KPC Medical College and Hospital, Jadavpur was West Bengal’s first private-public partnership (PPP) model medical college. Kumud Shankar Ray founded it in the premises of Dr. K. S. Ray TB Hospital, which was founded by Dr. K. S. Ray himself in 2008. KPMCH is a society registered under Section 4(2) of the West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961, and is sponsored by renowned orthopaedic surgeon and medical entrepreneur Dr. Kali Pradip Chaudhuri, who founded the institute.
Admission to this college is through central counseling and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – UG (NEET-UG) for 50 government quota seats and 77 odd management quota seats. There is also provision for NRI admissions for 23 seats, bringing the total strength to 150.
The college is affiliated with the Government of West Bengal’s West Bengal University of Health Sciences. and is approved by the National Medical Commission.
KPC Medical College Jadavpur is committed to providing expertise in respective fields as well as the ability to operate high-tech precision. KPC envisions knowledge-based education and latest-unique treatment that is affordable to all segments of their society.
KPCMCH Kolkata is located at 22C, Raja Subodh Chandra Mallick Road, Santi Pally, Jadavpur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700032. The college is about 1 km from Jadabpur Railway Station. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is approximately 27 kilometres away, and 41 Howrah – Layalka Bus Depot is approximately 1 kilometres away. To get to the institution, candidates can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw.
Let us take a summarize facts about KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur
|Name of Institute||KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur|
|Popular Name||KPCMCH Kolkata, KPC Medical College Jadavpur|
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: 1F, Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, W.B., India|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Private
KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur offers Medical course as:
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|No. of Seats||50||77||23|
PG Course (MD/ MS) – 3 Years Duration.
|MD (General Medicine)||10|
|MD (Community Medicine)||2|
|MD (General Surgery)||5|
|MD (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)||3|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%).
c) Entrance Test: NEET-U.G. (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST). Admission will be granted based on the results of the entrance examination.
Admission Criteria: All seats are assigned based on the results of the PG-NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST. (PG-NEET)
The candidate must have completed an MBBS from a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi, and completion of internship (12 months) on or before March 31st.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET-PG is required, while for reserved category candidates, a minimum of 40 percentile is required.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
Admission to this institute is based entirely on merit. Previously, undergraduate admission was through WBJEE and AIPMT. NEET has been the sole entrance test for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
All India quota accounts for 15% of undergraduate seats, while state quota accounts for 85% of undergraduate seats.
Half of postgraduate seats are filled through all India quotas, with the remainder filled through state quotas.
As for UG courses, NEET-UG is an entrance exam that students must pass in order to be admitted to this college for MBBS.
For PG courses on the other hand, in order to be admitted to the MD, MS Courses at this College, students must first pass the NEET PG.
For UG – MBBS:
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Students must go to the Health and Family Welfare Department’s official website and fill out the application form.
- Print the application form and fill out all of the required information.
- Submit the completed application form, along with the DD for the application fee and the required documents, to the Health and Family Welfare Department’s office.
For PG – MD/MS:
Admission to the post graduate courses is through NEET-PG conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Students must sign up for NEET PG registration.
- The applicants must then create a login profile and fill out all of the required personal and educational information.
- Students must provide a valid contact information, a signature, and copies of their photographs.
- The students must then select a test slot and schedule that works best for them.
- Finally, they must pay the applicable application fee online based on their category.
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur
|Course(MBBS)||State Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|Tuition Fees per Semester||13,50,00/-||54,00,000/-||1,50,00,000/-|
|Admission fees (One Time, Non-Refundable)||50,000/-|
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||25,000/-|
|Hostel- Rs. 4000/- Per Month|
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur
|Particulars||State Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|Total Fees to be paid on admission||7,75,000/-||23,75,000/-||2,00,75,000/-|
|Bond Amount for discontinuation||18,00,000/-||69,00,000/-||–|
Last Year’s Opening and Closing Rank
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|MD Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||SC||16208||16208|
NEET Counseling process
West Bengal Main Computerized Counseling will release the prospectus and schedule for MBBS state quota admission after the NEET 2023 results are released. Its website address is https://wbmcc.nic.in, and an online application form must be completed on the website. This allows for online first phase counseling, online second phase counseling, and offline mop up round counseling. Online counseling fees for the UR category are Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 1500/- for the SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD/EWS categories.
The first phase’s seat allocation is done online. If they acquire a seat allotment in the first round after filling out the form, they must go to college and enrol. It is possible to upgrade after taking admission on the first round’s allotted seat. To upgrade it, they must express their readiness to participate in the second round of admission.
Fresh registration is allowed a fresh in the second round. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. Seat allocation is also done online in the second round. In the second round, all registered candidates will have to make a new selection. If a candidate joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they is ineligible to compete in the third round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Mop up round
Candidates who did not register in the first and second rounds may register again in this round. Whoever’s candidate did not get a seat in the first or second round is eligible for this. If a candidate’s seat was not upgraded in the second round and they expressed a wish to participate in the Mop up round at the time of first round admission, they are eligible to participate in the Candidate Mop up round. If a candidate’s seat was upgraded in the second round and they expressed a wish to participate in the mop up round at the time of second round admission, they are eligible to participate in the candidate mop up round. Candidates who received a fresh allotment in the second round and expressed a willingness to participate in the Mop up round at the time of second round admission are eligible to participate in the Candidate Mop up round. Non-reported and seat surrendered candidates are ineligible to compete in the mop up round.
Stray Vacancy round
This round is held to fill vacant seats at private medical and dental colleges, with seats filled by the Concerned College. If candidate did not register for this college round the first time, they can do so now. On the day of counseling, the candidate must appear at any one college with College Fees, Bond Original Documents.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
For State Quota
- Acknowledgement slip generated online after successful enrollment in pre- counseling.
- Domicile certificate (al, a2, b) or domicile certificate from e-district website
- Voter card/Aadhar card/Passport of parent/s in case of domicile certificate of parent is given showing addresses West Bengal (any 2 of the three ID cards)
- Caste certificate as applicable. ( issued in the State of West Bengal)
- NEET UG 2022 admit card.
- NEET UG 2022 Rank card.
- PwD certificate issued from IPGMER Kolkata as applicable
- Payment of counseling fees proof (generated online).
- Class 10+2 mark sheet for verification of marks and 10+2 certificate
- Medical Certificate ( from Registered Allopathic Medical Practitioner) .
- Provisional allotment letter generated from www.wbmcc.nic.in website by allotted candidate.
- NRI Documents to verify NRI status (wherever applicable)
- Transfer certificate / College Leaving Certificate from the Institution in which you had studied last
- Migration Certificate (Wherever applicable)
For Management Quota
- Acknowledgement slip generated online after successful enrollment in precounseling.
- NEET UG 2022admit card.
- NEET UG 2022 Rank card.
- Payment of counseling fees proof (generated online)
- Class 10+2 mark sheet for verification of marks and 10+2 certificate
- Medical Certificate ( from Registered Allopathic Medical Practitioner)
- Provisional allotment letter generated from www.wbmcc.nic.in website by allotted candidate
- 10th Passing Certificate/Birth Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Statement of Mark Sheet of I, II, III MBBS Examination
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Passport size Photographs 4 copies.
- Conference room
- Computer & Internet facilities
Hospital of KPC Medical College & Hospital, Jadavpur
It is South Asia’s first and the state’s only specialised tuberculosis hospital, which Mahatma Gandhi visited for the last time on August 26, 1947. Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhas Chandra Bose were both regular visitors to the hospital.
The revolutionary thoracic surgeon founded a four-bed sanatorium in 1922, and with funds donated by a landed aristocrat named Provash Ghosh, who passed away from the illness and left Ray his entire fortune of INR160000 (US$2,500) to establish the hospital and buy the 65-acre site, it grew to a 750-bed facility.
In 1977, the Left Front government acquired the hospital through an ordinance. Sukanta Bhattacharya, a young poet, died of tuberculosis at the Jadavpur T. B. Hospital (later, K. S. Roy T. B. Hospital) in Calcutta.
Their patients and their families are provided with the best service and the assurance of safety in a comfortable context. KPCMCHS is also a prefered provider for all major insurers and corporations seeking quality healthcare.
Unlike engineering colleges, MBBS colleges do not have a placement system. After one year of rotatory housemanship at any approved medical council college, students receive their permanent practising number.
KPCMCH provides a monthly stipend of Rs.12,500. After internships, students have the option of continuing their education, becoming junior residents in various departments, becoming ICU RMOs or emergency medical officers, or going into rural services.
Everyone who passed the final professional exams qualified to work as an intern in various departments to gain experience.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||KPCMCH Kolkata|
KPC Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
1F, Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, W.B., India
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Official Website: http://kpcmedicalcollege.org/
What is the official website for KPC Medical College and Hospital?
How many government seats are available at the KPC Medical College?
For 50 government quota seats and 77 or so management quota seats, admission to this college is by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – UG (NEET-UG), which is administered through central counseling.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in KPC Medical College and Hospital?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the KPC Medical College and Hospital.
How to Get Admission to KPC Medical College for MBBS?
Management quota seats are available to NEET qualified students from across India who are registered with WBMCC. MBBS students seeking admission to MD/MS programmes at KPC Medical College and Hospital must take the National Entrance Postgraduate Medical [NEET- PG] entrance exams.
When was KPC Medical College launched?
KPC Medical College was launched in the year of 2008.
What is the admission fee for MBBS at KPC Medical college?
The admission fee payment for once is Rs. 50000/- for MBBS course which is non-refunded.
What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
A candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to be eligible for NEET PG 2022. At the time of admission, such candidates must have an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.