SCB Dental College and Hospital Cuttack is a renowned dental institution located in Odisha. Established in 1984, has been providing the people of Odisha and the surrounding states with high-quality oral health care services with a steady flow of patients. It offers students a setting that is favorable for learning and research. Students from the institution have achieved success in a variety of dental science fields on a variety of national and international platforms. The college is affiliated with Utkal University and has recognition from the national Dental Commission.
The college provides a five-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program that includes a one-year internship as a requirement. A maximum of 100 students can enroll in the BDS program each year. The college also offers a number of postgraduate courses in dentistry, including Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs in nine specializations.
The college promotes extracurricular activities and offers plenty of opportunities for the student’s overall development in addition to academics. On campus, there are many clubs and societies where students can display their skills and talents, including the literary, sports, and cultural clubs.
The college has an active placement cell that aids students in finding employment after they have finished their studies. Success as a dentist has been attained by graduates of SCB Dental College both domestically and abroad. Due to its state-of-the-art facilities, highly skilled faculty, practical exposure to a range of dental treatments, emphasis on extracurricular activities, and scholarship programs, the college is a popular choice for students studying dentistry.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 BDS Internship
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 11 Counselling Process
- 12 Documents Required
- 13 Counselling Fee
- 14 Eligibility Criteria
- 15 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 16 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 17 NEET MDS Cut off 2023
- 18 SCB Dental College and Hospital , Cuttack Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 19 Contact Details
- 20 Ranking & Reputation
- 21 NEET College Predictors
- 22 NEET Rank Predictors
- 23 Expert Admission Consultants
- 24 Frequently Asked Questions
- 24.1 Q: What courses are offered at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
- 24.2 Q: Is SCB Dental College and Hospital affiliated to any university?
- 24.3 Q: What is the admission process for BDS and MDS courses at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
- 24.4 Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide dental care services to the public?
- 24.5 Q: What are the research facilities available at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
- 24.6 Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide hostel facilities to its students?
- 24.7 Q: What are the extracurricular activities available at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
- 24.8 Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide internships to its students?
- 24.9 Q: What are the career prospects after completing the BDS and MDS courses at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
|Name of Institute||SCB Dental College and Hospital Cuttack|
|Popular Name||SCBDH, Cuttack|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Counselling conducting authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||BDS AND MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Manglabag, Professors Colony, Cuttack, Odisha 753007|
Email ID : email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Utkal University
- Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Government
The SCB Dental College and Hospital in Cuttack is well-equipped with contemporary facilities to offer its students and patients top-notch dental education and care. Modern college facilities provide the perfect setting for learning and professional development for students.. Here are some of the facilities available at the college:
- Clinical facilities: SCB Dental College and Hospital has a well-equipped clinic that provides dental care to patients from the surrounding areas. The clinic is staffed with experienced dentists who are dedicated to providing quality care to patients.
- Laboratories: The college has various laboratories, including a pre-clinical lab, a dental materials lab, and a pathology lab. These labs are equipped with modern equipment and materials, providing students with practical training in dental procedures.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and reference materials. The library is open to students and faculty and provides access to online resources.
- Lecture halls: The college has well-equipped lecture halls with audio-visual aids to facilitate the teaching-learning process. These lecture halls are spacious and comfortable, providing an ideal learning environment for students.
- Hostels: The college provides separate hostels for male and female students. The hostels are well-maintained and provide comfortable accommodation to students. The hostels have facilities such as mess, common rooms, and sports facilities.
- Sports facilities: The college has a playground and sports facilities such as indoor and outdoor games. The sports facilities help students to stay physically active and healthy.
- Research facilities: The college has research facilities to encourage research in the field of dentistry. The college encourages its faculty and students to engage in research activities and provides the necessary facilities and equipment.
- Department Of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department Of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Department Of Pedodontics And Preventive Dentistry
- Department Of Oral Medicine And Radiology
- Department Of Periodontics And Implantology
- Department Of Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Dept Of Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Department Of Prosthodontics And Crown & Bridge
- Department Of Public Health Dentistry
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty and staff of SCB Dental College and Hospital, Cuttack, are experienced and dedicated to providing quality education and dental care to students and patients. The faculty comprises professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers who have extensive knowledge and experience in their respective fields of dentistry. The staff includes administrative and support staff who provide assistance in various departments.
- The faculty members are responsible for delivering lectures, conducting practical sessions, and supervising clinical activities. They use modern teaching methodologies and techniques to ensure that the students receive the best education possible. The faculty members also participate in research activities and publish research papers in reputed journals.
- The administrative staff of the college ensures the smooth functioning of the institution. They manage various departments such as admission, examination, finance, and student welfare. They also maintain records and documentation related to the college’s operations.
- The support staff includes lab technicians, dental assistants, and other personnel who assist the faculty and students in various activities. They play a vital role in maintaining the equipment, materials, and facilities required for teaching and learning.
- In addition to their academic and professional responsibilities, the faculty and staff of SCB Dental College and Hospital are also involved in various extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and community service programs. They encourage the students to participate in these activities to develop their overall personality and leadership skills.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||63|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Specialization||Duration||Number of Seats|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||3|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 Years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 Years||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years||3|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 Years||3|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 Years||3|
|MDS Oral Medicine and Radiology||3 Years||3|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years||3|
For UG Course
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG courses
|Admission Fees (One Time)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 22,000/-|
|EW Charges (Per Annum)||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Fees for SBAB (Per Annum)||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Hostel Fund (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Security Deposit (One Time)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Common Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Other Fees (Per Annum)||Rs, 27,950/-|
|Caution Money (One Time)||Rs. 2,000/-|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MDS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5: Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8: Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9: Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10: Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11: Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
For PG Courses
- BDS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET MDS 2023 admit card.
- NEET MDS 2023 scorecard.
- Final BDS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NDC.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses|
NEET MDS Cut off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
SCB Dental College and Hospital , Cuttack Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||2nd Extended Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – SG (State Govt School)||65119||526||63582||528||63582||528||—||—|
|UR – GC (Green Card) Cutoff||40586||563||51641||546||59913||533||122894||454|
|UR – EX (Ex-Servicemen)||—||—||58026||536||58026||536||123702||453|
|UR – PH||877405||117||—||—||—||—||—||–|
|EWS – SG (State Govt School)||55277||540||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – GC (Green Card)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – EX,PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|SC – SG (State Govt School)||154568||422||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – SG (State Govt School)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – GC & EX||848723||122||—||—||—||—||—||—|
SCB Dental College and Hospital , Cuttack
- Address: Manglabag, Professors Colony, Cuttack, Odisha 753007
- Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://scbdental.nic.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SCB Dental College and Hospital , Cuttack|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses are offered at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
A: SCB Dental College and Hospital offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in dentistry. The undergraduate course is Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), and the postgraduate courses are Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) in various specialties such as Oral Medicine and Radiology, Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Q: Is SCB Dental College and Hospital affiliated to any university?
A: Yes, SCB Dental College and Hospital is affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
Q: What is the admission process for BDS and MDS courses at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
A: The admission process for BDS and MDS courses at SCB Dental College and Hospital is based on the scores obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects to be eligible for the BDS course. For the MDS course, candidates must have a BDS degree from a recognized institution.
Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide dental care services to the public?
A: Yes, SCB Dental College and Hospital provides dental care services to the public through its clinics. The clinics are staffed with experienced dentists who provide quality care to patients from the surrounding areas.
Q: What are the research facilities available at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
A: SCB Dental College and Hospital has research facilities to encourage research in the field of dentistry. The college encourages its faculty and students to engage in research activities and provides the necessary facilities and equipment. The college has various laboratories, including a pre-clinical lab, a dental materials lab, and a pathology lab, which are equipped with modern equipment and materials for research purposes.
Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide hostel facilities to its students?
A: Yes, SCB Dental College and Hospital provides separate hostels for male and female students. The hostels are well-maintained and provide comfortable accommodation to students. The hostels have facilities such as mess, common rooms, and sports facilities.
Q: What are the extracurricular activities available at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
A: SCB Dental College and Hospital encourages its students to participate in various extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and community service programs. The college has a playground and sports facilities such as indoor and outdoor games. The extracurricular activities help students to develop their overall personality and leadership skills.
Q: Does SCB Dental College and Hospital provide internships to its students?
A: Yes, SCB Dental College and Hospital provides internships to its BDS students in the final year of the course. The internship is a compulsory part of the BDS course, and it is conducted for a period of one year. During the internship, students gain practical experience by working in the college’s clinics.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing the BDS and MDS courses at SCB Dental College and Hospital?
A: After completing the BDS course, students can work as dentists in government and private hospitals or clinics. They can also start their own private practice. After completing the MDS course, students can work as specialists in various fields of dentistry. They can also pursue further studies such as PhD or take up teaching jobs in dental colleges.