Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar, is a prestigious dental institution that has been providing quality dental education for over 30 years. The college was founded in 1981 and is affiliated with Annamalai University, which is one of India’s largest residential universities. The National Dental Commission has accredited the college.
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate dentistry programmes, including the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS). The BDS programme lasts four years, whereas the MDS programme lasts three years. The college has a well-equipped hospital with cutting-edge technology that offers students hands-on clinical training to prepare them for their future dental practise.
Various research programmes are also carried out in collaboration with national and international institutions. The college has a research centre that is approved by the Government of India’s Department of Science and Technology. The oral cancer and other oral diseases are the focus of the research centre.
|Name of Institute||Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar|
|Popular Name||Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital|
|Year of Establishment||1981|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||UG-BDS & PG MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Contact||Address: Annamalai nagar, Cuddalore district, Tamilnadu, India 608002 |
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
The Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital in Annamalai Nagar provides a variety of amenities for the students to improve their education and overall experience. The college offers a number of amenities, including:
Well-equipped labs: The college has labs for practical lessons that are well-equipped, allowing students to get hands-on experience and improve their learning.
Library: The college has a large library with a large collection of books, journals, and research papers about dentistry that gives students access to the most recent data and education.
Lecture halls: The college has air-conditioned lecture halls with cutting-edge audiovisual technology, offering students a comfortable learning environment.
Hospital: The college has a modern hospital where students can practise treating actual patients under the supervision of knowledgeable faculty members.
Hostel: The college offers separate dormitories for male and female students, offering cosy lodging with all essential amenities.
Cafeteria: The college has a sizable cafeteria that offers filling meals to faculty, staff, and students.
Sports facilities: The college has indoor facilities for games like chess, carrom, and table tennis as well as a well-kept playground for outdoor activities like cricket, football, and basketball.
Research center: The institution has a research centre that is focused on oral cancer and other oral diseases and is recognised by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Wi-Fi access: The campus has Wi-Fi, giving students access to online resources and improving their educational experience.
In order to ensure that students have a comfortable learning environment, Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital offers a variety of facilities. Students have access to all the amenities needed for their academic and personal development thanks to the college’s cutting-edge facilities, including well-stocked laboratories, a library, hostels, and sports facilities.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty at Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar, is made up of a group of professionals who are dedicated to giving students high-quality instruction and training. The college’s professors include:
Professors: The college has seasoned professors with years of teaching experience who are leaders in their fields.
Associate Professors: The college recruits associate professors to assist the professors in their teaching, research, and other scholarly endeavours.
Assistant Professors: The students are instructed and advised by the assistant professors of the college as they work towards their academic objectives.
Senior Residents: Senior residents at the college are in charge of giving students clinical training in the hospital.
Junior Residents: The college has junior residents who assist the senior residents in providing clinical training to the students
The college’s staff is made up of administrative, technical, and support staff members who collaborate to ensure the institution operates efficiently. For the benefit of its students, the college also brings in visiting professors from reputable universities both within India and abroad.
Courses offered & Intake Capacity
BDS Courses Details
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||80|
MDS Course Details
|MDS Oral pathology||3 Years||2|
|MDS Conservative dentistry||3 Years||2|
|MDS Oral medicine and radiology||3 Years||1|
|MDS Prosthodontics||3 Years||3|
|MDS Periodontics||3 Years||3|
|MDS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||3|
|MDS Periodontology||3 Years||3|
|MDS Orthodontics||3 Years||3|
|MDS Pedodontics||3 Years||3|
|MDS Oral surgery||3 Years||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For Undergraduate courses
For Post graduate courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
- The candidate should visit any of the Tamil Nadu Official websites www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Or www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates must submit their completed online application form by uploading the required information in the required fields.
- Changes to any details in the online Application will not be considered under any circumstances after submission.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected.
- Candidates should only submit one Application Form. A candidate’s application will be canceled if he or she submits more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct before submitting the application form online.
- Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application form (Hard Copy) along with any required enclosures.
- Service Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application forms, as well as their Service particulars (duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and any necessary enclosures.
- After submitting the filled in online application, the candidates are instructed to download their filled in online application form for future reference.
Method of Payment for Fees:
i. Mode of payment using debit Card/Net or net banking: necessary facilities have been provided for paying through nationalized banks via bank payment portal while utilizing net banking.
ii. Candidates should be aware that a simple fee deduction from a bank account does not constitute proof of fee payment.
iii. Verify the debit card’s validity and bank balance before going on to the website to submit an application. The candidate needs to fill out the required information and pay with a debit card.
iv. It is preferable to maintain a bank account for the same because the security deposit will only be repaid to the account from which it was begun.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Applicants are required to submit their choices during this stage. Candidates should complete the selections while keeping their scores in mind because admission is based on merit, the NEET score and preferences presented during the counseling phase.
- Individuals can choose as many selections as you’d like while looking at the list of colleges on the screen.
- Enter your password after that, then click “Lock Choices.”
- Once a candidate’s choices have been locked, they cannot change them.
- After locking, users have the option to print a copy of the locked choices, which also contains the locking time and date, the IP address of the computer, and a randomly generated unique number.
The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the qualifying exam and the NEET exam. The Tamil Nadu NEET rank list will be posted on DME’s official website.
Counselling Reporting Schedule
On its official website, DME publishes the date sheet and cutoff for the first round of Tamil Nadu counseling. Candidates who meet the cut-off must report to the counseling location on the specified date and time. Such candidates must obtain their call letters from the DME’s official website. Aside from the call letter, candidates must bring the documents indicated below to the counseling location.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET MDS Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Marks|
BDS College Predictor
BDS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which BDS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The BDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission in. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
A BDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses in India. Our Consultant typically have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
MDS College Predictor
MDS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which dental colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs based on their NEET MDS score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MDS Admission Consultant
An MDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar
- Address: Annamalai nagar, Cuddalore district, Tamilnadu, India 608002
- Website: https://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar|
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of BDS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What are the courses offered by Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital?
A: The college offers undergraduate (BDS) and postgraduate (MDS) courses in various specializations such as Oral Medicine and Radiology, Prosthodontics Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Pathology,Periodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Orthodontics and Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
Q: What is the admission process for BDS and MDS courses?
A: The admission process for BDS and MDS courses is based on the NEET exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates have to appear for the NEET exam and qualify with the minimum required percentile. Based on the NEET score, candidates have to participate in the counseling process conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for BDS courses and the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for MDS courses.
Q: Does the college provide hostel facilities for students?
A: Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for both male and female students with all basic amenities, including Wi-Fi, study tables, and recreation facilities.
Q: Does the college have a hospital attached to it?
A:Yes, the college has a well-equipped hospital with modern facilities that provides practical training to students in treating patients under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
Q: Is there any research center in the college?
A: Yes, the college has a research center recognized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, focusing on oral cancer and other oral diseases.
Q: What are the career opportunities after completing BDS and MDS courses?
A: After completing BDS and MDS courses, graduates can work as general dentists or pursue higher studies in dentistry. They can also work in government or private hospitals, dental clinics, or start their own practice.
Q: What is the duration of the BDS and MDS courses offered by the college?
A: The duration of the BDS course is 5 years, which includes 4 years of academic training and 1 year of compulsory rotating internship. The duration of the MDS course is 3 years.
Q: What are the facilities available in the college campus?
A: The college campus has a well-equipped library, auditorium, sports facilities, cafeteria, and Wi-Fi connectivity. The campus also has a student center, where students can engage in extracurricular activities and social events.
Q: What is the student-to-faculty ratio in the college?
A: The student-to-faculty ratio in the college is 1:3, which ensures personalized attention and guidance to each student.
Q: How is the placement record of the college?
A: The college has a good placement record, and graduates of the institution are placed in reputed government and private hospitals, clinics, and research institutes in India and abroad. The college also conducts regular placement drives and career counseling sessions for students.