Government Dental College Srinagar is a well-known dentistry college located in Srinagar, Kashmir. Established in 1985, the college provides quality education and dental care services to its patients. The college also offers possibilities for research, extracurricular activities, and overall student growth. The college is affiliated with Kashmir University and also has recognition from the National Dental Commission, New Delhi.
The college offers dental education at the undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) levels. The five-year BDS program consists of four years of academic study and one year of a required internship. The three-year MDS program offers specialization in a variety of dental specialties.
The college has a very forward-thinking and practical environment created by a highly qualified and experienced teaching staff using the most cutting-edge and creative teaching methods. Real-world experience-based instruction is emphasized. The university’s extensive library has internet access for teachers and students to use.
The college also engages in a variety of dental research projects. The college features a research and development unit that supports academic and student research. The college also gives students the chance to take part in conferences and seminars held both domestically and abroad.
The college offers its students extracurricular activities in addition to academics. A cultural council at the institution plans numerous sporting and cultural activities that give the students a stage on which to display their abilities.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Facilities
- 3 Faculty and Staff
- 4 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 5 Course Syllabus
- 6 Fees Structure
- 7 NEET Counselling Process
- 8 MCC Counselling Fees Structure
- 9 Eligibility Criteria
- 10 Contact Details
- 11 Ranking & Reputation
- 12 Documents required
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13.1 Q: What courses does the Government Dental College in Srinagar offer?
- 13.2 Q: How do I apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.3 Q: What is the admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.4 Q: What are the facilities available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.5 Q: What is the job prospects after completing a course from Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.6 Q: What is the duration of the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.7 Q: What is the duration of the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.8 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
- 13.9 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College Srinagar|
|Popular Name||GDC, Srinagar|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Affiliated to||Kashmir University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for MDS courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|Course||UG-BD & PG- MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir|
|Contact||Address:Shereen Bagh, Srinagar, J&K-190010, |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Kashmir University
Approved by: National Dental Commission
Aid Status: Government
Government Dental College, Srinagar, provides a conducive learning environment for its students by utilising cutting-edge facilities and infrastructure. The following services are available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar:
Lecture Halls: The institution features large lecture halls that are outfitted with sophisticated audio-visual devices to help with teaching and learning.
Library: To support students’ academic and research needs, the college has an extensive library with a wide variety of books, periodicals, and online resources.
Clinic: The college maintains a well-established dental clinic that provides cheap dental services to the public. Modern dental technology and equipment are present in the clinic.
Hostels: Male and female students have separate hostel facilities at the college. All basic amenities are provided, including 24-hour water and electricity supply, Wi-Fi, and mess facilities.
Sports and Recreation: The college provides a playground and indoor game facilities to encourage students’ physical and mental well-being.
Research and Development: The college has a research and development cell that encourages students and faculty members to conduct research. The cell funds and advises research initiatives and aids in the dissemination of research findings through seminars and publications.
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff members at Government Dental College, Srinagar are committed to providing quality education and training to the students and promoting research and community service activities.Here is some information about the faculty and staff at the college:
Principal: The principal is the head of the college and is responsible for the overall functioning of the college. They oversee academic and administrative activities, manage budgets, and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
Professors: The professors are senior faculty members who have extensive experience in teaching and research. They are responsible for developing and delivering the curriculum, mentoring junior faculty members, and supervising research activities.
Associate Professors: The associate professors are experienced faculty members who assist the professors in curriculum development, research activities, and mentoring of junior faculty members.
Assistant Professors: The assistant professors are faculty members who have completed their postgraduate studies and are responsible for teaching and research activities.
Senior Residents: The senior residents are dental professionals who are pursuing postgraduate studies at the college. They work under the guidance of the faculty members and are responsible for providing dental services to patients.
Junior Residents: The junior residents are recent dental graduates who are pursuing postgraduate studies at the college. They work under the guidance of the faculty members and are responsible for providing dental services to patients.
Dental Mechanics: The dental mechanics are responsible for designing and creating dental prosthetics, such as dentures and bridges.
Dental Assistants: Dental assistants support dental professionals with a variety of activities such as patient care, laboratory work, and administrative duties.
Administrative Staff: The administrative staff members provide support to the faculty and students in various administrative tasks, including admission procedures, financial management, and maintenance of records.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||63|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||4|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years||4|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years||4|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years||3|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years||3|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 years||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||4|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
NEET Counselling Process
Candidates must visit the BOPEE official site at www.jkbopee.gov.in and click on the link/button “Click to Apply” under the heading Online Applications and section NEET-UG on the home page that is displayed to them.
- A pop-up window with important instructions will appear; after reading them, check the “I have read the instructions” check box and then click the Apply button.
- A page with all of your registration information will be displayed. After filling out the form, enter the verification code in the text box at the bottom, as shown in the captcha image, and then click the Submit Button. Please keep in mind that once submitted, your registration information cannot be changed.
- An email will be sent to the same email address that was used to submit the NEET application.
- The candidate must activate the account by “clicking on the activation link” included in the e-mail and entering the OTP provided in the email.
- Enter a new password for your account as well. Unless the account is activated, the candidate will be unable to login.
- After successfully completing the preceding steps, the candidate will be able to log in via the “login” link.
- Candidates can now upload documents in PDF format by clicking on the “Upload Document” button.
- Then the candidate should make payment by clicking the “Make Payment” button, he or she will be redirected to the Bill Desk Payment Page, where they can pay using any available option.
The Board may advise candidates to fill out online preference forms and may use either for online allotment or physical counselling.
In the case of off-line (physical) counseling, candidates will be required to produce only the following documents before the Board, as all other documents must have been submitted online at the time of registration: –
i) Identity proof;
ii) NEET result card.
iii) A certificate of domicile.
iv) Category Certificate (if applicable).
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release the seat allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copies of the mandatory documents.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
Eligibility Criteria for MDS course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET MDS Cut off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
BDS College Predictor
BDS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which BDS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The BDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission in. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
A BDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses in India. Our Consultant typically have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
MDS College Predictor
MDS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which dental colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs based on their NEET MDS score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MDS Admission Consultant
An MDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
Government Dental College, Srinagar
- Address:Shereen Bagh, Srinagar, J&K-190010,
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://gdcsrinagar.org/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College, Srinagar|
For UG course
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks Card of 10+2
- Domicile Certificate
- Category certificate, if any
- Valid Income Certificate of P&B category candidates
- NRI / HM Certificates/ documents.
- Any other certificate demanded by the College Authorities.
For PG Course
- Matriculation Certificate.
- BDS Degree certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.(by or before 31st March, 2020).
- BDS Marks cards.
- NEET Result card (wherever applicable).
- Residence Proof of the candidate belonging to UT of J&K / Ladakh.
- DCl/State Dental Council Registration Certificate (should be in possession or have obtained within one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled).
- Category certificate (wherever applicable).
- Candidates who have passed BDS Degree from outside country to enclose DCI
- clearance/recognition certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses does the Government Dental College in Srinagar offer?
A: The Government Dental College in Srinagar offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program, which is a five-year undergraduate course, and a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) program, which is a three-year postgraduate course. The college offers specializations in several areas, including orthodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral surgery, and conservative dentistry.
Q: How do I apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: To apply to the Government Dental College in Srinagar, you must meet the eligibility criteria and apply through the official website or the online admission portal. The eligibility criteria may include educational qualifications, age limit, and other requirements as specified by the college and the University of Kashmir.
Q: What is the admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The admission process for the Government Dental College in Srinagar usually involves a common entrance test conducted by the University of Kashmir or other relevant authorities. The candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance test and other criteria as specified by the college and the university.
Q: What are the facilities available at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The Government Dental College in Srinagar provides various facilities to the students, including well-equipped lecture halls, laboratories, clinics, library, hostel, cafeteria, sports ground, and other amenities. The college also has experienced faculty members and staff to support the students’ learning and development.
Q: What is the job prospects after completing a course from Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: After completing a course from the Government Dental College in Srinagar, the students can pursue various career opportunities in the dental field, such as private practice, government service, research, teaching, and other related areas. The students can also pursue further studies or specializations to enhance their career prospects.
Q: What is the duration of the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar is a five-year undergraduate program, which includes four years of classroom and clinical training, and one year of compulsory rotatory internship.
Q: What is the duration of the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar is a three-year postgraduate program, which includes two years of classroom and clinical training, and one year of research and dissertation work.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The eligibility criteria for the BDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar may vary depending on the category of the candidate, such as general, reserved, or foreign. However, in general, the candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as the main subjects, and obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in these subjects.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar?
A: The eligibility criteria for the MDS course at the Government Dental College in Srinagar may vary depending on the category of the candidate, such as general, reserved, or foreign. However, in general, the candidate must have completed a BDS degree from a recognized university, and obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.