Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS) is India’s first rural medical college, located in Sevagram near Mahatma Gandhi’s karmabhoomi. The Kasturba Health Society is in charge of it. MGIMS Wardha was founded in 1969, during Gandhi’s centennial year. The college was previously affiliated with Nagpur University (1969–1997), but since 1998, it has been affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik.
The institute is in Sevagram, a small village about 8 kilometres from Wardha. It is well connected to the rest of the country via rail and road. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur is about 70 kilometres away from the college.
MGIMS is India’s first rural medical college started by Dr. Sushila Nayyar. The Kasturba Hospital, founded in 1944, is the only hospital founded by the father of the nation himself.
MGIMS has evolved into a low-cost institute that serves the rural community. It has also worked hard to achieve its community-oriented mission by collaborating closely with its alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre, which is now in its 8th year. It has also introduced health insurance into rural areas. This service was used by 68000 families in the Sevagram area in 2014-15.
|Name of Institute||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha|
|Year of Establishment||1969|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: P.O. Sevagram, Distt. Wardha, Maharashtra Sevagram|
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition And Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Facilities: MGIMS is equipped with modern classrooms, lecture halls, and auditoriums to facilitate interactive learning. The institute likely has well-equipped laboratories for practical training and research purposes. Additionally, there might be a well-stocked library with a vast collection of medical books, journals, and digital resources.
- Hospital: The institute is associated with a teaching hospital that provides medical services to the community and hands-on training for students. The hospital would have various departments, including general medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, etc. It may have advanced medical equipment and technology to cater to the healthcare needs of patients and serve as a learning environment for students.
- Hostel Accommodation: MGIMS likely offers hostel accommodation for its students, especially for those coming from distant places. These hostels might have separate facilities for male and female students, providing a safe and comfortable living environment.
- Recreational Facilities: The campus may have recreational facilities such as sports grounds, gymnasiums, and common areas for students to relax and engage in extracurricular activities.
- Research Centers: The institute may have research centers focusing on various medical and healthcare disciplines. These centers would encourage faculty and students to participate in research projects to contribute to medical advancements and knowledge.
- Medical Equipment and Technology: The institute is expected to have access to the latest medical equipment and technology required for teaching, research, and patient care.
- Student Support Services: MGIMS likely offers various student support services, such as counseling, career guidance, and mentorship programs.
- Transportation: The institute may provide transportation facilities for students and staff, especially for those commuting between the campus and hospital.
- Cafeteria and Dining: There might be a cafeteria or dining hall on the campus, providing meals and refreshments to students and staff.
Faculty And Staff
- Teaching Faculty: The teaching faculty at MGIMS includes professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers. They are responsible for imparting knowledge to students, conducting lectures, practical sessions, and mentoring them throughout their academic journey.
- Medical Professionals: As MGIMS is associated with a teaching hospital, there are likely medical professionals, including experienced doctors, specialists, and surgeons, who serve as faculty members and also provide medical care to patients in the hospital.
- Research Scholars: Faculty members involved in research activities might include post-doctoral researchers, research associates, and research assistants, who contribute to ongoing research projects and publish scientific papers.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff comprises individuals responsible for the day-to-day operations of the institute. They manage admissions, student affairs, finance, human resources, and other administrative tasks.
- Support Staff: MGIMS may have support staff, such as lab technicians, nurses, librarians, IT professionals, and maintenance personnel, who play crucial roles in assisting faculty and students and maintaining the campus and facilities.
- Hospital Staff: In the associated teaching hospital, there will be nurses, ward staff, lab technicians, and other medical support personnel who contribute to patient care and support medical education.
- Department Heads and Deans: The institute will have department heads and deans responsible for overseeing specific academic departments and maintaining the academic standards of the institution.
- Guest Lecturers and Visiting Faculty: MGIMS might invite guest lecturers and visiting faculty members who are experts in their respective fields to enrich the academic experience and provide diverse perspectives
Course Offered and Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||100||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|Community Medicine||3 years||2|
|Forensic Medicine||3 years||2|
|General Medicine||3 years||2|
|General Surgery||3 years||12|
|Obst & Gynae||3 years||5|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Undergraduate Courses
For Postgraduate Courses
|Admission Fee||Rs. 5000/-|
|Institute Caution Money||Rs. 5000/-|
|Library Deposit||Rs. 5000/-|
|Hostel Caution Money||Rs. 5000/-|
|Mess Deposit||Rs. 5000/-|
|MGIMS News Bulletin||Rs. 100/-|
|Medical Checkup fees||Rs. 500/-|
|University Development Fee||Rs. 50/-|
|University Enrolment and Eligibility||As per university norms|
|University MKCL Fee||Rs. 50/-|
|Internet Charges||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Yearly Development charges (Part of tuition fee)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Sports, Games and Gymnasium||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||Rs. 1,000/-|
|College Magazine||Rs. 200/-|
Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- Step 1: Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the requirements for Maharashtra NEET Counseling 2023 (www.mahacet.org.).
- Step 2: Visit Official Website: Go to the official DMER Maharashtra or CET Cell Maharashtra website (www.mahacet.org).
- Step 3: Register: Click on “Registration” or “New User” and fill in personal details and NEET 2023 information.
- Step 4: Upload Documents: Submit scanned copies of the required documents.
- Step 5: Pay Fee: If applicable, pay the registration fee online.
- Step 6: Submit: Review your details and submit the application.
- Step 7: Print Acknowledgment: Keep a printout of the acknowledgment or application form.
- Step 8: Attend Document Verification: Go to the assigned center with original documents and photocopies.
- Step 9: Wait for Merit List: Await the release of the merit list based on NEET 2023 scores
Step 1: NEET 2023 Result Declaration
- The counseling process for Maharashtra NEET 2023 will begin after the announcement of the NEET 2023 results.
Step 2: Registration and Application
- Candidates who have qualified in NEET 2023 and meet the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra state will need to register for counseling.
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra or the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) to access the registration portal.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET roll number, and other required information.
- Pay the counseling registration fee, if applicable.
Step 3: Document Verification
- After successful registration, candidates need to appear for document verification at designated centers.
- Carry all the necessary original documents along with photocopies for verification. Commonly required documents include NEET scorecard, Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, domicile certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), etc.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- Once the document verification is completed, the conducting authority will publish the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared based on NEET 2023 scores and other eligibility criteria set by the state.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates listed in the merit list can log in to the counseling portal to exercise their choice filling for colleges and courses.
- Browse through the available options and choose the desired medical/dental colleges and courses in the order of preference.
- After finalizing the choices, candidates must lock their preferences before the specified deadline.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit rank and choices filled by the candidates, the seat allotment process will begin.
- The seat allotment result will be published on the official website.
- Candidates who are allocated seats must download the allotment letter and proceed with the next steps.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Carry all the necessary documents in original for verification at the college.
Step 8: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, there may be a second round of counseling.
- Eligible candidates can participate in this round and follow the same procedure as the first round.
Step 9: Mop-Up Round (if applicable)
- In case of any remaining vacant seats, a mop-up round may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who have not been allotted any seats in previous rounds or those who are eligible for the mop-up round can participate.
Step 10: Admission and Commencement of Classes
- After the mop-up round, the admission process will conclude.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats need to complete the admission formalities, pay the fees, and start attending classes as per the schedule.
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the name of the candidate (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be conducting the counseling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges, and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER, Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and an additional Round known as the Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For Undergraduate Courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an Equivalent Graduate degree candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Cut-Off 2023 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
MBBS College Predictor
The MBBS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical school of their choice. The MBBS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MBBS Admission Consultant
MBBS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha|
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha
- Address: P.O. Sevagram, Distt. Wardha, Maharashtra Sevagram
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: www.mgims.ac.in
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the official website for Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences?
The official website of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is https://www.mgims.ac.in/
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at MGIMS?
There are 100 seats available for MBBS students at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences.
Is Mgims a government institution?
MGIMS Wardha is a government-aided medical college funded in part by the central government, in part by the Maharashtra government, and in part by the Kasturba Health Society.
How do I get admittance into Wardha Medical College?
Admission to this course is based on the results of the NEET UG exam, which is followed by counseling. There are a total of 100 seats available for this programme, with DMER, Maharashtra filling 50 of them and DGHS, New Delhi filling the remaining 50 through All India Counseling.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Is Mgims Wardha a deemed university?
MGIMS WARDHA is, indeed, a deemed university.
What is the location of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences?
The address of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is P.O. Sevagram, Distt. Wardha, Maharashtra Sevagram
When was MGIMS launched?
MGIMS was launched in the year of 1969.
Which university is affiliated with MGIMS?
MGIMS is affiliated with MUHS.
What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
A candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to be eligible for NEET PG 2022. At the time of admission, such candidates must have an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.