Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati also known as Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College is a private medical college in Amravati, Maharashtra. It was established in 1984 whereas the Hospital & Research Centre was established in 1990. The institute has 100 undergraduate MBBS seats. The Medical Council of India has accredited the college, which is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik.
The affiliated hospital has 670 beds with 21 Indoor wards. 24 hours OPD available and 24/7 Emergency service.
Let us take a summarize facts about Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
|Name of Institute||Dr. Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati|
|Popular Name||PDMMC, Deshmukh Memorial Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Panchvati Square, Morshi Rd, Amravati, Maharashtra 444603|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Private
Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati offers Medical course as:
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||100||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|State Quota||Other Reservation|
PG Course (MD/ MS) – 3 Years Duration.
|Sr. No.||Name of Course||Intake|
|03||MD Pathology||02 + 05||02 Recognized by MCI|
05 Permitted by MCI
|04||MD Microbiology||02||Recognized by MCI|
|06||MD Community Medicine||02|
|08||MD General Medicine||01 + 03||01 Recognized by MCI|
03 Permitted by MCI
|09||MD Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy||01 + 01||01 Recognized by MCI|
01 Permitted by MCI
|10||MS General Surgery||02 + 04||02 Recognized by MCI|
04 Permitted by MCI
|11||MD Anesthesiology||01 + 02||01 Recognized by MCI|
02 Permitted by MCI
|12||MD Tuberculosis & Respiratory Disease||01||Recognized by MCI|
|15||MS Obstetrics & Gynecology||01|
|Post Graduate Course (MUHS)|
|Post Graduate DNB Diploma Courses|
|01||DNB Paediatrics (Post MBBS)||02|
|02||DNB Paediatrics (Post Diploma)||02|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%).
c) Entrance Test: NEET-U.G. (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST). Admission will be granted based on the results of the entrance examination.
Admission Criteria: All seats are assigned based on the results of the PG-NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST. (PG-NEET)
The candidate must have completed an MBBS from a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi, and completion of internship (12 months) on or before March 31st.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET-PG is required, while for reserved category candidates, a minimum of 40 percentile is required.
The state of Maharashtra has the most seats in India, and the students also take the most exams each year. The special thing about admission to all private medical colleges is that candidates whose family income is less than Rs.8 lakh get scholarships, which means the government pays half of their tuition fees, which increases the enthusiasm for these private medical colleges. As a result, there is a significant difference in the cutoff for Government Medical College and Private Medical College at the state level.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
To begin, students must submit their NEET scores.
Students must attend an open counseling session after submitting their NEET scorecard. The NEET score and counseling scores are used to determine who is accepted into college after the counseling process. If chosen, the necessary documents are submitted to UG/PG Admission, Admin Building.
For NRI: There is 15% Institutional quota in private colleges, in which NRI or other state candidates can take admission, but seat is allotted to NRI candidates. Its fees are very high, the vehicle has NRI fees.
For UG – MBBS:
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- In addition, aspirants must attend the MBBS Counseling process.
- Participation in the counseling process and payment of fees will determine final admission.
For PG – MD/MS:
- Admission to the post graduate courses is through NEET-PG conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- The authorities will prepare a merit list for shortlisting candidates.
- In addition, aspirants must participate in the College’s counseling process.
- Final admission will be determined by the marks obtained, participation in the counseling process, and payment of fees.
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
|Particular||Amount||Remarks Mode of Payments|
|2||Tuition Fees per year|
|a||For 85% Seats (Open)$||9,15,000/-||D.D. in favour of|
Dean, Dr. P.D.M.M.C.
|b||@ For OBC Category||9,15,000/- (Including|
development fees Rs. 83,182/-)
|c||For VJ / NT / SBC Category||83,182/-|
|d||For SC / ST Category||Nil|
Subject to submission of all the
|e||15% Institutional quota including NW||45,75,000/-|
|3||*College Caution Money|
|1,00,000/- refundable||D.D. in favour of|
Dean, Dr. P.D.M.M.C.
|4||•S.A.M.C. Fee (Student Association)||20,000/-||D.D. in favour of|
Dean, Dr. P.D.M.M.C.
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
NEET Counseling process
After the NEET 2023 result is announced, the state common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai, will issue a prospectus and schedule for admission to the state quota of MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses. Its website address is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/, where candidate can fill out the online application form and upload the respective documents.
This state has the majority of the top medical colleges. Candidates from all states are given preference for admission to the top medical colleges in their respective states through the All India Quota system.
The application fee for the state quota is Rs. 1000/-, and the fee for the institutional quota is Rs. 5,000/-, both of which are non-refundable. If you want to participate in both the state and institutional quotas, you must pay an application fee of Rs. 6000/-. This Rs. 5,000/- can also be deposited during the institutional round. Candidates who wish to participate in the institutional round must pay an application form fee of Rs. 5000/-; however, fresh registration is not permitted during the institutional round. The application fee for the institutional round of registered candidates is Rs. 5000/-.The merit list will be created based on the registered candidate’s NEET 2022 score. The State common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai provided counseling for all rounds (up to Mop Up round 6) in 2021 by allotting seats online. In Maharashtra state counseling, all rounds (up to institutional/stay vacancy round) have a one-time registration and choice filling. Registration for MBBS/BDS and AYUSH occurs concurrently, but counseling dates differ, and admission is based on merit in the NEET 2022 score.
1) Registration or choice filling begins with the first round.
2) If a candidate is assigned a seat in any round and does not accept it or resigns from it after accepting it, it will be assumed that the candidate is uninterested in the admissions process. If it is maintained, the candidate will not be given a seat in the subsequent rounds.
3) Candidates may upgrade their previous round seat to the next round.
First Stage Counseling :-
This counseling is done online, and seat allotment is done on the vacant seats of all government/private colleges of state quota according to the provisional merit list by computer. If participants get seat allotment, they must go to the allotted college to have all their documents verified. Formalities must be completed.
In the second round, candidate seat will be upgraded based on the higher option they selected during choice filling. If they are satisfied with this allotment and do not want to upgrade this seat further, they must fill out a status retention form in the college at the time of admission; otherwise, he/she will not be considered for upgrade in subsequent rounds. If they do not receive a seat allotment in the first round, he/she will have to wait until the second round.
Second Stage Counseling :-
Following the first round of counseling, the second round of MCC is held to fill the vacant seats and the seats transferred to the state. This counseling is also available online. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. If he/she joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they will be unable to participate in the second round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Counseling for Mop Up round 1,2 :-
This counseling is done after the second round to fill the vacant seats. This counseling is available online. Mop up round 2 is held for all vacant seats in government and private colleges from Mop up round 1. This is the final round for private medical colleges. Following this round, all vacant Private MBBS seats are transferred to the concerned college, and these seats are filled by the college through the Institutional round. Following this round, these seats are filled by the counseling authority conducting Mop up round 3,4, 5,6,7……… to fill the vacant seats of MBBS in government colleges.
Eligible candidates for Mop up round counseling:-
1) All candidates who participated in the first and second rounds but did not complete the status retention form are eligible for an upgrade in this round.
2) All candidates who did not receive a seat in the first or second round and are still waiting are eligible.
Not eligible candidates for mop up round counseling:-
1) Candidates who did not join or resigned after receiving a seat allotment in the first and second rounds are ineligible.
2) Candidates who participated in the first and second rounds and completed the status retention form are ineligible.
Institutional round counseling :-
Private Medical colleges conduct these rounds. Following the Mop Up round, all vacant seats of Private MBBS are transferred to the concerned college, which fills these seats through an Institutional round. A 15% institutional quota will be filled on an all-India basis, with NRI/OCI/other than Maharashtra state candidates included.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
1) Online downloaded Application form of State NEET-UG 2022.
2) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 Admit Card.
3) Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Pass port)
4) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 result/Marksheet.
5) Nationality Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issuing such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’
6) Domicile Certificate issued by a District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority.
7) SSC i.e. 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate (for DOB).
8) HSC i.e. 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
9) Medical fitness certificate (Annexure-H)
10) Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
11) Aadhar Card
12) Orphan Certificate from appropriate authority. If applicable
13) Religions Minority certificate / reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
14) Caste Certificate.
15) Caste Validity Certificate.
16) Non Creamy layer Certificate valid upto 31/03/2020
(For VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3, SEBC & OBC including SBC)
17) D1/D2/D3 : Ex-servicemen Certificate /actual service certificate
18) D1/D2 : Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate of Defence person.
19) D3 : Transfer certificate
20) Eligibility Certificate for EWS category issued by Competent Authority.
21) MKB : Disputed area certificate, Mother tongue certificate, SSC/HSC from MKB area.
22) HA : Parent Domicile certificate, SSC/HSC of candidate from hilly area
22) Person with disability (PWD) Candidates – Medical Fitness Certificate of Authorized Medical Board.
23) For Orphan – respective certificate from appropriate authority
24) Bond Release Certificate (if applicable).
- 10th Passing Certificate/Birth Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Statement of Mark Sheet of I, II, III MBBS Examination
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
- Central Library
- Well – equpped, air cooled library with total space of 9394 sq.ft.
- The library has 10984 Text Books and Reference books
- Library facilities are available to UG, PG students and staff from 8 am to 12 pm
- 102 Journals, National and Foreign are subscribed.
- WHO (Global) series (GENEVA) No. 5 subscribed since 1985
- Internet and Digital Library (MUHS), C.A.S. and S.D.I. facilities are also available
- Computerised system of Cataloguing and Lending of books available
- Book bank facility for needy students
- Printer and Xerox facilities are provided
- 670 beded fully equipped hospital.
- 24 hours emergency services with specialist doctors also all medical department OPD and I.P.D. services available.
- 24 hours ambulance service available
- Fully equipped 20 beded casualty with cultural oxygen and succsion available
- All Intensive care unit available in hospital with ventilater facilities like, ICCU, MICU, SICU, NICU, PICU
- Hemodialysis services available
- Neuro surgery, Uro surgery, Peadiatric surgery, Plastic surgery, Superspeciality services available
- All types of general surgery, ENT, Opthal, Obst and Gynac, services available.
- In Peadiatric ward music toys and entertainment facility are available for the patients
- 24 hours medical store, services available
- Department of Respiratory Medicine (TB)
- 500 seats Auditorium available
- Separate Boys, Girls, Interns, Residents & Nursing Hostels are available for students.
- Cardiac center with CATH lab.
- Bus (Transport)
- Blood bank
- Emergency services
Hospital of Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
1. OPD Hours —- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Spacious OPD Complex with good seating arrangement for doctors, waiting hall for patients and relatives.
2. Hospital with 670 beds (including free beds & subsidised beds) There are 21 wards in total.
3. Fully functional ICU, ICCU, SICU, PICU, NICU, Obstetrics ICU, and Cardiac ICU.
4. Casualty Emergency Service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
5. Digital X-Ray, 16 slice CT Scan, Ultra-Sonography, Color Doppler, 2D Echo and Mammography, EEG, PFT, ECT, and MRI Services
6. Pathology, Microbiology, Hematology, Cytology, and Biochemistry Laboratories perform all routine tests as well as harmone estimation.
7. 14 Advanced Operation Theater (No Operative charges for patients)
8.Hemodialysis service that is fully equipped.
9. General Surgery and Specialty Care
10. There is a physiotherapy service available.
11. A full-service blood bank open 24 x 7, with a blood component facility.
12. There is a Mother Milk Bank available.
13. Ambulance service available 24 x 7.
14. Medical Store open 24 x 7, with discounted medication for patients.
15. There is also a generic medical store available (Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra).
16. Patient lift facilities are available
17. Reception and Inquiry Desk
18. Counter for Registration
19. Management of Bio-Medical Waste
20. Central laundry facilities are available.
21. Separate Canteen for Patients and Staff
22. CSSD is available.
23. COVID-19 vaccination centre (covacxine/covishield).
An MBBS graduate can easily find a job with a very good salary in any government or private hospital or medical college. If they want to continue their education, they can enrol in a variety of post-graduate diploma or degree programmes. After four and a half years, each student must complete a one-year internship at the college’s hospital.
The college has a steady flow of patients. Because there is no government medical college in Amravati, the majority of patients are referred to PDMC.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||PDMMC Amravati|
Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, (PDMMC)Amravati
Official Website: https://www.pdmmc.com/
What is the official website for Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College?
The official website of Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College is http://pdmmc.edu.in/
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at PDMMC Amravati?
There are 100 seats available for MBBS students at PDMMC Amravati.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College
Is Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College a govt. or private medical college?
Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College is a private medical college.
When was Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College launched?
Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College was launched in the year of 1984.
What are the courses offered by PDMMC Amravati?
The course offered by PDMMC Amravati are MBBS, MD/MS, P.G.D.M.L.T., DNB.
Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
NEET-PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes at various universities and institutions across the country. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical schools in India must take the NEET-PG exam.