Dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh focus on the best possible dental education with both theoretical and practical aspects of dentistry. Students are taught various dental procedures, including preventive and restorative dentistry, orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. The students are also given hands-on training in various dental procedures through clinical postings and internships.
The state has many dental colleges that offer quality education and training in dentistry. The dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh offer undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) programs in dentistry, which are recognized by the National Dental Commission. These courses are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in basic sciences, as well as clinical skills required for the practice of dentistry.
High-quality dental education is offered at dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh, and students are given a thorough understanding of dental sciences as well as hands-on training in dental procedures. Graduates from these institutions are well-prepared to enter the dental profession and make a positive contribution to the nation’s healthcare system.
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||King George’s Medical University (KGMU), LucknowInstitute of Dental Sciences, BareillyBabu Banarasi Das College of Dental Sciences, LucknowSubharti Dental College, MeerutSaraswati Dental College, LucknowChandra Dental College and Hospital, BarabankiRama Dental College, KanpurI.T.S. Dental College, Greater NoidaKothiwal Dental College and Research Centre, MoradabadInstitute of Dental Studies and Technologies, Modinagar||King George’s Medical University (KGMU), LucknowInstitute of Dental Sciences, BareillyBabu Banarasi Das College of Dental Sciences, LucknowSubharti Dental College, MeerutSaraswati Dental College, LucknowChandra Dental College and Hospital, BarabankiRama Dental College, KanpurI.T.S. Dental College, Greater Noida|
Why is Uttar Pradesh a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- Education of High Quality: Students in Uttar Pradesh have access to a number of prestigious dental colleges that provide an excellent education. These institutions offer students a hands-on introduction to working in a dental office thanks to their qualified instructors, cutting-edge facilities, and modern infrastructure.
- Recognition by National Dental Commission: All dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh have received recognition from the National Dental Commission, which is the regulatory body in charge of overseeing dental education nationwide. This guarantees that the instruction provided in these colleges complies with the requirements established by the regulatory body.
- Opportunities for Career Growth: There is a high need for dental professionals in Uttar Pradesh, and graduates from these dental colleges have many options for pursuing a rewarding career in the sector. They may practice dentistry in private practices or public hospitals, teach at dental schools, or work for research organizations.
- Affordability: The cost of education in Uttar Pradesh is comparable to that of other states, giving students who want to pursue a career in dentistry an affordable option.
- Cultural Diversity: Students from across the nation travel to Uttar Pradesh to study because it has a diverse population. As a result, a multicultural learning environment is created, aiding students in expanding their worldview and understanding the various needs of patients.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling Process 2023
- Step 1: Visit the official website https://upneet.gov.in.
- Step 2: Use your NEET UG-2023 Application Number and Roll Number to log in.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions provided on the portal for registration.
- Step 4: Pay the non-refundable Registration fee of Rs. 2,000/-. This fee covers both the 1st and 2nd round of counseling.
- Step 5: If you did not register for the 1st round of counseling, you can still participate in the 2nd round by depositing a non-refundable Registration fee of Rs. 2,000/-.
- Step 6: For the Mop-up round, if you are eligible, you must complete your registration by depositing a non-refundable Registration fee of Rs. 1,000/-.
|Type of College||Security Money Amount||Eligibility|
|Govt. Medical & Dental Colleges / Institutes / University||Rs. 30,000/- (Thirty Thousand only)||Can opt only for Govt. Colleges|
|Govt. & Private Medical & Dental Colleges / Institutes / University||Rs. 2,00,000/- (Two Lacs only)||Can opt for both Govt. & Private Colleges|
|Govt. (Medical & Dental) & Private Dental Colleges / Institutes / University||Rs. 1,00,000/- (One Lac only)||Can opt for Govt. (Medical & Dental) and Private Dental Colleges|
First Round of Counseling:
- Deposit the security money based on your college preference (Govt. or Govt. & Private).
- Complete online choice filling by selecting your preferred colleges.
- Lock your choices within the specified time.
- Seat allocation will depend on your choices and rank.
- If you’re allocated a seat, you must take admission in that college. Failing to do so will result in forfeiting the security money.
- If you don’t secure a seat in the first counseling, you’re eligible for the second round without redepositing security money.
Second Round of Counseling:
- Candidates without any seat allocation in the first round are eligible.
- You can participate in the second round without redepositing security money.
- If you’ve already taken admission in the first round but want to change your seat/college, you can participate in the second round.
- It’s recommended not to opt for the same seat/college you’ve already been admitted to. If you do, your previous allotment will be canceled.
- If you get a new allotment in the second round, you must take admission in the new seat. Failing to do so will cancel the new allotment.
Mop-up Round (If Eligible):
- Eligibility: No seat allotted in the first or second round, and not registered for those rounds.
- Register on https://upneet.govt.in by depositing a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 1,000.
- If you’re taking admission after seat allotment in the Mop-up round, you must provide all original documents for verification. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Documents Required for UG Course
- NEET Exam Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card (Result copy released by NTA)
- Class X mark sheet & Certificate
- Class XII mark sheet & Certificate
- A valid photo Id proof (Aadhar card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Pan Card)
- Uttar Pradesh Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- Certificate of Caste (If applicable)
- Form of online registration ( Counseling)
- Security Money Demand Draft (DD)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Medical Colleges
|Name of medical college||Seats||Annual Fees|
|King George Medical University, Lucknow||210||36700|
|G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur||159||36700|
|MLN Medical College, Prayagraj||124||36700|
|S.N. Medical College, Agra||124||36700|
|M.L.B Medical College, Jhansi||82||36700|
|L.L.R.M. Medical College, Meerut||124||36700|
|B.R.D Medical College, Gorakhpur||82||36700|
|Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences, Itawa||128||36700|
|State Allopathic Medical College, Ambedkar Nagar||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Jalaun||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Kannauj||85||36700|
|Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS) Greater Noida (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Ayodhya (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Basti (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Bahraich (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Shahjahanpur (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Firozabad (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Budaun (NEW)||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Azamgarh||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Saharanpur||85||36700|
|State Medical College, Banda||85||36700|
|Dr, RML Medical Science Institute, Lucknow||127||36700|
Private and Minority Medical Colleges
|Name of the Institutes||Seats||Annual Fees|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences||100||15,80,000|
|Era’s Lucknow Medical College||150||16,60,000|
|FH Medical College & Hospital||150||16,50,000|
|GS Medical College & Hospital||150||11,78,892|
|Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences||150||13,21,492|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences||100||11,70,612|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences||150||10,77,229|
|Integral Institute of Medical Sciences||100||17,00,000|
|KD Medical College||150||12,28,240|
|Krishna Mohan Medical College||150||11,73,856|
|Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences||150||11,21,162|
|Muzaffarnagar Medical College||150||12,80,037|
|Prasad Institute of Medical Sciences||150||11,03,932|
|Rajshree Medical Research Institute & Hospital||150||12,28,406|
|Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre||150||12,66,579|
|Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre||100||13,09,968|
|Rohilkhand Medical College & Hospital||150||13,00,251|
|Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences||150||11,81,671|
|Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences||150||11,59,610|
|Sharda University – School of Medical Sciences & Research||150||12,69,319|
|Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences||100||13,73,760|
|Subharti Medical College||100||11,85,133|
|T S Misra Institute of Medical Sciences||150||12,99,199|
|Teerthanker Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre||150||16,20,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The BDS course in Uttar Pradesh is of 4 years duration, followed by a mandatory 1-year internship.
Q. What is the duration of the MDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The MDS course in Uttar Pradesh is of 3 years duration.
Q. Are the dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh recognized by the National Dental Commission ?
A. Yes, all dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh are recognized by the National Dental Commission.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to BDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to the BDS course in Uttar Pradesh is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects. Students must have also appeared for NEET UG and obtained a valid score to be eligible for admission.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course in Uttar Pradesh is BDS from a recognized institution and a valid score in NEET MDS.
Q. What is the average salary of a dentist in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The average salary of a dentist in Uttar Pradesh depends on various factors like experience, skills, location, and type of employment. Generally, fresh graduates can expect a salary of INR 20,000-30,000 per month, while experienced dentists can earn upwards of INR 1 lakh per month.
Q. Are there any reservation criteria for admission to dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh?
A. Yes, there are reservation criteria for admission to dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh as per the norms set by the government.
Q. What are the popular specializations in the MDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. Some popular specializations in the MDS course in Uttar Pradesh include Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Pedodontics, Periodontics, and Endodontics.
Q. What are the career prospects after completing the BDS/MDS course in Uttar Pradesh?
A. After completing the BDS/MDS course in Uttar Pradesh, graduates can work as dentists in private clinics, government hospitals, or teach in dental colleges. They can also pursue further studies or research in their area of interest.
Q. What is the admission process for BDS/MDS courses in Uttar Pradesh?
A. The admission process for BDS/MDS courses in Uttar Pradesh is based on NEET UG/NEET MDS scores, followed by counseling conducted by the respective state or central authorities. Some private colleges may conduct their own entrance exams.
Q. Can students from other states apply for admission to dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh?
A. Yes, students from other states can apply for admission to dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh, provided they meet the eligibility criteria and have a valid score in NEET UG/NEET MDS.