Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital Tumkur was established in 1988 by the Sri Siddhartha Educational Society with the aim of developing and nurturing quality medical professionals committed to excellence in healthcare and social welfare. With a commitment to excellence in healthcare education, research, outreach, and inclusivity through discovery, purpose, and application, the college has gained quite a reputation for itself in the medical field. The college is affiliated with the Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Tumkur and has received recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college’s mission is to provide top-notch education and encourage young minds to develop into responsible adults in a welcoming environment, adapting to changes in technology and paving the way for human progress. Its vision is to develop students’ technological sophistication, ethical fortitude, and capacity to improve the standard of living of the human race by providing them with cutting-edge technical and medical knowledge.
|Name of Institute||Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital Tumkur|
|Popular Name||SSMC, Tumkur|
|Year of Establishment||1988|
|Institute Category||Deemed To be University|
|Affiliated to||Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Tumkur (Deemed to be a University)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Medical Counselling committee|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: B.H. Road, Agalkote, Tumkur, Karnataka, India|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Tumkur (Deemed to be a University)
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Seminar Halls
- Board Rooms
- Discussion Rooms
- Multimedia Enabled Lecture Facilities
- Facilities For Physically Challenged
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Anatomy||3 years||2|
|MD Physiology||3 years||3|
|MD Pathology||3 years||6|
|MD Microbiology||3 years||2|
|MD Community Medicine||3 years||2|
|MD General Medicine||3 years||10|
|MD Paediatrics||3 years||8|
|MD Anaesthesia||3 years||8|
|MD Radio- Diagnosis||3 years||6|
|MD Dermatology & STD||3 years||4|
|MD Psychiatry||3 years||3|
|MS OBG||3 years||9|
|MS Orthopaedics||3 years||6|
|MS ENT||3 years||4|
|MS General Surgery||3 years||8|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 years||6|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 17,75,000/-|
|Other Fees||Rs. 71,000/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 28,000/-|
|Welcome Kit||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Hostel Fees – Hostel Caution Fees||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Establishment And Mess||Rs. 1,24,000/-|
For PG Courses
|MD Anatomy||Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|MD Physiology||Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|MD Pathology||Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|MD Microbiology||Rs. 2,50,000/-|
|MD Community Medicine||Rs. 3,50,000/-|
|MD General Medicine||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Paediatrics||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Anesthesia||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Radio-Diagnosis||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Dermatology||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MD Psychiatry||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MS OBG||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MS Orthopaedics||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MS ENT||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MS General Surgery||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
|MS Ophthalmology||Rs. 31,50,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy Round|
Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur
- Address: B.H. Road, Agalkote, Tumkur, Karnataka, India
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.ssmctumkur.org/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What are the courses offered by Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital in Tumkur?
A. Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital in Tumkur offers MBBS, MD, MS, and diploma programs.
Q. What are the fees for courses at Sri Siddhartha Medical College in Tumkur?
A. The fees for the courses at Sri Siddhartha Medical College in Tumkur vary every year, The fee for the MBBS Course at Sri Siddhartha Medical College is Rs. 17,75,000/-
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital in Tumkur?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital in Tumkur are determined by the results of entrance exams such as NEET. The candidate must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as major subjects and a minimum of 50% marks.
Q. Is Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
A. Yes, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has approved the Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur.
Q. When Was the Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur established?
A. The Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur was established in 1988
Q. What is official website of Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur?
A. The official website for the Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur is https://www.ssmctumkur.org/
Q. Does the Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur provide placement assistance to students?
A. The Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Hospital, Tumkur helps students find employment. A dedicated placement cell at the college assists students in finding employment opportunities at reputable hospitals and medical facilities across the nation.