Thiruvarur Government Medical College, located in the quaint town of Thiruvarur in Tamil Nadu, is a prestigious government-funded medical institution. Since its inception in 2010, the college has been dedicated to providing quality education and training to aspiring medical professionals. The college is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in Chennai.
The college provides a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate medical science courses, including MBBS, MD, and MS. The courses are approved by the National Medical Commission and the Tamil Nadu government.
The College also has a sizable bedded hospital with all modern amenities, such as an ICU, emergency department, operating rooms, and diagnostic facilities. This hospital serves as a clinical training hub for students, giving them valuable hands-on experience under the supervision of experienced doctors and medical professionals.
Government Medical College Thiruvarur Highlights
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Thiruvarur|
|Popular Name||GMC, Thiruvarur|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS & PG MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Contact||Address: NH-67, Nagappattinam Thiruvarur Thanjavur, Chennai – Trichy Hwy, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610004 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Thiruvarur Government Medical College has modern infrastructure and facilities to support medical students’ learning and training. The following are some of the college’s facilities:
Library: The college library is well-stocked with medical and allied sciences books, journals, and research papers. Online resources and e-journals are available to students.
Laboratories: The college’s laboratories are well-equipped with modern instruments and equipment, allowing students to conduct practical experiments and gain hands-on experience.
Hospital: The college has a sizable hospital with all modern amenities, including an intensive care unit (ICU), emergency department, operation theatres, and diagnostic labs. The hospital serves as a clinical training hub for students, giving them a valuable opportunity to gain practical experience.
Hostel: The college offers separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, complete with all basic amenities and a mess hall.
Sports: The college has a playground and indoor sports facilities for students to participate in a variety of sports.
Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria where students and staff can get nutritious food and beverages.
Medical facilities: The college has a well-equipped medical facility where students and staff can receive medical care.
Thiruvarur Government Medical College fosters an environment in which students can learn and grow as medical professionals.
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty at Thiruvarur Government Medical College is made up of a group of professionals committed to giving their students the best possible education and training. Experts in their fields, the faculty members are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with students through cutting-edge teaching methodologies and creative approaches.
- The college also has a team of administrative staff who support the college’s academic and research activities. Administrative personnel include the registrar, accountants, clerks, and other support personnel.
- Thiruvarur Government Medical College’s faculty and staff are dedicated to fostering an environment that will help students learn and develop as medical professionals. They are committed to assisting their students in achieving their objectives and offer them advice, support, and mentorship.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD – Emergency Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||10|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||8|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||6|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||3|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||2|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
For Post Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
|MD/MS||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
- The candidate should visit any of the Tamil Nadu Official websites www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Or www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates must submit their completed online application form by uploading the required information in the required fields.
- Changes to any details in the online Application will not be considered under any circumstances after submission.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected.
- Candidates should only submit one Application Form. A candidate’s application will be canceled if he or she submits more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct before submitting the application form online.
- Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application form (Hard Copy) along with any required enclosures.
- Service Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application forms, as well as their Service particulars (duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and any necessary enclosures.
- After submitting the filled in online application, the candidates are instructed to download their filled in online application form for future reference.
Method of Payment for Fees:
i. Mode of payment using debit Card/Net or net banking: necessary facilities have been provided for paying through nationalized banks via bank payment portal while utilizing net banking.
ii. Candidates should be aware that a simple fee deduction from a bank account does not constitute proof of fee payment.
iii. Verify the debit card’s validity and bank balance before going on to the website to submit an application. The candidate needs to fill out the required information and pay with a debit card.
iv. It is preferable to maintain a bank account for the same because the security deposit will only be repaid to the account from which it was begun.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Applicants are required to submit their choices during this stage. Candidates should complete the selections while keeping their scores in mind because admission is based on merit, the NEET score and preferences presented during the counseling phase.
- Individuals can choose as many selections as you’d like while looking at the list of colleges on the screen.
- Enter your password after that, then click “Lock Choices.”
- Once a candidate’s choices have been locked, they cannot change them.
- After locking, users have the option to print a copy of the locked choices, which also contains the locking time and date, the IP address of the computer, and a randomly generated unique number.
The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the qualifying exam and the NEET exam. The Tamil Nadu NEET rank list will be posted on DME’s official website.
Counselling Reporting Schedule
On its official website, DME publishes the date sheet and cutoff for the first round of Tamil Nadu counseling. Candidates who meet the cut-off must report to the counseling location on the specified date and time. Such candidates must obtain their call letters from the DME’s official website. Aside from the call letter, candidates must bring the documents indicated below to the counseling location.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur
- Address: NH-67, Nagappattinam Thiruvarur Thanjavur, Chennai – Trichy Hwy, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610004
- Admission Helpline no : 966754250
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur|
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses are offered at Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur?
A: Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine and allied sciences. The undergraduate course offered is MBBS, and the postgraduate courses offered include MD and MS,courses.
Q: How is the admission process conducted atGovernment. Medical College, Thiruvarur?
A: The admission process at Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur is conducted based on the scores obtained in the NEET entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for admission are a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
Q: What are the hostel facilities available for students?
A: Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with all basic amenities, including a mess facility.
Q: What are the research facilities available at Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur?
A:Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur has a well-equipped research laboratory with modern instruments and equipment for students and faculty members to conduct research in various fields of medicine and allied sciences.
Q: What are the job prospects after completing a course from Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur?
A: Students who complete their courses from Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur can pursue a career in various fields such as clinical practice, research, teaching, and public health. They can also pursue higher studies and specialize in their field of interest.
Q: Does Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur provide any scholarships or financial assistance to students?
A: Yes, Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur provides various scholarships and financial assistance to deserving students. These scholarships are offered by the government and private organizations and are based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria.
Q: What are the extracurricular activities available for students at Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur?
A: Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur provides various opportunities for students to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and community service activities. The college has a playground and indoor sports facilities for students to engage in various sports activities. Students can also participate in cultural events and other extracurricular activities organized by the college.
Q: Is Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur affiliated to any university?
A: Yes, Government. Medical College, Thiruvarur is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.