Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital Patna founded in 1984, is the most dynamic and prominent institution in the medical field, having trained dentists to the pinnacle of their profession for decades. The college is fortunate to have access to a bright and effective team of skilled and knowledgeable dental professionals in India and overseas. The college is affiliated with Magadh University and has recognition from the National Dental Commission, New Delhi.
The college has a vision to train general, specialized, and allied professional personnel to satisfy regional oral health care needs, and to be effective, efficient, and acceptable to the community. It also has a vision to excel in service, education, and research. The objective of the institution is to forge close ties with the community and serve those who are privileged.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 6 BDS Course Syllabus
- 7 BDS Internship
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Eligibility Criteria
- 10 NEET UG Cut Off
- 11 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 12 NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
- 13 Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences – Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 14 Counselling Registration & Process
- 15 Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 Documents Required
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 FAQS
- 20.1 Q. When was the Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital, Patna, established?
- 20.2 Q. What Are the Fees for BDS Dental Courses at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
- 20.3 Q. Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, is affiliated with which university?
- 20.4 Q. What is the location of Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
- 20.5 Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna ?
- 20.6 Q. What is the official website for the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
- 20.7 Q. Does the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, provide hostel facilities?
- 20.8 Q. Is Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, government or private?
- 20.9 Q. Is Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, a good college?
|Name of Institute||Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital Patna|
|Popular Name||Buddha Institute of Dental Science|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated to||Magadh University|
|Counselling Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG Exam & NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||BDS & MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Bihar|
|Contact||Address: West of TV Tower, Gandhinagar, Kankarbagh Patna – 800026 |
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Magadh University
- Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
- Conference Hall
Faculty and Staff
As faculties are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of Dental education at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the dental field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years||3|
|Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry||3 Years||5|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||5|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics||3 Years||5|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 Years||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years||5|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years||5|
|Oral Pathology||3 Years||3|
BDS Course Syllabus
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDs||3 rd Year||4th Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG courses
|Course||Fees (Annual)||Admission Fee||Library Fee||Exam Fee|
|BDS||Rs. 3,21,000/-||Rs. 51,000||Rs. 45,000||Rs. 30,000|
For PG courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.|
Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree.|
Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences – Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy|
Counselling Registration & Process
|I.||Registration||1. To fill out an online application form, go to BCECE Board’s website (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in) |
2. Fill in personal information.
3. Enter NEET-UG 2023 Roll No. and verify it.
4. Enter Date of Birth and other details.
5. Verify the entered data.
6. Provide a valid email ID and mobile number.
7. Receive a successful registration message.
8. Log in using the email ID and Password.
|II.||Personal Information||1. Sign in to your account.|
2. Complete personal information.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|III.||Upload Photo and Signature||1. Upload passport size photo.|
2. Upload signature in Hindi and English.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|IV.||Educational Information||1. Enter educational details.|
2. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|V.||Preview your application||1. Verify all entered information.|
2. Click “Back to Edit” for corrections if needed.
3. Click “Save & Continue” for updates.
|VI.||Payment of Counselling Fee and Security Deposit||1. Click “Proceed to Payment.”|
2. Follow payment instructions on the screen.
3. Pay Counselling Fee and Security Deposit.
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|Category||Non Refundable Fees|
|All Category (Private Colleges)||Rs. 1200|
Security Deposit (Refundable)
|Sl. N.||Institution/College Type||UR / EWS Category Fee||SC/ ST/ BC/ EBC Category Fee|
|i.||Government Medical/Dental/Veterinary||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|ii.||Private Medical Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|iii.||Private Dental College||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|iv.||Both (Private Medical & Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|v.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|vi.||Both (Government Medical/Private Dental) Colleges||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|vii.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical/Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Step Seven: Downloading of Application Form
- After paying the Counselling/Registration Fee and Security Deposit by the scheduled date and time, download the hard copy of the online submitted Application Form.
- Keep the hard copy safe as it contains all the information provided by you and your UGMAC-ID for future use during counselling.
- No need to send the hard copy to the Board’s office; keep it for the counselling session.
- Editing or modification of the application form is not allowed after submission.
- The Counselling Fee is non-refundable.
- Ensure you complete all steps before the due date, don’t wait until the last minute.
- If a payment issue occurs, do not wait, instead, re-pay the Counselling Fee/Security Deposit.
- The final merit list will be published on the Board’s website as per the advertised schedule.
- Online registration and submission are one-time processes before the 1st counselling, no further chances will be given.
- Confirm the fee structure of private colleges before applying.
- Editing opportunity will be available for those who successfully filled their application and made payment on time.
- Mop-up counselling will be offline, and details will be provided in the relevant advertisement.
- NRI candidates must select “NRI” during online registration and provide the required documents for NRI quota.
- DQ (Disability) candidates must submit the DQ certificate from authorized centers/institutes at the time of counselling.
- Bring all required original certificates/documents during counselling, including NEET(UG)-2023 Admit Card and Score Card, residential certificate, caste certificate, and more.
Step Eight: DQ (Disability) Certificate Submission
- DQ candidates must submit a Disability Certificate issued by authorized Centers/Institutes.
- After filling and downloading the hard copy of the online application form, candidates should consult any authorized Medical College/Centre/Institute for a disability test to obtain the disability certificate.
- Only certificates issued from authorized Institutes/Centers will be accepted, candidates are responsible for ensuring the certificate’s validity.
Step Nine: Submission of Required Documents
At the time of counselling/allotment on the scheduled date, every candidate must submit the following original documents:
- Original Admit Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Original Score Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Matric/equivalent exam.
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent exam.
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- All the Certificate/documents in original as per the requirements of admissions in Private Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Six copies of the passport size photographs, which were pasted on the Admit Card of NEET (UG)-2023.
- Downloaded print of Online filled Application Form of UGMAC-2023.
- Aadhar Card.
- Any other documents required, such as DQ (PH)/SMQ/EWS Certificate, etc.
Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- The merit list for UGMAC-2023 will be based on NEET (UG)-2023 results.
- There will be four rounds of counselling: Round-1, Round-2, Mop-up Round, and Stray Vacancy Round.
- Round-1 and Round-2 will be conducted online, while Mop-up Counselling will be offline.
- Candidates will fill their choices online based on the UGMAC-2023 merit list.
- Seat allotment results will be published online.
- Candidates allotted seats in Round-1 must report for physical document verification.
- Candidates who choose upgradation in Round-1 will wait for Round-2 seat allotment.
- After Round-1 seat allotment, candidates can choose to upgrade their seat for Round-2.
- If a candidate’s seat from Round-1 is retained in Round-2, they must physically report for document verification.
- Upgraded seat allotment in Round-2 requires candidates to submit their Round-1 document verification slip.
- Once a seat is retained in Round-2, the candidate must take admission; quitting is not allowed.
- Fresh choice filling/modification is available for Round-2 Counselling for eligible candidates.
- Provisional seat allotment is based on online choice filling; final allotment depends on identity and document verification.
- Candidates who have opted for upgradation in Round-1 but retain their seat in Round-2 cannot quit the seat.
- Candidates admitted in Round-1 or Round-2 cannot participate in further rounds.
- Security deposit will be refunded to candidates not admitted after all rounds.
- Security deposit will be forfeited for certain conditions, including not taking admission or discrepancies during document verification.
- Discrepancies generated during document verification can lead to seat cancellation and fresh choice filling.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the BCECE Board’s website for updates.
- MCC guidelines will be followed in case of discrepancies or confusion.
- For reserve categories, all institutions are considered as one unit.
- Dates and venue for document verification will be on the provisional allotment letter.
- Candidates must bring relevant original documents mentioned in the prospectus during verification.
- Candidates must join the course within the prescribed period in Round-2.
- Minimum percentile marks are required based on category for eligibility.
- No candidate can pursue and complete more than one course from the same examination and session.
Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna
- Address: West of TV Tower, Gandhinagar, Kankarbagh Patna – 800026
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.bidsh.org/
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna|
For UG Courses
- NEET admission card
- NEET result/scorecard
- Class 10 or similar exam passing certificate/mark sheet/admission card
- Class 12 or similar exam pass certificate/mark sheet/admission card
- Certificate of residency
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Six copies of the passport-sized photographs (same as the one printed on the admit card of NEET
- Application form for Bihar NEET or UGMA
- Aadhaar Card
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Courses
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Certificate for Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- College leaving certificate.
- Rotatory Internship Completion Certificate
- BDS Passing Certificate
- Mark sheets of BDS (I, II & III Parts).
- No objection certificate from the employer (if applicable).
- Dental Registration Certificate.
- Original Matric Certificate.
- Admit Card of NEET(MDS).
- Score Card of NEET(MDS).
- Any other certificates in support of the eligibility.
- Rank Card of PGDAC.
- Six copies of the passport-size photographs of the previously filled application form of PGDAC.
- Hard Copy of the filled application form (Part-A and Part-B) of PGDAC.
- Six (6) Photographs same as uploaded on the application form of PGDAC.
- The Check Slip as downloaded along with Biometric Identification Report Form 1 (one) copy.
NEET College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
Q. When was the Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital, Patna, established?
A. Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, was established in 1984.
Q. What Are the Fees for BDS Dental Courses at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
A. The tuition fees for BDS courses at Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna are Rs. 3,21,000/-
Q. Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, is affiliated with which university?
A. Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna is affiliated with Magadh University .
Q. What is the location of Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
A. The location of Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna at West of TV Tower, Gandhinagar, Kankarbagh Patna – 800026
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna ?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna is 100.
Q. What is the official website for the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna?
A. The official website for Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna is https://www.bidsh.org/
Q. Does the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, provide hostel facilities?
Yes, the Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Is Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, government or private?
A. The Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, is a private college.
Q. Is Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, a good college?
A. Yes, Buddha Institute of Dental Science & Hospital, Patna, is good for students who wish to pursue medical courses. The college provides students with excellent infrastructure and facilities.