Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Puducherry was established in 2009, to serve each student with a comprehensive picture of dentistry’s future and to provide students with a high-quality education which includes availability to qualified teachers and utilization of top-notch learning resources for professional development to encouraging learning environment. It has recognition from the National Dental Commission in New Delhi and also has affiliation with Pondicherry University.
The college’s objective is to support the development of devoted and qualified professionals. Its aim is to become a premier centre of excellence in dental health care, teaching, training, and research at the national and international levels. It provides cutting-edge research facilities which creates and spreads knowledge in collaborative initiatives with top colleges in the country .
|Name of Institute||Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Puducherry|
|Popular Name||MINDS, Puducherry|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Affiliated to||Pondicherry University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||UG- BDS AND PG- MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Poducherry|
|Contact||Address: MINDS, Chalakkara, Pallor, Mahe – 673 310 U.T of Puducherry |
Email ID : @mahedentalcollege.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Pondicherry University
Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Private
- Lecture Hall
- Radiology Room
Faculty and Staff
As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MDS -PEDODONTICS||3 Years||3|
|MDS -ORAL PATHOLOGY & MICROBIOLOGY||3 Years||2|
|MDS PROSTHODONTICS , CROWN & BRIDGE||3 Years||2|
|MDS -CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS||3 Years||2|
|MDS -PERIODONTOLOGY||3 Years||3|
|MDS -ORTHODONTICS & DENTOFACIAL ORTHOPEDICS||3 Years||3|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDs||3 rd Year||4th Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG courses
For PG courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry
- Address: Chalakkara, Pallo, Mahe – 673 310 U.T of Puducherry
- Email ID: @mahedentalcollege.org
- Website: https://mahedentalcollege.org/
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.Candidates must have studied English as one of their subjects and have passed the four subjects listed above individually.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut Off
|Categories||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Marks|
Puducherry NEET Counselling Procedure
All candidates seeking admission to the Undergraduate medical & dental courses must apply online at www.centacpuducherry.in. as a new user, the candidate must create the login information as follows:
- Click the “New Registration” page, the candidate has to enter a valid Mobile Number and Email ID which would be used for all future communication for admission purposes.
- The candidate must then create a new password (with a maximum of six characters) for online registration. This password does not have to be the same as the password used to access the candidate’s email account.
- The candidate must ensure that all of the information on the form is correct. This data will be used throughout the admissions process. No changes or modifications will be permitted.
- After successfully registering, the applicant must log in with their “registered email-id” and “password” to fill out the online application form.
- Then fill in all the details in the application form and click ‘Submit’.
- Allotment in Rounds 1 and 2 is based on the course preferences submitted by applicants before the deadline for updating course preferences. If the course preferences are left blank, no allotment will take place.
- Before submitting their course preferences in Round 2, candidates should submit their willingness and Registration Fees (only for MBBS).
- After the provisional allotment list is published, allotted applicants should use their Login credentials to access the Allotment Order from the dashboard.
- If a seat is allotted during sliding in round 2, the seat allotted in the previous round will be forfeited. Sliding from one college to another is only permitted during counseling and is based on merit and reservation rules.
(Note: In the case of Offline Counselling, if a candidate is unable to attend the counseling on the specified date and time due to unforeseen circumstances, he or she may authorize a representative to attend the counseling on his or her behalf. The authorized representative must provide an undertaking and authority letter, as well as the necessary original documents, for allotment. The candidate is bound by the allocation made to the authorized representative.)
Seat Allocation Process:
- The Pondicherry counseling process is done online.
- Merit list: The CENTAC official website www.centacpuducherry.in will publish the Merit list. For the Government and Management quota seats, a separate Merit list will be prepared. The merit list will be published based on the NEET exam results.
- The CENTAC may publish a draft merit list. If there are any objections, CENTAC will give them one or two days to be raised. Following that, the Final Merit list with consideration will be published.
- If there are any corrections to the Merit list, the candidate must report them within two days of the publication date.
- After the corrections are made, CENTAC will send the Counselling date via SMS/Mail.
- The candidate should go to the official website for the next steps, such as choice filling (unlimited)
- If the preceding steps are completed, seat allocation will be published one week later.
- If the candidate accepts the position, they will obtain the allotment letter from the official website
- After downloading the allotment letter, they must report to the college within the time frame specified.
- Finally, submit the original documents and pay the course fees.
Report at the college:
Candidates must report to the allotted college with all of their documentation after being assigned a seat.
BDS College Predictor
The BDS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyzes the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s NEET counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue medical studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference. Through that process, the BDS Admission Consultant guides students on NEET counseling & top medical college criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
To know better, the BDS Admission consultant has developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. to receive assistance throughout the entire NEET counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
MDS College Predictor
The MDS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyzes the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s NEET counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue medical studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference. Through that process, the MDS Admission Consultant guides students on NEET counseling & top medical college criteria.
MDS Admission Consultant
To know better, the MDS Admission consultant has developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. to receive assistance throughout the entire NEET counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
For UG Courses
- 3 Recent passport size photographs (including one 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size)
- Age proof Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam. passed (duly self-attested)
- SC / ST Certificate
- Ex-Serviceman / Armed Forces Personnel Certificate
- Meritorious Sportsperson Certificate
- Banker’s Cheque / Demand Draft / By Cash
- Domicile / Residential / Employment Certificate (as per enclosed formats)
- Mark sheets of 10 + 2 / B.Sc. & earlier qualifying exams (For B.Sc.Candidates)
- Admit card of the qualifying exam. (pending declaration of result)
- Disability Certificate (to be obtained from the Medical Board, Medical Directorate, Lamphel).
- OBC Certificate
- Copy of Score Card of NEET (Current Year)
For PG Course
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of BDS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
Frequently Asked Question
Q. When was Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry established?
A. Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry was established in 2009.
Q. What is the Fees for UG Dental Courses at Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry?
A. The fees for UG dental courses at Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry are Rs. 1,00,000/-.
Q. Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry is affiliated with which university?
A. Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry is affiliated with Pondicherry University.
Q. What is the location of Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry?
A. Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry is located in Chalakkara, Pallor Mahe – 673 310 U.T of Puducherry
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry ?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry is 100.
Q. What is the official website for Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry ?
Q. Does the Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry provide hostel facility?
A. Yes, Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry does provide a hostel facility for females.
Q. Is Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry Private or government college?
A. Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry is a private college.