Dental colleges in Orissa offer extensive and thorough education in the field of dentistry with an emphasis on the growth and developmental research in the field. Dental education at dental colleges in Orissa is well-structured and provides students with the theoretical and practical knowledge required to become successful dental professionals. The colleges are affiliated to various universities and follow the curriculum prescribed by the National Dental Commission.
To keep students informed of the most recent developments in dentistry, dental colleges in Orissa also offer continuing education courses and workshops in addition to the regular curriculum. The colleges also give students the chance to participate in research projects and advance the field of dentistry.
The placement rate of Orissa’s dental schools is quite high, with many students accepting job offers from reputable clinics, hospitals, and private practices. Additionally, the colleges train and advise students on how to participate in competitive exams for government jobs.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Orrisa a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 7 Counselling Process
- 8 Documents Required
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 Eligibility Criteria
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 12 NEET College Predictors
- 13 NEET Rank Predictors
- 14 Expert Admission Consultants
- 15 Participating Dental Colleges
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 17 Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
- 18 Q. What are the popular undergraduate courses offered by dental colleges in Orrisa?
- 19 Q. What are the popular postgraduate courses offered by dental colleges in Orrisa?
- 20 Q. What is the duration of undergraduate dental courses in Orrisa?
- 21 Q. What is the duration of postgraduate dental courses in Orrisa?
- 22 Q. What is the fee structure for dental courses in Orrisa?
- 23 Q. Are the dental colleges in Orrisa recognized by the National Dental Commission?
- 24 Q. What is the age limit for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
- 25 Q. Is there an entrance exam for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
- 26 Q. Can international students apply for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges In Orissa||Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS), SOA University, BhubaneswarKalinga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS), KIIT University, BhubaneswarHi-Tech Dental College and Hospital, BhubaneswarSCB Dental College, CuttackGandhi Dental College, Bhubaneswar||Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS), SOA University, BhubaneswarKalinga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS), KIIT University, BhubaneswarHi-Tech Dental College and Hospital, BhubaneswarSCB Dental College, CuttackGandhi Dental College, Bhubaneswar|
Why is Orrisa a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- Quality education: The state is home to some of the top dental colleges in India that offer quality education and training to students. These colleges have state-of-the-art infrastructure and are equipped with the latest dental technologies.
- Experienced faculty: Dental colleges in Odisha have experienced and well-qualified faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. They provide students with the necessary guidance and support to excel in their studies.
- Affordable education: The cost of education in dental colleges in Odisha is comparatively lower than other parts of the country, making it an affordable destination for dental aspirants.
- Scope for professional growth: The demand for dental professionals is increasing in Odisha due to the growing awareness of oral hygiene and dental care. Students who graduate from dental colleges in Odisha have ample opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5: Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8: Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9: Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10: Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11: Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Dental Colleges
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Orissa:
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|1||S.C.B. Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack||Utkal University||Government||1983||63||Rs. 76,450/-|
Private Dental Colleges in Orissa:
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|1||Hi-Tech Dental College & hospital, Bhubaneswar||Utkal University||Private||2006||100||Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|2||Institute of Dental Sciences, Bhubaneswar||Siksha “o” Anusandhan University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar||Private||2006||100||Rs. 5,50,000|
|3||Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences, Bhubaneswar||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar||Private||2007||100||Rs. 5,50,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa vary depending on the course and the college. However, in general, candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects and have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. They must also have appeared for NEET-UG for admission to undergraduate courses.
Q. What are the popular undergraduate courses offered by dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. Dental colleges in Orrisa offer Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDT) courses at the undergraduate level.
Q. What are the popular postgraduate courses offered by dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. Dental colleges in Orrisa offer Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) and Master of Dental Technology (MDT) courses at the postgraduate level.
Q. What is the duration of undergraduate dental courses in Orrisa?
A. The duration of undergraduate dental courses (BDS and BDT) in Orrisa is four years, followed by a one-year mandatory internship.
Q. What is the duration of postgraduate dental courses in Orrisa?
A. The duration of postgraduate dental courses (MDS and MDT) in Orrisa is three years.
Q. What is the fee structure for dental courses in Orrisa?
A. The fee structure for dental courses in Orrisa varies depending on the college and the course. However, the average fee for BDS and MDS courses ranges from Rs. 2-4 lakhs per year.
Q. Are the dental colleges in Orrisa recognized by the National Dental Commission?
A. Yes, all dental colleges in Orrisa are recognized by the National Dental CommissionStudents who complete their courses from these colleges are eligible to appear for the National Dental Commission screening test and practice dentistry in India.
Q. What is the age limit for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. There is no upper age limit for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa. However, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course and the college they are applying to.
Q. Is there an entrance exam for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. Yes, admission to dental colleges in Orrisa is based on NEET-UG for undergraduate courses and NEET-PG for postgraduate courses. Candidates must qualify the entrance exam and meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Q. Can international students apply for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa?
A. Yes, international students can apply for admission to dental colleges in Orrisa. However, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria and apply through the appropriate channels.