Medical colleges in Andaman and Nicobar are educational institutions that provide medical education, research, and training. These universities offer high-quality education and training to ambitious medical professionals who want to serve their communities by providing healthcare.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a series of islands in the Bay of Bengal that are a Union Territory of India. There are currently no medical colleges in Andaman and Nicobar, hence students interested in pursuing a medical career must fly to mainland India. However, the Indian government has announced intentions to create a medical college and hospital on the islands, which would serve the local population’s healthcare requirements while also providing possibilities for medical education and training.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 3 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 4 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 5 Counselling Process
- 6 Documents Required
- 7 Counselling Fee
- 8 MCC Counselling Process
- 9 Eligibility Criteria
- 10 NEET UG Cut Off
- 11 Participating College
- 12 NEET College Predictors
- 13 NEET Rank Predictors
- 14 Expert Admission Consultants
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions
- 16 Q: Are there any medical colleges in Andaman & Nicobar?
- 17 Q: How can students from Andaman & Nicobar pursue medical education?
- 18 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS colleges in India?
- 19 Q: What are the career options after completing medical education?
- 20 Q: What is the duration of medical education in India?
- 21 Q: What is the fee structure for medical education in India?
- 22 Q: What are the top medical colleges in India?
- 23 Q: Is there any reservation policy for admission to medical colleges in India?
- 24 Q: What is the admission process for MBBS colleges in India?
- 25 Q: What are the subjects taught in MBBS course?
- 26 Q: Are there any scholarship opportunities for medical students?
- 27 Q: What is the scope of medical education in India?
- 28 Q: What is the average salary of medical professionals in India?
- 29 Q: Are there any medical entrance exams conducted by individual states in India?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Open your web browser and go to the official website for Andaman & Nicobar NEET Counseling (Click Here) . You can usually find this website through online searches or official notifications.
Step 2: Registration Page
- On the website’s homepage, look for the “Registration” or “Apply Now” link and click on it to start the registration process.
Step 3: Personal Information
- You will be directed to a registration form. Enter your personal details accurately:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Information (Mobile number and email)
- NEET Roll Number
Step 4: Create Login Credentials
- Create a username and password for your counseling account. Remember these details for future logins, so choose something memorable.
Step 5: Verify Information
- Review all the information you’ve entered to ensure it’s accurate, especially your name and contact details.
Step 6: Submit Your Application
- Once you are certain that the information is correct, click the “Submit” or “Register” button to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Confirmation
- After successful registration, you’ll receive a confirmation message on the screen, and you may also get a confirmation email. This message contains your registration details.
Step 8: Save Registration Details
- Save or take a screenshot of your registration details, including your registration number or application ID. Keep this information in a safe place for future reference.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official Andaman & Nicobar NEET Counseling website (Click Here).
- Click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in your personal details, including your name, date of birth, gender, contact information, and NEET roll number. Create a username and password for your account.
- Verify the information and submit your registration.
Step 2: Document Verification
- After successful registration, you’ll receive a registration number or application ID. Keep this number for reference.
- The counseling authority will announce dates and locations for document verification. Attend the verification session on the specified date and time.
- Bring the following documents for verification:
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets and certificates
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- Photo ID proof (Aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Passport-sized photographs
- Once your documents are verified, you’ll receive a verification certificate.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Log in to your counseling account using the username and password you created during registration.
- You’ll see a list of available colleges and courses. Choose your preferred options in order of preference.
- You can modify your choices until the specified deadline. Remember to lock in your choices before the deadline.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority will conduct seat allotment based on your NEET score and the choices you’ve made.
- You’ll receive an allotment letter indicating the college and course you’ve been assigned.
Step 5: Reporting to the Allotted College
- If you’re satisfied with the seat allotment, report to the allotted college within the specified time frame.
- Pay the required admission fees and complete any further formalities at the college.
Step 6: Admission Confirmation
- After completing the admission process at the allotted college, your admission will be confirmed.
- If you wish to participate in subsequent rounds of counseling, you can do so based on the available vacancies.
- 10th Mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and passing certificate
- NEET details:
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Rank letter
- NEET Score card
- Transfer Certificate or Leaving Certificate from the previous institute
- Migration Certificate (from their previous university) The university that does not issue migration certificates should provide a letter stating this fact.
- A nationality certificate by the District Magistrateate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for the issue of such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/ 12th Std. indicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Category Certificate: A certificate claiming the category applied for in the prescribed format, including the EWS Income and Asset Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (applicable for ST or OBC candidates).
- A person with Disability Claim (PWD) certificate, if applicable.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:ROUND-1:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website
- .Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Before applying for Andaman & Nicobar NEET admission, aspirants should be aware of the eligibility requirements. Below are some of the basic ANIIMS NEET eligibility criteria, which every candidate must fulfill.
|Age||Must be 17 years old as of December 31st of the academic year|
|Educational Qualification||Passed/Appeared in Class 12 examination under the 10+2 scheme/senior school certificate examination (CBSE) or equivalent exam from a recognized university/board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects|
|Physical Fitness||Must be physically fit (except for physically handicapped category) and must submit a medical fitness certificate at the time of admission|
|Medical Examination||During the admission process, applicants will undergo a medical examination at ANIIMS’s GB Pant Hospital|
|NEET Qualifying Percentile and Scores||Aspirants must be included in the NEET merit list by securing the minimum qualifying percentile (to be determined by the governing authority)|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
|College Name||Intake Capacity||Fees|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences, Port Blair||114||Rs. 5,100.00/-|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are there any medical colleges in Andaman & Nicobar?
A: Currently, there is only 1 medical colleges in Andaman & Nicobar. However, the government of India has announced plans to establish a more medical colleges and hospital in the islands.
Q: How can students from Andaman & Nicobar pursue medical education?
A: Students from Andaman & Nicobar who wish to pursue medical education have to travel to mainland India to study in medical colleges. They have to appear for national level entrance exams like NEET and qualify for admission in medical colleges.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS colleges in India?
A: The eligibility criteria for admission to medical colleges in India include passing the 10+2 examination with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) from a recognized board, and appearing for a national level entrance exam like NEET.
Q: What are the career options after completing medical education?
A: After completing medical education, graduates can opt for higher education like MD or MS, or pursue a career in clinical practice, research, academics, public health, or hospital management.
Q: What is the duration of medical education in India?
A: The duration of medical education in India is typically of 5.5 years duration for MBBS, including one year of compulsory internship. The duration of higher education like MD or MS varies from college to college.
Q: What is the fee structure for medical education in India?
A: The fee structure for medical education in India varies from college to college. However, the fees for government medical colleges are generally lower than private medical colleges.
Q: What are the top medical colleges in India?
A: Some of the top medical colleges in India include All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Christian Medical College (CMC), Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC).
Q: Is there any reservation policy for admission to medical colleges in India?
A: Yes, there is a reservation policy for admission to medical colleges in India. The reservation policy is as per the guidelines issued by the Government of India and the state government. The reservation policy includes quotas for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Q: What is the admission process for MBBS colleges in India?
A: The admission process for medical colleges in India includes qualifying for a national level entrance exam like NEET, filling the application form of the college or university, appearing for counseling, and finally getting selected for admission based on the merit list.
Q: What are the subjects taught in MBBS course?
A: The subjects taught in the MBBS course include Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, and ENT.
Q: Are there any scholarship opportunities for medical students?
A: Yes, there are scholarship opportunities for medical students in India. The government of India offers various scholarships to students from economically weaker sections, SC, ST, OBC, and minority communities. Additionally, private organizations and colleges also offer scholarships and financial aid to meritorious students.
Q: What is the scope of medical education in India?
A: Medical education in India has a vast scope, and it offers numerous career opportunities to graduates. Medical professionals can work in clinical practice, research, academics, public health, hospital management, and medical writing
Q: What is the average salary of medical professionals in India?
A: The average salary of medical professionals in India varies depending on their specialization, work experience, and location of work. However, the average salary for a medical graduate is around 8-10 lakhs per annum, while for a specialist, it can be around 15-20 lakhs per annum.
Q: Are there any medical entrance exams conducted by individual states in India?
A: Yes, some states in India conduct their entrance exams for admission to medical colleges. These exams are conducted by state governments and are usually conducted in the regional language of the state.