Dr. Moopen’s Medical College Wayanad, formerly known as DMWIMS, is a notable institution founded by the DM Education and Research Foundation in response to Wayanad, Kerala’s healthcare requirements and inadequacies. This medical college and hospital is remarkable in that it is the first of its kind in Kerala, and it is located in a hilly and tribal territory. Moreover, despite its remote location, it is the first Medical College Hospital in North Kerala and one of the few in the country to earn accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
Dr. Moopen’s Medical College Wayanad is affiliated with the prestigious Kerala University of Health Sciences in Thrissur and has been recognised by the National Medical Commission. First and foremost, it seeks to enhance healthcare through medical education. Second, it aims to provide high-quality healthcare services at reasonable prices. Finally, the institution is dedicated to providing excellent medical education and training.
Dr. Moopen’s Medical College Wayanad’s effect extends beyond the institution’s walls. It is committed to improving the healthcare infrastructure and promoting Wayanad’s overall growth. The institution’s dedication to these endeavours remains unwavering, and they invite individuals and organisations to join them in their aim to improve healthcare and information dissemination in the region.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 5 Courses Offered for PG Course
- 6 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 7 Internship Structure
- 8 MBBS Course Fees Structure
- 9 MD/MS Course Fees
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
- 13 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Dr. Moopen’s Medical College– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Counselling Registration Procedure
- 16 Counselling Registration Fees
- 17 Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
- 18 Documents Required For MBBS
- 19 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 20 NEET College Predictors
- 21 NEET Rank Predictors
- 22 Expert Admission Consultants
- 23 FAQs
- 24 Q. What is the official website for Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
- 25 Q. What is the another name of Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
- 26 Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
- 27 Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Dr. Moopen’s Medical College
- 28 Q. When was Dr. Moopen’s Medical College launched?
- 29 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
- 30 Is Dr. Moopen’s Medical College affiliated with any university?
- 31 Is it recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
|Name of Institute||Dr. Moopen’s Medical College Wayanad|
|Popular Name||DMWIMS, Wayanad|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated||Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur|
|Approved||National Medical Commission|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD /MS Course|
|Contact Details||Address: Naseera Nagar, Meppadi (P.O),Wayanad, Kerala, India|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Private
- Super Market
- ATM – Hospital
- Play Ground
Courses Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4 1/2 Years + 1 year Internship||150|
Courses Offered for PG Course
|Course||Duration||Seat Intake (Permitted)|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis||3 years||2 seats|
|MD – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||2 seats|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||2 seats|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||2 seats|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||2 seats|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||2 seats|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||2 seats|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||2 seats|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||3 years||2 seats|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
|Course||Tuition Fees (Open)||Tuition Fees (NRI)|
|MBBS||Rs. 7,55,062/-||Rs. 20,00,000|
MD/MS Course Fees
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Tuition Fee||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Entrance Exam||NEET Exam|
|Nativity||Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. OCI cardholders can apply for Non-Resident Indian or supernumerary seats, but not for seats reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.|
|Keralite||Candidates of Kerala origin are categorized as Keralite.|
Children of AIS officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are also considered Keralites but are not eligible for reservations or fee concessions.
|Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)||A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfills any one of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ (NK I):|
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Is not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of his/her study.
Is not of Kerala origin but has undergone school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
|Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)||Candidates who do not fall under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II).|
NK II candidates are not eligible for admission to Medical/Dental courses in Government colleges.
|Special Cases||Fifteen percent of the seats for MBBS & BDS Courses in Self-Financing colleges in Kerala are set apart for candidates irrespective of their domicile based on the NEET-UG 2023 rank list prepared by the Commissioner for the Entrance Examinations.|
NK II candidates are not eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
|Nominees and All India Quota||Special provisions apply to candidates nominated by the Government of India, candidates from the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Administration, Jammu & Kashmir, and candidates selected through All India quota seats for MBBS/BDS courses.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Academic Qualification||Applicants should possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by NMC (MCI).|
|The MBBS qualification must be registered permanently or provisionally with NMC (MCI) or State Medical Council.|
|Candidates should have completed one year of internship or be likely to complete it on or before 11/08/2023.|
|Admission is granted after obtaining registration with the T.C. Medical Council.|
|Nativity||Indian Citizens of Kerala Origin|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for NRI seats (not eligible for general merit seats or other reservations other than NRI quota)|
|Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents with an MBBS degree from a Kerala Medical College (not eligible for Communal/Special/PD reservation benefits)|
|All candidates should execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year as per clause 11 of the prospectus.|
|Age||No upper age limit for admission to PG Medical Courses-2023 (with exceptions specified below).|
|Medical Education Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 49 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Health Service Quota and Insurance Medical Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 47 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Qualifying Criteria||All candidates must qualify the NEET PG-2023 conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi.|
|Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50th percentile in the NEET PG Medical 2023.|
|For SC, ST, SEBC, SC-PwD (PD), ST-PwD (PD), and SEBC-PwD (PD), and service quota candidates under these categories, the minimum marks are at the 40th percentile.|
|For General (UR) – PwD (PD) and EWS (EW)–PwD (PD) candidates, the minimum marks are at the 45th percentile.|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Dr. Moopen’s Medical College– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round||Stray Vacancy Round|
|State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks|
Counselling Registration Procedure
Online Submission of Application: Online submission of application through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in is required to apply for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. The application process involves several steps, and it is important for candidates to follow these steps carefully. Here’s a detailed explanation of each step in the application process:
|Application Process Steps||Description|
|Step 1: Registration||One-time procedure.|
Generate a unique Application Number.
Create a strong password.
Record all provided information for future login.
|Step 2: Fill Application||Complete all basic information required for processing the application.|
Ensure all information is accurate and true.
Preview and confirm data before finalization.
|Step 3: Application Fee||Make payment through online or e-chalan.|
|Step 4: Upload Images & Certificates||Upload a recent passport-size photograph and candidate’s signature in jpeg format.|
Upload all necessary certificates and documents supporting claims made in the application.
Convert multiple documents for a single claim into a single PDF file if needed.
|Step 5: Print Application Acknowledgement Page||After completing the previous steps, print the Application Acknowledgement page for future reference.|
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Fees (In INR)|
|SC/ OBC||Rs. 200|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. Nil|
Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
Centralized Allotment Process
- The centralized allotment process for MBBS/BDS courses in State quota seats, including Government and Self-financing Medical/Dental Colleges, is overseen by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). The process is based on the options submitted by eligible candidates included in the rank list of Medical courses published by the CEE.
Four Rounds of Counselling
- Round I: All eligible candidates included in the state merit list are allowed to register their options in Round I. Option registration involves the payment of an option registration fee to the CEE. The fee amount will be notified by the CEE before the option registration process begins. The option registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee for the allotted course. Candidates who are allotted a course in Round I should report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe.
- Round II: All candidates who registered options in Round I can participate in Round II if they desire further allotments. No fresh option registration is required for Round II. Instead, candidates confirm their existing options and may rearrange or delete unwanted options registered in Round I. Option confirmation is mandatory for consideration in Round II. Candidates who are satisfied with their Round I allotment and do not wish to be considered for other options must cancel all remaining options. They can also exit the seat received through Round II if they choose to.
- Mop-up Round: The Mop-up round allows fresh option registration with payment of a Mop-up registration fee. Candidates eligible for this round include those who were allotted/admitted to MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II but exited their allotted seat within the specified time, as well as candidates who did not register any options in Round I or did not receive an allotment in Round I or Round II. Those who continued in admitted status up to the date notified by the CEE are not eligible for further rounds of counselling.
- Stray Vacancy Round: This round aims to fill vacant seats that may arise after the Mop-up round. Candidates who were allotted a seat in MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II, as well as those who received an allotment in the Mop-up round, are not eligible for the Stray Vacancy Round. No fresh option registration occurs for this round. The options registered in the Mop-up round are considered for Stray vacancy filling. The filling of Stray vacancies is conducted at the institutional level based on guidelines issued by the CEE. Eligible candidates can contact the concerned colleges within the specified time to secure admission by paying the applicable fee.
Important Note: The registration fee for candidates who do not join or vacate seats received through Mop-up or exit the seats received in Round I or Round II after the Mop-up round will be forfeited. For candidates who receive an allotment, the Mop-up registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee of the allotted course, while for those who do not receive an allotment, the registration fee is refunded after the completion of the entire admission process for the academic year.
Documents Required For MBBS
- Proof of Nativity
- Datasheet of the student (format attached)
- Allotment Memo of CEE Kerala
- Candidates Data Sheet CEE Kerala
- Admit card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- Score card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- 10th grade certificate to prove date of birth
- 12th grade pass certificate and statement of marks
- SC/ST/OEC Certificate (Non creamy layer/Income certificate)
- Income certificate in case of SC/ST/OEC students
- Community/Minority certificate from revenue authority if applicable
- Course and Conduct certificate
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Migration certificate
- Equivalency/Eligibility certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (format available in the CEE website)
- Passport size photo (05 Nos.) with Name and date of birth
- Stamp size photo (05 Nos.)
- Copy of Aadhaar card (Student)
- Copy of Pan card (Parent)
- Undertaking by the student countersigned by the parent on applicability of tuition fees.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr. Moopen’s Medical College|
Dr. Moopen’s Medical College
- Address: Naseera Nagar, Meppadi (P.O),Wayanad, Kerala, India
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: https://www.dmwims.com/
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. What is the official website for Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
A. The official website of Dr. Moopen’s Medical College is https://www.dmwims.com/
Q. What is the another name of Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
A. Academy of Medical Sciences, also known as Dr. Moopen’s Medical College
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Dr. Moopen’s Medical College?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Dr. Moopen’s Medical College.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Dr. Moopen’s Medical College
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Dr. Moopen’s Medical College.
Q. When was Dr. Moopen’s Medical College launched?
A. Dr. Moopen’s Medical College was launched in the year of 2010.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
A. A candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by the National Medical Commission to be eligible for NEET PG 2023. At the time of admission, such candidates must have an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.
Is Dr. Moopen’s Medical College affiliated with any university?
Yes, it is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences in Thrissur, Kerala.
Is it recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, Dr. Moopen’s Medical College is recognized by the National Medical Commission.