Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar Mangalore is one of Karnataka’s most prestigious medical colleges. Srinivas Medical College, which was founded in 2011, is located in Srinivas Nagar. Srinivasnagar Medical College is a well-known medical school in Karnataka. The NMC has recognized the Medical Institute, which is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre is a medical college and research centre in Mukka, Mangalore, India, located outside of Surathkal.
Srinivas was founded in 2009 by the A. Shama Rao Foundation. Srinivas is a member of the Medical Council of India and is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore (MCI).
Srinivas represents the Tulu linguistic minority, with a few seats set aside for Tulu candidates. Admission to the MBBS course is through the All India Entrance Test (NEET), with a total intake of 150 students per year.
|Name of Institute||Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar Mangalore|
|Popular Name||SIMRC, Mangalore, Srinivas Medical College Srinivasnagar|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: 2QCV+V69, Mukka, Surathkal, Mangaluru, Karnataka 574146|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Blocks: SIMSRC likely has dedicated academic buildings with lecture halls, classrooms, and seminar rooms for teaching and learning activities. These spaces are equipped with audio-visual aids to facilitate effective teaching.
- Library: The institute typically has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of medical textbooks, journals, and online resources. It may also have a digital library for e-books and electronic journals.
- Laboratories: Specialized laboratories for various departments such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, and others are essential for practical training and research.
- Hospital: Many medical colleges are associated with a hospital or have their own teaching hospital. The hospital serves as a practical training ground for medical students and provides healthcare services to the community.
- Research Facilities: Research centers and facilities may be available for students and faculty to conduct medical research in various fields, including clinical research.
- Hostel Accommodation: Hostel facilities are often provided for students, especially for those from out of town. These hostels are equipped with basic amenities and security measures.
- Sports and Recreation: There may be sports facilities such as a gymnasium, outdoor sports grounds, and indoor games for students’ physical and recreational activities.
- Cafeteria and Mess: A cafeteria or mess provides meals and refreshments to students and staff. The quality and variety of food may vary.
- Medical Facilities: In addition to the hospital, there may be medical clinics or dispensaries on the campus to attend to the health needs of students and staff.
- Auditorium and Conference Halls: These spaces are used for academic and cultural events, conferences, seminars, and guest lectures.
- Transportation: Some institutions provide transportation facilities for students and staff, especially if the campus is located away from the city center.
- Wi-Fi and Internet: Wi-Fi connectivity is typically available across the campus to support research and learning activities.
- Security: Adequate security measures, including CCTV cameras and security personnel, ensure the safety of students and the campus.
- Community Outreach: Many medical institutions engage in community outreach programs and health camps to provide healthcare services to underserved populations.
- Student Clubs and Societies: These organizations offer students opportunities for extracurricular activities and professional development.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty Members: These individuals are typically medical doctors or researchers with advanced degrees. They are responsible for teaching medical students, conducting research, and often providing clinical care. They may specialize in various fields such as internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, or radiology.
- Researchers: Apart from faculty, there might be dedicated researchers who focus primarily on conducting scientific research. They may hold doctoral degrees (Ph.D.) and work on projects related to medical advancements, disease management, or healthcare policy.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative staff members handle various non-academic tasks, including admissions, human resources, finance, and general administration. They help ensure the smooth operation of the institution.
- Clinical Staff: Medical research centers often have clinical staff, such as nurses, nurse practitioners, and medical technicians, who provide patient care and support clinical research efforts.
- Support Staff: These individuals include laboratory technicians, IT professionals, librarians, and maintenance personnel who play crucial roles in supporting the daily operations of the research center.
- Librarians and Information Specialists: They manage the medical library, assist with research inquiries, and provide access to medical literature and databases for faculty and students.
- Clinical Faculty: These are doctors who not only teach but also provide clinical care to patients at associated hospitals or clinics, often affiliated with the research center.
- Pharmacists: If the institution is involved in pharmaceutical research or has a pharmacy program, pharmacists may be part of the faculty or staff.
- Biostatisticians and Data Analysts: These professionals assist in data analysis for research projects, ensuring that research findings are statistically sound.
- Medical Illustrators and Graphic Designers: They might assist in creating visual aids, presentations, and educational materials for research and teaching.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||2|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||2|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||5|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||2|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||6|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||10|
|MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||1|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||5|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,41,196/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 10,92,602/-|
|MD/MS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar
- Address: 2QCV+V69, Mukka, Surathkal, Mangaluru, Karnataka 574146
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: http://srinivasgroup.com/srinivas-institute-of-medical-sciences-and-research-center/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SIMRC Srinivasnagar|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the official website for Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar?
A. The official website of Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar is https://srinivasgroup.com/Srinivas-Institute-of-Medical-Sciences-and-Research-Center
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar.
Q. Is Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar a govt. or private medical college?
A. Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar is a private medical college.
Q. What is the location of Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre?
A. The address of Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar is2QCV+V69, Mukka, Surathkal, Mangaluru, Karnataka 574146.
Q. When was Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar Established ?
A. Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre Srinivasnagar was Established in the year 2011.