Rajeev Gandhi Medical College and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital is a medical college in Thane, Kalwa, Mumbai, India, founded in 1992. The Thane Municipal Corporation manages the institute, which is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik.
The college became connected with the Diplomat of National Board in 2020, and it now provides DNB courses in disciplines such as Pediatrics, Orthopaedics, Medicine, and Surgery.
As it was stated, by 2022, the institute will have 100 seats for the MBBS undergraduate course, up from 80. The number of seats is the lowest in the state among government medical colleges, allowing each prospective doctor to receive more personalized care.
The hospital is ranked 6th in Maharashtra, 1st in Thane, and 1st in the Mumbai suburbs. It is connected to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital, which is managed by the Thane Municipal Corporation.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastruture
- 4 Faculty And Staff
- 5 Course Offered and Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- 10 Documents Required
- 11 MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
- 12 Eligibility Criteria
- 13 Rajeev Gandhi Medical College Thane Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 14 NEET College Predictors
- 15 NEET Rank Predictors
- 16 Expert Admission Consultants
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 Contact Details
- 19 FAQ
- 19.1 What is the official website for Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
- 19.2 Is RGMC a good college?
- 19.3 How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
- 19.4 What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
- 19.5 Is RGMC a govt. medical college?
- 19.6 When was Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane launched?
- 19.7 What is the ranking of RGMC Thane?
|Name of Institute||Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Kalwa, Thane|
|Popular Name||RGMC Thane|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Kalwa Naka, Thane Belapur Road, Kalwa, Thane. Maharashtra. Pin: 400605|
Email Id: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastruture
Rajiv Gandhi Medical College in Kalwa, Thane, Maharashtra, India, is a reputed medical institution that provides various facilities and infrastructure to support medical education, patient care, and research. However, please keep in mind that specific details may have changed since then, so it’s always best to verify the information from official sources for the most current updates. Facilities and Infrastructure at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Kalwa, Thane:
- Hospital Building: The medical college likely has a well-designed and spacious hospital building that houses different departments, wards, outpatient clinics, and administrative offices.
- Wards: The hospital should have separate wards for different medical specialties, such as Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, etc., to provide inpatient care and treatment to admitted patients.
- Outpatient Department (OPD): The hospital’s OPD is where patients can consult with doctors, receive medical advice, get prescriptions, and undergo various diagnostic tests and treatments without requiring admission.
- Operation Theatres: Rajiv Gandhi Medical College should be equipped with modern operation theaters where surgeries are performed by skilled surgeons and medical teams.
- Intensive Care Units (ICUs): Specialized ICUs, including the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), should be available to cater to critical patients.
- Diagnostic Services: The hospital should offer a range of diagnostic services, including radiology (X-rays, CT scans, MRI), pathology, microbiology, and clinical laboratories.
- Blood Bank: A well-equipped blood bank is essential for providing blood and blood products to patients in need.
- Pharmacy: The hospital should have a pharmacy that dispenses prescribed medications to patients.
- Library: Medical colleges typically have a library with a vast collection of medical textbooks, research journals, and online resources to support students and faculty.
- Lecture Halls and Classrooms: The medical college should have adequate spaces for lectures, seminars, and academic activities to facilitate medical education.
- Hostel Facilities: For medical students pursuing their education, Rajiv Gandhi Medical College may offer hostel facilities with necessary amenities.
- Recreational Areas: The campus may include recreational spaces, gardens, and common areas for students, staff, and patients to relax.
- Research and Academic Facilities: The medical college should have research labs and facilities to support medical research and academic pursuits.
Faculty And Staff
Rajiv Gandhi Medical College in Kalwa, Thane, Maharashtra, India, is likely to have a dedicated and skilled team of faculty and staff to support medical education, research, and patient care. However, specific details may have changed since then, so it’s essential to verify the information from official sources for the most current updates.
- Professors: Experienced and senior medical professionals who hold academic and clinical expertise in various medical specialties. They are responsible for teaching, conducting research, and providing guidance to medical students.
- Associate Professors: Senior faculty members who assist professors in teaching and research activities.
- Assistant Professors: Junior faculty members who contribute to teaching and research under the guidance of senior faculty.
- Lecturers: Faculty members responsible for delivering lectures and conducting academic sessions for medical students.
- Medical Specialists: Doctors with expertise in specific medical fields, such as Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, etc., who also teach and supervise medical students.
- Research Scientists: Faculty members involved in medical research and contributing to advancements in the medical field.
- Administrative Staff: Personnel responsible for managing the administrative affairs of the college and hospital, including admissions, finance, and human resources.
- Nurses: Trained healthcare professionals who provide care to patients and support medical procedures.
- Technicians: Skilled individuals responsible for operating and maintaining medical equipment and laboratories.
- Support Staff: Assistants and attendants who contribute to the smooth functioning of the hospital and medical college.
- Librarians: Professionals managing the medical college’s library and providing access to academic resources.
- Clerks: Personnel responsible for maintaining records and handling administrative tasks.
- Security Staff: Employees ensuring the safety and security of the college and hospital premises.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||80||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD- Forensic Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MD- Physiology||3 Years||3|
|MD- Biochemistry||3 Years||3|
|MD- Pathology||3 Years||6|
|MD- Pharmacology||3 Years||2|
|MD- Microbiology||3 Years||5|
|MD- Community Medicine||3 Years||7|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Undergraduate Courses
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Courses||Rs. 3,09,000/-|
|MS Courses||Rs. 3,09,000/-|
Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- Step 1: Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the requirements for Maharashtra NEET Counseling 2023 (www.mahacet.org.).
- Step 2: Visit Official Website: Go to the official DMER Maharashtra or CET Cell Maharashtra website (www.mahacet.org).
- Step 3: Register: Click on “Registration” or “New User” and fill in personal details and NEET 2023 information.
- Step 4: Upload Documents: Submit scanned copies of the required documents.
- Step 5: Pay Fee: If applicable, pay the registration fee online.
- Step 6: Submit: Review your details and submit the application.
- Step 7: Print Acknowledgment: Keep a printout of the acknowledgment or application form.
- Step 8: Attend Document Verification: Go to the assigned center with original documents and photocopies.
- Step 9: Wait for Merit List: Await the release of the merit list based on NEET 2023 scores
Step 1: NEET 2023 Result Declaration
- The counseling process for Maharashtra NEET 2023 will begin after the announcement of the NEET 2023 results.
Step 2: Registration and Application
- Candidates who have qualified in NEET 2023 and meet the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra state will need to register for counseling.
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra or the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) to access the registration portal.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET roll number, and other required information.
- Pay the counseling registration fee, if applicable.
Step 3: Document Verification
- After successful registration, candidates need to appear for document verification at designated centers.
- Carry all the necessary original documents along with photocopies for verification. Commonly required documents include NEET scorecard, Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, domicile certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), etc.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- Once the document verification is completed, the conducting authority will publish the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared based on NEET 2023 scores and other eligibility criteria set by the state.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates listed in the merit list can log in to the counseling portal to exercise their choice filling for colleges and courses.
- Browse through the available options and choose the desired medical/dental colleges and courses in the order of preference.
- After finalizing the choices, candidates must lock their preferences before the specified deadline.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit rank and choices filled by the candidates, the seat allotment process will begin.
- The seat allotment result will be published on the official website.
- Candidates who are allocated seats must download the allotment letter and proceed with the next steps.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Carry all the necessary documents in original for verification at the college.
Step 8: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, there may be a second round of counseling.
- Eligible candidates can participate in this round and follow the same procedure as the first round.
Step 9: Mop-Up Round (if applicable)
- In case of any remaining vacant seats, a mop-up round may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who have not been allotted any seats in previous rounds or those who are eligible for the mop-up round can participate.
Step 10: Admission and Commencement of Classes
- After the mop-up round, the admission process will conclude.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats need to complete the admission formalities, pay the fees, and start attending classes as per the schedule.
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the name of the candidate (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be conducting the counseling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges, and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER, Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and an additional Round known as the Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For Undergraduate Courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an Equivalent Graduate degree candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Rajeev Gandhi Medical College Thane Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we’ve have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can make a difference in your medical education journey;
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
- for All India Quota
- For admission to AIIMS
- For DU & IP Internal Quota
- For Armed Forces Medical College Pune
- Central University
- For ESI Quota
- For Deemed University
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||RGMC Thane|
Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane
- Address: Kalwa Naka, Thane Belapur Road, Kalwa, Thane. Maharashtra. Pin: 400605
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: http://rgmc.thanecity.gov.in/
What is the official website for Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
Is RGMC a good college?
One of Mumbai’s Best Medical Colleges. In recent years, the College has proven its worth, and students have done the Institute proud by excelling in a variety of fields.
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
There are 80 seats available for MBBS students at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane.
Is RGMC a govt. medical college?
Yes, it is a government medical college.
When was Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane launched?
Rajiv Gandhi Medical College Thane was launched in the year of 1992.
What is the ranking of RGMC Thane?
In All India Ranking (109) & as per Maharashtra State Ranking (7).