Government College of Dentistry Indore also known as the Modern Dental College and Research Center, is a well-known dental college located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is affiliated with the Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur and is approved by the National Dental Commission.
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in dentistry, including Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS). The BDS program is a 5-year course, while the MDS program is a 3-year course. The college has a team of experienced and qualified faculty members who provide quality education to students.
The Government College of Dentistry in Indore has a modern campus with lecture halls, dental labs, clinical facilities, and a library with a large collection of books and journals. The college also offers a variety of amenities such as hostel accommodations, sports facilities, and a cafeteria.
The Government College of Dentistry in Indore is an excellent choice for students who wish to pursue a career in dentistry and want to receive quality education in a well-equipped and supportive environment.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 7 Courses Offered for PG Course
- 8 Course Syllabus
- 9 BDS Internship
- 10 BDS Course Fees Structure
- 11 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off
- 13 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 14 NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
- 15 Government College of Dentistry, Indore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 16 Government College of Dentistry, Indore Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 17 Madhya Pradesh NEET Counselling Process (State Quota)
- 18 Counselling Process
- 19 Document Required
- 20 Documents Required for PG Course
- 21 Counselling Fee
- 22 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 23 Contact Details
- 24 Ranking & Reputation
- 25 NEET College Predictors
- 26 NEET Rank Predictors
- 27 Expert Admission Consultants
- 28 Frequently Asked Question
- 28.1 Q: What is Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.2 Q: What courses are offered at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.3 Q: What is the admission process for Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.4 Q: What are the facilities available at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.5 Q: What is the fee structure for BDS course at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.6 Q: Is Government College of Dentistry, Indore affiliated with a university?
- 28.7 Q: What are the courses offered by Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
- 28.8 Q: When was the Government College of Dentistry in Indore established?
|Name of Institute||Government College of Dentistry Indore|
|Popular Name||Government College of Dentistry|
|Year of Establishment||1961|
|Affiliated to||Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for UPG courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||UG-BDS & PG- MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Madhya Pradesh|
|Contact||Address: Sardar Patel Marg, Opp. M.Y. Hospital,Indore (M.P.), 452001|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur
- Approved by: National Dental Commission
- Aid Status: Government
The College of Dentistry in Indore provides colorful installations to its scholars to insure a comfortable and conducive literacy terrain. Some of the installations offered by the council are
- Lecture Halls: The council has well- equipped lecture halls with ultramodern audio-visual outfit to grease effective tutoring and literacy.
- Dental Labs:The council has state- of- the- art dental labs with ultramodern outfit and installations for scholars to exercise their chops and gain hands- on experience.
- Clinical installations: The council has a well- equipped clinic with ultramodern dental outfit and installations where scholars can exercise their clinical chops under the guidance of educated faculty members.
- Library: The council has a well- grazed library with a vast collection of books, journals, and digital coffers to support the academic and exploration requirements of the scholars and faculty.
- Hostel Accommodation: The council provides hotel accommodation for both manly and womanish scholars with introductory amenities like a mess, Wi- Fi, and 24- hour security.
- Sports installations: The council has sports installations for scholars to share in colorful inner and out-of-door games and stay physically fit.
- Cafeteria: The council has a cafeteria that serves aseptic and nutritional food to scholars, faculty, and staff.
- Transport installations: The council provides transportation installations for scholars and faculty members to swap to and from the lot.
Overall, the College of Dentistry in Indore provides a wide range of installations to produce a probative and conducive literacy terrain for its scholars.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Public Health Dentistry
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Paediatrics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
Faculty and Staff
The College of Dentistry in Indore has a team of experienced and qualified faculty members who are committed to providing students with a high-quality education. Faculty members are well-trained in their respective fields and are dedicated to providing students with a supportive and encouraging learning environment. The following are some of the college’s faculty and staff:
- Professors: The college has experienced professors who teach various subjects in dentistry, including anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, and dental materials.
- Associate Professors: The college has associate professors who teach and guide students in various specialties of dentistry, including oral surgery, periodontology, orthodontics, and prosthodontics.
- Assistant Professors: The college has assistant professors who teach and guide students in various aspects of dentistry, including dental anatomy, radiology, and pediatric dentistry.
- Lecturers: The college has lecturers who teach and guide students in various topics related to dentistry, including dental hygiene, dental instruments, and dental laboratory techniques.
- Clinical Staff: The college has experienced clinical staff, including dental assistants, hygienists, and technicians, who assist the faculty members in providing clinical training to the students.
- Administrative Staff: The college has administrative staff who manage the day-to-day operations of the college, including admissions, student affairs, finance, and maintenance.
The College of Dentistry in Indore has a team of qualified and experienced faculty and staff members who are dedicated to providing students with a supportive and challenging learning environment.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||63|
Courses Offered for PG Course
|MDS Specialization||Duration||Seat Intake|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years||5|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years||6|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||6|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years||3|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 years||3|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 years||0|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years||0|
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3 rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
BDS Course Fees Structure
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees (AIQ/State Quota)|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31).|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses|
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Government College of Dentistry, Indore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round|
Government College of Dentistry, Indore Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray – 1||Stray – 2|
Madhya Pradesh NEET Counselling Process (State Quota)
- Step 1: Visit dme.mponline.gov.in and click “Under Graduate Counseling” for MBBS/BDS 2023-24.
- Step 2: Log in with NEET UG 2023 Roll Number and Password, then enter the Captcha.
- Step 3: Click “Choice Filling.”
- Step 4: Choose your preferred location for choice filling.
- Step 5: Select colleges from the list and arrange them in order of preference. Click “Review Selected Preferences.”
- Step 6: Review your choices; make changes if needed. If all is good, proceed.
- Step 7: Receive and enter OTP sent to your registered mobile/email.
- Step 8: Confirm choice locking. You’ll get an SMS, and you can print the Counseling Choice Filling receipt for reference.
Step 1: Candidate Registration and Profile Creation
- Candidates begin by creating their profiles and registering on the dme.mponline.gov.in portal. This involves providing essential personal information and contact details.
Step 2: First Round of Seat Allotment
- In the first round of seat allotment, candidates can check if they have been allocated a seat in their preferred MBBS/BDS program.
- If NO seat is allotted in the first round, candidates proceed to “Report to Allotted Institute” for completing the admission process in the institute where they have been allotted a seat.
Step 3: Willingness for Upgradation (Round 2)
- For candidates who were not allotted a seat in the first round, there is an option to express their willingness for upgradation in the second round of seat allotment.
- Candidates who choose to upgrade must indicate their preference for this in their candidate login.
- The schedule for the second round of allotment can be found on the portal.
Step 4: Fresh Choices Submission (Round 2)
- Candidates who are participating in the second round need to submit fresh choices for seat allotment. This is crucial as it allows candidates to specify their preferences among the available seats.
- Choices are submitted via the portal.
Step 5: Second Round of Allotment
- The second round of seat allotment takes place, and candidates are informed of their new seat allocation if they opted for upgradation.
- Those who receive new allotments proceed as per the new seat allocation.
Step 6: MOP UP Round (Optional)
- If candidates were not allotted a seat in the first and second rounds or wish to explore additional options, they can opt for the MOP UP round.
- During this step, candidates can once again indicate their willingness for upgradation.
- Fresh choices for seat allotment in the MOP UP round must be submitted.
Step 7: MOP UP Round Allotment (Optional)
- In the MOP UP round, candidates are informed of seat allotments.
- This round serves as a final opportunity for candidates to secure a seat.
Step 8: Filling of Stray Vacancies (Optional)
- Some vacant MBBS/BDS seats may be filled through college-level admissions.
- Candidates who have not been allotted seats in the previous rounds can explore this option if available.
Step 9: Report to Allotted Institute
- After receiving a seat allotment in any round, candidates must report to the institute where they have been allotted a seat.
- Here, they complete the admission process, provide necessary documents, and fulfill any other requirements specified by the institute.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG Admit Card 2023.
- NEET UG Result/Scorecard 2023.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for MP candidates only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc.)
- Passport size Photograph
- Registration Fee Receipt
Documents Required for PG Course
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- NEET MDS Score Card
- BDS Degree certificate
- BDS Marksheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (stating that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on or before March 31, 2023)
- Registration Certificate from the National Dental Commission or State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or class 10 marksheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Government College of Dentistry, Indore
- Address: Sardar Patel Marg, Opp. M.Y. Hospital, Indore (M.P.), 452001
- Website: http://www.gdcindore.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government College of Dentistry, Indore|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What is Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A: Government College of Dentistry, Indore is a dental college located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is affiliated with Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur and is recognized by National Dental Commission.
Q: What courses are offered at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A: Government College of Dentistry in Indore offers undergraduate and postgraduate dental science programmes such as the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), and Diploma in Dental Hygiene.
Q: What is the admission process for Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A: The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) scores are used to determine admission to the Government College of Dentistry, Indore. To be eligible for admission, candidates must have completed their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects and scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
Q: What are the facilities available at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A: Government College of Dentistry in Indore has cutting-edge facilities such as a library, auditorium, hostel accommodation, sports facilities, and a modern dental hospital.
Q: What is the fee structure for BDS course at Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A: Government College of Dentistry in Indore has a BDS course fee of Rs. 1,00,000/-
Q: Is Government College of Dentistry, Indore affiliated with a university?
A: Yes, the Government College of Dentistry, Indore is affiliated with the Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur, a public university in Indore.
Q: What are the courses offered by Government College of Dentistry, Indore?
A:Government College of Dentistry in Indore offers a five-year undergraduate Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme as well as a three-year postgraduate Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programme. The college also provides dental diploma and certificate programmes.
Q: When was the Government College of Dentistry in Indore established?
A: Government College of Dentistry, Indore was established in the year 1961.