Dental colleges in Bihar have evolved over the course of years to provide the state’s population with the best healthcare and education possible. Dental education in Bihar’s dental colleges is comprehensive and designed to equip students with both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The curriculum of these colleges is in line with the guidelines provided by the National Dental Commission.
The dental colleges in Bihar offer undergraduate courses such as Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), which is a five-year program that includes one year of internship. The course curriculum includes subjects such as dental anatomy, physiology, pathology, microbiology, pharmacology, oral medicine, and radiology. Students also learn about various dental procedures, including restorative dentistry, prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and pedodontics.
The focus of dental education in dental colleges in Bihar also includes fostering the students’ professionalism, ethics, and communication abilities. For the purpose of exposing the students to the most recent developments in dentistry, the colleges also host conferences, workshops, and seminars.
Dental education in Bihar’s dental colleges is thorough and designed to give students the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to become successful dentists. To guarantee that the students receive a top-notch education, the colleges provide first-rate infrastructure, knowledgeable faculty, and cutting-edge teaching techniques.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Bihar a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Counselling Registration & Process
- 7 Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- 8 Counselling Fee
- 9 Participating Dental Colleges
- 10 NEET College Predictors
- 11 NEET Rank Predictors
- 12 Expert Admission Consultants
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Q: What are the popular Dental Colleges in Bihar?
- 15 Q: What are the courses offered by Dental Colleges in Bihar?
- 16 Q: What is BDS?
- 17 Q: What is MDS?
- 18 Q: How long does it take to complete BDS?
- 19 Q: How long does it take to complete MDS?
- 20 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for BDS In dental college in Bihar?
- 21 Q: What is the job outlook for Dental graduates from Bihar?
- 22 Q: What are the job prospects after completing BDS or MDS?
- 23 Q: What is the average salary of a dental professional in India?
- 24 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for MDS?
Dental Course Facts
Why is Bihar a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- For those seeking dental training, Bihar has grown in popularity for a variety of reasons. First off, the state is home to a number of reputable dental colleges that provide students with top-notch instruction and training. These colleges appeal to students because of their qualified faculty, cutting-edge facilities, and modern infrastructure.
- In addition, Bihar’s dental schools are more reasonably priced than those in many other Indian states in terms of tuition. As a result, students from various socioeconomic backgrounds can access them.
- Also , there is a high demand for dental professionals in Bihar due to the state’s large population. Due to the increased focus on dental education and training as a result, the state is now a desirable location for those who wish to pursue a career in dentistry.
- Bihar is a desirable location for students from across the nation due to its vibrant student community and rich cultural heritage. The state offers a special synthesis of tradition and modernity, making it an excellent location for students to learn and advance both personally and professionally.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Counselling Registration & Process
|I.||Registration||1. To fill out an online application form, go to BCECE Board’s website (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in) |
2. Fill in personal information.
3. Enter NEET-UG 2023 Roll No. and verify it.
4. Enter Date of Birth and other details.
5. Verify the entered data.
6. Provide a valid email ID and mobile number.
7. Receive a successful registration message.
8. Log in using the email ID and Password.
|II.||Personal Information||1. Sign in to your account.|
2. Complete personal information.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|III.||Upload Photo and Signature||1. Upload passport size photo.|
2. Upload signature in Hindi and English.
3. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|IV.||Educational Information||1. Enter educational details.|
2. Click on “Save & Continue.”
|V.||Preview your application||1. Verify all entered information.|
2. Click “Back to Edit” for corrections if needed.
3. Click “Save & Continue” for updates.
|VI.||Payment of Counselling Fee and Security Deposit||1. Click “Proceed to Payment.”|
2. Follow payment instructions on the screen.
3. Pay Counselling Fee and Security Deposit.
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|Category||Non Refundable Fees|
|All Category (Private Colleges)||Rs. 1200|
Security Deposit (Refundable)
|Sl. N.||Institution/College Type||UR / EWS Category Fee||SC/ ST/ BC/ EBC Category Fee|
|i.||Government Medical/Dental/Veterinary||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|ii.||Private Medical Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|iii.||Private Dental College||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|iv.||Both (Private Medical & Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|v.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|vi.||Both (Government Medical/Private Dental) Colleges||Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
|vii.||Both (Government Medical/Private Medical/Dental) Colleges||Rs. 2,00,000/-||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Step Seven: Downloading of Application Form
- After paying the Counselling/Registration Fee and Security Deposit by the scheduled date and time, download the hard copy of the online submitted Application Form.
- Keep the hard copy safe as it contains all the information provided by you and your UGMAC-ID for future use during counselling.
- No need to send the hard copy to the Board’s office; keep it for the counselling session.
- Editing or modification of the application form is not allowed after submission.
- The Counselling Fee is non-refundable.
- Ensure you complete all steps before the due date, don’t wait until the last minute.
- If a payment issue occurs, do not wait, instead, re-pay the Counselling Fee/Security Deposit.
- The final merit list will be published on the Board’s website as per the advertised schedule.
- Online registration and submission are one-time processes before the 1st counselling, no further chances will be given.
- Confirm the fee structure of private colleges before applying.
- Editing opportunity will be available for those who successfully filled their application and made payment on time.
- Mop-up counselling will be offline, and details will be provided in the relevant advertisement.
- NRI candidates must select “NRI” during online registration and provide the required documents for NRI quota.
- DQ (Disability) candidates must submit the DQ certificate from authorized centers/institutes at the time of counselling.
- Bring all required original certificates/documents during counselling, including NEET(UG)-2023 Admit Card and Score Card, residential certificate, caste certificate, and more.
Step Eight: DQ (Disability) Certificate Submission
- DQ candidates must submit a Disability Certificate issued by authorized Centers/Institutes.
- After filling and downloading the hard copy of the online application form, candidates should consult any authorized Medical College/Centre/Institute for a disability test to obtain the disability certificate.
- Only certificates issued from authorized Institutes/Centers will be accepted, candidates are responsible for ensuring the certificate’s validity.
Step Nine: Submission of Required Documents
At the time of counselling/allotment on the scheduled date, every candidate must submit the following original documents:
- Original Admit Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Original Score Card of NEET(UG)-2023
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Matric/equivalent exam.
- Passing Certificate/Mark sheet/Admit Card of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent exam.
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- All the Certificate/documents in original as per the requirements of admissions in Private Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Six copies of the passport size photographs, which were pasted on the Admit Card of NEET (UG)-2023.
- Downloaded print of Online filled Application Form of UGMAC-2023.
- Aadhar Card.
- Any other documents required, such as DQ (PH)/SMQ/EWS Certificate, etc.
Conditions for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Method of Selection and Admission
- The merit list for UGMAC-2023 will be based on NEET (UG)-2023 results.
- There will be four rounds of counselling: Round-1, Round-2, Mop-up Round, and Stray Vacancy Round.
- Round-1 and Round-2 will be conducted online, while Mop-up Counselling will be offline.
- Candidates will fill their choices online based on the UGMAC-2023 merit list.
- Seat allotment results will be published online.
- Candidates allotted seats in Round-1 must report for physical document verification.
- Candidates who choose upgradation in Round-1 will wait for Round-2 seat allotment.
- After Round-1 seat allotment, candidates can choose to upgrade their seat for Round-2.
- If a candidate’s seat from Round-1 is retained in Round-2, they must physically report for document verification.
- Upgraded seat allotment in Round-2 requires candidates to submit their Round-1 document verification slip.
- Once a seat is retained in Round-2, the candidate must take admission; quitting is not allowed.
- Fresh choice filling/modification is available for Round-2 Counselling for eligible candidates.
- Provisional seat allotment is based on online choice filling; final allotment depends on identity and document verification.
- Candidates who have opted for upgradation in Round-1 but retain their seat in Round-2 cannot quit the seat.
- Candidates admitted in Round-1 or Round-2 cannot participate in further rounds.
- Security deposit will be refunded to candidates not admitted after all rounds.
- Security deposit will be forfeited for certain conditions, including not taking admission or discrepancies during document verification.
- Discrepancies generated during document verification can lead to seat cancellation and fresh choice filling.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the BCECE Board’s website for updates.
- MCC guidelines will be followed in case of discrepancies or confusion.
- For reserve categories, all institutions are considered as one unit.
- Dates and venue for document verification will be on the provisional allotment letter.
- Candidates must bring relevant original documents mentioned in the prospectus during verification.
- Candidates must join the course within the prescribed period in Round-2.
- Minimum percentile marks are required based on category for eligibility.
- No candidate can pursue and complete more than one course from the same examination and session.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC is conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Bihar
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|1||Patna Dental College & Hospital, Patna||Aryabhatta Knowledge University||Goverment||1960||40||Rs 4,100/-|
|2||Government Dental College & Hospital, Nalanda||Government||2023||100||Government|
Private Dental Colleges in Bihar
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|1||Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Kankarbagh, Patna||Magadh University||Private||1985||100||Rs. 3,21,000|
|2||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna||Magadh University||Private||1990||40||Rs. 2,00,000|
|3||Mithila Minority Dental College & Hospital, Darbhanga||Lalit Narayan Mithila University||Private||1989||60||Rs. 2,82,000|
|4||Sarjug Dental College, Darbhanga||Lalit Narayan Mithila||Private||1988||40||Rs. 3,50,000|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the popular Dental Colleges in Bihar?
A: Some of the popular Dental Colleges in Bihar are Patna Dental College and Hospital, Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital, and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital.
Q: What are the courses offered by Dental Colleges in Bihar?
A: Dental Colleges in Bihar offer undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) programs in dentistry.
Q: What is BDS?
A: BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. It is an undergraduate program in dentistry.
Q: What is MDS?
A: MDS stands for Master of Dental Surgery. It is a postgraduate program in dentistry.
Q: How long does it take to complete BDS?
A: BDS is a 5-year undergraduate program.
Q: How long does it take to complete MDS?
A: MDS is a 3-year postgraduate program.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for BDS In dental college in Bihar?
A: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects. The candidate must also have qualified in the NEET entrance exam.
Q: What is the job outlook for Dental graduates from Bihar?
A: The job outlook for Dental graduates from Bihar is positive, with a growing demand for dental services in the country. After completing BDS or MDS, graduates can work in private practice, hospitals, government and non-governmental organizations, dental industry, and academic institutions.
Q: What are the job prospects after completing BDS or MDS?
A: After completing BDS or MDS, graduates can work in private practice, hospitals, government and non-governmental organizations, dental industry, and academic institutions.
Q: What is the average salary of a dental professional in India?
A: The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on various factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. However, on average, a BDS fresher can earn between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month, while an MDS fresher can earn between Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for MDS?
A: The candidate must have completed BDS from a recognized university. The candidate must also have qualified in the NEET PG entrance exam.