SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease Bengaluru, founded in 1948, is a major player in tuberculosis research and chest disorders. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka and is recognised by the National Medical Commission for its contributions to tuberculosis and respiratory illnesses research and treatment.
The institute’s faculty and staff are dedicated and diverse, including experienced medical professionals, researchers, and educators who work relentlessly to enhance knowledge and healthcare in the field of tuberculosis and chest disorders. Their knowledge helps to the institute’s objective of providing comprehensive care while also encouraging research and education in this specialised area of medicine.
The institute provides an MD course in “Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine” for medical students looking for specialised training. With a focus on tuberculosis in particular, this programme offers a thorough exploration of the diagnosis, treatment, and research of respiratory system illnesses. Students in this course will have the chance to specialise in chest diseases and contribute significantly to patient care and medical knowledge in this crucial area.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease Bengaluru – Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 11 Karntaka NEET PG Counsellig Proces
- 12 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 13 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 14 Ranking & Reputation
- 15 Contact Details
- 16 MD College Predictor
- 17 MD Admission Consultant
- 18 MS College Predictor
- 19 MS Admission Consultant
- 20 FAQs
- 21 What is the SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease?
- 22 When was the institute established?
- 23 What are the primary areas of expertise of the institute?
- 24 Is the institute affiliated with any educational institutions?
- 25 Is the institute recognized by relevant medical authorities?
- 26 What kind of facilities are available at the institute for patient care
- 27 Does the institute engage in research activities?
|Name of Institute||SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease Bengaluru|
|Popular Name||RGICD, Bengaluru|
|Year of Establishment||1948|
|Affiliated||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Contact Details||Address: Someshwarnagar 1st Main Road, Dharmaram College Post, 1st Block, Hombegowda Nagar, Bangalore – 560029|
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease in Bengaluru. This institute is well-equipped to meet the unique healthcare needs of its patients and the educational requirements of its students. Some of the key facilities include:
- State-of-the-Art Laboratories: The institute houses advanced laboratories for research and diagnostics, enabling the study of chest diseases and tuberculosis at a molecular level.
- Specialized Treatment Units: It has specialized units for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of tuberculosis and other respiratory diseases. These units are equipped with the latest medical technology.
- Radiology and Imaging Services: The institute offers a range of diagnostic imaging services, including X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs, to aid in the accurate diagnosis of chest diseases.
- Educational Infrastructure: To support medical education, the institute provides modern classrooms, lecture halls, and a medical library with access to a wide range of reference materials.
- Patient Care Units: The facility offers well-equipped patient care units, including wards and outpatient clinics, to provide comprehensive care to those affected by chest diseases.
- Research Facilities: For those involved in research, the institute provides dedicated spaces for studies in the field of tuberculosis and chest diseases, fostering innovation and discovery.
- Support Services: These include counseling and psychosocial support for patients and their families, dietary services, and recreational areas to enhance the overall patient experience.
- Accommodation: For patients who need to stay for extended treatment or come from afar, the institute may provide accommodation facilities.
- Community Outreach Programs: The institute is actively engaged in community outreach and awareness programs to educate the public about chest diseases and preventive measures.
- Administrative and Support Services: To ensure the smooth functioning of the institute, there are administrative offices, finance and support services, and security personnel.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease in Bengaluru are a dedicated and diverse group of professionals who play crucial roles in fulfilling the institute’s mission of healthcare, research, and education in the field of chest diseases, with a particular focus on tuberculosis. This dedicated team includes:
- Medical Faculty: Professors, associate professors, and instructors specializing in chest diseases and tuberculosis research and treatment, who contribute to medical education and patient care.
- Clinical Staff: Experienced doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals who are responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with chest diseases.
- Research Team: Scientists, researchers, and laboratory technicians engaged in cutting-edge research to advance our understanding of chest diseases and develop innovative treatment approaches.
- Educational and Training Staff: Instructors, educators, and trainers responsible for medical education and training programs, helping shape the next generation of healthcare professionals.
- Administrative and Support Personnel: Individuals managing the administrative tasks, admissions, finance, and the overall functioning of the institute to ensure the smooth operation of its services.
- Counselors and Psychosocial Support Professionals: Experts in mental health and psychosocial support services who provide vital emotional assistance to patients and their families dealing with the challenges of chest diseases.
- Dietitians and Nutritionists: Experts in nutrition who help patients manage their dietary needs during treatment, promoting overall health and well-being.
- Radiology and Imaging Professionals: Technicians and radiologists responsible for diagnostic imaging and radiology services, a critical component of chest disease diagnosis and treatment.
- Facility Management Team: Individuals responsible for the maintenance and functionality of the institute’s infrastructure and facilities.
- Security and Support Services: Personnel who ensure the safety and security of the institute, its occupants, and its resources.
Course offers for PG Course
|Course||Duration (in years)||Seat Intake|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 years||4|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|MD Course||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Minimum Score in NEET PG/MDS Exam||The candidate must have scored equal to or more than the minimum required score in NEET PG exam/ NEET MDS exam.|
|Qualifying Degree||The candidate must have completed their MBBS/BDS from a recognized institute by NMC/DCI.|
|Compulsory Rotating Internship||The candidate must have completed or be completing their Compulsory Rotating Internship on or before 31st July 2022.|
|Age Limit for In-service Candidates||In-service candidates must be under 48 years of age as of 31st March 2023.|
|Category-Based Eligibility||SC/ST/OBC/Linguistic minority eligibility criteria are applicable as per state government policy. OBC candidates of Karnataka who did not claim OBC in NEET PG 2022 / NEET MDS 2022 can claim the respective category in KEA.|
|PG Degree Holders||Candidates holding a PG degree in any clinical specialty are not eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Degree or Diploma course.|
|Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals||Foreign national candidates must have qualified in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE – Screening Test) conducted by National Board of Examinations/DCI, be registered with NMC/DCI, and have completed their internship.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease Bengaluru – Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|General||MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||2610||2610|
Karntaka NEET PG Counsellig Proces
The registration process for Karnataka NEET PG Counselling 2023 will be conducted online through the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The steps to register for the counselling process are as follows:
- Visit the official website of KEA (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/) and click on the “NEET PG Counselling” link.
- Click on the “New Registration” button and fill in the required personal details and contact information.
- Create a new password for your account and submit the registration form.
- After submitting the registration form, candidates will receive a user ID and password via SMS and email.
- Log in to your account using the provided user ID and password.
- Upload the necessary documents such as NEET PG scorecard, MBBS/BDS mark sheet, internship completion certificate, and other required certificates.
- Pay the counselling registration fee online through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After successful payment, select your preferred course and college from the available options.
- Lock your choices and wait for the seat allotment result.
|Categories||Fees (Non Refundable)|
|SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|NRI/OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs.2000/-|
The counselling process for Karnataka NEET PG 2023 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for admission to government seats in postgraduate medical and dental degree and diploma courses in Karnataka. The counselling process will be conducted online. The counselling process will involve the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates who are eligible for counselling must register themselves on the website (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/) and pay the required counselling fee.
Step 2: Choice Filling
After registration, candidates must fill their choices of courses and colleges as per their preferences.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
The KEA will publish the seat allotment list based on the choices filled by the candidates, their merit rank, and availability of seats.
Step 4: Document Verification
Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the designated centre for document verification and payment of admission fees.
Step 5: Reporting to the Allotted College
After document verification and payment of fees, candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease, Bengaluru|
SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease, Bengaluru
- Address: Someshwarnagar 1st Main Road, Dharmaram College Post, 1st Block, Hombegowda Nagar, Bangalore – 560029
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://rgicd.karnataka.gov.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
MS College Predictor
MS College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which Medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Master of Surgery (MS) programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MS Admission Consultant
An MS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Master of Surgery (MS) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is the SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease?
The SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Disease is a renowned institution dedicated to the study and treatment of chest diseases, with a particular focus on tuberculosis. It’s located in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
When was the institute established?
The institute has a long history, dating back to its establishment in 1948.
What are the primary areas of expertise of the institute?
The institute specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and research of chest diseases, with a strong emphasis on tuberculosis.
Is the institute affiliated with any educational institutions?
Yes, the institute is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, which enhances its academic and research capabilities.
Yes, the institute is recognized by the National Medical Commission for its contributions to healthcare and research.
What kind of facilities are available at the institute for patient care
The institute offers specialized treatment units, diagnostic services, and patient care facilities for those affected by chest diseases.
Does the institute engage in research activities?
Yes, the institute is actively involved in research, contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the field of chest diseases, particularly tuberculosis.