Government Dental College & Hospital Srinagar is a well-known dentistry college located in Srinagar, Kashmir. Established in 1985, the college provides quality education and dental care services to its patients. The college also offers possibilities for research, extracurricular activities, and overall student growth. The college is affiliated with Kashmir University and also has recognition from the National Dental Commission, New Delhi.
The college offers dental education at the undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) levels. The five-year BDS program consists of four years of academic study and one year of a required internship. The three-year MDS program offers specialization in a variety of dental specialties.
The college has a very forward-thinking and practical environment created by a highly qualified and experienced teaching staff using the most cutting-edge and creative teaching methods. Real-world experience-based instruction is emphasized. The university’s extensive library has internet access for teachers and students to use.
The college also engages in a variety of dental research projects. The college features a research and development unit that supports academic and student research. The college also gives students the chance to take part in conferences and seminars held both domestically and abroad.
The college offers its students extracurricular activities in addition to academics. A cultural council at the institution plans numerous sporting and cultural activities that give the students a stage on which to display their abilities.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 7 BDS Internship
- 8 Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Government Dental College Srinagar Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota )
- 11 Government Dental College Srinagar Cut Off 2022 ( AIQ Quota )
- 12 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- 13 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Eligibility Criteria
- 16 NEET UG Cut Off
- 17 Eligibility Criteria for MDS course
- 18 NEET MDS Cut off 2023
- 19 Contact Details
- 21 Ranking & Reputation
- 22 NEET College Predictors
- 23 NEET Rank Predictors
- 24 Expert Admission Consultants
- 25 Frequently Asked Questions
- 25.1 Q: What courses does the Government Dental College in Srinagar offer?
- 25.2 Q: How do I apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.3 Q: What is the admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.4 Q: What are the facilities available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.5 Q: What is the job prospects after completing a course from Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.6 Q: What is the duration of the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.7 Q: What is the duration of the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.8 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 25.9 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College & Hospital Srinagar|
|Popular Name||GDC, Srinagar|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Affiliated to||Kashmir University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for MDS courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir|
|Contact||Address:Shereen Bagh, Srinagar, J&K-190010 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Kashmir University
- Approved by: National Dental Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Government Dental College, Srinagar, provides a conducive learning environment for its students by utilising cutting-edge facilities and infrastructure. The following services are available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar:
- Lecture Halls: The institution features large lecture halls that are outfitted with sophisticated audio-visual devices to help with teaching and learning.
- Library: To support students’ academic and research needs, the college has an extensive library with a wide variety of books, periodicals, and online resources.
- Clinic: The college maintains a well-established dental clinic that provides cheap dental services to the public. Modern dental technology and equipment are present in the clinic.
- Hostels: Male and female students have separate hostel facilities at the college. All basic amenities are provided, including 24-hour water and electricity supply, Wi-Fi, and mess facilities.
- Sports and Recreation: The college provides a playground and indoor game facilities to encourage students’ physical and mental well-being.
- Research and Development: The college has a research and development cell that encourages students and faculty members to conduct research. The cell funds and advises research initiatives and aids in the dissemination of research findings through seminars and publications.
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff members at Government Dental College, Srinagar are committed to providing quality education and training to the students and promoting research and community service activities.Here is some information about the faculty and staff at the college:
- Principal: The principal is the head of the college and is responsible for the overall functioning of the college. They oversee academic and administrative activities, manage budgets, and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Professors: The professors are senior faculty members who have extensive experience in teaching and research. They are responsible for developing and delivering the curriculum, mentoring junior faculty members, and supervising research activities.
- Associate Professors: The associate professors are experienced faculty members who assist the professors in curriculum development, research activities, and mentoring of junior faculty members.
- Assistant Professors: The assistant professors are faculty members who have completed their postgraduate studies and are responsible for teaching and research activities.
- Senior Residents: The senior residents are dental professionals who are pursuing postgraduate studies at the college. They work under the guidance of the faculty members and are responsible for providing dental services to patients.
- Junior Residents: The junior residents are recent dental graduates who are pursuing postgraduate studies at the college. They work under the guidance of the faculty members and are responsible for providing dental services to patients.
- Dental Mechanics: The dental mechanics are responsible for designing and creating dental prosthetics, such as dentures and bridges.
- Dental Assistants: Dental assistants support dental professionals with a variety of activities such as patient care, laboratory work, and administrative duties.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff members provide support to the faculty and students in various administrative tasks, including admission procedures, financial management, and maintenance of records.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||63|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||4|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years||4|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years||4|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years||3|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years||3|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 years||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||4|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Government Dental College Srinagar Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota )
|OM – PWD Category||503225||214||–||–|
Government Dental College Srinagar Cut Off 2022 ( AIQ Quota )
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round||Stray 1||Stray 2|
|NEET Score||Marks||NEET Score||Marks||NEET AIR||Marks||NEET AIR||Marks||NEET AIR||Marks|
|UR (General) Open Category||27036||587||3419||574||37334||569||46461||554||88251||494|
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- Step 1: Visit the BOPEE website at www.jkbopee.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on “Click to Apply” under “Online Applications” and choose “NEET–UG.”
- Step 3: On the NEET-UG page, review important information, including registration dates and instructions for document upload.
- Step 4: Check the document size requirements (100-200 KB) and ensure you have scanned copies of the following documents:
- Domicile Certificate,
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate/Marks Card,
- 10+2 Marks Card,
- Category Certificate (if applicable, NEET Score Card 2023)
- Step 5: Click “Click here to apply.”
- Step 6: Read the instructions and check the “I have read the instructions” box, then click “Apply.”
- Step 7: Fill in your registration details and enter the verification code (captcha). Click “Submit.”
- Step 8: Review your submitted details. If incorrect, click “Click Here to edit your registration details” to make changes.
- Step 9: If details are correct, click “Click Here.” Activate your account by following the link sent to your email, set a password, and remember not to share your login details.
- Step 10: Log in using your NEET Roll No. as the username and your password.
- Step 11: On the logged-in page, you can access options like personal profile, document upload, application edit, password change, and logout.
- Step 12: To upload documents, click “Upload Document,” select the relevant PDFs, and follow instructions.
- Step 13: After uploading, a message will confirm. Click “click here to print form if uploaded” to print your registration form.
- Step 14: Verify that the correct documents were uploaded and close the window.
- Step 15: If you’ve previously registered, click “Click here to login if already registered” and access your personal details, uploaded documents, edit your registration, or change your password.
- Step 16: Always log out or close the browser for security.
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
Step 1: Registration and Document Submission
- Make sure you have qualified for NEET UG examination and have the required documents.
- Register and submit your documents online through the BOPEE website within the specified time.
- Pay the online fee as prescribed by the Board.
Step 2: Seat Allotment Rounds
- Check the seat matrix and vacant seats on the BOPEE website.
- Eligible candidates will be called for counseling based on their NEET UG scores and preferences.
- Participate in the counseling process in person.
- Choose a seat from the available options based on your merit and preference.
- Once allotted a seat, complete the necessary formalities in the allotted college.
Round 2 (Upgradation/Allotment Round):
- Seats that become available due to non-joining, resignation, or vacancies are notified by the Board.
- Candidates who have already been allotted seats in Round 1 can participate.
- Candidates who couldn’t get a seat due to SNA or CNA in Round 1 can also participate.
- Depending on seat availability, additional eligible candidates may be allowed to participate.
- Indicate fresh preferences for the available seats.
- Preferences from Round 1 will be canceled for this round.
- Seats left by OM candidates will be allotted to OM candidates during this round.
- No fee is required for those who paid during Round 1.
Round 3 (Third Round of Counseling):
- Board may conduct a 3rd round of counseling if needed.
- Candidates who did not join after previous rounds are eligible to participate.
- Preferences from earlier rounds are not applicable.
- Candidates upgraded during Round 2 are not eligible.
- Seats left vacant due to non-joining or resignation are filled.
- Follow the same counseling process as in Round 1.
Final Round by Personal Counseling (Mop-Up Round):
- If necessary, a final round is conducted by personal counseling.
- Vacant seats are filled to ensure no new vacancies are created.
- Eligible candidates who did not join earlier rounds can participate.
- Allotment is based on merit and preference.
- Once allotted, complete the formalities in the allotted college.
- Board may allow candidates who were not allowed to participate earlier due to non-joining to participate in the last round, depending on seat availability.
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria.
- Failure to join an allotted institution may lead to admission cancellation.
- Date of Birth Certificate as per matriculation certificate.
- 10+2 or equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Domicile Certificate of candidates belonging to UTs of J&K/ Ladakh (for the candidates of UT of Ladakh, ST certificate be treated as Domicile certificate).
- Category certificate; (wherever applicable)
- NEET score card 2023
- Poor &Backward Certificate, if any.
- Cut-Off 2023 (Last Cut-Off for 1 & 2 round)
For PG Course
- Date of birth
- 12th Certificate
- MBBS degree certificate
- Marks cards of all the years of MBBS
- NEET PG result
- Registration certificate from MCI or SMC
- Internship completion certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for MDS course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET MDS Cut off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Government Dental College Srinagar
- Address:Shereen Bagh, Srinagar, J&K-190010,
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://gdcsrinagar.org/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College, Srinagar|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses does the Government Dental College in Srinagar offer?
A: The Government Dental College in Srinagar offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program, which is a five-year undergraduate course, and a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) program, which is a three-year postgraduate course. The college offers specializations in several areas, including orthodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral surgery, and conservative dentistry.
Q: How do I apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: To apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar, you must meet the eligibility criteria and apply through the official website or the online admission portal. The eligibility criteria may include educational qualifications, age limit, and other requirements as specified by the college and the University of Kashmir.
Q: What is the admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar usually involves a common entrance test conducted by the University of Kashmir or other relevant authorities. The candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance test and other criteria as specified by the college and the university.
Q: What are the facilities available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The Government Dental College in Srinagar provides various facilities to the students, including well-equipped lecture halls, laboratories, clinics, library, hostel, cafeteria, sports ground, and other amenities. The college also has experienced faculty members and staff to support the students’ learning and development.
Q: What is the job prospects after completing a course from Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: After completing a course from the Government Dental College in Srinagar, the students can pursue various career opportunities in the dental field, such as private practice, government service, research, teaching, and other related areas. The students can also pursue further studies or specializations to enhance their career prospects.
Q: What is the duration of the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar is a five-year undergraduate program, which includes four years of classroom and clinical training, and one year of compulsory rotatory internship.
Q: What is the duration of the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar is a three-year postgraduate program, which includes two years of classroom and clinical training, and one year of research and dissertation work.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar may vary depending on the category of the candidate, such as general, reserved, or foreign. However, in general, the candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as the main subjects, and obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in these subjects.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar may vary depending on the category of the candidate, such as general, reserved, or foreign. However, in general, the candidate must have completed a BDS degree from a recognized university, and obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.