Jamia Millia Islamia Faculty of Dentistry New Delhi is a premier dental college located in New Delhi, India. The institution was founded in 2009 and has aspirations for continuous expansion and development in the future academic years. The college is affiliated with Jamia Millia Islamia University and has received recognition from the National Dental Commission.
The college offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program The BDS program at Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry is a four-year program followed by a one-year compulsory internship. The curriculum is aimed to provide students a thorough grasp of dental sciences and how they might be used in clinical settings.
Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry is well-known for its academic quality, research facilities, and community outreach activities. The institution offers several options for students to participate in extracurricular activities such as athletics, cultural events, and community service projects. The college also offers financial support to meritorious students through several scholarship programmes.
The college has a well-established clinical setting that offers low-cost dental treatments to customers. The clinics are outfitted with the most up-to-date dental tools and technology, assuring the greatest level of care and treatment. In addition, the institution maintains affiliations with several hospitals and clinics for specialised treatments and referrals.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 BDS Internship
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
- 11 Counselling Registration
- 12 Counselling Registration Fees
- 13 Counselling Process
- 14 Documents Required
- 15 Counselling Fee
- 16 Eligibility Criteria
- 17 NEET UG Cut-off 2023
- 18 Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry, New Delhi Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
- 19 Ranking & Reputation
- 20 NEET College Predictors
- 21 NEET Rank Predictors
- 22 Expert Admission Consultants
- 23 Frequently Asked Questions
- 24 Q. What are the courses offered by Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry?
- 25 Q. Is the college affiliated with any university?
- 26 Q. Is the college recognized by the National Dental Commission?
- 27 Q. What is the duration of the BDS program?
- 28 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the BDS program?
- 29 Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
- 30 Q. Does the college have a dedicated research wing?
|Name of Institute||Jamia Millia Islamia Faculty of Dentistry New Delhi|
|Popular Name||Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry, New Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Affiliated to||Jamia Millia Islamia University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Counselling conducting authority||Faculty of Medical Sciences and GGSIPU|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Delhi|
|Contact||Address: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, INDIA|
Email ID: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry provides modern facilities to its students to ensure they receive the best possible education and training. The college is dedicated to providing a comfortable and conducive learning environment that promotes academic excellence and overall growth of its students. Here are some of the facilities offered by the college:
- Well-equipped dental clinics: The college has well-equipped dental clinics with the latest dental instruments and technologies. The clinics are aimed to provide students hands-on experience with various dental treatments.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and online resources related to dental sciences. The library is open to students and faculty members and provides a quiet and conducive environment for studying.
- Lecture halls: The college has well-equipped lecture halls with audio-visual aids such as projectors and screens. The halls are spacious and air-conditioned, ensuring students have a comfortable learning experience.
- Laboratories: The anatomy and physiology lab, microbiology lab, and biochemistry lab are among the laboratories available at the college. These labs are equipped with the latest equipment and technologies to ensure students receive hands-on training in various dental sciences.
- Research wing: The college has a dedicated research wing that encourages students and faculty members to participate in research projects and present papers at national and international conferences. The wing provides students with access to research equipment and facilities.
- Clinical facilities: The college has a well-established clinical setup that provides dental services to patients at nominal fees. The clinics are equipped with the latest dental instruments and technologies, ensuring the highest standards of care and treatment.
- Hostel: The college provides hostel facilities for outstation students. The hostels are spacious and comfortable, providing students with a safe and secure living environment.
- Sports facilities: The college has sports facilities such as a sports ground, indoor sports facilities, and a gymnasium. These facilities are designed to promote physical fitness and overall well-being among students.
- Department of Oral medicine and Radiology
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Pediatric Dentistry
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Department of Conservative Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology and Dental Anatomy-Histology
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Department of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
Faculty and Staff
The Faculty of Dentistry at Jamia Millia Islamia has a dedicated and experienced team of faculty and staff members that work together to give students quality education and training. The college is dedicated to encouraging academic success and overall student progress. Here is an overview of the faculty and staff at the college:
- Professors: The college features knowledgeable academics who are specialists in their professions. They have a wide academic background and teaching experience. They are in charge of instructing and advising students in their particular fields of study.
- Associate professors: Associate professors work alongside professors to help them educate and guide students. They have extensive expertise in their respective professions and contribute to academic and research initiatives.
- Assistant professors: The college has a staff of assistant professors that help professors and associate professors with teaching and research. They are in charge of delivering practical sessions, seminars, and workshops to pupils.
- Clinical personnel: In the college clinics, a team of skilled clinical professionals provides dental treatments to patients. They have substantial clinical expertise and are in charge of teaching students how to perform clinical procedures.
- Administrative staff: The institution employs a team of administrative personnel who give assistance to students and faculty members. They are in charge of administrative activities such as admissions, exams, and record keeping.
- Technical staff: The college has a technical staff that maintains the labs and equipment. They make certain that the labs are well-equipped and that the equipment is in good operating order.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||50|
For UG Course
|First Year||Second Year||Third year||Fourth Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG courses
|BDS||Will Be notified Soon|
Delhi NEET COunselling 2023
Step 1: Access the Registration Portal
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Medical Sciences: www.fmsc.ac.in.
- Look for the “UG (MBBS/BDS) Admission” section under “Course Updates” and click on the online registration link (which will be provided later).
Step 2: Create Login Details
- If you are a first-time user, create your login details.
- On the “Confirm your Information” page, provide your NEET-UG-2023 Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Click “View” to verify your details. If correct, click “Confirm” to proceed.
Step 3: Provide Contact Information
- Enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID for future communication regarding admission.
Step 4: Set a Password
- Create a password (maximum six characters) for online registration (not your email account password).
- This password will be used to access your account throughout the admission process.
Step 5: Log In and Fill the Registration Form
- Log in using your registered email ID and the created password.
- Fill out the online registration form with accurate details. Be careful as no changes can be made later.
Step 6: Upload Documents
- Upload the following documents where required:
- Passport size photograph (120×130, jpg format, size up to 150KB)
- Scanned signature (200×50, jpg format, size up to 100KB)
- Self-attested copy of NEET-UG-2023 Admit Card (PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Person with Disability (PwBd) certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of OBC Certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for the financial year 2023-2024, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of EWS certificate (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Self-attested copy of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card (if applicable, PDF format, size up to 200KB)
- Allotment Letter issued by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Step 7: Make Payment
- Once all required documents are uploaded, proceed to make the online registration fee payment.
Step 10: Complete Registration
- After successful payment, your registration process is complete.
- No changes, additions, or deletions can be made after payment, so double-check your details.
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Online Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)|
|SC/ST and Person with Disabilities (PwBD)||Rs. 1000|
|All other categories (Unreserved, OBC/EWS etc.)||Rs. 1500|
Step 2: Online Registration
- Visit the official counseling website.
- Create a login ID and password if you are a first-time user.
- Log in to the portal using your credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses.
- Arrange them in your order of preference.
- Save and lock your choices when satisfied.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Present all required original documents and photocopies.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on your choices and merit, you’ll be allotted a seat.
- Check your allotment status on the official website.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
- Pay the required admission fees within the specified timeframe.
- Verify the payment status on the portal.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Visit the college where you’ve been allotted a seat.
- Complete the admission formalities and submit necessary documents.
Step 8: Upgradation (if applicable)
- If you wish to upgrade your allotted seat, follow the prescribed procedure.
- Check the updated seat allotment.
Step 9: Final Admission
- After seat upgradation, if any, complete the admission process at the newly allotted college.
- Pay the remaining fees if applicable.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Attend the commencement of classes at your allotted college.
- Start your academic journey in the chosen course
- NEET result 2023
- NEET 2023 admit card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs 1,000
- Self-attested copies of:
- Aadhaar card
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
- Father’s SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Character certificate issued by the principal of the school last attended
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate, if applicable
- OCI Card for Overseas Citizens of India
- The following certificates from the school will be required:
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- School is recognised by CBSE/COISC/Jamia Millia Islamia
- School is conducting regular classes
- A candidate who has conducted regular classes for Class 11 and Class 12
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Residence Requirement in Delhi (State Quota Seats)||Candidates should be bonafide residents of Delhi.|
The candidate or their parents must produce a Delhi Residence Certificate as per government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV, or any modifications issued by the competent authority from time to time.
|Eligibility for Management Category (All India)||For Management Category seats, candidates from all over India are eligible, irrespective of their state of domicile and place of study.|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria for All Categories||All candidates, including General/SC/SC(Deprived)/BC-A/BC-B/Benchmark disabilities/EWS/ESM/FF, must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, qualifications, and qualifying criteria as prescribed in the information bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) issued by NTA for the Academic year 2023-24.|
Candidates must score at least the minimum eligibility marks specified in the NEET UG-2023 Information Bulletin to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET UG Cut-off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry, New Delhi Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry, New Delhi
- Address: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, INDIA
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Email ID: Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.jmi.ac.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry, New Delhi|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the courses offered by Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry?
A. Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program.
Q. Is the college affiliated with any university?
A. Yes, Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry is affiliated with Jamia Millia Islamia University, a Central University located in New Delhi.
Q. Is the college recognized by the National Dental Commission?
A. Yes, Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Dentistry is recognized by the National Dental Commission.
Q. What is the duration of the BDS program?
A. The BDS program is of 5 years duration, including a 1-year compulsory internship.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the BDS program?
A. The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. The candidate should also have qualified in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
A. Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for outstation students.
Q. Does the college have a dedicated research wing?
A. Yes, the college has a dedicated research wing that encourages students and faculty members to participate in research projects and present papers at national and international conferences.