Indira Gandhi Government Dental College (IGGDC) is an esteemed dental college located in Jammu, the winter capital of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Established in the year 2004, wih commitment to achieving academic excellence, providing the best oral health care, and engaging in research and creative endeavours to improve the health of the highly diverse populations in community. The college is affiliated with Jammu University and has received recognition from the National Dental Commision
The college offers a three-year postgraduate Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programme in a variety of specialties in addition to a four-year undergraduate Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme with a one-year rotational internship.
The college has modern lecture rooms, laboratories, clinics, a library, a hostel, a canteen, a sports field and other amenities. The faculty is made up of highly skilled and experienced professionals who give students with superior education and training. The college also provides several scholarships and financial aid programmes to students depending on their academic performance and merit.
Students who successfully complete an BDS course from the college, have access to a variety of employment options in the dentistry industry, including private practise, public service, research, teaching, and other related fields. Students have the opportunity to participate in outreach and research projects at the school to advance their education and professional development.
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College Jammu|
|Popular Name||GDC, Srinagar|
|Year of Establishment||2004|
|Affiliated to||Jammu University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for MDS courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|Course||UG-BD & PG- MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir|
|Contact||Address:Rehari Chungi, Sarwal Road, Jammu Tawi, Pin:- 180005 |
Email ID: iggdcjprincipal@yahoo.]com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Jammu University
Approved by: National Dental Commission
Aid Status: Government
Students at Jammu’s Indira Gandhi Government Dental College have access to all the facilities they need to develop academically and personally in a welcoming atmosphere. The college offers a number of amenities, such as:
Lecture halls: The college has spacious, luxurious, and well-equipped lecture halls.
Laboratories: The college has various laboratories that provide practical training to the
students. The labs are equipped with modern instruments and equipment that enable students to conduct experiments and research.
Clinics: The college has several clinics where students can gain practical experience in treating patients. The clinics are equipped with modern dental chairs and other equipment that enable students to provide quality dental care.
Library: The institution includes a well-stocked library where students may find a variety of books, periodicals, and other reference materials. The library has a comfortable reading area and is equipped with high-speed internet.
Hostel: The college provides accommodation to its students in well-furnished hostels. The basic amenities, such as Wi-Fi, mess facilities, and security, are provided in the dormitories.
Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria that serves a variety of healthy and delicious food.
Sports facilities: The college has a sports ground where students can engage in various sports activities. The college also organizes sports events and tournaments for the students.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatrics & Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Public Health Dentsitry
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
Faculty and Staff
- Indira Gandhi Government Dental College (IGGDC) in Jammu has a highly skilled and experienced staff committed to providing its students with quality education and training. The faculty consists of seasoned professionals with specific expertise in several areas of dentistry. Faculty members are involved in research, teaching, and other activities that help the college grow and flourish.
- In addition to the teaching faculty, IGGDC has a well-trained and efficient support team that supports the college’s flawless operation. The support staff is made up of administrative staff, lab assistants, dental hygienists, dental nurses, and other individuals that are in charge of giving the college support services.
- The instructors and staff at IGGDC are dedicated to providing students with a supportive and stimulating learning environment. They encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities and provide guidance and mentoring to ensure their academic and professional success.
- The college also allows professors and staff members to participate in research and professional development programmes that keep them up to speed on the newest advancements in the area of dentistry. Faculty members routinely attend conferences, seminars, and workshops in order to expand their knowledge and abilities.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||63|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Prosthodontics, Crown& bridge||3 Years||2|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||2|
|Oral Pathology & Microbilogy||3 Years||2|
|Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||3 Years||2|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years||2|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedies||3 Years||2|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3 rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
|BDS||Will be notified soon|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
|MDS||Will be notified soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
NEET Counselling Process
Candidates must visit the BOPEE official site at www.jkbopee.gov.in and click on the link/button “Click to Apply” under the heading Online Applications and section NEET-UG on the home page that is displayed to them.
- A pop-up window with important instructions will appear; after reading them, check the “I have read the instructions” check box and then click the Apply button.
- A page with all of your registration information will be displayed. After filling out the form, enter the verification code in the text box at the bottom, as shown in the captcha image, and then click the Submit Button. Please keep in mind that once submitted, your registration information cannot be changed.
- An email will be sent to the same email address that was used to submit the NEET application.
- The candidate must activate the account by “clicking on the activation link” included in the e-mail and entering the OTP provided in the email.
- Enter a new password for your account as well. Unless the account is activated, the candidate will be unable to login.
- After successfully completing the preceding steps, the candidate will be able to log in via the “login” link.
- Candidates can now upload documents in PDF format by clicking on the “Upload Document” button.
- Then the candidate should make payment by clicking the “Make Payment” button, he or she will be redirected to the Bill Desk Payment Page, where they can pay using any available option.
The Board may advise candidates to fill out online preference forms and may use either for online allotment or physical counselling.
In the case of off-line (physical) counseling, candidates will be required to produce only the following documents before the Board, as all other documents must have been submitted online at the time of registration: –
i) Identity proof;
ii) NEET result card.
iii) A certificate of domicile.
iv) Category Certificate (if applicable).
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release the seat allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copies of the mandatory documents.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
Eligibility Criteria for MDS course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET MDS Cut off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
BDS College Predictor
BDS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which BDS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The BDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission in. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
A BDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses in India. Our Consultant typically have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
MDS College Predictor
MDS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which dental colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs based on their NEET MDS score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MDS Admission Consultant
An MDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College Jammu
- Address:Rehari Chungi, Sarwal Road, Jammu Tawi, Pin:- 180005
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: http://iggdcj.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu|
For UG course
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks Card of 10+2
- Domicile Certificate
- Category certificate, if any
- Valid Income Certificate of P&B category candidates
- NRI / HM Certificates/ documents.
- Any other certificate demanded by the College Authorities.
For PG Course
- Matriculation Certificate.
- BDS Degree certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.(by or before 31st March, 2020).
- BDS Marks cards.
- NEET Result card (wherever applicable).
- Residence Proof of the candidate belonging to UT of J&K / Ladakh.
- DCl/State Dental Counsel Registration Certificate (should be in possession or have obtained within one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled).
- Category certificate (wherever applicable).
- Candidates who have passed BDS Degree from outside country to enclose DCI
- clearance/recognition certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu is a government dental college located in Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir, India. It was established in the year 2012 and is affiliated with the University of Jammu.
Q: What are the courses offered by Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program and a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) program in various specializations.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the BDS program at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects. The candidate must have also qualified in NEET-UG.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS program at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: The candidate must have a BDS degree from a recognized dental college or university and must have also qualified in NEET-MDS.
Q: What are the facilities available at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu has a library, auditorium, cafeteria, sports facilities, and separate hostels for boys and girls. The college also has a hospital where students can gain practical experience.
Q: What is the mode of teaching at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: The mode of teaching at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu is primarily through classroom lectures, seminars, and clinical training. The college also has a research wing where students can carry out research projects.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing a course from Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: After completing a course from Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu, students can work as dentists in private clinics or government hospitals. They can also pursue higher education and research in the field of dentistry.
Q: What are the specializations offered under the MDS program at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu?
A: The specializations offered under the MDS program at Indira Gandhi Govt Dental College, Jammu are Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Periodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Microbiology, and Public Health Dentistry.