Dental colleges in Punjab follow a structured curriculum that focuses on imparting knowledge, skills, and clinical experience to students. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the dental sciences and prepare them for a successful career in dentistry. The courses in dental colleges in Punjab typically span over a period of 4-5 years and include both theoretical and practical components. The theoretical component covers subjects such as anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and dental materials, while the practical component includes hands-on training in dental procedures and clinical practice.
Dental colleges in Punjab also emphasize research and innovation opportunities for students. Students are encouraged to become involved in research projects and to present their findings at national and international conferences. Students at dental colleges in Punjab can also participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and community service programs. These activities contribute to students’ overall development by encouraging teamwork, leadership, and social skills.
Dental Colleges in Punjab place a strong emphasis on helping students improve their professionalism and communication skills in addition to their academic training. Students receive instruction in adhering to ethical standards and effective patient and professional communication.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Punjab a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Punjab NEET Counseling Process 2023
- 7 Application Fee
- 8 Documents Required For UG Course
- 9 Documents Required For PG Courses
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 12 NEET College Predictors
- 13 NEET Rank Predictors
- 14 Expert Admission Consultants
- 15 Participating Dental Colleges
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 16.1 Q: What courses are offered in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.2 Q: What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.3 Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.4 Q: Are dental colleges in Punjab recognized by the National Dental Commission?
- 16.5 Q: What is the fee structure for courses in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.6 Q: What are the career prospects after completing a course in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.7 Q: What are the facilities offered by dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.8 Q: What is the medium of instruction in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.9 Q: What is the scope for research in dental colleges in Punjab?
- 16.10 Q: Are there any internship opportunities available for students in dental colleges in Punjab?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges In Punjab||Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital & Research Institute, LudhianaChristian Dental College, LudhianaDasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, FaridkotGenesis Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, FerozepurLuxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, PatialaNational Dental College & Hospital, GulabgarhRayat Bahra Dental College & Hospital, MohaliSri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, AmritsarSwami Devi Dyal Hospital & Dental College, PanchkulaGian Sagar Dental College & Hospital, Patiala||Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital & Research Institute, LudhianaChristian Dental College, LudhianaDasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, FaridkotGenesis Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, FerozepurLuxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, PatialaNational Dental College & Hospital, GulabgarhRayat Bahra Dental College & Hospital, MohaliSri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, AmritsarSwami Devi Dyal Hospital & Dental College, PanchkulaGian Sagar Dental College & Hospital, Patiala|
Why is Punjab a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
Quality education, affordability, cultural diversity, career opportunities, and advanced dental procedures make Punjab a popular destination for dental aspirants. Punjab is a popular destination for dental aspirants due to several reasons:
- Quality Education: Punjab has several renowned dental colleges that offer quality education in dentistry. The colleges have experienced faculty members, well-equipped labs and clinics, and a comprehensive curriculum that prepares students for a successful career in dentistry.
- Affordability: The cost of education in dental colleges in Punjab is relatively lower compared to other states in India. This makes it an affordable option for students who want to pursue a career in dentistry.
- Cultural Diversity: Punjab is known for its rich culture and diversity. Students from different parts of India and other countries come to study in dental colleges in Punjab, making it a culturally diverse and vibrant place to study.
- Career Opportunities: Punjab has a growing demand for dental professionals in both the public and private sectors. The state offers several career opportunities for dental graduates, including government jobs, private practice, and research.
- Advanced Dental Procedures: Punjab is home to several advanced dental clinics and hospitals that offer state-of-the-art technology and advanced procedures in dentistry. Students studying in dental colleges in Punjab get exposure to the latest trends and advancements in the field of dentistry.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Punjab NEET Counseling Process 2023
Step 1: Registration and Application
- Visit the official University website (www.bfuhs.ac.in).
- Read the Punjab Government notification and Prospectus instructions carefully.
- Only NEET-UG-2023 qualified candidates are eligible.
- Register for admission through the online portal by the deadline.
- Fill out the online admission application form and upload:
- Candidate’s photograph (Max size: 30 KB)
- Candidate’s signature (Max size: 30 KB)
- After submitting the form, you’ll receive a unique Registration ID (Login ID) and password.
Step 2: Fee Deposition
- Pay the admission fee through the University’s online payment gateway.
Step 3: Document Verification
- Micro-reserved category candidates undergo document verification as scheduled.
- SC/BC category candidates verify their certificates when reporting to the allocated college.
Step 4: Merit List
- The State Merit list of registered candidates is displayed on the University website.
- Online counseling follows the merit list publication.
Step 5: Preference Filling
- Only registered candidates are eligible for counseling.
- Carefully read and understand eligibility conditions.
- Fill the online counseling form with your preferences:
- Choose courses, colleges, categories, and quotas.
- Provisional seat allocation is based on NEET merit and your preferences.
- Download your provisional allocation letter.
- Report to the allocated college for document verification and fee payment.
Step 6: Provisional Seat Allotment
- Seats are provisionally allocated based on your merit and preferences.
- Pay the tuition fee online and report to the allocated college for document verification.
Step 7: Document Verification at Allocated College
- Report to your allocated college for document verification.
- The college verifies your eligibility and conducts a medical checkup.
- After verification, pay the online fee and submit the joining report.
|Category||Admission Application Fee||GST (18%)||Total Fee|
|General Candidates||Rs. 5000/-||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 5900/-|
|SC Category Candidates||Rs. 2500/-||Rs. 450/-||Rs. 2950/-|
Documents Required For UG Course
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate(the candidate must had studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English)
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Score Card
- Punjab Resident Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Challan Receipt
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate issued by the head of the institution certifying that the candidate has completed Class 10 and Class 12 from their institute
Documents Required For PG Courses
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- NEET MDS Score Card
- BDS Degree certificate
- BDS Marksheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (stating that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on or before March 31, 2023)
- Registration Certificate from the National Dental Commissionor State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or class 10 marksheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Dental Colleges
|BDS Colleges||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seats||Annual Fees|
|Govt. Dental College, Amritsar||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Government||1952||50||80,000/-|
|Govt. Dental College, Sangrur Road, Patiala||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Government||1956||50||80,000/-|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Amritsar||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar||Private||1992||60||80,000/-|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital & Research Institute, Ludhiana||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||1998||100||1,65,000/-|
|Guru Nanak Dev Dental College & Research Institute, Patiala Bathinda Road||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar||Private||1992||100||1,65,000/-|
|National Dental College, Tehsil Dera Bassi, Patiala||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2001||100||1,65,000/-|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Sirhind Road, Patiala||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2001||100||1,65,000/-|
|Genesis Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Ferozepur||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2005||100||1,65,000/-|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College, Ludhiana||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2008||50||1,65,000/-|
|Rayat-Bahra Dental College, Mohali||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2010||100||1,65,000/-|
|Sri Sukhmani Dental College & Hospital, Derabassi||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||2013||100||1,65,000/-|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||1992||40||1,65,000/-|
|Adesh Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Bathinda||Adesh University, Bathinda||Private||2008||100||1,65,000/-|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot||Private||1992||100||1,65,000/-|
|Gian Sagar Dental College & Hospital Patiala|
|Desh Bhagat Dental College & Hospital, Mandi Gobindgarh||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences||Private||1999||100||1,65,000/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses are offered in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: Dental colleges in Punjab offer undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and postgraduate courses in various specializations such as conservative dentistry and endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, and pedodontics.
Q: What is the duration of the BDS course in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: The BDS course in dental colleges in Punjab has a duration of 5 years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Punjab?
A: The eligibility criteria for admission to dental colleges in Punjab vary depending on the college and course. Generally, candidates must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
Q: Are dental colleges in Punjab recognized by the National Dental Commission?
A: Yes, dental colleges in Punjab are recognized by the National Dental Commission and affiliated with reputed universities in Punjab.
Q: What is the fee structure for courses in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: The fee structure for courses in dental colleges in Punjab varies depending on the college and course. The fee is generally affordable compared to other states in India.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing a course in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: After completing a course in dental colleges in Punjab, graduates can pursue a career as a dentist in private practice or work in government hospitals, clinics, or research centers. There are also opportunities for higher education and specialization in various fields of dentistry.
Q: What are the facilities offered by dental colleges in Punjab?
A: Dental colleges in Punjab offer state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, clinics, libraries, computer labs, hostels, and sports facilities.
Q: What is the medium of instruction in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: The medium of instruction in dental colleges in Punjab is generally English, although some colleges may also offer instruction in Punjabi or Hindi.
Q: What is the scope for research in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: Dental colleges in Punjab encourage research and innovation, with opportunities for students and faculty to undertake research projects and publish papers in reputed journals. Some colleges may also have research centers and collaborations with other institutions for research.
Q: Are there any internship opportunities available for students in dental colleges in Punjab?
A: Yes, all dental colleges in Punjab require students to complete a one-year internship as part of the BDS course. During the internship, students gain hands-on experience and training in dental procedures and clinical practice.