Dental colleges in Tamil Nadu are renowned for their quality education and state-of-the-art facilities. Tamil Nadu is home to several top-ranked dental colleges that offer undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses in dentistry. These colleges are affiliated with top universities in the state and are approved by the National Dental Commission.
Dental colleges in Tamil Nadu offer thorough and demanding education in the field. Students will emerge from this program with a solid foundation in the fundamental sciences as well as the clinical abilities required to identify and manage a variety of dental conditions. The use of contemporary dental technology and apparatus is taught to students, who are also exposed to a variety of clinical scenarios.
Graduates in dentistry in Tamil Nadu have excellent career prospects. Graduates may pursue careers as specialists, general practitioners, or teachers. They may also work in research centers, private clinics, dental schools, and government hospitals. There is a great need for qualified dental professionals in the state due to the rising demand for dental services. Graduates can continue their education and training to develop their abilities.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Tamil Nadu a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2023
- 7 Documents Required
- 8 MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
- 9 NEET College Predictors
- 10 NEET Rank Predictors
- 11 Expert Admission Consultants
- 12 Participating Dental Colleges
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13.1 Q. How many dental colleges are there in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.2 Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.3 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.4 Q. What are the job opportunities for dental graduates in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.5 Q. What is the scope for dental education in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.6 Q. What are the research opportunities for dental students in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.7 Q. What is the admission process for dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
- 13.8 Q. Are dental colleges in Tamil Nadu affiliated with universities?
- 13.9 Q. What are the specializations offered in dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges In Tamil Nadu||Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, KolkataGuru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research, KolkataHaldia Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, HaldiaNorth Bengal Dental College, DarjeelingKusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College and Hospital, KolkataBurdwan Dental College and Hospital, BurdwanSuperspeciality Hospital and College of Dental Sciences, AsansolSeemanta Institute of Dental Sciences, JhargramInstitute of Dental Sciences, BareillyInstitute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, KolkataResearch Centre, Bilaspur||Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, KolkataGuru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research, KolkataHaldia Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, HaldiaNorth Bengal Dental College, DarjeelingKusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College and Hospital, KolkataBurdwan Dental College and Hospital, BurdwanSuperspeciality Hospital and College of Dental Sciences, AsansolSeemanta Institute of Dental Sciences, JhargramInstitute of Dental Sciences, BareillyInstitute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Kolkata|
Why is Tamil Nadu a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
For a variety of reasons, dental students frequently choose Tamil Nadu as their destination. Here are a few of the primary causes:
- High-Quality Education: Numerous top-ranked dental schools in Tamil Nadu offer students a top-notch education and training. The National Dental Commission has granted approval to these colleges, which are affiliated with some of the state’s top universities. The goal of the curriculum is to provide students with a firm grounding in the fundamental sciences and the clinical skills necessary to recognize and manage a wide range of dental conditions.
- Experienced Faculty: Dental colleges in Tamil Nadu have highly qualified, experienced faculty members who are authorities in their fields. They ensure that students are well-prepared to enter the workforce after graduation by offering them mentorship and practical training.
- Modern Technology and Equipment: The dental schools in Tamil Nadu are outfitted with cutting-edge tools like CAD/CAM systems, laser systems, and digital radiography. This guarantees that dental students have access to the most up-to-date equipment and methods, preparing them for the difficulties they will encounter in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Employment: Tamil Nadu has a high demand for qualified dental professionals, which presents excellent employment prospects for those interested in the field. Graduates can find employment in research centers, private clinics, government hospitals, and dental schools. In order to improve their abilities and knowledge, they can also pursue additional education and training.
- Affordable Education: Dental education in Tamil Nadu is more affordable than in other regions of India, which attracts students looking to pursue the profession without having to take on a heavy financial burden.
- Research Opportunities: Opportunities for Dental Students to Participate in Research Projects and Acquire Practical Experience in Their Fields in Tamil Nadu include a number of dental research institutes and organizations. Students can learn research techniques and stay current on dental advancements thanks to this.
- Strong Alumni Network: In Tamil Nadu, there are many dental colleges that have a strong alumni network that continues to support and mentor students even after they graduate. This network aids students in connecting with professionals in the field, finding employment opportunities, and developing their professional networks.
- Supportive Environment: Tamil Nadu is known for its warm and welcoming citizens, which fosters a supportive climate for dental students. Students can explore and immerse themselves in the state’s vibrant community and rich cultural heritage.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2023
- Step 1: Registration: Create an account on tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
- Step 2: Application: Fill academic details and NEET score.
- Step 3: Fee Payment: Pay counselling fee online.
- Step 4: Choice Filling: Select preferred colleges and courses.
- Step 5: Document Verification: Attend in-person verification.
- Step 6: Seat Allotment: Check allotted college online.
- Step 7: Reporting: Pay fees and complete admission formalities.
- Step 8: Second Round: Participate if needed.
- Step 9: Mop-Up Round: Final opportunity if seats are vacant.
Step 1: NEET Examination
- The first step is to appear for the NEET examination and achieve a qualifying score.
Step 2: Registration for Counseling
- Registration: After the NEET results are declared, the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu, will announce the start of the counseling process. (Click Here)
- Online Registration: Candidates need to register on the official counseling website by providing personal details, NEET score, and other required information.
- Payment of Counseling Fee: Pay the counseling fee through the prescribed mode. This fee can vary based on the category you belong to.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
- Choice Filling: Once registered, you can log in and select your preferred medical/dental colleges and courses from the available options.
- Choice Locking: After selecting your choices, you must lock them before the specified deadline. This ensures that your selected choices are considered for allocation.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- Merit List and Allotment: Based on your NEET score and choices, the authorities will release a merit list indicating your rank and the colleges/courses you are eligible for.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted to candidates in the order of their ranks and preferences. You’ll be notified of your allotment online.
Step 5: Reporting to Allotted College
- Acceptance or Rejection: After seat allotment, you can either accept the allotted seat or reject it if you want to participate in further rounds of counseling.
- Document Verification: If you accept the seat, you need to report to the allotted college for document verification. Carry all the necessary original documents and certificates.
- Payment of Admission Fees: Pay the admission fees at the college as per the guidelines.
Step 6: Subsequent Rounds (if applicable)
- Round 2 and More: If you choose to participate in subsequent rounds, you can update your choices based on the available seats.
- Seat Allotment: The process of choice filling, locking, and seat allotment will repeat for each round.
Step 7: Mop-Up Round (if applicable)
- Mop-Up Round: This round is for any remaining vacant seats. Eligible candidates who haven’t been allotted a seat yet can participate.
- Allotment and Reporting: Seat allotment will occur, followed by reporting to the allotted college if you accept the seat.
Step 8: Conclusion of Counseling
- After all rounds are completed, the counseling process concludes. If you have accepted a seat, your admission process at the allotted college will continue as per their instructions.
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with
- relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu:
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake|
|1||Faculty of Dentistry, Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalai Nagar||Annamalai University||Government||1980||113|
|2||Tamil Nadu Government Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Government||1952||100|
Private Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu:
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake|
|1||Adhiparasakthi Dental College & Hospital, Melmaruvathur||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||Private||2005-06||100|
|2||Asan Memorial Dental College & Hospital, Kancheepuram||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||2011-12||100|
|3||Best Dental Science College, Madurai||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||Private||2007-08||100|
|4||Chettinad Dental College & Research Institute, Kancheepuram||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||Private||2007-08||100|
|5||CSI College of Dental Sciences & Research, Madurai||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||Private||2007-08||100|
|6||Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Dental College||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University||Private||2020-21||100|
|7||JKK Natrajah Dental College & Hospital, Komarapalayam||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University||Private||1987-88||100|
|8||K.S.R. Institute of Dental Science & Research, Tiruchengode||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University||Private||2004-05||100|
|9||Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences, Kanchipuram||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University||Private||2007-08||100|
|10||Madha Dental College & Hospital, Kundrathur||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University||Private||2007-08||100|
|11||Meenakshi Ammal Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education & Research, Chennai||Private||1990-91||100|
|12||Nandha Dental College and Hospital||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||2022-23||100|
|13||Priyadarshini Dental College & Hospital, Pandur||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||2007-08||100|
|14||R.V.S. Dental College & Hospital, Sulur||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||2008-09||100|
|15||Ragas Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||1988-89||100|
|16||Rajas Dental College & Hospital, Kavalkinaru Jn||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||1987-88||100|
|17||S.R.M. Dental College, Ramapuram, Chennai||SRM University (Deemed University)||Private||1996-97||100|
|18||Sathyabama University Dental College and Hospital, Chennai||Sathyabama University, Chennai||Private||2009-10||50|
|19||Saveetha Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||Saveetha University, Tamil Nadu||Private||1988-89||100|
|20||Sree Balaji Dental College & Hospital, Narayanpuram||Bharath University, Chennai||Private||1989-90||100|
|21||Sree Mookambika Institute of Dental Sciences, Kulasekharam||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||1999-00||100|
|22||Sri Ramachandra Dental College & Hospital, Porur||Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai||Private||1995-96||100|
|23||Sri Ramakrishna Dental College & Hospital, Coimbatore||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai||Private||2000-01||100|
|24||Sri Venkateswara Dental College & Hospital, Kancheepuram||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chenna||Private||2007-08||100|
|25||SRM Kattankulathur Dental College & Hospital, Kanchipuram||SRM University (Deemed University)||Private||2007-08||100|
|26||Tagore Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chenna||Private||2007-08||100|
|27||Thai Moogambigai Dental College & Hospital, Chennai||Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute (a Deemed to be University)||Private||1991-92||100|
|28||Vinayaka Mission Sankarachariyar Dental College, Salem||Vinayaka Mission University, Salem||Private||1986-87||100|
|29||Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||Private||2007-08||100|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many dental colleges are there in Tamil Nadu?
A. There are currently 29 dental colleges in Tamil Nadu that are recognized by the National Dental Commission
Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
A. The BDS course in dental colleges in Tamil Nadu is a 5-year program that includes both theoretical and practical training.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Tamil Nadu vary depending on the college. Generally, students must have passed their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects and have a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Q. What are the job opportunities for dental graduates in Tamil Nadu?
A. Dental graduates in Tamil Nadu can work as general dentists, specialists, or educators. They can also work in government hospitals, private clinics, research institutes, and dental colleges. With the growing demand for dental services, there is a significant need for trained dental professionals in the state.
Q. What is the scope for dental education in Tamil Nadu?
A. The scope for dental education in Tamil Nadu is excellent. With the growing demand for dental services and the increasing awareness of oral health, there is a significant need for trained dental professionals in the state. Dental education in Tamil Nadu provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the field of dentistry.
Q. What are the research opportunities for dental students in Tamil Nadu?
A. Dental students in Tamil Nadu have several research opportunities available to them, including participation in research projects, publications, and presentations. There are also several dental research institutes and organizations in Tamil Nadu that provide research opportunities and support for students.
Q. What is the admission process for dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
A. The admission process for dental colleges in Tamil Nadu is generally based on the candidate’s performance in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET),
Q. Are dental colleges in Tamil Nadu affiliated with universities?
A. Yes, dental colleges in Tamil Nadu are affiliated with universities such as the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Bharath University, and the Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute.
Q. What are the specializations offered in dental colleges in Tamil Nadu?
A. Dental colleges in Tamil Nadu offer specializations in various areas such as orthodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, pediatric dentistry, and oral pathology.