Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore, Karnataka, was founded in 1973 and is a prominent institute dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, and research. Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka, has emerged as a vital centre in the fight against this difficult disease. With a long history and a commitment to quality, it has received National Medical Commission recognition for its contributions to the field of oncology.
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology envisions a future in which cancer is no longer primarily a diagnosis. Their purpose is to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and creative cancer care, as well as to expand understanding and establish a community of healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients. These lofty objectives fuel their continued fight against this disease.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore – Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 11 Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore – Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 12 Karntaka NEET PG Counsellig Proces
- 13 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 14 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 MD College Predictor
- 18 MD Admission Consultant
- 19 FAQs
- 20 What is Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology?
- 21 Who does Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology serve?
- 22 What types of cancer care services are offered at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology?
- 23 Is Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology open to patients from outside Bangalore or Karnataka?
- 24 Is the institute involved in cancer research?
- 25 Are there educational programs at the institute for medical students and professionals?
- 26 What distinguishes Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology from other cancer treatment centers?
|Name of Institute||Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore|
|Popular Name||KMIO, Bangalore|
|Year of Establishment||1973|
|Affiliated||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Entrance Exam for UG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD & MS|
|Contact Details||Address: Old Airport Road, Agram Post, Bangalore – 560007 (Karnataka) Bangalore|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
The Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology in Bangalore offers a range of facilities to support its mission of providing cancer care, research, and education. Some of the key facilities may include:
- Treatment and Surgery Suites: State-of-the-art treatment and surgery rooms equipped for various cancer therapies and surgical procedures.
- Radiology and Imaging: Facilities for advanced imaging such as CT scans, MRI, and radiography to aid in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Radiation Oncology: Specialized units for radiation therapy, including linear accelerators and brachytherapy.
- Oncology Pharmacy: A pharmacy dedicated to providing cancer-specific medications and therapies.
- Laboratories: Research and diagnostic laboratories for studying cancer biology and conducting tests.
- Patient Accommodation: Accommodation for patients and their families, especially for those coming from afar for treatment.
- Counseling and Support Services: Psychosocial support, counseling, and palliative care services for patients and their families.
- Cancer Screening and Prevention Clinics: Specialized clinics for cancer screening and prevention programs.
- Education and Training Facilities: Lecture halls, libraries, and educational resources for medical training and research.
- Recreational Areas: Spaces for relaxation and recreation for patients and their families.
- Dining and Cafeteria: Food services and cafeterias for patients, visitors, and staff.
Faculty and Staff
The Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology in Bangalore is staffed by a diverse group of professionals who play essential roles in providing healthcare, education, and research in the field of oncology. These individuals include:
- Medical Faculty: Professors, associate professors, and instructors who teach and conduct research in various oncology specialties.
- Clinical Staff: Oncologists, surgeons, nurses, and healthcare professionals responsible for diagnosing, treating, and caring for cancer patients.
- Research Team: Scientists, researchers, and laboratory technicians engaged in cutting-edge cancer research.
- Administrative and Support Staff: Personnel managing administrative tasks, admissions, finance, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the institute.
- Counselors and Psychosocial Support: Experts in mental health and support services who assist patients and families dealing with the emotional challenges of cancer.
- Educational and Training Team: Instructors, educators, and trainers responsible for medical education and training programs.
- Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians: Professionals managing the pharmacy services, dispensing medications, and ensuring the availability of cancer-specific drugs.
- Radiology and Imaging Staff: Technicians and radiologists responsible for diagnostic imaging and radiology services.
- Facility Management: Individuals overseeing the maintenance and functionality of the institute’s infrastructure and facilities.
- Dietitians and Nutritionists: Experts helping cancer patients manage their dietary needs and nutrition during treatment.
- Security and Support Services: Personnel responsible for the safety and security of the institute and its occupants.
Course offers for PG Course
|Course||Duration (in years)||Seat Intake|
|MD – Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology||3||9|
|MD – Biochemistry||3||3|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3||14|
|MD – Pathology||3||15|
|MD – Microbiology||3||3|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|48000.00 per year|
|2’nd year||21400.00 per year|
|3’rd year||21400.00 per year|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Minimum Score in NEET PG/MDS Exam||The candidate must have scored equal to or more than the minimum required score in NEET PG exam/ NEET MDS exam.|
|Qualifying Degree||The candidate must have completed their MBBS/BDS from a recognized institute by NMC/DCI.|
|Compulsory Rotating Internship||The candidate must have completed or be completing their Compulsory Rotating Internship on or before 31st July 2022.|
|Age Limit for In-service Candidates||In-service candidates must be under 48 years of age as of 31st March 2023.|
|Category-Based Eligibility||SC/ST/OBC/Linguistic minority eligibility criteria are applicable as per state government policy. OBC candidates of Karnataka who did not claim OBC in NEET PG 2022 / NEET MDS 2022 can claim the respective category in KEA.|
|PG Degree Holders||Candidates holding a PG degree in any clinical specialty are not eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Degree or Diploma course.|
|Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals||Foreign national candidates must have qualified in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE – Screening Test) conducted by National Board of Examinations/DCI, be registered with NMC/DCI, and have completed their internship.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore – Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|OBC||MD Radio Diagnosis||12630||12630|
|ST||MD Radio Diagnosis||6459||6459|
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Bangalore – Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|General||MD Radio Diagnosis||–||1479|
Karntaka NEET PG Counsellig Proces
The registration process for Karnataka NEET PG Counselling 2023 will be conducted online through the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The steps to register for the counselling process are as follows:
- Visit the official website of KEA (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/) and click on the “NEET PG Counselling” link.
- Click on the “New Registration” button and fill in the required personal details and contact information.
- Create a new password for your account and submit the registration form.
- After submitting the registration form, candidates will receive a user ID and password via SMS and email.
- Log in to your account using the provided user ID and password.
- Upload the necessary documents such as NEET PG scorecard, MBBS/BDS mark sheet, internship completion certificate, and other required certificates.
- Pay the counselling registration fee online through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After successful payment, select your preferred course and college from the available options.
- Lock your choices and wait for the seat allotment result.
|Categories||Fees (Non Refundable)|
|SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|NRI/OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs.2000/-|
The counselling process for Karnataka NEET PG 2023 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for admission to government seats in postgraduate medical and dental degree and diploma courses in Karnataka. The counselling process will be conducted online. The counselling process will involve the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates who are eligible for counselling must register themselves on the website (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/) and pay the required counselling fee.
Step 2: Choice Filling
After registration, candidates must fill their choices of courses and colleges as per their preferences.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
The KEA will publish the seat allotment list based on the choices filled by the candidates, their merit rank, and availability of seats.
Step 4: Document Verification
Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the designated centre for document verification and payment of admission fees.
Step 5: Reporting to the Allotted College
After document verification and payment of fees, candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore|
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- Address: Old Airport Road, Agram Post, Bangalore – 560007 (Karnataka) Bangalore
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://kmio.karnataka.gov.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
MS College Predictor
MS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which Medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Surgery (MS) programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MS Admission Consultant
An MS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Surgery (MS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology?
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is a premier cancer treatment and research center located in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the management and study of cancer.
Who does Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology serve?
The institute primarily serves cancer patients, offering a wide range of cancer care services. However, it also plays a role in medical education and research.
What types of cancer care services are offered at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology?
The institute provides a comprehensive range of services, including diagnosis, treatment, surgical procedures, radiation therapy, and support services for cancer patients.
Is Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology open to patients from outside Bangalore or Karnataka?
Yes, the institute often receives patients from various parts of India and even from abroad. It provides services to patients regardless of their geographical location.
Is the institute involved in cancer research?
Yes, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology actively participates in cancer research, contributing to advancements in cancer treatment and prevention.
Are there educational programs at the institute for medical students and professionals?
Yes, the institute offers educational and training programs in oncology for medical students and healthcare professionals.
What distinguishes Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology from other cancer treatment centers?
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is known for its long-standing commitment to cancer care, research, and education. It is a government-funded institution with a focus on serving a wide range of patients, including those from underserved communities.