Kannur Medical College Kannur is a medical institution, in Kannur City which is in the northern part of Kerala, India. It was established in 2006 under the aegis of the Kannur Medical College Welfare Trust. The college is a leading institution for medical education and healthcare in the northern part of Kerala, known for its excellent infrastructure, faculty, and healthcare services. The college is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala, and has also received recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in medicine and allied health sciences. The undergraduate program is a five-and-a-half-year MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) course, which includes a one-year internship. The postgraduate program includes MD/MS courses in various specialties such as general medicine, pediatrics, dermatology, radiology, and surgery.
The high caliber instruction and extensive hands-on training that Kannur Medical College offers with exposure to the outside world have earned it a well-deserved international reputation. This international orientation, which includes education and training, is essential for a nation like India to survive in a world that is becoming more and more globalized. Medical education is being made as accessible as possible to students at Kannur Medical College.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Department
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
- 13 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Kannur Medical College – Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Counselling Registration Procedure
- 16 Counselling Registration Fees
- 17 Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
- 18 Documents Required For MBBS
- 19 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 20 Contact Details
- 21 Ranking & Reputation
- 22 NEET College Predictors
- 23 NEET Rank Predictors
- 24 Expert Admission Consultants
- 25 Frequently Asked Questions
- 26 Q. What courses does Kannur Medical College offer?
- 27 Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to Kannur Medical College?
- 28 Q. Does Kannur Medical College have a hostel facility?
- 29 Q. What are the career opportunities after completing courses from Kannur Medical College?
- 30 Q. What is the student life like at Kannur Medical College?
- 31 Q. Is Kannur Medical College recognized by the National Medical Commission?
|Name of Institute||Kannur Medical College, Kannur|
|Popular Name||KMC, Kannur|
|Year of Establishment||2006|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
|Contact||Address: Anjarakandy Integrated Campus Anjarakandy PO, Kannur – 670612 Kerala, India|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
Kannur Medical College provides its students, faculty, and staff with excellent facilities and infrastructure to create a comfortable and conducive environment for learning and research.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and reference materials in various subjects related to medicine and healthcare.
- Laboratories: The institution has well-equipped labs with modern medical equipment and instruments to provide practical training to the students.
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls on the campus. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary amenities such as food, water, electricity, and Sports: The college has facilities for various indoor and outdoor sports such as basketball, volleyball, football, table tennis, and chess, among others.
- Auditorium: The college has a spacious auditorium with modern audiovisual equipment for various events such as seminars, conferences, and cultural activities.
- Medical Facilities: The hospital, Kannur Medical College Hospital, which has 750 beds and is furnished with contemporary medical technology, offers services in a number of specialties, including oncology, gastroenterology, cardiology, and neurology.
- Transport: The college provides transportation facilities for students and staff to commute between the campus and the city.
- Wi-Fi: The institution provides Wi-Fi connectivity on the campus to enable students to access online resources and materials.
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Dental Surgery
Faculty and Staff
- A group of knowledgeable and experienced professors at Kannur Medical College train the students in both theory and practice. The professors are leaders in their fields and have extensive backgrounds in clinical work, teaching, and research. They are devoted to giving students top-notch instruction and training while also making a contribution to the medical and healthcare industries.
- A dedicated group of non-teaching staff members supports the faculty and students in a variety of academic and extracurricular activities at the institution. The administrative, technical, and support staff make up the non-teaching staff and are responsible for the institution’s efficient operation.
- The faculty and staff at Kannur Medical College receive ongoing training and updates on the most recent developments and improvements in the medical and healthcare industries. In order to improve the student’s knowledge and abilities and to advance the field of medicine and healthcare, they also engage in research and development activities.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Anatomy||3 years||2|
|MD Physiology||3 years||2|
|MD Pharmacology||3 years||2|
|MD Pathology||3 years||2|
|MD Microbiology||3 years||2|
|MD Community Medicine||3 years||2|
|MD Biochemistry||3 years||1|
|MD Psychiatry||3 years||2|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 years||2|
|MD Radio diagnosis||3 years||2|
|MD Dermatology||3 years||1|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Course||Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees (NRI)|
For PG Courses
|Clinical Courses||Rs. 14,00,000/-|
|Non-Clinical Courses||Rs. 8,50,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Entrance Exam||NEET Exam|
|Nativity||Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. OCI cardholders can apply for Non-Resident Indian or supernumerary seats, but not for seats reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.|
|Keralite||Candidates of Kerala origin are categorized as Keralite.|
Children of AIS officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are also considered Keralites but are not eligible for reservations or fee concessions.
|Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)||A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfills any one of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ (NK I):|
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Is not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of his/her study.
Is not of Kerala origin but has undergone school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
|Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)||Candidates who do not fall under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II).|
NK II candidates are not eligible for admission to Medical/Dental courses in Government colleges.
|Special Cases||Fifteen percent of the seats for MBBS & BDS Courses in Self-Financing colleges in Kerala are set apart for candidates irrespective of their domicile based on the NEET-UG 2023 rank list prepared by the Commissioner for the Entrance Examinations.|
NK II candidates are not eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
|Nominees and All India Quota||Special provisions apply to candidates nominated by the Government of India, candidates from the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Administration, Jammu & Kashmir, and candidates selected through All India quota seats for MBBS/BDS courses.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Academic Qualification||Applicants should possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by NMC (MCI).|
|The MBBS qualification must be registered permanently or provisionally with NMC (MCI) or State Medical Council.|
|Candidates should have completed one year of internship or be likely to complete it on or before 11/08/2023.|
|Admission is granted after obtaining registration with the T.C. Medical Council.|
|Nativity||Indian Citizens of Kerala Origin|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for NRI seats (not eligible for general merit seats or other reservations other than NRI quota)|
|Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents with an MBBS degree from a Kerala Medical College (not eligible for Communal/Special/PD reservation benefits)|
|All candidates should execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year as per clause 11 of the prospectus.|
|Age||No upper age limit for admission to PG Medical Courses-2023 (with exceptions specified below).|
|Medical Education Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 49 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Health Service Quota and Insurance Medical Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 47 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Qualifying Criteria||All candidates must qualify the NEET PG-2023 conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi.|
|Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50th percentile in the NEET PG Medical 2023.|
|For SC, ST, SEBC, SC-PwD (PD), ST-PwD (PD), and SEBC-PwD (PD), and service quota candidates under these categories, the minimum marks are at the 40th percentile.|
|For General (UR) – PwD (PD) and EWS (EW)–PwD (PD) candidates, the minimum marks are at the 45th percentile.|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Kannur Medical College – Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round||Stray Vacancy Round|
|State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks|
Counselling Registration Procedure
Online Submission of Application: Online submission of application through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in is required to apply for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. The application process involves several steps, and it is important for candidates to follow these steps carefully. Here’s a detailed explanation of each step in the application process:
|Application Process Steps||Description|
|Step 1: Registration||One-time procedure.|
Generate a unique Application Number.
Create a strong password.
Record all provided information for future login.
|Step 2: Fill Application||Complete all basic information required for processing the application.|
Ensure all information is accurate and true.
Preview and confirm data before finalization.
|Step 3: Application Fee||Make payment through online or e-chalan.|
|Step 4: Upload Images & Certificates||Upload a recent passport-size photograph and candidate’s signature in jpeg format.|
Upload all necessary certificates and documents supporting claims made in the application.
Convert multiple documents for a single claim into a single PDF file if needed.
|Step 5: Print Application Acknowledgement Page||After completing the previous steps, print the Application Acknowledgement page for future reference.|
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Fees (In INR)|
|SC/ OBC||Rs. 200|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. Nil|
Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
Centralized Allotment Process
- The centralized allotment process for MBBS/BDS courses in State quota seats, including Government and Self-financing Medical/Dental Colleges, is overseen by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). The process is based on the options submitted by eligible candidates included in the rank list of Medical courses published by the CEE.
Four Rounds of Counselling
- Round I: All eligible candidates included in the state merit list are allowed to register their options in Round I. Option registration involves the payment of an option registration fee to the CEE. The fee amount will be notified by the CEE before the option registration process begins. The option registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee for the allotted course. Candidates who are allotted a course in Round I should report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe.
- Round II: All candidates who registered options in Round I can participate in Round II if they desire further allotments. No fresh option registration is required for Round II. Instead, candidates confirm their existing options and may rearrange or delete unwanted options registered in Round I. Option confirmation is mandatory for consideration in Round II. Candidates who are satisfied with their Round I allotment and do not wish to be considered for other options must cancel all remaining options. They can also exit the seat received through Round II if they choose to.
- Mop-up Round: The Mop-up round allows fresh option registration with payment of a Mop-up registration fee. Candidates eligible for this round include those who were allotted/admitted to MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II but exited their allotted seat within the specified time, as well as candidates who did not register any options in Round I or did not receive an allotment in Round I or Round II. Those who continued in admitted status up to the date notified by the CEE are not eligible for further rounds of counselling.
- Stray Vacancy Round: This round aims to fill vacant seats that may arise after the Mop-up round. Candidates who were allotted a seat in MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II, as well as those who received an allotment in the Mop-up round, are not eligible for the Stray Vacancy Round. No fresh option registration occurs for this round. The options registered in the Mop-up round are considered for Stray vacancy filling. The filling of Stray vacancies is conducted at the institutional level based on guidelines issued by the CEE. Eligible candidates can contact the concerned colleges within the specified time to secure admission by paying the applicable fee.
Important Note: The registration fee for candidates who do not join or vacate seats received through Mop-up or exit the seats received in Round I or Round II after the Mop-up round will be forfeited. For candidates who receive an allotment, the Mop-up registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee of the allotted course, while for those who do not receive an allotment, the registration fee is refunded after the completion of the entire admission process for the academic year.
Documents Required For MBBS
- Proof of Nativity
- Datasheet of the student (format attached)
- Allotment Memo of CEE Kerala
- Candidates Data Sheet CEE Kerala
- Admit card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- Score card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- 10th grade certificate to prove date of birth
- 12th grade pass certificate and statement of marks
- SC/ST/OEC Certificate (Non creamy layer/Income certificate)
- Income certificate in case of SC/ST/OEC students
- Community/Minority certificate from revenue authority if applicable
- Course and Conduct certificate
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Migration certificate
- Equivalency/Eligibility certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (format available in the CEE website)
- Passport size photo (05 Nos.) with Name and date of birth
- Stamp size photo (05 Nos.)
- Copy of Aadhaar card (Student)
- Copy of Pan card (Parent)
- Undertaking by the student countersigned by the parent on applicability of tuition fees.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
Kannur Medical College Kannur
- Address: Anjarakandy Integrated Campus Anjarakandy PO, Kannur – 670612 Kerala, India
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
- Website: https://kannurmedicalcollege.ac.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Kannur Medical College Kannur|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses does Kannur Medical College offer?
A. Kannur Medical College offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in medicine and allied health sciences. Some of the courses offered by the institution are MBBS, MD, MS, MDS, and PhD, among others.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to Kannur Medical College?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to Kannur Medical College vary depending on the course. For MBBS, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. For postgraduate courses, the candidate must have a relevant bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Q. Does Kannur Medical College have a hostel facility?
A. Yes, Kannur Medical College provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls on the campus. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary amenities such as food, water, electricity, and security.
Q. What are the career opportunities after completing courses from Kannur Medical College?
A. After completing courses from Kannur Medical College, the students can pursue careers in various fields of medicine and healthcare such as clinical practice, research, teaching, and public health, among others. The students can also appear for competitive exams such as UPSC, State PSC, and various medical entrance exams for pursuing higher education or government jobs.
Q. What is the student life like at Kannur Medical College?
A. The student life at Kannur Medical College is vibrant and diverse. The institution has a range of extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and clubs that provide opportunities for the students to pursue their interests and hobbies. The college also has a student council that organizes various events and activities throughout the year.
Q. Is Kannur Medical College recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A. Yes, Kannur Medical College is recognized by the National Medical Commission and is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).