidates of UT of Ladakh, ST certificate be treated as Domicile certificate).
- Category certificate; (wherever applicable)
- NEET score card 2023
- Poor &Backward Certificate, if any.
- Cut-Off 2023 (Last Cut-Off for 1 & 2 round)
For PG Course
- Date of birth
- 12th Certificate
- MBBS degree certificate
- Marks cards of all the years of MBBS
- NEET PG result
- Registration certificate from MCI or SMC
- Internship completion certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Government Medical College Jammu
- Address: Maheshpura Chowk, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu and Kashmir 180001
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://gmcjammu.nic.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Jammu|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered by Government Medical College, Jammu?
A. GMC Jammu offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and super-specialty courses in medicine, surgery, and allied specialties. The courses offered include MBBS, MD and MS
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
A. To be eligible for admission to the MBBS course at GMC Jammu, candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology. Candidates must also have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q. What is the admission process for the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
A. The admission to the MBBS course at GMC Jammu is based on the NEET score. Candidates have to clear the NEET and then participate in the counseling process conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE).
Q. Does GMC Jammu have hostel facilities for students?
A. Yes, GMC Jammu has hostel facilities for students. There are separate hostels for male and female students with basic amenities like mess, recreation room, etc.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
A. The duration of the MBBS course at GMC Jammu is five and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q. What is the annual fee for the MBBS course at GMC Jammu?
A. The annual fee for the MBBS course at GMC Jammu is decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE). The fee structure is subject to change every year.
Q. Does GMC Jammu provide internships to MBBS students?
A. Yes, GMC Jammu provides internships to MBBS students. The internship is of one year duration, and it is mandatory for all MBBS students to complete their internship to be eligible for the degree.
Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at GMC Jammu?
A. GMC Jammu provides various research opportunities to students through its research cell and various research projects. Students can participate in research projects and present their research papers at national and international conferences.
Q. Does GMC Jammu have a hospital attached to the college?
A. Yes, GMC Jammu has a hospital attached to it, named Government Medical College and Associated Hospitals (GMCAH). The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and provides various healthcare services to patients.