Dental colleges in Delhi provide students with a comprehensive understanding of dentistry, preparing them to meet the challenges of the dental profession and contribute to the oral healthcare needs of the community. Dental colleges in Delhi are on par with national standards, with a focus on both theoretical and practical aspects of dentistry. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the basic sciences, as well as clinical and practical training in various specialties of dentistry.
The dental colleges in Delhi are affiliated with recognized universities and are approved by the National Dental Commission, The colleges offer undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) programs in various specialties such as oral and maxillofacial surgery, periodontics, prosthodontics, orthodontics, and conservative dentistry.
The dental colleges in Delhi have state-of-the-art infrastructure, including well-equipped laboratories, clinics, and libraries, which facilitate a hands-on approach to learning. They also have experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields, and who impart the latest knowledge and techniques to students.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Delhi a popular destination for dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Registration Fees
- 9 Counselling Process
- 10 Documents Required
- 11 Counselling Fee
- 12 Eligibility Criteria
- 13 NEET UG Cut-off 2023
- 14 Participating Dental Colleges
- 15 NEET College Predictors
- 16 NEET Rank Predictors
- 17 Expert Admission Consultants
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
- 19 Q. Which are the top dental colleges in Delhi?
- 20 Q. What is the admission process for dental colleges in Delhi?
- 21 Q. Is there any reservation quota for admission to dental colleges in Delhi?
- 22 Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Delhi?
- 23 Q. What is the fee structure for dental colleges in Delhi?
- 24 Q. What is the scope of dental education in Delhi?
- 25 Q. What is the career scope after completing MDS from dental colleges in Delhi?
- 26 Q. What is the average salary of a dental professional in Delhi?
- 27 Q, What is the job outlook for dental professionals in Delhi?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges in Delhi||ESIC Dental College, Rohini, New DelhiFaculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New DelhiMaulana Azad Dental College & Hospital, New Delhi||ESIC Dental College, Rohini, New DelhiFaculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New DelhiMaulana Azad Dental College & Hospital, New Delhi|
Why is Delhi a popular destination for dental aspirants?
- Top-ranked dental colleges: Delhi has some of the top-ranked dental colleges in the country, such as Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences and University College of Medical Sciences, which provide quality education and clinical training in various dental specializations.
- Advanced infrastructure: Dental colleges in Delhi have state-of-the-art infrastructure, including well-equipped laboratories, clinics, and libraries, which facilitate a hands-on approach to learning.
- Experienced faculty: Delhi’s dental colleges have experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields and who impart the latest knowledge and techniques to students.
- Diverse patient population: Delhi being a metropolitan city with a diverse population, provides dental students with a wide range of oral health problems to encounter and learn about different cultural and socio-economic factors that influence oral healthcare.
- Career opportunities: Delhi being the capital city, offers numerous job opportunities for dental graduates in both government and private sectors. Dental clinics and hospitals in Delhi provide a good platform for dental graduates to establish their own practice or work in established dental clinics.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
Step 1: Access the Registration Portal
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Medical Sciences: www.fmsc.ac.in.
- Look for the “UG (MBBS/BDS) Admission” section under “Course Updates” and click on the online registration link (which will be provided later).
Step 2: Create Login Details
- If you are a first-time user, create your login details.
- On the “Confirm your Information” page, provide your NEET-UG-2023 Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Click “View” to verify your details. If correct, click “Confirm” to proceed.
Step 3: Provide Contact Information
- Enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID for future communication regarding admission.
Step 4: Set a Password
- Create a password (maximum six characters) for online registration (not your email account password).
- This password will be used to access your account throughout the admission process.
Step 5: Log In and Fill the Registration Form
- Log in using your registered email ID and the created password.
- Fill out the online registration form with accurate details. Be careful as no changes can be made later.
Step 6: Upload Documents
- Upload the following documents where required:
- Passport size photograph (120×130, jpg format, size up to 150KB)
- Scanned signature (200×50, jpg format, size up to 100KB)
- Self-attested copy of NEET-UG-2023 Admit Card (PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Person with Disability (PwBd) certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of OBC Certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for the financial year 2023-2024, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of EWS certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Allotment Letter issued by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Step 7: Make Payment
- Once all required documents are uploaded, proceed to make the online registration fee payment.
Step 10: Complete Registration
- After successful payment, your registration process is complete.
- No changes, additions, or deletions can be made after payment, so double-check your details.
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Online Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)|
|SC/ST and Person with Disabilities (PwBD)||Rs. 1000|
|All other categories (Unreserved, OBC/EWS etc.)||Rs. 1500|
Step 2: Online Registration
- Visit the official counseling website.
- Create a login ID and password if you are a first-time user.
- Log in to the portal using your credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses.
- Arrange them in your order of preference.
- Save and lock your choices when satisfied.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Present all required original documents and photocopies.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on your choices and merit, you’ll be allotted a seat.
- Check your allotment status on the official website.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
- Pay the required admission fees within the specified timeframe.
- Verify the payment status on the portal.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Visit the college where you’ve been allotted a seat.
- Complete the admission formalities and submit necessary documents.
Step 8: Upgradation (if applicable)
- If you wish to upgrade your allotted seat, follow the prescribed procedure.
- Check the updated seat allotment.
Step 9: Final Admission
- After seat upgradation, if any, complete the admission process at the newly allotted college.
- Pay the remaining fees if applicable.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Attend the commencement of classes at your allotted college.
- Start your academic journey in the chosen course
- NEET result 2023
- NEET 2023 admit card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs 1,000
- Self-attested copies of:
- Aadhaar card
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
- Father’s SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Character certificate issued by the principal of the school last attended
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate, if applicable
- OCI Card for Overseas Citizens of India
- The following certificates from the school will be required:
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- School is recognised by CBSE/COISC/Jamia Millia Islamia
- School is conducting regular classes
- A candidate who has conducted regular classes for Class 11 and Class 12
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Residence Requirement in Delhi (State Quota Seats)||Candidates should be bonafide residents of Delhi.|
The candidate or their parents must produce a Delhi Residence Certificate as per government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV, or any modifications issued by the competent authority from time to time.
|Eligibility for Management Category (All India)||For Management Category seats, candidates from all over India are eligible, irrespective of their state of domicile and place of study.|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria for All Categories||All candidates, including General/SC/SC(Deprived)/BC-A/BC-B/Benchmark disabilities/EWS/ESM/FF, must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, qualifications, and qualifying criteria as prescribed in the information bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) issued by NTA for the Academic year 2023-24.|
Candidates must score at least the minimum eligibility marks specified in the NEET UG-2023 Information Bulletin to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET UG Cut-off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Delhi
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|1||Army Hospital (Research and Referral) Delhi Cantt, Delhi||Aligarh Muslim University||Government||1996||–||—|
|2||Esic Dental College & Hospital||Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi||Government||2010||62||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|3||Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi||Government||2009||50||—|
|4||Lady Hardinge Medical College & Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital New Delhi||–||Government||2005||–|
|5||Maulana Azad Dental College & Hospital, New Delhi||Delhi University, Delhi||Government||1983||50||Rs. 25.000/-|
|6||University College of Medical Sciences, Dilshad Garden||Delhi University, Delhi||Government||1971||—||—|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which are the top dental colleges in Delhi?
A. Some of the top dental colleges in Delhi include Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, University College of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry – Jamia Millia Islamia, and Institute of Dental Studies and Technologies.
Q. What is the admission process for dental colleges in Delhi?
A. The admission process for dental colleges in Delhi is conducted through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for both BDS and MDS courses. Candidates must also meet the eligibility criteria set by the respective institution.
Q. Is there any reservation quota for admission to dental colleges in Delhi?
A. Yes, there is a reservation quota for admission to dental colleges in Delhi. As per the government regulations, 15% of the total seats are reserved for All India Quota, while the remaining seats are reserved for candidates from the state of Delhi. In addition, there are reservation quotas for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, and EWS categories.
Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Delhi?
A. The BDS course in dental colleges in Delhi has a duration of four years, followed by a one-year mandatory internship.
Q. What is the fee structure for dental colleges in Delhi?
A. The fee structure for dental colleges in Delhi varies depending on the institution and the course. The fees for BDS can range from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 per year, while the fees for MDS can range from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 per year.
Q. What is the scope of dental education in Delhi?
A. Delhi has a high demand for dental professionals due to its large population and growing healthcare needs. Dental professionals can find job opportunities in private clinics, hospitals, research institutes, dental colleges, and government organizations.
Q. What is the career scope after completing MDS from dental colleges in Delhi?
A. After completing MDS from dental colleges in Delhi, candidates can pursue various career paths such as private practice, academic teaching, research, public health, and hospital administration. MDS graduates can also choose to specialize in a particular field of dentistry such as orthodontics, prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and oral medicine and radiology.
Q. What is the average salary of a dental professional in Delhi?
A. The average salary of a dental professional in Delhi depends on various factors such as experience, education, skills, and the type of organization. On average, a BDS graduate can expect a starting salary of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month, while an MDS graduate can earn anywhere between Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 per month.
Q, What is the job outlook for dental professionals in Delhi?
A. The job outlook for dental professionals in Delhi is positive, with a growing demand for qualified dental practitioners in both the public and private sectors. Delhi has a large number of private dental clinics, hospitals, and research institutes, providing ample job opportunities for dental professionals.