Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital Patna is a reputed dental college in that provides top-quality dental education and training to its students. The college was established in 1990 with the aim of providing top-quality dental education and training to aspiring dental professionals. The college is affiliated with Magadh University and has received recognition from the National Dental Commission. The college offers a 5-year undergraduate Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course, and a 3-year postgraduate Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course in various specializations.
The faculty at Dr. B.R. AIDS & Hospital is highly experienced and well-qualified. The college has a team of experienced professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers who impart theoretical knowledge and practical training to the students. The faculty members are experts in their respective fields, and they are dedicated to providing the best education to their students.
The college also has a strong alumni network that helps in creating opportunities for its students. The alumni association helps in creating job opportunities, research collaborations, and networking opportunities for the students.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 7 BDS Internship
- 8 Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Eligibility Criteria
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 13 NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences – Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Counselling Registration & Process
- 16 Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 Documents Required
- 20 NEET College Predictors
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions
- 21.1 Q. What is the location of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna?
- 21.2 Q. Is Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna a government or private institute?
- 21.3 Q. Does the institute have hostel facilities for students?
- 21.4 Q. What is the admission process for the MDS course?
- 21.5 Q. What is the intake capacity of the institute for the BDS course?
- 21.6 Q. What are the specialties offered in the MDS course?
- 21.7 Q. Does the institute have a dental clinic for patients?
- 21.8 Q. What are the facilities available at the institute for students?
- 21.9 Q. Does the institute have a research program?
|Name of Institute||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna|
|Popular Name||Dr. B.R. AIDS & Hospita, Patna|
|Year of Establishment||1990|
|Affiliated to||Magadh University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for MDS courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Course||BDS & MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Bihar|
|Contact||Address: Hari Om Nagar, New Bailey Road West Of Canal, Patna-801503 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Magadh University
- Approved by: National Dental Commission
- Aid Status: Private
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital gives a variety of amenities to its students in order to establish a favourable and pleasant learning environment. The infrastructure, facilities, and amenities of the institution guarantee that students have access to all of the resources they need to flourish in their academic and professional interests. The following are some of the services provided by the college:
- Library: The college’s library is well-stocked with books, journals, and publications relating to dentistry and adjacent subjects. The library offers electronic books and journals as well as other digital tools to help students in their studies.
- Laboratories: The institution offers well-equipped and contemporary labs for each discipline, including prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics. The labs are outfitted with cutting-edge technology and equipment to offer students with hands-on experience.
- Lecture Halls: The institution offers well-ventilated lecture halls with sophisticated audio-visual aids. The lecture halls are intended to offer students with a comfortable learning environment.
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities for males and girls, which are located on the college grounds. The hostels are well-kept and offer basic services such as Wi-Fi, power, and 24-hour security.
- Hospital: The facility is outfitted with cutting-edge technology and equipment to offer patients with high-quality dental care. Oral and maxillofacial surgery, prosthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, and pedodontics are among the departments of the institution.
- Sports and Recreation: The institution offers a playground and sports facilities where students can participate in outdoor sports. The institution also arranges a variety of cultural and recreational events to encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge
- Public Health Dentistry (Community Dentistry)
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
Faculty and Staff
- The teachers and support staff at the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital are devoted to giving their students the greatest instruction and training possible. They are all highly qualified and experienced. The support staff makes sure that the college works efficiently, while the faculty members of the institution contribute a wealth of expertise and knowledge to the classroom. Students can achieve their academic and professional objectives because of the supportive atmosphere that the instructors and staff at the institution has establish.
- They are committed to giving their pupils the greatest education possible and making sure that they have a solid grasp of the material. In addition, the faculty members advise and assist the students in their academic endeavours and clinical training.
- Besides the teaching staff, the institution also employs a group of administrative and support personnel to make sure everything runs well. They oversee a number of operational facets of the college, including admission, accounting, student services, and facility management. The support staff is crucial in establishing a welcoming and helpful learning environment for the students.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||40|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years||2|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years||2|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Journals & Magazine||4000|
|Sports & Games||4000|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.|
Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree.|
Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences – Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy|
Counselling Registration & Process
|I.||Registration||1. To fill out an online application form, go to BCECE Board’s website (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in) |
2. Fill in personal information.
3. Enter NEET-UG 2023 Roll No. and verify it.
4. Enter Date of Birth and other details.
5. Verify the entered data.
6. Provide a valid email ID and mobile number.
7. Receive a successful registration message.
8. Log in using the email ID and Password.
|II.||Personal Information||1. Sign in to your account.|
2. Complete personal information.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|III.||Upload Photo and Signature||1. Upload passport size photo.|
2. Upload signature in Hindi and English.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|IV.||Educational Information||1. Enter educational details.|
2. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|V.||Preview your application||1. Verify all entered information.|
2. Click “Back to Edit” for corrections if needed.
3. Click “Save & Continue” for updates.
|VI.||Payment of Counselling Fee and Security Deposit||1. Click “Proceed to Payment.”|
2. Follow payment instructions on the screen.
3. Pay Counselling Fee and Security Deposit.
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|Category||Non Refundable Fees|
|All Category (Private Colleges)||Rs. 1200|
Security Deposit (Refundable)
|Sl. N.||Institution/College Type||UR / EWS Category Fee||SC/ ST/ BC/ EBC Category Fee|
|i.||Government Medical/Dental/Veterinary||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|ii.||Private Medical Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|iii.||Private Dental College||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|iv.||Both (Private Medical & Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|v.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|vi.||Both (Government Medical/Private Dental) Colleges||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|vii.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical/Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Step Seven: Downloading of Application Form
- After paying the Counselling/Registration Fee and Security Deposit by the scheduled date and time, download the hard copy of the online submitted Application Form.
- Keep the hard copy safe as it contains all the information provided by you and your UGMAC-ID for future use during counselling.
- No need to send the hard copy to the Board’s office; keep it for the counselling session.
- Editing or modification of the application form is not allowed after submission.
- The Counselling Fee is non-refundable.
- Ensure you complete all steps before the due date, don’t wait until the last minute.
- If a payment issue occurs, do not wait, instead, re-pay the Counselling Fee/Security Deposit.
- The final merit list will be published on the Board’s website as per the advertised schedule.
- Online registration and submission are one-time processes before the 1st counselling, no further chances will be given.
- Confirm the fee structure of private colleges before applying.
- Editing opportunity will be available for those who successfully filled their application and made payment on time.
- Mop-up counselling will be offline, and details will be provided in the relevant advertisement.
- NRI candidates must select “NRI” during online registration and provide the required documents for NRI quota.
- DQ (Disability) candidates must submit the DQ certificate from authorized centers/institutes at the time of counselling.
- Bring all required original certificates/documents during counselling, including NEET(UG)-2023 Admit Card and Score Card, residential certificate, caste certificate, and more.
Step Eight: DQ (Disability) Certificate Submission
- DQ candidates must submit a Disability Certificate issued by authorized Centers/Institutes.
- After filling and downloading the hard copy of the online application form, candidates should consult any authorized Medical College/Centre/Institute for a disability test to obtain the disability certificate.
- Only certificates issued from authorized Institutes/Centers will be accepted, candidates are responsible for ensuring the certificate’s validity.
Step Nine: Submission of Required Documents
At the time of counselling/allotment on the scheduled date, every candidate must submit the following original documents:
- Original Admit Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Original Score Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Matric/equivalent exam.
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent exam.
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- All the Certificate/documents in original as per the requirements of admissions in Private Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Six copies of the passport size photographs, which were pasted on the Admit Card of NEET (UG)-2023.
- Downloaded print of Online filled Application Form of UGMAC-2023.
- Aadhar Card.
- Any other documents required, such as DQ (PH)/SMQ/EWS Certificate, etc.
Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- The merit list for UGMAC-2023 will be based on NEET (UG)-2023 results.
- There will be four rounds of counselling: Round-1, Round-2, Mop-up Round, and Stray Vacancy Round.
- Round-1 and Round-2 will be conducted online, while Mop-up Counselling will be offline.
- Candidates will fill their choices online based on the UGMAC-2023 merit list.
- Seat allotment results will be published online.
- Candidates allotted seats in Round-1 must report for physical document verification.
- Candidates who choose upgradation in Round-1 will wait for Round-2 seat allotment.
- After Round-1 seat allotment, candidates can choose to upgrade their seat for Round-2.
- If a candidate’s seat from Round-1 is retained in Round-2, they must physically report for document verification.
- Upgraded seat allotment in Round-2 requires candidates to submit their Round-1 document verification slip.
- Once a seat is retained in Round-2, the candidate must take admission; quitting is not allowed.
- Fresh choice filling/modification is available for Round-2 Counselling for eligible candidates.
- Provisional seat allotment is based on online choice filling; final allotment depends on identity and document verification.
- Candidates who have opted for upgradation in Round-1 but retain their seat in Round-2 cannot quit the seat.
- Candidates admitted in Round-1 or Round-2 cannot participate in further rounds.
- Security deposit will be refunded to candidates not admitted after all rounds.
- Security deposit will be forfeited for certain conditions, including not taking admission or discrepancies during document verification.
- Discrepancies generated during document verification can lead to seat cancellation and fresh choice filling.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the BCECE Board’s website for updates.
- MCC guidelines will be followed in case of discrepancies or confusion.
- For reserve categories, all institutions are considered as one unit.
- Dates and venue for document verification will be on the provisional allotment letter.
- Candidates must bring relevant original documents mentioned in the prospectus during verification.
- Candidates must join the course within the prescribed period in Round-2.
- Minimum percentile marks are required based on category for eligibility.
- No candidate can pursue and complete more than one course from the same examination and session.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna
- Address: Hari Om Nagar, New Bailey Road West Of Canal, Patna-801503
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://ambedkardental.co.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna|
For UG Courses
- NEET admission card
- NEET result/scorecard
- Class 10 or similar exam passing certificate/mark sheet/admission card
- Class 12 or similar exam pass certificate/mark sheet/admission card
- Certificate of residency
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Six copies of the passport-sized photographs (same as the one printed on the admit card of NEET
- Application form for Bihar NEET or UGMA
- Aadhaar Card
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Courses
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Certificate for Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- College leaving certificate.
- Rotatory Internship Completion Certificate
- BDS Passing Certificate
- Mark sheets of BDS (I, II & III Parts).
- No objection certificate from the employer (if applicable).
- Dental Registration Certificate.
- Original Matric Certificate.
- Admit Card of NEET(MDS).
- Score Card of NEET(MDS).
- Any other certificates in support of the eligibility.
- Rank Card of PGDAC.
- Six copies of the passport-size photographs of the previously filled application form of PGDAC.
- Hard Copy of the filled application form (Part-A and Part-B) of PGDAC.
- Six (6) Photographs same as uploaded on the application form of PGDAC.
- The Check Slip as downloaded along with Biometric Identification Report Form 1 (one) copy.
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the location of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna?
A. The institute is located at Bailey Road, Raja Bazar, Near Punjab National Bank, Patna, Bihar, India.
Q. Is Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna a government or private institute?
A. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna is a Private institute.
Q. Does the institute have hostel facilities for students?
A. Yes, the institute has separate hostel facilities for both male and female students.
Q. What is the admission process for the MDS course?
A. Candidates need to qualify NEET MDS Exam and do the registration for counselling at respective state college for state quota and MCC for AIQ seat.
Q. What is the intake capacity of the institute for the BDS course?
A. The intake capacity of the institute for the BDS course is 40 students per year.
Q. What are the specialties offered in the MDS course?
A. The institute offers MDS courses in four specialties: Periodontology, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, Oral Medicine & Radiology, Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Q. Does the institute have a dental clinic for patients?
A. Yes, the institute has a dental clinic for patients that is open from Monday to Saturday.
Q. What are the facilities available at the institute for students?
A. The institute has facilities such as a library, an auditorium, a sports complex, a canteen, and a Wi-Fi enabled campus.
Q. Does the institute have a research program?
A. Yes, the institute has a research program and encourages students and faculty to undertake research projects in the field of dentistry.