Institute of Naval Medicine Mumbai, founded in 1972, has established itself as a respected institution in the fields of medical education and healthcare. It is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik and has been recognised by the National Medical Commission.
The Institute of Naval Medicine’s excellent faculty is one of its defining features. With a team of highly trained and experienced professors, the institute is completely committed to cultivating its students’ intellectual progress and practical abilities. Their dedication guarantees that students obtain the best possible education in the field of medicine.
When it comes to medical education and treatment, the Institute of Naval Medicine stands out as a symbol of unchangeable devotion to excellence. Its mission is to cultivate a new generation of healthcare professionals that not only possess profound knowledge but also exude profound compassion and are driven by an unwavering commitment to patient care. This unwavering dedication characterises the institute in its endeavour to shape the future of healthcare.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Institute of Navel Medicine Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 11 Institute of Navel Medicine Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 14 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 MD College Predictor
- 18 MD Admission Consultant
- 19 MS College Predictor
- 20 MS Admission Consultant
- 21 FAQs
- 22 What is the Institute of Naval Medicine, INHS Aswini, Mumbai?
- 23 When was the Institute of Naval Medicine, INHS Aswini, established?
- 24 What courses are offered at the Institute of Naval Medicine, Mumbai?
- 25 Is the Institute of Naval Medicine recognized by the government and relevant medical authorities?
- 26 Are there hostel facilities available for students at the Institute of Naval Medicine?
- 27 Does the institute have a library and research facilities for students and faculty?
- 28 How is the faculty and staff at the Institute of Naval Medicine qualified?
|Name of Institute||Institute of Navel Medicine Mumbai|
|Popular Name||INM, Mumbai|
|Year of Establishment||1972|
|Affiliated||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD & MS Course|
|Contact Details||Address: Asvini, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
The Institute of Naval Medicine in Mumbai is equipped with a range of comprehensive facilities to support its mission of delivering high-quality medical education and healthcare services. These facilities play a pivotal role in providing students with the resources and environment needed to excel in their medical studies and training. Here are some key facilities at the institute:
- Modern Lecture Halls: The institute provides well-furnished and technologically equipped lecture halls for academic instruction and knowledge sharing.
- Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories offer students hands-on experience in various medical disciplines, helping them develop essential clinical skills.
- Library: The institute’s library houses an extensive collection of medical literature, research materials, and reference texts, providing students and faculty with access to a wealth of information.
- Hospital Infrastructure: Being affiliated with a naval hospital, the institute offers access to a world-class hospital infrastructure, allowing students to gain real-world experience in clinical settings.
- Research Facilities: The institute encourages research and innovation, offering research facilities and resources to support students and faculty in their academic and scientific endeavors.
- Hostel Accommodation: For students coming from other cities or regions, the institute provides comfortable hostel facilities, ensuring a conducive living and learning environment.
- Recreational Areas: Campus includes recreational spaces where students can relax, unwind, and engage in extracurricular activities to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
- Medical Simulation Center: A dedicated center for medical simulation allows students to practice and refine their clinical skills in a controlled and realistic environment.
- Student Support Services: The institute offers student support services, including counseling, career guidance, and academic assistance to ensure students’ overall well-being and success.
- Patient Care Facilities: With its affiliation with a naval hospital, the institute emphasizes the importance of patient care, enabling students to observe and participate in the delivery of medical services.
- Auditoriums and Conference Rooms: These spaces are available for seminars, conferences, and academic events, fostering an environment for intellectual exchange and discussion.
- Medical Equipment and Technology: Access to advanced medical equipment and technology ensures that students are trained with the latest tools and practices in the medical field.
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria offers a variety of food options to cater to the nutritional needs of students and staff.
- Security Services: The institute maintains a robust security system to ensure the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and visitors.
Faculty and Staff
The Institute of Naval Medicine in Mumbai prides itself on its dedicated faculty and staff, who are instrumental in furthering the institution’s mission of providing top-notch medical education and healthcare services. The faculty and staff at the institute are committed to nurturing the talents of their students and ensuring the smooth functioning of the institution. Here’s an overview of the key members of the faculty and staff:
- Professors and Lecturers: The institute’s faculty consists of accomplished professors and lecturers who are experts in various medical disciplines. They are responsible for delivering lectures, conducting research, and guiding students in their academic and professional journeys.
- Clinical Instructors: Clinical instructors play a crucial role in providing hands-on training to students in hospital and clinical settings. They help students develop practical skills and gain real-world experience in patient care.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative team manages the day-to-day operations of the institute, including admissions, scheduling, and administrative tasks to ensure smooth functioning.
- Library and Information Specialists: These professionals oversee the institute’s library and information resources, assisting students and faculty in accessing research materials and literature.
- Student Support Services: Counselors, academic advisors, and career guidance counselors offer support to students, addressing their academic, personal, and career-related needs.
- Technicians and Lab Assistants: Technicians and lab assistants are responsible for the maintenance and management of laboratories, ensuring a safe and efficient learning environment for students.
- Hospital Staff: Being affiliated with a naval hospital, students have the opportunity to interact with and learn from a diverse group of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and allied health staff.
- Security Personnel: Security staff ensures the safety and security of the campus, creating a secure environment for students, faculty, and visitors.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff: Maintenance and housekeeping personnel are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the campus, contributing to a conducive learning and working environment.
- Cafeteria and Catering Team: The cafeteria and catering staff provide nourishing meals and refreshments for students and staff.
- Technical and IT Support: IT professionals ensure that the institute’s technological infrastructure runs smoothly, offering technical support for academic and administrative needs.
- Sports and Fitness Instructors: Instructors promote physical fitness and organize sports and fitness activities for students and staff, emphasizing a healthy lifestyle.
Course offers for PG Course
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||1|
|MD – Marine Medicine||3 years||2|
|MS – ENT||3 years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||6|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||3|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||3|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||10|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||3|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years||4|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|Fee Category||Tuition Fees|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|NRI Status||Not eligible, except for NRI quota seats in unaided private and private minority medical colleges (maximum 15%)|
|Education||Completed MBBS from a college in Maharashtra affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences Act, 1998 or a medical college affiliated with a deemed university under the University Grant Commission Act of 1956 (Section 13/A), and completed or likely to complete one-year internship by September 30, 2023.|
|Medical Registration||Provisional or permanent registration from the National Medical Commission (NMC)/erstwhile MCI or Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) or other state council required|
|NEET-PG Exam||Must have appeared for NEET-PG 2023 and declared eligible by the competent authority of NEET-PG 2023, Government of India, New Delhi|
|Minimum Marks||General and EWS categories: 50th percentile, Constitutional reservation and PWD categories: 40th percentile, PWD from general and EWS categories: 45th percentile.|
|Medical Fitness||Must be medically fit.|
|Document Verification||Registration certificate and relevant certificates for reservation categories required at the time of document verification process.|
|Revised Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility criteria decided by NMC/Government of India if revised will be applicable from time to time.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates who are eligible for Maharashtra PG NEET Counselling need to register themselves online through the official website (https://cetcell.net.in/).
Step 2: Payment of Registration Fees
Candidates need to pay the non-refundable registration fees through the online mode.
|Registration Fees (Non Refundable)||Rs. 3000/-|
Step 3: Document Verification
After successful registration, candidates need to visit the designated verification center for document verification. Candidates must carry all the original documents and their photocopies as mentioned in the information brochure.
Step 4: Choice Filling and Locking
Once the document verification is done, candidates need to fill in their preferences of courses and colleges in which they wish to take admission. Candidates must carefully fill in their choices and lock them before the given deadline.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
Based on the rank obtained in NEET-PG 2023 and the choices filled by the candidates, the seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College
Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to the respective college within the given deadline, along with the required documents and fees.
Step 7: Second and Third Rounds of Counselling
If there are still vacant seats available, second and third rounds of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who did not get a seat in the first round or want to upgrade their seats can participate in these rounds.
Step 8: Final Reporting
Finally, candidates who have taken admission to the allotted college need to report back to the college for the commencement of the academic session
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Institute of Navel Medicine, Mumbai|
Institute of Navel Medicine, Mumbai
- Address: Asvini, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://indiannavy.nic.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
MS College Predictor
MS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which Medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Surgery (MS) programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MS Admission Consultant
An MS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Surgery (MS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
The Institute of Naval Medicine, INHS Aswini, Mumbai is a prestigious medical institution that offers a range of medical courses and is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
The institute was founded in 1972 and has since been dedicated to medical education and healthcare services.
The institute offers a variety of medical courses including MS, MD, Diploma, and more. These courses cover a range of medical specialties.
Yes, the institute is recognized and affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and is recognized by relevant authorities for medical education.
Yes, the institute provides hostel accommodations for students, especially those coming from other cities.
Does the institute have a library and research facilities for students and faculty?
Yes, the institute offers a library and research facilities to support the academic and research needs of students and faculty.
The institute boasts a qualified and experienced faculty dedicated to nurturing the academic growth of students and maintaining high educational standards.