Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai, founded in 1952, has become a recognised institution committed to medical education and treatment. This prominent institution is associated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik and has National Medical Commission certification.
The fundamental goal of Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences is to give its students with excellent medical education. Their teaching method is intended to foster not only vital medical knowledge and abilities, but also a vision for a brighter future.
This institution is distinguished by its dedication to meeting the medical needs of people from all socioeconomic backgrounds. The institute is committed to the principle of equality, believing that high-quality medical treatment should be available to both the wealthy and the neglected.
An constant emphasis on patient care is at the heart of their ideology. They realise that exceptional healthcare goes beyond diagnosis and treatment and includes understanding, compassion, and a deep commitment to patient well-being.
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences has approximately seven decades of experience in medical education and healthcare. Their future purpose is to produce healthcare professionals who are not just highly talented and knowledgeable, but also truly compassionate, ensuring their patients’ optimal health and care.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 11 Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 14 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 MD College Predictor
- 18 MD Admission Consultant
- 19 MS College Predictor
- 20 MS Admission Consultant
- 21 FAQs
- 22 What is Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai?
- 23 Is Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences affiliated with any university?
- 24 When was Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences founded?
- 25 What courses are offered at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 26 Does the institute offer hostel accommodation for students from out of town?
- 27 What facilities are available for students on campus?
- 28 Is the institute recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 29 Does Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences provide patient care services?
|Name of Institute||Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai|
|Popular Name||BHIMS, Mumbai|
|Year of Establishment||1952|
|Affiliated||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD & MS Course|
|Contact Details||Address: 12, Vitthaldas Thackersey Marg, near Liberty cinema, New Marine Lines, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, located in Mumbai, is equipped with a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art facilities to support its mission of providing quality medical education and healthcare services. Here are some of the key facilities offered by the institution:
- Modern Lecture Halls: The institute boasts well-equipped lecture halls that provide an ideal environment for academic learning and knowledge dissemination.
- Laboratories: Cutting-edge laboratories are available for practical training in various medical disciplines, allowing students to gain hands-on experience and develop essential clinical skills.
- Library: The institution’s library is a treasure trove of medical literature, research papers, and reference materials, providing students and faculty with access to a wealth of information.
- Hospital Infrastructure: As a part of the prestigious Bombay Hospital, the institute has access to a world-class hospital infrastructure. This allows students to observe and participate in real clinical settings, enhancing their understanding of patient care.
- Research Facilities: The institute encourages research and innovation, offering research facilities and resources to support students and faculty in their academic pursuits.
- Hostel Accommodation: For students from out of town, the institute provides comfortable hostel facilities, ensuring a conducive living environment for focused studies.
- Recreational Areas: The campus includes recreational areas where students can unwind and engage in extracurricular activities to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
- Medical Simulation Center: The institute may feature a medical simulation center where students can practice and refine their clinical skills in a safe and controlled environment.
- Student Support Services: Facilities include counseling services, career guidance, and academic support to assist students in their educational journey.
- Patient Care Facilities: As a healthcare-focused institution, patient care is a top priority. The institute provides advanced patient care facilities, contributing to a holistic medical education experience.
- Auditoriums and Conference Rooms: These are available for seminars, conferences, and academic events, fostering an environment for intellectual exchange and discussion.
- Medical Equipment and Technology: Access to cutting-edge medical equipment and technology ensures that students are trained with the latest advancements in the field.
- Sports and Fitness Facilities: Physical fitness is encouraged, and facilities for sports and fitness activities are provided to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria offering a variety of food options is available, ensuring that students and staff have access to nourishing meals.
- Security Services: The institute ensures the safety and security of students, faculty, and visitors with well-organized security services.
Faculty and Staff
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences in Mumbai takes pride in its distinguished faculty and dedicated staff members who play a pivotal role in the institution’s mission to provide exceptional medical education and healthcare services. The faculty and staff at the institute are committed to nurturing the next generation of healthcare professionals and ensuring the smooth operation of the institution. Here is an overview of the key members of the faculty and staff:
- Professors and Lecturers: The institute’s faculty includes experienced professors and lecturers who are experts in various medical disciplines. They are responsible for delivering lectures, conducting research, and guiding students in their academic and professional journeys.
- Clinical Instructors: Clinical instructors provide hands-on training to students in hospital settings, helping them develop practical skills and gain real-world experience in patient care.
- Research Scholars: Faculty members engaged in research activities contribute to the institute’s academic growth and the advancement of medical knowledge.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative team manages the day-to-day operations of the institute, handling admissions, scheduling, and administrative tasks.
- Library and Information Specialists: These professionals oversee the library and information resources, assisting students and faculty in accessing research materials and literature.
- Student Support Services: Counselors and academic advisors offer guidance and support to students, addressing their academic, career, and personal needs.
- Technicians and Lab Assistants: Technicians and lab assistants play a crucial role in maintaining and managing the laboratories, ensuring a safe and efficient learning environment.
- Hospital Staff: The institute’s affiliation with Bombay Hospital means that students have the opportunity to interact with and learn from a diverse group of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and allied health staff.
- Security Personnel: Security staff ensure the safety and security of the campus, creating a secure environment for students, faculty, and visitors.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff: These individuals are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the campus, contributing to a conducive learning and working environment.
- Cafeteria and Catering Team: The cafeteria and catering staff provide nourishing meals and refreshments for students and staff.
- Technical and IT Support: IT professionals ensure that the institute’s technological infrastructure runs smoothly, providing technical support for academic and administrative needs.
- Sports and Fitness Instructors: Instructors help promote physical fitness and organize sports and fitness activities for students and staff.
Course offers for PG Course
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||1|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||2|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||2|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||3|
|MD -Pediatrics||3 years||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||1|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|Fee Category||Tuition Fees|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|NRI Status||Not eligible, except for NRI quota seats in unaided private and private minority medical colleges (maximum 15%)|
|Education||Completed MBBS from a college in Maharashtra affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences Act, 1998 or a medical college affiliated with a deemed university under the University Grant Commission Act of 1956 (Section 13/A), and completed or likely to complete one-year internship by September 30, 2023.|
|Medical Registration||Provisional or permanent registration from the National Medical Commission (NMC)/erstwhile MCI or Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) or other state council required|
|NEET-PG Exam||Must have appeared for NEET-PG 2023 and declared eligible by the competent authority of NEET-PG 2023, Government of India, New Delhi|
|Minimum Marks||General and EWS categories: 50th percentile, Constitutional reservation and PWD categories: 40th percentile, PWD from general and EWS categories: 45th percentile.|
|Medical Fitness||Must be medically fit.|
|Document Verification||Registration certificate and relevant certificates for reservation categories required at the time of document verification process.|
|Revised Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility criteria decided by NMC/Government of India if revised will be applicable from time to time.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|General||MD General Medicine||71||895.00001|
|General||MS General Surgery||473||673|
|General||MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||460||1142|
|SC||MD General Medicine||1334||2048|
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|General||MD General Medicine||–||–|
|General||MS General Surgery||–||–|
|General||MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||–||–|
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates who are eligible for Maharashtra PG NEET Counselling need to register themselves online through the official website (https://cetcell.net.in/).
Step 2: Payment of Registration Fees
Candidates need to pay the non-refundable registration fees through the online mode.
|Registration Fees (Non Refundable)||Rs. 3000/-|
Step 3: Document Verification
After successful registration, candidates need to visit the designated verification center for document verification. Candidates must carry all the original documents and their photocopies as mentioned in the information brochure.
Step 4: Choice Filling and Locking
Once the document verification is done, candidates need to fill in their preferences of courses and colleges in which they wish to take admission. Candidates must carefully fill in their choices and lock them before the given deadline.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
Based on the rank obtained in NEET-PG 2023 and the choices filled by the candidates, the seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College
Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to the respective college within the given deadline, along with the required documents and fees.
Step 7: Second and Third Rounds of Counselling
If there are still vacant seats available, second and third rounds of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who did not get a seat in the first round or want to upgrade their seats can participate in these rounds.
Step 8: Final Reporting
Finally, candidates who have taken admission to the allotted college need to report back to the college for the commencement of the academic session
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai|
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- Address: 12, Vitthaldas Thackersey Marg, near Liberty cinema, New Marine Lines, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://bombayhospital.com/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
MS College Predictor
MS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which Medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Surgery (MS) programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MS Admission Consultant
An MS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Surgery (MS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai?
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences is a renowned medical institution in Mumbai, India, dedicated to medical education and healthcare services.
Is Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences affiliated with any university?
Yes, it is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik, Maharashtra.
When was Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences founded?
The institute was established in 1952.
What courses are offered at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences?
The institute offers various medical courses, including MS in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, General Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, and Anaesthesiology.
Does the institute offer hostel accommodation for students from out of town?
Yes, Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences provides hostel facilities for students who come from other cities.
What facilities are available for students on campus?
The institute offers modern lecture halls, laboratories, a library, research facilities, recreational areas, a medical simulation center, and more to support students’ academic and personal development.
Is the institute recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, the institute is recognized by the National Medical Commission, ensuring that its medical degrees are nationally accepted.
Does Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences provide patient care services?
Yes, the institute, being part of Bombay Hospital, offers patient care facilities, allowing students to gain real-world clinical experience.