Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata, is a prestigious institution with a history reaching to the year 1963. This institution, which is affiliated with the prominent West Bengal University of Health Sciences in Kolkata and is recognised by the National Medical Commission, is at the forefront of medical education and healthcare in the region.
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences is dedicated to provide students with a cutting-edge learning environment. The institution has cutting-edge facilities, guaranteeing that students have access to the most up-to-date resources and technologies, which are essential in the area of medicine.
The institution is committed to developing the next generation of medical professionals by offering MD/MS courses in a variety of specialisations. Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences is a hallmark of medical education and healthcare advancement in Kolkata, with a focus on academic excellence, practical skills, and research possibilities.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered For PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 11 West Bengal NEET PG Counselling Process
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Round of Counselling
- 14 Documents Required For MD
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 MD College Predictor
- 18 MD Admission Consultant
- 19 MS College Predictor
- 20 MS Admission Consultant
- 21 FAQs
- 22 What is Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata (VIMS)?
- 23 Is VIMS affiliated with any university?
- 24 What medical programs are offered at VIMS, Kolkata?
- 25 How long is the duration of the medical courses at VIMS?
- 26 Does VIMS provide clinical training and practical experience for its students?
- 27 Is VIMS recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 28 What are the research facilities available at VIMS for students and faculty?
|Name of Institute||Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata|
|Popular Name||VIM, Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1963|
|Affiliated||West Bengal University of Health Sciences,Kolkata|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD & MS Course|
|Contact Details||Address: 99, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 026|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- West Bengal University of Health Sciences,Kolkata
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Private
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata, is dedicated to providing its students with a conducive and enriching learning environment. The institution is equipped with a wide range of facilities to support students in their academic and practical endeavors:
- Modern Lecture Halls: The institution features spacious and well-equipped lecture halls, facilitating interactive teaching and learning. These halls are equipped with audio-visual aids to enhance the educational experience.
- Library: The institution’s library is a treasure trove of medical literature, research materials, and journals. It offers a quiet and conducive space for study and research.
- Laboratories: Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences maintains cutting-edge laboratories to ensure students gain hands-on experience in various medical disciplines. These labs are well-equipped with the latest technology for experiments and research.
- Clinical Training: With affiliations to renowned hospitals, students have the opportunity to engage with a diverse range of clinical cases, ensuring they are well-prepared for real-world medical practice.
- Hostel Facilities: For out-of-town students, the institution offers comfortable and secure hostel accommodations on the campus, creating a supportive living environment.
- Recreational Areas: The college emphasizes a holistic approach to education and offers recreational areas where students can unwind and participate in extracurricular activities.
- Cafeteria: The institution’s cafeteria provides a variety of nutritious food options, catering to diverse dietary preferences, and ensuring that students stay energized throughout their studies.
- Computer Labs: In an era where technology is integral to medicine, the institution’s computer labs are well-equipped, allowing students to stay up-to-date with the latest medical software and research tools.
- Sports Facilities: A sound body complements a sound mind. The institution provides sports facilities to help students maintain their physical well-being and manage stress effectively.
- Medical Research Centers: Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences actively promotes research in the field of medicine. Its research centers offer resources and support for students and faculty engaged in groundbreaking medical research.
Faculty and Staff
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata, takes immense pride in its accomplished faculty and dedicated support staff. These individuals play a pivotal role in shaping the educational journey and ensuring the overall success of the institution. Here’s a closer look at the remarkable faculty and staff members at the institute:
- Professors and Lecturers: The institute’s esteemed professors and lecturers are experts in their respective medical fields. They bring extensive knowledge and experience to the classroom, providing students with in-depth insights and guidance.
- Clinical Instructors: Many of the clinical instructors at the institute are practicing healthcare professionals. They offer real-world, practical experience to students during clinical rotations, a critical aspect of their medical training.
- Research Scholars: The institute actively fosters a culture of medical research, with research scholars leading innovative studies and projects. They mentor and guide students in their research pursuits, encouraging innovation and scientific inquiry.
- Administrative and Support Staff: Beyond academics, the administrative and support staff ensure the smooth operation of the institution. They assist with admissions, logistics, and provide an efficient and supportive environment for students.
- Counselors and Mentors: Recognizing the unique challenges faced by medical students, counselors and mentors offer emotional support and guidance, helping students manage stress and navigate the complexities of their medical education.
- Librarians: The institute’s dedicated librarians curate an extensive collection of medical literature and research materials, providing invaluable assistance to students and faculty in their research and studies.
- Laboratory Technicians: Proficient laboratory technicians play a crucial role in maintaining and equipping the institution’s laboratories with cutting-edge equipment, enabling students to conduct experiments and research effectively.
- Hostel Wardens: For students residing in on-campus hostels, hostel wardens create a secure and supportive living environment, fostering a sense of community and well-being.
- Cafeteria Staff: The cafeteria staff ensures that students are well-nourished with a variety of dietary options, guaranteeing they have the energy to meet the demands of their studies.
- IT Support: In an era where technology is integral to medicine, the institute’s IT support team ensures that students and faculty have access to the latest technology and provides technical assistance when needed.
Course Offered For PG Course
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||7|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||4|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||8|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||5|
|MS – ENT||3 years||3|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis||3 years||2|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||4|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|MD/MS||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Permanent Residence||The candidate must have a permanent residence in the state of West Bengal or outside the state of West Bengal.|
|NEET PG Qualification||The candidate must have qualified in NEET PG Medical/Dental 2023.|
|MBBS/BDS Passing State||The candidate can be of any MBBS/BDS passing state.|
|Reservation||There is no reservation (EWS/SC/ST/OBC/OBCA/OBCB/PwD) in Private Management Quota seats.|
|Eligibility for State Quota Seats||Candidates who are eligible to participate in the West Bengal state quota seats 2023 are also eligible to participate in Private Management Quota seat allotment if they wish so.|
|Internship||Completion of one year of internship or likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March.|
|Private Medical College Eligibility||Any candidate who is a citizen of India and has permanent residence in the State of West Bengal or outside the State of West Bengal, who is qualified through NEET PG Medical/Dental 2023 can apply for the management quota of the Private Medical College in West Bengal (as applicable).|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
West Bengal NEET PG Counselling Process
Step 1: Online Registration & Application
- Visit the website https://wbmcc.nic.in and complete the online registration and application process within the scheduled time.
- Enter Roll No, Name, Date of birth in the New Registration click button.
- Provide additional information such as fathers/mothers name, address, phone no, internship completion details, etc.
- If any wrong information is provided, use the “edit registration details” button to correct it.
- Select whether you are an Indian or NRI/OCI/PIO, Open/In-service, Physically challenged or not, already pursuing any PG Medical course or not, etc.
- Submit the application and provide Caste status and EWS status afresh during the Online Application process of the counseling.
Step 2 (Payment of Requisite Fees, Obtaining Transaction ID, and Generation of Acknowledgement Receipt):
- After the online registration and application, the qualified and eligible candidates through NEET PG/MDS 2023 will be directed to the online payment system.
- The amount of payment of fees for counseling is Rs. 3000/- (Three thousand only), which is a one-time and non-refundable fee.
- The candidate must complete the payment of fees through the online payment gateway available on the website by selecting the appropriate mode of payment (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking).
- After successful payment of fees, the candidate will receive a Transaction ID.
- The candidate must download and take a printout of the Acknowledgement Receipt for future reference.
Step 3 (Choice Filling and Locking):
- After successful payment and generation of the Acknowledgement Receipt, the candidate can log in again using the Roll Number and Password created during the registration process.
- The candidate must select the option for Choice Filling and enter the choices of courses and colleges in the order of preference.
- After entering the choices, the candidate must click on the “Save and Continue” button to proceed.
- The candidate must ensure that the choices are entered in the correct order of preference, as the seat allotment will be made based on the choices filled by the candidate.
- After entering the choices, the candidate must click on the “Lock” button to freeze the choices entered.
- The candidate will not be able to modify or change the choices once they are locked.
Step 4 (Seat Allotment):
- After the choice filling and locking process is completed, the seat allotment process will begin based on the merit, choices entered by the candidate, and availability of seats.
- The candidate can check the seat allotment result by logging in to the website using their Roll Number and Password.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the seat allotment, he/she must report to the allotted college within the specified time period with all the required documents.
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat, he/she can participate in the further rounds of counseling for seat upgradation.
Step 5 (Reporting to the Allotted College):
- After the seat allotment process is completed, the candidate must report to the allotted college within the specified time period.
- The candidate must carry all the required documents in original and a set of photocopies for verification.
- The candidate must also carry the Admission Fees and Tuition Fees in the form of Demand Draft or online payment as specified by the college.
- If the candidate fails to report to the allotted college within the specified time period, the seat allotted to him/her will be canceled, and he/she will not be eligible for further rounds of counseling.
Round of Counselling
Round 1 counseling:
- Candidates must register and fill in their choices for colleges.
- Locked choices will be processed for seat allotment based on merit.
- Physical document verification will take place for selected candidates.
- Provisional and final lists will be published, and candidates on the final list can fill in their choices for the next round.
- If a candidate’s caste or PWD status is found to be inadequate during verification, they may be converted to a non-reserved candidate and may be out of the counseling process.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat, they must get admitted to that college and undergo another round of physical document verification.
Round 2 counseling:
- Candidates who were allotted seats in Round 1 but did not take admission are allowed to participate.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in Round 1 but had filled in their choices are allowed to participate.
- Candidates who did not fill in their choices in Round 1 are allowed to participate.
- Candidates must register, fill in their choices, and undergo physical document verification again.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat, they must get admitted to that college and undergo another round of physical document verification.
Mop Up Round Counseling:
- Candidates who have not registered, verified themselves, or filled their choices in the first and second rounds can do so in the mop-up round.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in the first and second rounds can participate in the mop-up round by fresh choice filling, without paying the counseling fee again.
- Candidates whose allotted seats were cancelled in the second round due to inadequate documentation but still remained eligible for subsequent rounds can participate in the mop-up round.
- Candidates who did not report during the second round can participate in the mop-up round, but they have to pay a penalty and verify their documents again.
- Candidates who were admitted after the second round are not allowed to participate in further counseling.
D) Physical Stray Vacancy Round Counseling:
- Only candidates who were not allotted seats or did not report in the mop-up round can participate in the physical stray vacancy round by physically reporting with original documents and fees for college admission.
- No fresh registration or fee payment is allowed in this round.
- The allotment of seats will be based on merit.
Documents Required For MD
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata|
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata
- Address: 99, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 026
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://www.vimsrkmsp.org/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
MS College Predictor
MS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which Medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Surgery (MS) programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MS Admission Consultant
An MS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Surgery (MS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata (VIMS)?
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata, is a well-established medical institution in West Bengal, India, offering various medical courses and healthcare services.
Is VIMS affiliated with any university?
Yes, VIMS is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, ensuring that its programs meet recognized academic standards.
What medical programs are offered at VIMS, Kolkata?
VIMS offers a variety of medical programs, including MD, MS, M.Ch, and diploma courses in different medical specialties.
How long is the duration of the medical courses at VIMS?
Most of the medical courses at VIMS have a duration of three years, while the “Diploma in Child Health” program has a duration of two years.
Does VIMS provide clinical training and practical experience for its students?
Yes, VIMS offers clinical training and practical experience to students through affiliations with hospitals and medical facilities.
Is VIMS recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, VIMS is recognized by the National Medical Commission, which is the regulatory authority for medical education in India.
What are the research facilities available at VIMS for students and faculty?
VIMS may have research facilities and laboratories for students and faculty engaged in medical research. Specific details can be obtained from the institution.