Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Latur is a medical school in Latur, Maharashtra, India. M.I.M.S.R. Medical College was founded in 1990 in a small section of Rajarshi Shahu College, with an annual intake of 100 students for the MBBS undergraduate course, and moved to its current location on Ambajogai Road in 1992, with 95 acres of land. It is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and also has the recognition from the National Medical Commission (NMC).
The college and hospital’s unique features include a digital library, central suction and oxygen supply, generator backup, and an electrical sub-center. It also has a well-established Department of Medical Education and a Quality Management System Cell and was awarded ISO 9001-2000 in July 2004 by American Quality Assessors (AQA). It also has the Zonal sub-center for medical education, which is sponsored by M.U.H.S. Nashik.
|Name of Institute||Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Latur|
|Popular Name||MIMSR Latur|
|Year of Establishment||1990|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Vishwanathpuram, Ambajogai Road, Latur- 413 531 Maharashtra, INDIA|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Aid Status and Recognition
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Buildings: MIMSR is likely to have well-designed academic buildings with classrooms, lecture halls, and tutorial rooms to facilitate interactive learning and teaching sessions.
- Library: The institute may have a well-stocked library with a vast collection of medical textbooks, journals, research papers, and digital resources. The library would provide students and faculty access to the latest medical information and research.
- Laboratories: MIMSR would likely have advanced laboratories equipped with modern medical equipment to provide practical training to students in various medical disciplines.
- Teaching Hospital: MIMSR is likely associated with a teaching hospital that provides medical services to the community and serves as a training ground for students. The hospital is expected to have various departments with state-of-the-art medical facilities and technology.
- Hostel Accommodation: MIMSR may offer hostel accommodation for students, especially those coming from distant places. These hostels would provide a safe and comfortable living environment for students.
- Recreational Facilities: The campus might have recreational facilities such as sports grounds, gymnasiums, and common areas where students can relax and engage in extracurricular activities.
- Research Facilities: The research center at MIMSR is likely to support various medical research projects. It may include research labs, equipment, and resources to encourage faculty and students to participate in research activities.
- Student Support Services: The institute would likely offer student support services, including counseling, career guidance, academic advising, and mentorship programs.
- Cafeteria and Dining: There may be a cafeteria or dining hall on the campus, providing meals and refreshments for students and staff.
- Transportation: The institute might provide transportation facilities for students and staff, especially for those commuting between the campus and the hospital.
- Auditoriums and Conference Halls: MIMSR may have auditoriums and conference halls for hosting lectures, seminars, conferences, and other academic and research events.
Faculty and Staff
- Teaching Faculty: The teaching faculty at MIMSR is expected to include professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers. They are experts in various medical disciplines and are responsible for delivering lectures, conducting practical sessions, and guiding students in their academic pursuits.
- Medical Professionals: MIMSR is likely associated with a teaching hospital, so there are medical professionals who also serve as faculty members. These professionals include experienced doctors, specialists, surgeons, and other healthcare experts. They play a dual role, providing medical care to patients in the hospital and contributing to medical education.
- Research Scholars: The institute may have research scholars, post-doctoral researchers, research associates, and research assistants who actively participate in research projects and contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff at MIMSR handles the day-to-day operations of the institution. They are responsible for admissions, student affairs, finance, human resources, and other administrative tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the college and research center.
- Support Staff: The support staff at MIMSR includes lab technicians, nurses, librarians, IT professionals, and maintenance personnel. They provide crucial support to the faculty, students, and the overall infrastructure of the institution.
- Department Heads and Deans: Each academic department has a head or chairperson responsible for overseeing departmental activities. Additionally, there may be deans or administrators responsible for specific areas of the institution.
- Guest Lecturers and Visiting Faculty: MIMSR might invite guest lecturers and visiting faculty members who are experts in their fields to provide specialized knowledge and diverse perspectives to the students.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD- Physiology||03 Yrs||2|
|MD- Biochemistry||03 Yrs||1|
|MD-Community Medicine||03 Yrs||2|
|MS- Ophthalmology||03 Yrs||3|
|MS- ENT||03 Yrs||1|
|MS- OBGY||03 Yrs||4|
|MD- Pediatrics||03 Yrs||4|
|MD- Skin & VD||03 Yrs||4|
|MD-Radio Diagnosis||03 Yrs||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Latur
|Particulars||85% of Government Quota||15% NRI/ Against NRI Quota|
|Open category||OBC SEBC/EBC||+VINT/SBC|
|Eligibility Fee (University)||8,600/-||2,600/-|
|Caution Money Deposit for College (Refundable)||1,00,000/-||1,00,000/-|
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Latur
Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Address: Vishwanathpuram, Ambajogai Road, Latur- 413 531 Maharashtra, INDIA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official website: https://mimsr.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||MIMSR Latur|
For Undergraduate Courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MBBS College Predictor
The MBBS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical school of their choice. The MBBS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MBBS Admission Consultant
MBBS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries
Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- Step 1: Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the requirements for Maharashtra NEET Counseling 2023 (www.mahacet.org.).
- Step 2: Visit Official Website: Go to the official DMER Maharashtra or CET Cell Maharashtra website (www.mahacet.org).
- Step 3: Register: Click on “Registration” or “New User” and fill in personal details and NEET 2023 information.
- Step 4: Upload Documents: Submit scanned copies of the required documents.
- Step 5: Pay Fee: If applicable, pay the registration fee online.
- Step 6: Submit: Review your details and submit the application.
- Step 7: Print Acknowledgment: Keep a printout of the acknowledgment or application form.
- Step 8: Attend Document Verification: Go to the assigned center with original documents and photocopies.
- Step 9: Wait for Merit List: Await the release of the merit list based on NEET 2023 scores
Step 1: NEET 2023 Result Declaration
- The counseling process for Maharashtra NEET 2023 will begin after the announcement of the NEET 2023 results.
Step 2: Registration and Application
- Candidates who have qualified in NEET 2023 and meet the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra state will need to register for counseling.
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra or the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) to access the registration portal.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET roll number, and other required information.
- Pay the counseling registration fee, if applicable.
Step 3: Document Verification
- After successful registration, candidates need to appear for document verification at designated centers.
- Carry all the necessary original documents along with photocopies for verification. Commonly required documents include NEET scorecard, Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, domicile certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), etc.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- Once the document verification is completed, the conducting authority will publish the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared based on NEET 2023 scores and other eligibility criteria set by the state.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates listed in the merit list can log in to the counseling portal to exercise their choice filling for colleges and courses.
- Browse through the available options and choose the desired medical/dental colleges and courses in the order of preference.
- After finalizing the choices, candidates must lock their preferences before the specified deadline.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit rank and choices filled by the candidates, the seat allotment process will begin.
- The seat allotment result will be published on the official website.
- Candidates who are allocated seats must download the allotment letter and proceed with the next steps.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Carry all the necessary documents in original for verification at the college.
Step 8: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, there may be a second round of counseling.
- Eligible candidates can participate in this round and follow the same procedure as the first round.
Step 9: Mop-Up Round (if applicable)
- In case of any remaining vacant seats, a mop-up round may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who have not been allotted any seats in previous rounds or those who are eligible for the mop-up round can participate.
Step 10: Admission and Commencement of Classes
- After the mop-up round, the admission process will conclude.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats need to complete the admission formalities, pay the fees, and start attending classes as per the schedule.
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the name of the candidate (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
For PG Documents
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI.
What is the official website for MIMSR Latur?
The official website of MIMSR Latur is https://mimsr.edu.in/
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at MIMSR Latur?
There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at MIMSR Latur.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in MIMSR Latur?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the MIMSR Latur
Is MIMSR Latur a govt. or private medical college?
MIMSR Latur is a private medical college, affiliated with MUHS, Nashik and is approved by the Medical Council of India.
What is the location of MIMSR Latur?
The address of MIMSR Latur is Vishwanathpuram, Ambajogai Road, Latur- 413 531, MH.
When was MIMSR Latur launched?
MIMSR Latur was launched in the year of 1990 in a small section of Rajarshi Shahu College, and moved to its current location on Ambajogai Road in 1992.
What is the affiliated hospital name of this college?
Shri. Yeshwantrao Chavan Rural Hospital is the affiliated hospital with the campus.
How much area is covered by college & hospital?
The college and hospital have a total built area of 4,95,000 square feet.